Author Topic: People who have become Muslim  (Read 135148 times)

stingray

• Getbig III
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »

28 New reverted Muslims from different nationalities participated in shahadah

In Masjid Ammar -Wan Chai, Hong Kong.

17 Philipinos, 1 Indian, 6 Chinese, 1 South African, and 3 Indonesian. May Allah bless our brothers and sisters who are doing the good work of Dawah........Aameen

Amazing.

They kill us on one side, we convert them on the other side.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »
Ahmed a you front or the back one   :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:04 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
Ahead of Iraq Deployment, 37 Korean Troops Convert to Islam

"I became a Muslim because I felt Islam was more humanistic and peaceful than other religions. And if you can religiously connect with the locals, I think it could be a big help in carrying out our peace reconstruction mission." So said on Friday those Korean soldiers who converted to Islam ahead of their late July deployment to the Kurdish city of Irbil in northern Iraq.

At noon Friday, 37 members of the Iraq-bound "Zaitun Unit," including Lieutenant Son Hyeon-ju of the Special Forces 11th Brigade, made their way to a mosque in Hannam-dong, Seoul and held a conversion ceremony.

Captain Son Jin-gu from Zaitoon Unit recites an oath at ceremony to mark his conversion to Islam at a mosque in Hannam-dong, Seoul on Friday. /Yonhap

The soldiers, who cleansed their entire bodies in accordance with Islamic tradition, made their conversion during the Friday group prayers at the mosque, with the assistance of the "imam," or prayer leader.

With the exception of the imam, all the Muslims and the Korean soldiers stood in a straight line to symbolize how all are equal before God and took a profession on faith.

They had memorized the Arabic confession, " Ashadu an La ilaha il Allah, Muhammad-ur-Rasool-Allah," which means, "I testify that there is no god but God (Arabic: Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger of God."
Soldiers from Zaitoon Unit pray after conversion ceremony at a mosque in Hannam-dong, Seoul on Friday./Yonhap

Moreover, as the faithful face the "Kaaba," the Islamic holy place in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, all Muslims confirm that they are brothers.

For those Korean soldiers who entered the Islamic faith, recent chances provided by the Zaitun Unit to come into contact with Islam proved decisive.

Taking into consideration the fact that most of the inhabitants of Irbil are Muslims, the unit sent its unreligious members to the Hannam-dong mosque so that they could come to understand Islam. Some of those who participated in the program were entranced by Islam and decided to convert.

A unit official said the soldiers were inspired by how important religious homogeneity was considered in the Muslim World; if you share religion, you are treated not as a foreigner, but as a local, and Muslims do not attack Muslim women even in war.

Zaitun Unit Corporal Paek Seong-uk (22) of the Army's 11th Division said, "I majored in Arabic in college and upon coming across the Quran, I had much interest in Islam, and I made up my mind to become a Muslim during this religious experience period [provided by the Zaitun Unit]."

He expressed his aspirations. "If we are sent to Iraq, I want to participate in religious ceremonies with the locals so that they can feel brotherly love and convince them that the Korean troops are not an army of occupation but a force deployed to provide humanitarian support."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
I reckon it would be good ahmed if you could also make your own website of people who have converted to islam.

Have you seen anything like that?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
I reckon it would be good ahmed if you could also make your own website of people who have converted to islam.

Have you seen anything like that?

yeah, but he would be using CHRISTIAN created technology to the max  ;D ;D ;D

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #307 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38:42 AM »
yeah, but he would be using CHRISTIAN created technology to the max  ;D ;D ;D

Did Jesus have technology?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #308 on: June 13, 2013, 09:28:47 AM »
yeah, but he would be using CHRISTIAN created technology to the max  ;D ;D ;D

Why do Christians use Arab numerals? Oh snap. Guess Arabs spread dat der evil binary and algebra. Can't have christian technology anymore I guess.  ::)

Unlike degenerate greedy europeans, Muslims gave credit to their improvements, discoveries and inventions, Europeans on the other  hand think they just 'reneassainced' their ass out of the dark ages. Oh wait dark ages is an invention of Christian Church technology.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »
Trinity was my lifeblood and Jesus God: Revert Alia

Amazing Journey of US based Sister Alia Madonna, who had a solid belief in Christianity and Trinity. She prayed only to Jesus. The belief was so solid that she started preparing to go to Afghanistan to do Christian missionary work. She was planning and Allah was planning as well, to guide her to straight path and Allah is the best planner. Read further to see how she was guided by Allah..............

My name is Alia Madonna. My story did not start out like so many others. I was not confused about my religion of Christianity. I had no aspect of it that did not add up or make sense to me. This was not a matter of seeking answers to questions. In fact, I was a girl of solid belief. The trinity was my lifeblood and Jesus was my savior.

My story starts in 2008 when I had decided I wanted to be a… Christian Missionary in Afghanistan. I was not sure how I was going to do it but I knew that is what God was calling me to do.
While trying to find sponsorship through an NGO or Christian organization to send me in for field work to Afghanistan, I also began to make Muslim friends online. I wanted to learn about them and connect with them on a human level.

My very first friend in Islam outside the US, is Kashmiri man. We would talk frequently and what I remember the most about him was that he was not seeking relationships with woman, he just wanted to be in the awe of God. At the time, knowing nothing about Islam, that was a pretty fascinating concept to me. And the politeness of this person struck me so oddly. We were instant friends. It baffled me for a while. I was going to Afghanistan to provide humanitarian aide to woman and orphans as a result of the Taliban’s destruction and here is this wonderful, humble Muslim man.
I knew something about my “knowledge” of Islam was wrong, I just did not know what. I continued making Muslim friends one by one and eventually fell in love with one of them. Due to cultural circumstances his parents would not allow our engagement to continue and I began to read Shariah to figure out why I was not good enough Islamically.

Shariah was my first really true blue introduction to Islam. I had heard nasty horrible things about the Islamic Laws. I found as I read them though, that the concepts were not offensive, oppressive, inhuman or any of the other misconceptions I had. I started changing my way of thinking, law by law. If I did not understand, I would ask questions and then research it again. 3 years before my actual conversion I had already embraced the ideas of the hijab and polygamy. These were things that made sense to me. I however, never breathed a word of my changing thoughts to anyone except my Muslim friends. I had a secret life…one that I had built all around me.

I still held firm to my Christian ideals for most of the 3 ½ years leading to my conversion. I would yell and argue with my Muslim friends. I tried to convert them. My main struggle that they were not able to help me with is how Jesus was not God. Nothing in their doctrine that was presented to me reflected any believable proofs to me. But then something was happening that I started paying attention to…the revolutions in Egypt.

My best friend at the time was involved in the protests and is from Cairo. He sent me videos of him being shot at, pics after being tear gassed. I lost my fear of freedom fighters. I embraced the issues in Palestine, I recognized the problems from Israel, and the lies of the country that I call home. That was really the moving point for me in my conversion. It was not really a spiritual transition to begin with…it was political. The more I realized about what I had been told to believe was wrong, the more I started waking up to the fact that we are sheep. And I realized that Islamaphobia was engineered and why would that be? Why would my country make me believe they were bad? I spent the 4 months leading up to my conversion and the 3 months after, in tears because I did not know what was right anymore. My reality had been stripped and I was bare with confusion.

I was asked in July of 2012 to embrace Islam, by a brother. For 4 days I struggled with the decision. I had not yet been able to concisely understand that Jesus was not God. I did know however that God was pulling me toward Islam. 3 1/2 years prior he had written Islam on my heart and everything changed constantly. It was never about my converting Muslims. I knew that in the end. I never stopped looking at Islam in those 3 ½ years.

In that time, I converted a man to Christianity from what many would call agnostic. 3 weeks later I married that man. I stopped going to church. I cried because I did not know if I was angering God for discontinuing to pray to Jesus. I was just so confused. Nothing I did made much sense. On 7/16/12, I was sitting at my desk at work, 4 days after my brother asked me to embrace Islam and I had a conversation with myself…weird right? LOL

Alia…What do you want from God? To fall in love with God. Do you believe Islam is the true way? I believe it is. Do you believe Jesus is the son of God? I don’t know.

See I never knew an existence of God. I always prayed by way of Jesus, I was in love with Jesus. So a relationship with God was foreign to me. I knew I did not fulfill the belief of the 1st Pillar of Islam. which is God is One. But I decided to take a step in faith toward Islam anyway. I took my Shahada. I said the words that made me so uncomfortable. I knew that was not the way, but something inside me know, Allah would make me understand.

For months I cried because I still did not know if Allah was angry for me turning from Christ. I was scared all the time. The words of my family, friends, and husband only made things worse because they were always telling me things like, I was brainwashed, I am going to hell, I cant think on my own. Other things I prefer not to say. I knew I did not have the most important knowledge, but I knew Allah would make me understand in his time.

I have a Muslim friend, who I tell everything to. He recognized why I was having such a difficult time in my conversion. He sits with me and makes me study. He makes sure I read the Qur’an. We have many discussions. He realized it was because I had not fully let go of the notion of Jesus the Christ. He started giving me Surah’s that addressed this and having me watch videos on YouTube that addressed this. And through his efforts, I was able to fully let go of the notion that Jesus is Lord. He is not. There is only One God, and he alone should be worshiped, Allah. My reversion was competed sometime in early December of 2012.

My Journey out of Christianity and straight into the heart of Allah was a hard one and I would do it again a million times over. The peace Islam has brought to me…no one can ever take that.

Sister Alia is now doing Dawah activities and taking part in spreading the true message of peace and humanity to those who have misconceptions about Islam. She also has Facebook page, please do visit and like the page.  https://www.facebook.com/OneUmmahWorldwide

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »

Amazing story of brother Eamon Bradley from Ireland, who reverted to Islam. Indeed if Allah wills he can guide anyone the way he wants. Brother Eamon reverted to Islam on his own without meeting a single Muslim brother or sister, but from YouTube videos and reading online Qur'an. Read further how Islam helped him to mend his ways.

Read Full story at: http://revert2islamtoday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/journey-of-irish-brother-eamon-bradley.html

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »

Brother Mike Conley accepted Islam Last week.

Amazing Journey of a family to Islam. US based Mike Conley was born in a Christian family. Mike's wife reverted to Islam which made him Upset and angry. After reading the Qur'an Mike has left his old ways and has accepted Islam and its right path.

For Full story visit: http://revert2islamtoday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/mike-conley-and-his-wife-revert-to-islam.html

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2013, 03:04:41 PM »
a_ahmed why do you guys say "revert" instead of "convert?"
R

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
a_ahmed why do you guys say "revert" instead of "convert?"

Because unlike in Christianity we believe everyone is born pure, not born of sin. Born in a state of fitra, meaning purity, in obedience and submission to God. Thus, by definition everyone submits to God and is born a Muslim, but it is their parents and environment that overtime corrupts them and turns them away from God. So reverting means returning to that state of submission to God. Our natural inclination to seek out God, to recognize God and to worship God.

Also when one embraces Islam, they start anew, just as if they are just born. All their past sins are erased and they start a clean slate just like a baby.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #315 on: June 20, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »
And then they blow someone up....  >:(

I see you're pretty ignorant. Moving along.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
Because unlike in Christianity we believe everyone is born pure, not born of sin. Born in a state of fitra, meaning purity, in obedience and submission to God. Thus, by definition everyone submits to God and is born a Muslim, but it is their parents and environment that overtime corrupts them and turns them away from God. So reverting means returning to that state of submission to God.

You know, I call things as I see them. So when I see someone requiring my "submission" I call that person delusion. When I see someone requiring my "worship" I call that person insecure. And when I see something threaten me with pain if I don't comply with their demands I call that person a bully.

So your god, if he existed, is a god that demands my submission and worship and I better submit and worship or else... Your god, if he existed, is an insecure, delusional bully. And at least, in that sense, your God is indistinguishable from the one of your Christian brothers and sisters.

Our natural inclination to seek out God, to recognize God and to worship God.

Nonsense. Do you have verifiable proof for this extraordinary assertion? Your grimoire doesn't apply.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2013, 11:15:46 AM »

Read full story at: http://revert2islamtoday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/mathematician-who-challenged-quran.html

Dr Gary Miller (Now Dr Abdul Ahad) was a very active missionary and was very knowledgeable about the Bible. This man likes mathematics so much, that's why he likes logic. One day, he decided to read the Qur'an to try to find any mistakes that he might take advantage of while inviting Muslims to convert to Christianity. He expected the Qur'an to be an old book written 14 centuries ago, a book that talks about the desert and so on. He was amazed from what he found.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
Dr Gary Miller (Now Dr Abdul Ahad) was a very active missionary and was very knowledgeable about the Bible. This man likes mathematics so much, that's why he likes logic. One day, he decided to read the Qur'an to try to find any mistakes that he might take advantage of while inviting Muslims to convert to Christianity. He expected the Qur'an to be an old book written 14 centuries ago, a book that talks about the desert and so on. He was amazed from what he found.

If he likes logic, he must have been amazed at the many illogical and unscientific statements in the Qur'an. One of my personal favorites is from Surah 86, which has this to say about man: "He is created from a gushing fluid that issued from between the loins and ribs."

Really? So man is created from sperm alone instead of sperm and an ovum, and the sperm is produced somewhere other than the testicles? What kind of nonsense is that? But hey, let's not rush to judgement. After all, Allah created so many things and maybe he mixed up his anatomy notes when dictating the Qur'an. Or maybe the connection with  Muhammad had a lot of static because of solar flares and the wrong thing got transcribed there.

Either way, that's a very clear, very obvious mistake - one of many. And if Dr. Mill... excuse me "Dr. Ahad" failed to spot those mistakes, something tells me he didn't read into it too carefully.

But even if he had, so what? What does a degree in mathematics have to do with religious belief and the evaluation of religious texts? Nothing really, but hey. We don't have to let that stop us. So the thrust of the "argument" here is that this very logical and careful man examined the Qur'an and found it divinely inspired and that one should believe his analysis because of his credentials in mathematics. That's a tricky argument to make; after all I have a degree in mathematics and I've read the Qur'an. I find it idiotic. Now what?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #319 on: June 27, 2013, 08:59:43 AM »

Amazing story of Sister Laura Jaffal and how she reverted to Islam four years ago. She did not have anybody to guide her rather she herself picked up a translation of Quran and studied it to discover Islam and Masha Allah today she is a observing Hijabi Muslimah sister. Read her journey in her own words

http://revert2islamtoday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/journey-to-islam-laura-jaffal.html

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
If he likes logic, he must have been amazed at the many illogical and unscientific statements in the Qur'an. One of my personal favorites is from Surah 86, which has this to say about man: "He is created from a gushing fluid that issued from between the loins and ribs."

Really? So man is created from sperm alone instead of sperm and an ovum, and the sperm is produced somewhere other than the testicles? What kind of nonsense is that? But hey, let's not rush to judgement. After all, Allah created so many things and maybe he mixed up his anatomy notes when dictating the Qur'an. Or maybe the connection with  Muhammad had a lot of static because of solar flares and the wrong thing got transcribed there.

Either way, that's a very clear, very obvious mistake - one of many. And if Dr. Mill... excuse me "Dr. Ahad" failed to spot those mistakes, something tells me he didn't read into it too carefully.

But even if he had, so what? What does a degree in mathematics have to do with religious belief and the evaluation of religious texts? Nothing really, but hey. We don't have to let that stop us. So the thrust of the "argument" here is that this very logical and careful man examined the Qur'an and found it divinely inspired and that one should believe his analysis because of his credentials in mathematics. That's a tricky argument to make; after all I have a degree in mathematics and I've read the Qur'an. I find it idiotic. Now what?

It's the old appeal to authority.  Creationists do it all the time.  My theory is the good Dr. Miller is secretly a closet case, like most Muslim males.
A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #321 on: June 29, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #322 on: June 29, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »

Probably gay and trying to hide it.
A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
Because unlike in Christianity we believe everyone is born pure, not born of sin. Born in a state of fitra, meaning purity, in obedience and submission to God. Thus, by definition everyone submits to God and is born a Muslim, but it is their parents and environment that overtime corrupts them and turns them away from God. So reverting means returning to that state of submission to God. Our natural inclination to seek out God, to recognize God and to worship God.

Also when one embraces Islam, they start anew, just as if they are just born. All their past sins are erased and they start a clean slate just like a baby.

Interesting.  So then does that mean they have salvation and will go to heaven when they die?  Or is it a matter of continued submission or ritual re: the prayers 5x/day etc?   
R