Author Topic: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.  (Read 17525 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
no one under 400k is seeing any tax increase

their payroll tax is no higher than the day Obama took office

It is higher than it was last week... That's a fact.

Many people who have seen their first paychecks of the year are saying that the money is less.

I am quite certain I will lose some myself.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »
It is higher than it was last week... That's a fact.

Many people who have seen their first paychecks of the year are saying that the money is less.

I am quite certain I will lose some myself.
Straw is right, it's higher now because of the experation of a temporary break which means it's not actually higher.  It's back to what it was.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/expired-payroll-tax-cut-means-most-to-pay-more-in-2013-1.1425009

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »
Straw is right, it's higher now because of the experation of a temporary break which means it's not actually higher.  It's back to what it was.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/expired-payroll-tax-cut-means-most-to-pay-more-in-2013-1.1425009
Straw is right, it's higher now because of the experation of a temporary break which means it's not actually higher.  It's back to what it was.

I understand that.

However, if you are fighting to make tax breaks on the middle class permanent, why not fight for the payroll tax reduction as well?

Yes. It is the same as the day Obama took office.

It's still more than it was last week.

Right?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 12:21:43 AM »
I understand that.

However, if you are fighting to make tax breaks on the middle class permanent, why not fight for the payroll tax reduction as well?

Yes. It is the same as the day Obama took office.

It's still more than it was last week.

Right?
well yea, it's higher than it was last week lol...  The only think I was saying was that what straw stated on the board is true.  I wasn't trying to evaluate why they didn't become permanent or who's fault that is.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 07:46:48 AM »
The semantical arguments are funny.

The fact is that the payroll tax holiday was a horrible, misguided and dumb idea.

Now it goes from 4.2% back to 6.2% doesn't take away the fact that the employee payroll tax rate went up. It's also a very, very regressive tax so this doesn't help anyone.

In the end, taxes went up for everyone, taxes will continue to rise for everyone as government continues to grow and suck up resources. The next Debt Ceiling Farce will give us a clearer picture of just how much the government wants to rape us. As I said before, this was only the beginning....taxes are going up, deductions will start to be closed and when that doesn't do the trick they will begin to come for anything that has a store of wealth.

This is what was voted for.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 07:49:11 AM »
I voted for Ron Paul - dont blame me 

You supported the backstabbing of RP at the convention so he should blame you.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »
If Obama felt all of the tax rates were temporary - why did he not fight to make this permanent? 

He lied and is engaging in his usual scams by forcing workers to pay for more druggies and dopers who are enrolling in SSDI as well as the new flood of people soon to be on medicaid. 

F Obama!  He is disgusting 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 08:11:44 AM »
Straw is right, it's higher now because of the experation of a temporary break which means it's not actually higher.  It's back to what it was.

they all know that

they just have an irrational need to find something, anything to get mad at Obama about and since they have nothing valid they need to make shit up

totally pathetic when you think about it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2013, 08:18:35 AM »
they all know that

they just have an irrational need to find something, anything to get mad at Obama about and since they have nothing valid they need to make shit up

totally pathetic when you think about it

LOL.   So why didnt obama fight to make that one permanent considering he argued the same thing about the evil tax rates for the rich?  

Why?  Because o-THUG is a lying snake and a fraud and a con man.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 08:22:13 AM »
The semantical arguments are funny.

The fact is that the payroll tax holiday was a horrible, misguided and dumb idea.

Now it goes from 4.2% back to 6.2% doesn't take away the fact that the employee payroll tax rate went up. It's also a very, very regressive tax so this doesn't help anyone.

In the end, taxes went up for everyone, taxes will continue to rise for everyone as government continues to grow and suck up resources. The next Debt Ceiling Farce will give us a clearer picture of just how much the government wants to rape us. As I said before, this was only the beginning....taxes are going up, deductions will start to be closed and when that doesn't do the trick they will begin to come for anything that has a store of wealth.

This is what was voted for.

Romney proposed a hell of a lot more cuts to deductions than Obama.  Not saying Obama was the right choice but just saying on that point.  And I didn't vote Obama this time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »
like i said before they're     fox news smart     when you get all your information from foxs news and hate radio this is what you get oh and Egyptian papers   :D :D :D :D :D

If  O-TWINK was arguing that all tax rates were temporary and he only fought to keep some rates permanent - why did he not fight to keep this permanent too and not have people taking home less money each week.  

And what is funny - the money is going to fund the drug addicts, worthless deadbeats, alchies, etc going on SSDI, not shoring up the system.  

F Obama!   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 08:25:46 AM »
If Obama felt all of the tax rates were temporary - why did he not fight to make this permanent?

He lied and is engaging in his usual scams by forcing workers to pay for more druggies and dopers who are enrolling in SSDI as well as the new flood of people soon to be on medicaid.  

F Obama!   

jesus this might be one of the dumbest sentences you've ever written

http://www.ssa.gov/legislation/legis_bulletin_122811.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »
jesus this might be one of the dumbest sentences you've ever written

http://www.ssa.gov/legislation/legis_bulletin_122811.html

Obama lied - peoples' paychecks died. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
Obama lied - peoples' paychecks died. 
It was orginally intended and stated to be temporary.  How is that a lie?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2013, 08:35:56 AM »
Debate people...  cut back on the one line insults and make points then debate the points made.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
It was orginally intended and stated to be temporary.  How is that a lie?

Its not a lie - but so were all the Bush tax rates right?  Obama fought to keep some permanent and others go up correct?  

Why not this too since all of these people make less than 250k a year and now will be taking home less $$$$$ as other taxes and ObamaCare kick in?

Obama knows that he has a base who never question him and never imagined or were informed that their paychecks would shrink.   He knew if he was honest about it - he would not get away w his lies and deceptions.

I really am enjoying seeing liberals have their paychecks eaten away while obama puts more people on SSDI and food stamps.  THEY VOTED FOR THIS!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2013, 08:38:11 AM »
Romney proposed a hell of a lot more cuts to deductions than Obama.  Not saying Obama was the right choice but just saying on that point.  And I didn't vote Obama this time.

I never said you did and I understand about Romney.

Neither had/has an actual solution. The disaster we are currently in the throes of is evidence of that. I mean, who thinks it's a great idea to cut someones taxes 2% and then raise them back up at the end of some arbitrary time period? This is all window dressing. It makes little sense.

I will restate my guess that the Debt Ceiling Theater will give us a much clearer picture of how much government  is going to grow and how much we are truly fucked.

This doesn't end well.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »
Its not a lie - but so were all the Bush tax rates right?  Obama fought to keep some permanent and others go up correct?  

Why not this too since all of these people make less than 250k a year and now will be taking home less $$$$$ as other taxes and ObamaCare kick in?

Obama knows that he has a base who never question him and never imagined or were informed that their paychecks would shrink.   He knew if he was honest about it - he would not get away w his lies and deceptions.

I really am enjoying seeing liberals have their paychecks eaten away while obama puts more people on SSDI and food stamps.  THEY VOTED FOR THIS!
dude, I don't have a full accounting of what they pushed for then conceded during this fiscal cliff fight and I doubt you do either.  That shit went back and forth so many times in a short period of time.  I'm not going to make claims for what was wanted by who other than the major points we all know about.  I'm not sure how you can.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2013, 08:52:08 AM »
dude, I don't have a full accounting of what they pushed for then conceded during this fiscal cliff fight and I doubt you do either.  That shit went back and forth so many times in a short period of time.  I'm not going to make claims for what was wanted by who other than the major points we all know about.  I'm not sure how you can.

I know that Obama did not warn about this to his voters and supporters right? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2013, 08:53:55 AM »
I never said you did and I understand about Romney.

Neither had/has an actual solution. The disaster we are currently in the throes of is evidence of that. I mean, who thinks it's a great idea to cut someones taxes 2% and then raise them back up at the end of some arbitrary time period? This is all window dressing. It makes little sense.

I will restate my guess that the Debt Ceiling Theater will give us a much clearer picture of how much government  is going to grow and how much we are truly fucked.

This doesn't end well.
sorry, I just added the "I didn't vote for Obama" thing because I got so much shit for doing it the first time ;D  Just in case someone thought I was supporting Obama lol... I wanted to duck the rocks before they were thrown lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »
I think the general idea of something signed into law with a temporary fixed ending that was announced to the people is that you expect it to end unless it's extended.  We're not idiots. I expect him to tell us if he's extending it, not that it was going to end when planned ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2013, 09:01:18 AM »
I think the general idea of something signed into law with a temporary fixed ending that was announced to the people is that you expect it to end unless it's extended.  We're not idiots. I expect him to tell us if he's extending it, not that it was going to end when planned ::)

Ok - how about this -

Obama fought to extend the TEMPORARY UE benefits right?   YES OR NO? 

Why didnt he fight for this as well? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »
Ok - how about this -

Obama fought to extend the TEMPORARY UE benefits right?   YES OR NO? 

Why didnt he fight for this as well? 

I don't know, maybe because he only got half the deal he wanted in the fiscal cliff fiasco.

You're odd, I thought you wanted these lower life forms to be paying more?  You've said that in the past.  Shouldn't you be thanking Obama then? lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »

you know NOTHING as usual

the name of the legislation was: 

H.R. 3765 The “Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
you know NOTHING as usual

the name of the legislation was: 

H.R. 3765 The “Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011”

So why no continue it so workers under 250k a year keep their paycheck going and not having to pay more like obama kept railing about over and over and over and over and over.