Author Topic: Mom protecting children shoots intruder 5 times, MSNBC calls her "trigger happy"  (Read 22849 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
i think she probably would have answered the door too. and if she didnt, and he broke in and she was unarmed, i would hope she would scream and if she did that the robber would most likely run out of the house.   

thiefs dont want to hurt anybody they just want to get money.

who do you think got the short end of the stick ? the mom whose house was broken into by an unarmed man because she couldnt answer the door , or the robber who got shot 5 times in the face without even being armed or trying to hurt anybody?

WOW!! This thread is GOLD!!!

So, this is what I'm getting from your posts:
It is a surefire guarantee that there is no chance a robber breaking into my house has any malicious intent aside from "getting my money," and I can be safely assured that theft is the only crime he is capable of committing. And, if I answer the door and scream at him, he will run away.

Once you confirm (or dispel with adequate explanation) the above summation, then I will address the idiocy of the notion that the poor innocent robber is the victim here, as opposed to the mother protecting herself and her children against a man who unlawfully trespassed onto her property and forced his way into her house.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
when you break into someones house all bets are off,you deserve what they give you

Montague

• Getbig V
i think she probably would have answered the door too. and if she didnt, and he broke in and she was unarmed, i would hope she would scream and if she did that the robber would most likely run out of the house.  

thiefs dont want to hurt anybody they just want to get money.

who do you think got the short end of the stick ? the mom whose house was broken into by an unarmed man because she couldnt answer the door , or the robber who got shot 5 times in the face without even being armed or trying to hurt anybody?

Also, how do you propose I identify if the intruder presents for robbery or home-invasion? Should I scream from behind the closed door, or should I answer the door first, and then scream?
And, if it is a home-invasion, should I first ask him in a polite and civil manner if and what he is armed with before deciding if deadly force defense is meritted? And, should I study his pupil dilation to determine if he's providing me an honest answer?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
yea b/c nobody ever gets hurt in robberies...::)

This guy wasnt a petty theif he wasnt out simply taking what was easy to steal. This mother fucker was BREAKING INTO HOUSES!!! thats a whole other level of criminality from simple theft.

"who do you think got the short end of the stick ? the mom whose house was broken into by an unarmed man because she couldnt answer the door , or the robber who got shot 5 times in the face without even being armed or trying to hurt anybody?"

holy balls dizzle, the CRIMINAL got teh short end of the stick and deservedly so. How as the mothe supposed to know he wasnt armed?

how was she to know he wasnt looking to hurt anyone?

the mother fucker broke into her house and you want to criticize this woman for defending her family?

This is honestly become stupider than any economic stance you have taken, even more idiotic than business do not create demand stance.

I thought there was hope for you bro but this has shown me that at your core you really are just a idealostic, irrational and emotional child
your damn right the robber got the short end of the stick. now take that into account and stop criticising some media outlet for calling the woman trigger happy because she put 5 bullets in his head. thats trigger happy as fuck.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
It's quite common for an untrained individual to empty the entire clip without even intending to do so in a life or death situation.  Many times they will continue to fire even after all of the rounds have been discharged, as they are in a state of shock.  So there's probably not more to this story as you would want everyone to believe, just a scared mother defending her childrens lives.
lol.. untrained with guns and emptying an entire clip with accuracy within a few seconds of time..  ;D  i guess its "possible" ...    and that would be one TRIGGER HAPPY mofo if it did

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
He had a crowbar, to begin with....
didnt know that.  probably only for a tool to use during the break in.

You wouldn't ask this woman, under such circumstances, to have faith that this person wasn't going to hurt her, would you?
nope. but i would ask her to only use as much force as necessary.

WOW!! This thread is GOLD!!!

So, this is what I'm getting from your posts:
It is a surefire guarantee that there is no chance a robber breaking into my house has any malicious intent aside from "getting my money," and I can be safely assured that theft is the only crime he is capable of committing. And, if I answer the door and scream at him, he will run away.

Once you confirm (or dispel with adequate explanation) the above summation, then I will address the idiocy of the notion that the poor innocent robber is the victim here, as opposed to the mother protecting herself and her children against a man who unlawfully trespassed onto her property and forced his way into her house.

it seems you have some trouble with reading comprehension my friend.

when you break into someones house all bets are off,you deserve what they give you
homeless man rings the bell a few times, was gonna ask the homeowner for food, no one answers and he is starving so he breaks in to grab some food. homeowner is hiding with a baseball bat and knife.  runs up and swats the homeless guy in the head and cuts his balls off while still alive then breaks his face wide open with the bat.      ... he deserved it tho

Also, how do you propose I identify if the intruder presents for robbery or home-invasion? Should I scream from behind the closed door, or should I answer the door first, and then scream?
And, if it is a home-invasion, should I first ask him in a polite and civil manner if and what he is armed with before deciding if deadly force defense is meritted? And, should I study his pupil dilation to determine if he's providing me an honest answer?
if someone rings several times try to answer it and if they break in and theey dont have a gun on them give them some sort of warning to leave and if they dont them fire on them and injure them enough so they become handicapped and if they present some danger to you then kill them.   the idea is to use as little force as possible and to try and prevent the situation from happening in the first place.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
tbombz,

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read on getbig.

hahahahah wtf???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
tbombz,

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read on getbig.

hahahahah wtf???
using as little force as possible? trying to prevent bad things from happening?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

You're an idiot...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Your brain is shot! 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

i don't necessarily disagree...

unfortunately in canada manslaughter charges have been laid in similar cases (or assault charges assuming the robber doesn't die)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
More details... I want to find the 911 recording...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/georgia-mom-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder/story?id=18164812#.UO1chG9EFEI

Georgia Mom Shoots Home Invader, Hiding With Her Children

Georgia Home Invasion 911 Call: 'She's Shooting Him'

More Sharing ServicesShare
Share on facebook_likeEmail
68 Comments
Print
Text Size-/+
By ROBIN REESE
ATLANTA, Jan. 8, 2013
A mother of two has been hailed a hero by her husband after she shot an intruder in their Loganville, Ga., home last Friday afternoon.

"She protected the kids. She did what she was supposed to do as a responsible, prepared gun owner," said her husband, Donnie Herman, in an interview with ABC's Atlanta affiliate WSB-TV.

According to Herman and the Walton County Sheriff's Office incident report, Melinda Herman was working at home when a man began to ring the doorbell. She called her husband at work, who told her to gather their 9-year-old twins, a boy and a girl, and go hide. All three of them went to an upstairs crawl space, and Melinda brought along a .38 caliber handgun to the hiding place.

Her husband, meanwhile, called the police. In the 911 recording, Herman can be heard saying, "She shot him. She's shooting him, she's shooting him. Shoot him again."

ABC News
A mother of two has been hailed a hero by her... View Full Size

Georgia Mom Shoots Home Invader 5 Times Watch Video

Grandmother Chases Off Naked Intruder Watch Video

Teen Mom Kills Home Intruder Watch Video
"I heard him pleading," her husband said to the 911 operator. "He was screaming."

The man allegedly broke into the house and rummaged around before making his way to the crawl space, where he found the mother and children hiding.

"The perpetrator opens that door, and of course at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," said Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman to WSB-TV.

Melinda Herman shot the intruder five times, hitting him in the face and neck. Chapman said she told the man if he moved she would shoot him again, although she had run out of bullets.

"The guy is [heard] telling her to quit shooting," said Chapman.

The intruder, who police identified as 32-year-old Paul Slater, managed to get to his car and as he tried to flee, crashed into a tree. Deputies later found him in a neighbor's yard.

Melinda Herman and her children, in the meantime, had sought refuge in a neighbor's home.

"Her life is saved and our kids lives are saved. And that's all I can say," said Donnie Herman.

Slater is currently in the Gwinnett Medical Center, receiving treatment for his injuries, which deputies described as serious. A family member told WSB-TV that Slater was on a ventilator and had endured puncture wounds to his lungs, liver and stomach.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

hmmm

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
a neat and similar story... with more to it... the 911 tape is chilling... cute baby

Montague

• Getbig V
it seems you have some trouble with reading comprehension my friend.

Then clarify your post I quoted, using very specific terms.
Because it is apparent that EVERYONE in this thread - from the loony libs to the right-wing gun-nutters - are having trouble comprehending your ludicrous rhetoric.

By your logic, the problem must be with all of us; not you.
 ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
your damn right the robber got the short end of the stick. now take that into account and stop criticising some media outlet for calling the woman trigger happy because she put 5 bullets in his head. thats trigger happy as fuck.
You act like the mother should have got the short end of the stick.

This guy broke into her house an for all she knew would kill them. Do you not understand that?

Montague

• Getbig V
if someone rings several times try to answer it and if they break in and theey dont have a gun on them give them some sort of warning to leave and if they dont them fire on them and injure them enough so they become handicapped and if they present some danger to you then kill them.   the idea is to use as little force as possible and to try and prevent the situation from happening in the first place.

Your "idea" is almost as reasonable and realistic as my over-the-top hyperbole above.
I used to find your "ideas" infuriating, but I rather enjoy reading them now - along with your retort. It's truly funnier than anything on TV. You and 240 should do a show together!

You act like the mother should have got the short end of the stick.

In this scenario, someone would have certainly gotten it. Unless you live in the make-believe, Utopian Ivory Tower that some of our posters occupy.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
regardless it appears that her actions were legal based on state/federal law...

kinda puts it to rest for me

Montague

• Getbig V
regardless it appears that her actions were legal based on state/federal law...

kinda puts it to rest for me

Were legalities the only/primary factor dictating your opinion concerning whether the mother was right or wrong?

How were your holidays, by the way?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

Were legalities the only/primary factor dictating your opinion concerning whether the mother was right or wrong?

How were your holidays, by the way?

i did keep bringing my rhetoric back to the foundation of my perspective which is the canadian legal system... in canada her actions would likely have been viewed at excessive and potentially criminal...

how would i side if i was on the jury? all things being equal i would vote to acquit... but i love watching tony meltdown (he really is a lot of fun)

my time off was awesome... new home gym is fully installed (used it last night and this morning)... new house is kick ass... i have a whole floor that i do not know what to do with

did you do anything with the famiglia montague?

Montague

• Getbig V
i did keep bringing my rhetoric back to the foundation of my perspective which is the canadian legal system... in canada her actions would likely have been viewed at excessive and potentially criminal...

how would i side if i was on the jury? all things being equal i would vote to acquit... but i love watching tony meltdown (he really is a lot of fun)

my time off was awesome... new home gym is fully installed (used it last night and this morning)... new house is kick ass... i have a whole floor that i do not know what to do with

did you do anything with the famiglia montague?

Tony is a genuinely good dude.
Holidays went fast. I worked extra and was on call all of Christmas week. Didn't get paged and saw my family a lot, but still couldn't drink. >:( The house pics look good, bro. But, I don't want to derail the thread. I'll catch you on the Nut board!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
it ain't pretty.  but it's legal.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

In an interview with the Daily Times Herald in Caroll, Iowa, state Rep. Dan Muhlbauer said governments should start confiscating semi-automatic rifles and other firearms.

Muhlbauer, a Democrat from the western Iowa town of Manilla, is a cattleman and farmer. The newspaper reported that he owns a .410 shotgun, a .22 rifle and a .22 pistol.

“We cannot have big guns out here as far as the big guns that are out here, the semi-automatics and all of them,” Muhlbauer told the newspaper during a December 19 audiotaped interview. “We can’t have those running around out here. Those are not hunting weapons.”

Ads by GoogleEscape from America
6 Places to Protect and Grow Your Wealth as US Spirals Out of Control
www.Sovereign-Investor.comTop 10 Golf Swing Killers
These Faults Make It Impossible To Play Good Golf. Fix Yours (Free)...
www.RevolutionGolf.com
“We should ban those in Iowa,” he said, adding that such a ban should be applied retroactively.

“We need to get them off the streets — illegally — and even if you have them, I think we need to start taking them,” Muhlbauer told the Daily Times Herald. “We can’t have those out there. Because if they’re out there they’re just going to get circulated around to the wrong people. Those guns should not be in the public’s hands. There are just too many guns.”

The newspaper published excerpts from the interview Wednesday morning along with an audio recording of the full 15-minute interview.

“We have to change, and we have to get stricter and tougher with what we do,” Muhlbauer said.

Listen:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/iowa-lawmaker-calls-for-retroactive-gun-bans-confiscations-of-semi-automatic-weapons/#ixzz2HUd4zcsT

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Setting aside all the other idiocy, the pissing on the constitution etc

Haha this guy thinks that a .410 and a .22 are all you need to hunt with?