Author Topic: People who have become Muslim  (Read 134827 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2013, 01:10:53 PM »
The difference is I am not trying to sugarcoat a belief, I am saying it plainly while you are saying the exact same thing as what I said except with extra sugar on top.

You contradict yourself that's the problem. I just summarized what you are trying to say.

The difference between what I believe and what you believe.

I believe:
-----------
-We go to heaven by God's mercy. Do you think you can repay God for even your eye? No.
-Islam teaches JUSTICE, so people will be held accountable for their deeds. Rewarded for good and punished for evil.
-Those that believe in the oneness of God and do not ascribe partners to God will all ultimately go to heaven. Those that arrogantly denounce God or ascribed partners to God will dwell in hell forever.
-Everyone will be judged justly according to their means, status and knowledge so no one will be unfairly treated or be able to say I was unfairly judged. Everyone has a chance and God is not unjust.
-God does not need human sacrifice or any other sacrifice to forgive. He accepts forgiveness of those that are sincere and repentant.
-Everyone is born pure into this world but can be corrupted. Hence the need for guidance.

You believe:
--------------
-God committed suicide because of men's sins in order to 'save mankind'
-Everyone is born with original sin
-God came in human form as Jesus a man, while God is in three persons but still one
-You go to heaven if you accept the above and you go to hell if you reject the above
-Deeds don't matter but to be somewhat sound you should do good because Jesus was good and did good deeds hence being in 'spirit of good', you have the 'holy spirit dwelling in you and guiding you to good' but hey deeds still don't matter and you still go to heaven for worshipping Jesus/trintiy/a man-god.
It's all good ahmed, I've already made my choice for Christ.

That said, I'm currently reading the Quran and have just finished by 2nd book on Islam.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »
Anyways back on topic you guys derail the thread unecessarily should have started a new thread

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »

Yvonne K. Seon holds a doctor's in Divinity and was the first African American woman ordained minister for the Unitarian Church. She explains her story of how she came to Islam.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »
You are the one that asked why would an all knowing being require such and such. So then when you get a response you turn around oh it's all baseless because you are making a premise that there is a God/Creator.

Yes, I did ask. But the problem is that you think that "you don't question God you puny human!" is an answer.

Cynical much? You ask a question you get an answer then despite your rhetorical question (as an atheist) you turn into a further arrogant cynic.

No - my question wasn't rhetorical (that term means something very different). I objected to you "answering" the question by saying "God created you, so don't you dare question him. Who are you to question your creator? Do as you're told." I'm sorry but that's no answer at all.

Will not waste further time or bother more responding to a troll that's derailing this thread. Have a nice life, the grave awaits us all. Be ready for it.

The grave does await us all - it's our ultimate destination. But, ironically, there's nothing to be ready for or look forward to. Once you die, you die. You may find the concept terrifying and hide behind fairy tales about eternal life in a spirit-land of milk and honey where everything will be wonderful. But don't act as if that is anything other than make believe on your part.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #354 on: July 03, 2013, 07:50:47 PM »
Guys create your own separate frickin thread this thread is about people who became Muslim.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
A Norwegian family converted to Islam first day of ‪#‎Ramadan‬, when they were on holiday in Turkey.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
A Norwegian family converted to Islam first day of ‪#‎Ramadan‬, when they were on holiday in Turkey.

Which only goes to prove that there will never be a shortage of "stupid".

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: July 16, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »
Thanks, I found it ridiculously amusing too. The stuff you can find on the Internet! ;D

Ayn Rand (whom I don't particularly care for as a writer) said it best, in this excerpt from John Galt's speech; the emphasis is mine:

This text perfectly describes how I view original sin. I'd be curious to see what you think about it.

Do you think it's reasonable for God to measure you using divine standards, despite the fact that he created you with a proclivity to sin? That's like saying to a group of midgets that they failed to qualify as humans because they aren't at least 5'5" and that they were born with a proclivity to be normal height so it's their fault.

Do you think it's reasonable for God to even bother measuring you when according to the Bible he already knows the outcome of all the measuring already? What's the point in the measuring if the answer is already known and the outcome of the game has been decided? Whether you know the outcome isn't relevant.

I see no evidence anywhere in the Bible for this assertion. Perhaps your particular brand or flavor of Christianity believes that, but I don't think you can justify this biblically.

Why would God be angry when he knew, in advance, absolutely everything that would happen? And why create us "broken" if we would only anger him? The notion that God created us, and we somehow fell short making him angry must mean that either he messed up in the making or he didn't just likes being angry.

But why was this act required in the first place? Why did God need to make the wages of sin death to begin with? And why not "unmake" it and say "we good bros!". Look at it from an outsider's perspective for a second: God says the price of any sin is death. None of the creatures he created are above sin. Therefore, all his creatures must be put to death. But he loves those creatures so much that he can't allow that. So instead of using his amazing powers, he decides that must sacrifice himself to himself to enforce the rule that he created. In doing so, h will appease himself and satisfy the requirement that he imposed. And therefore he will, somehow, save his beloved creatures for a wonderful afterlife...

That's not just irrational. That's INSANE.

No. That's not what he did. If he wanted to say all is forgiven, he could have done so with no strings attached. A free boat isn't free if I must struggle through a weekend of hell surrounded by people trying to sell me timeshares - the cost of the boat is my weekend and my sanity.

Thanks - I do appreciate the time, and your willingness to talk even when we don't see eye to eye and you know that you are almost certainly not going to convince me. I really do find this conversation interesting, and wouldn't mind continuing it, but  in a different thread; let's not step all over Ahmed's thread here.

P.S.: Sorry for side-tracking the thread slightly Ahmed. That's the risk you take in a public forum.

Hey avxo, I apologize I haven’t had the ability to do much in depth responding in a couple of weeks now.  Been very busy with work projects….we have new leadership and they want a sample of EVERYTHING LOL!!  I’ve only had the time to pop in and out of Getbig for a bit here and there.  I’ll respond more later on.

Plus, when I do respond later on I'll break out the unrelated discussions within this thread into a new thread.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #358 on: July 16, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »

Background to me

My name is Layla-Amaya and my birth name is Bianca. I embraced Islam when I was 16 years old mashaAllah tabarakAllah. I have been Muslim for 5 years which has flown by. I can’t believe 5 years subhanAllah it has gone so fast. I came to Islam as I firmly believed it was the truth from a young age. But growing up things became clear and I couldn’t run away from believing.

Part 1 – Interested in Islam

I was showing an interest in Islam, as far as I can remember when I was 6 years old MashaAllah. I use to put a scarf on my head and show my mum that I was Muslim. I actually really wanted to cover my hair. I had an obsession with scarfs and whenever I could at home I would put a scarf on and long clothes to cover up my body mashaAllah. There was a children’s madrasa across the road from my house. The children went every weekday for about 2 hours. I always wanted to attend and see what was inside the room all the children went into. All I could see from the doorstep that they left their shoes in the porch. The widows were always open and I could hear the children reading the Qur’an. I use to stand by the fence and listen… aaah subhanAllah it was so beautiful. I didn’t know what they were reading all what language it was, especially in the summer when it was hot and I could hear the reciting and the cool breeze against my face aah I remember that like it was yesterday. One of the things I would never forget I must have been about 7. I was on the number 6 bus on Stratford road by the park. I was sitting at the back of the bus after school. There was a Muslim women sitting next to me she was covered from head to toe in black wearing a niqab. I looked her up and down and I wanted her to be my mum in that instance. I didn’t want to leave I wanted to go home with her. My mum called me Bianca it was our stop to get off the bus. I didn’t move from my seat I sat looking at the covered women. She turned to me and said is that you, I nodded, it was like I couldn’t talk still looking at her. I then left to go get off the bus with my mum.

Growing up in the area that I did it was literally all Muslims but I did not know anything about Islam! My family didn’t know anything either. Mainly because I went to a Roman Catholic primary school and they didn’t teach us about other religions. The Catholics are very strict with their religion I would say. Every Wednesday we had hymn practise and every Thursday we had Mass service. We would do Bible study every day, say our prayers when starting the school day, before lunch and when leaving school. I didn’t take my Holy Communion at school so I never got to the taste the bread that ‘father’ use to give out even though I always wanted to have a taste of it. I had to cross my arms and he would put the sign of the cross on my head in ashes.

Part 2 - Moving on to secondary school

I was more into Islam when I started secondary school. Alhamdulillaah started religious education classes in year 7 and from there I didn’t look back. For the first time I was learning about what I always had a yearning for but I didn’t know what it was at the same time for all the years growing up.

One day after school my friend invited me over to her house, I was 12 years old when I started to go to her house after school. Her auntie at that time taught Qur’an to children. I was allowed to come. She showed me how to do Wudu and I put a scarf on with my school uniform. I went with her into her living room I was scared because there were others in the room mainly younger than me. Her auntie taught me some letters from the Arabic alphabet. I was so happy for few days after that I could read some letters that just put a big smile on my face. One occasion I was at the same friend house in the night it was Ramadan. I broke my fast with her family. We were sitting in the garden together her mom came outside and said to me. ‘Bianca you would make a good Muslim’ I was like wow it was my 1st fast that I had done. After that I would regularly go to her house after school, sometimes spent Eid with them.

Thinking about it, it was when I was 13 that I started to read books in the library and take them home and hide them under my pillow. I made so many notes in books. It was like I had a new love in my life. Every day I had to read something.

I would go into Town into Waterstones and read the Qur’an. I was so shocked when I saw the Qur’an in Waterstones I never knew you could buy a translation in the shop. I thought it was only in Islamic shops. I remember being in the car with my mom and every time we passed a Islamic shop I would look inside I really wished I could go inside and speak to someone.

My mum always knew that I wanted to embrace Islam but I feel she was trying her hardest to put me off Allahu alim. Whatever she said I wouldn’t take notice off I knew how she described Islam wasn’t true. From the age of 14 I told my mum firmly I wanted to become Muslim, I started to leave books and leaflets around the house hoping she would read them. Only once did she mention anything about but she didn’t want to carry the conversation on. I had a bigggg desire to become Muslim at 14. I thought well I could live like one eat halal meat, go the masjid, go to classes, wear hijab but what would be the point as I might as well accept the faith altogether. I didn’t really think much about it after that. We had moved to a new area, I started chilling out late at night without my mum knowing. She would go to bed and I would sneak out for a few hours. Literally I would have my pyjamas on and clothes that I was going to wear in a bag. I had to pass my mums bedroom to go down the stairs and change my clothes. My heart would be racing so fast whilst I would be passing her bedroom scared if she woke up and saw me. I would fling the bag in the bushes and go and meet my ‘mates’ for a ‘night of fun.’ I was nearly caught once, I came back home about half 5 in the morning. I was a bit tipsy I got into bed with my clothes on. Just as I was laying in bed, my mum opened my bedroom door and told me to turn the TV off. I thought close call if she knew where I was she would be mad really mad. Believe me when Black parents beat their kids it’s like a horror scene. As my mum use to say when me and my siblings were growing up and we did something naughty ‘You will leave my house in a black body bag’ me and my big sister Jade still laugh about that with my mum.

I was 15 nearly 16 when someone tried to take advantage of me as they has seen me out nearly every night. I knew then I had to run away from the road I was going to take myself down, a road of destruction by mixing with the wrong crowds. After that I never went back out late again. I changed my number I didn’t want to hear from the people I was chilling with. I stayed at home after school and on the weekends I would stay with my dad in his area so they wouldn’t see me around by my mum’s house. My dad said to me ‘are you using me and your mum against each other’ I had to laugh because deep down I knew he was right. Before I decided to change I would tell my mum I was going to be with my dad for the weekend or the night. As they don’t speak to each other I knew I could get away with it as there was no one to confirm the details apart from me. After all my late night’s out I knew the only thing left was for me to become Muslim like ASAP.

To be honest I didn’t know becoming Muslim would be so hard. No one wanted to help me seriously I contacted so many organisations telling them I want to become Muslim all I need is support no one got back to me or they didn’t want to know. I actually contacted someone on Youtube who lived in America a sister. I asked her for help. I remember her reply to me was so mean. She said something like becoming Muslim isn’t a magic potion that you say. I was disheartened. I watched videos again on again on Youtube on people reverting and then I saw a video by a sister explaining that if a person really wants to become a Muslim they should go to the masjid and grab anyone they see and tell them they want to become Muslim. So then I had a challenged to go to a masjid and tell them I want to accept Islam. But I was so scared I didn’t want to go by myself and I didn’t want no one else I knew knowing either. So I was stuck. I really wanted to tell my friend whose house I have been going to for the past few years. In the end I found a website through Google called MuslimIn. The website is for people who are interested in Islam, reverts and Muslims that can help other Muslim in any way possible. I decided to register and give things ago. SubhanAllah a lot of people where emailing me showing so much support. Some sisters where really far away so we didn’t keep in contact after a few emails. Far as Africa one sister emailed me subhanAllah. Till this day I have her emails. MashaAllah she was a beautiful sister just from her words alone I felt uplifted that someone was listening to my cries. Then in the end a sister called Ameena that moved to Birmingham got in contact with me. Yess! The lifeline I was waiting for. We swapped numbers and spoke for about a week, then after I didn’t hear anything from her. I thought ok I will find someone else to help me I was on a mission that I would become Muslim soon. How crazy is it that I went back onto the website and I emailed someone I genially thought it was woman. subhanAllah it turned out to be sister Ameena’s husband. I basically said I want to become Muslim and no one is helping me.

He emails me back. He explains that Ameena has gone to visit family and will be back in two weeks. And he can pass my number on to a sister that can help me. After that I was so blown away that out of all the people from the website, I contacted her husband. He stood by his word and a few days later I had a lovely phone call from a lovely sister mashaAllah. Just speaking to this sister on the phone she was full of life she gave me hope. We arranged for me to take my shahada the following Friday.

Part 3 – The week leading up to my Shahada.

In school I didn’t tell anyone that I wanted to become Muslim. I was so excited but nervous at the same time. I was sitting at the end of my bed thinking OMG I’m going to be a Muslim in two days ooh the excitement this is what I have been waiting for my whole life it is going to become a reality. The day before accepting Islam I was in a reversion lesson for my GCSE Islam exam I asked the teacher a question on what happens when a person says there shahada. She wanted to know why I asked so I told her I am going to become Muslim tomorrow! She was happy for me as she was Muslim herself there was only a few students in the class so I didn’t mind them knowing. The day of my shahada I didn’t go to school. I went out with my mom and sister all day I was watching the time as I knew I had to be home by 3 o’clock to get ready. I remember sister Ameena telling me to have a bath before coming. That was the day I told my mum I am going to become Muslim. She said no you’re not we haven’t spoken about it properly. I didn’t care I asked for the key to the house and I’m going home. On my way home on the bus I was feeling very panicky. I was planning through in my head what I need to do soon as I get home. I was worried in case my mum would come home and stop me from going out. Alhamdulillaah I managed to get ready and I left my house in hijab hoping that everything would go to plan and inshaAllah I would return as a Muslim wearing hijab. That happened.
So before going to take my shahada I went to sister Ameena house. She was excited as I was. She invited a few sisters round for some nibbles and to have a general chat. In the evening we left Ameena’s house about half 6 to travel to Small Heath where I would be taking my shahada. I didn’t know exactly where I would be going in Small Heath I was told it was a Islamic centre. Going inside through the doors seeing loads of children didn’t really know anyone I felt a bit intimated. I was taken into a room Ameena sat next to me. And 4 other sisters where present whilst I took my shahada. I said my shahada alhamdulillaah! I did have to repeat some words think my penoucation was off key. It literally takes a minute to say the words on the tongue and mean it in your heart. The sister I took my shahada with who I still speak to till this day gave me two lovely hijabs, a bonnet and pins. Aw I remember one sister asked me to make du’aa I didn’t even know what du’aa was. I said no I don’t want to as I was feeling so shy plus I didn’t know what to say. The sister’s present made du’aa for me. After we left the room and went into a sister’s Dhikr gathering. Something which I’ve never seen before or heard about. The room was full I was sitting at the back with Ameena and another sister I met that same night. I thought what they were doing was so heart-warming. I was trying to keep up with the translitlation in reading Qur’an but I couldn’t. After the gathering I was introduced to loads of beautiful sister’s mashaAllah one of them is my lovely Zahra who’s known me since the day I reverted and I love her loads amazing sister right there mashaAllah. I have to say whenever I need advice; need any questions answering she does her best to help.

May Allah reward you immensely sis! May grant you Jannah, Jannah al firdous! Aameen.

Part 4 – My life as a Muslim the first year

Wallahi I didn’t know becoming Muslim would be so hard trying to find people to help me revert but what I was about to face in front of me the trails and hardship I went through subhanAllah I was not expecting that but al Hamd is for Allah and after hardship comes ease. It was tough because I was a new Muslim and then family issues. After a few months I left home I was living with my sister for about 6 months. But we didn’t get on living together I felt like a stranger in someone else’s home. I didn’t want to sleep in the same room with her so I slept on the sofa which was comfortable. I tried not to make much mess or eat much food as I didn’t want to be a burden on her. I got so depressed there my Deen suffered as I wasn’t active in seeking knowledge or I didn’t know how to pray. One day I woke up and I wanted to change the situation. I brought a DVD on how to pray. I’m sure most Muslims have watched the video on Youtube ‘pray as you have seen me pray’ I practically learnt from there with some input from other sisters. I would say a line of Soorah al Fatiha every day. I left my sister’s house as I couldn’t practise there and moved into a hostel. I thought that was the best option for me, allows me time to grow and stand on my own two feet. I moved in at first I didn’t know how I would cope by myself but with Allah on my side I could do it. I didn’t speak to my sister or mum for over a week. One night my mum rings me she tells me she misses me and am I ok? The next evening I went to see my mum and older brother at my sisters. Mother was so happy to see me she told me I look well and happy J

So my family issues where starting to sort itself out. Everyone was happy we all had our space to breath. I was doing fine in the hostel for all girls. I was still going to college and seeing my family regularly. It was time for me to concentrate on Islam. I taught myself how to pray but I wasn’t praying. I knew I needed to get that on lock ASAP but it was so hard praying 5 times a day. Sometimes I would miss all 5 prayers a day sometimes I would pray all 5 and other times I would do some prayers. I was on and off for quite a while with my salah’s. I was attending this new Muslim course which I later on found out it was run by Shia’a. The brother would give a certificate for finishing the booklets. Sisters you should be careful these brother stand in town pretending to be on the Sunnah. If you’re a new Muslim you won’t know any better and attend their classes. Like what I did I was in town on a Saturday afternoon I wasn’t wearing hijab. He thought I was a non-Muslim I told him I’ve been Muslim for a few weeks now. They tell you stuff like it’s a class and you will learn about Islam. SubhanAllah you go to their masjid they don’t have any proper Islamic classes running as they said in town. As I thought it would be a class with other sisters. No! Allahu Must’aan it’s a brother in a room in his office with sisters on their own. I thought it was so weird at first so after the first time I didn’t go back. The brother emails me explaining that his daughter will be present next time. I went again it was a little girl about 3 years old not his oldest daughter which at the time was 15. After that I didn’t go back and he said I could do the course online. May Allah keep us away from the evil they spread amongst the Muslims. Btw I know all Shia’s are not all like this but even so be careful inshaAllah.

I was asked by one of my sisters in Islam Muslimah Ruqayyah to have an update of my Muslim life now. I told this sister I wouldn’t know where to start. It has been up and down highs and lows. I couldn’t sum up the past year in words to be honest. But inshaAllah I will give it a go.

Ok I will start from Jan - May 2011. I was finishing of my 2nd year at college I did Health and Social Care. The college I went to was just outside Birmingham there were no Muslims in my class or not that many in my college to be precise. I hanged around with non-Muslims girls. I changed somewhat then for a few months. The more I chilled with them the more my heart was influenced to there thinking. I didn’t want to wear hijab, I didn’t go to the masjid every weekend how I use to do for my Islamic classes. Basically I stopped practising I really wanted to get back how I use to be but it was so hard. I was actually appalled at myself one tutor in college asked me.. ‘Are you confused Bianca.’ I said No why? She said ‘I see you were wearing your Muslim clothes a few weeks ago and now you’re not.’ She told me to have a break from the religion because it is too strict to follow and follow it in a few years. You’re a young girl you don’t need to wrap your body up like that. She reminded me of my mum when she said that as my mum would say something like it. I finished college in June 2011 and I made a promise that I would never do something like that again. O Allah help all the Muslims to stay on the siratul mustaqeem You alone we serve. Anyone thinking about becoming a Muslim I will tell you straight up the guidance of Allah will set you free. Soon as you accept Islam as the true religion you want to follow, you will feel a big weight coming of your shoulders. Welcome to the religion of love and peace, welcome to the light, welcome to beauty, welcome to happiness xxx

They say I’ve changed, they say Bianca you’ve changed. I didn’t expect you to still be Muslim. I thought you became Muslim for a boy or you was forced. Years later they see me after leaving school and there shocked I’ve stayed true to my Deen. They tell me I’m a better Muslim then themselves. No only Allah knows what is in our hearts.

Sometimes I run away with my thoughts thinking about all the poor people living in poverty, the opposed my brothers and sisters in Deen ul Islam my eyes filled up with tears my heart breaking for them. Ya rabb! I just want to be free like the birds go wherever I like.

My life was negative. Islam gave me a reason to live. I now can see clearly the rain has gone, the pain of yesterday is still there but I’m strong enough to move on and keep my head high. I am a Muslim just one of many bani Aadam (alayhisalaam). What Allah has planned for my life is better than my dreams. I now walk with la ilaha illAllah moist on my tongue. I’ve swapped night outs for qiyam al layl, tight clothes for hijabs and jilbaabs, drinking alcohol for apple juice, not having a boyfriend waiting till I complete half my deen; nikah inshaAllah. You see Islam really does change a person for the better. Why would anyone in their right mind want their sister, daughter or even mother out late at night getting drunk and up to God knows what.

Message to my Mum… Mum always wanted to say.. I love you loads and loads millions and trillions. Alhamdulillaah for a mother like you. I would love to be half the woman you are. I am so happy being a Muslim and there isn’t any think else I want to be. I know you think you lost your daughter by Allah you’ve gained a new me. A better daughter than before, Islam teaches me to respect you, to obey you, not even to say UFF too you as I don’t want to anger Allah. Paradise is at your feet if you could see how beautiful Islam is your heart would melt. Please don’t watch what all these Muslims of today are doing including me as I’m a sinner of the Most Merciful. The Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him was the perfect example sent to mankind if you want to see the true Islam look into his life and his companions and read the Qur’an. InshaAllah you will find all the answers I can’t answer as I’m not at that stage yet. Please even if you read one chapter from the Qur’an that would make me so happy. As I know you said you believe in the Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him. O Allah help me to love my mother like she loves me.

Message to my sisters in Islam… Sisters I love you all fisabilillah. I don’t get to speak to you all but I sincerely pray that Allah blesses you all with good in the Dunya wa Akhirah. This life is temporary while Jannah is forever and inshaAllah we will be able to enter through any door we wish. May Allah azzawajal raise our ranks and let us be with our beloved messenger Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam in Jannah.
Let’s us all strive to be better Muslimah’s daily, take baby steps wallahi you will get to your goal. And if you hear that I have passed away please attend my janaza and make du’aa for me. I’m going to leave you with one of my favourite ayats from the Qur’an.

Say ‘O ‘ibaadi (my slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins) Despair not of the mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Soorah Az-Zumar Ayat 53

Waalaykumsalaam Layla-Amaya X

Ya Allah accept all of our good deeds and keep us away from the hellfire. YaAllah strengthen the Ummah of Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #359 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »

BRITISH SOLDIER CONVERTS TO ISLAM.

Successful indeed are the believers (23:1)

I remember at the age of 20 sitting in a 'church', in Germany, in a British Army barracks, drunk around 4am, clearly I remember crying and asking 'God' what life was for, what was it about?....I didn't, at the time know how to ask for forgiveness, I didn't know what was right and what was wrong. I spent 12 years as a soldier, in numerous places, ignorant to what damage my way of thinking was causing to others. But I could not have been too bad, surely...

I later worked in security services which gave me considerable wealth, working at the highest level. I thought I enjoyed life, but was never really happy, never content, always looking for something, but never knowing what.

I recall going fishing to The Gambia in 2008 with my elder brother. The Gambia is a Muslim country. The people were so nice, so real, it made me feel uncomfortable at first.

You see, when your life is full of sceptics, and you have no true beliefs, you become one yourself.

So, everyone being so nice, so hospitable, so welcoming, surely meant that they were being false, or were after something.I went back to the UK. I was troubled. I sought advice and help from far away....a brother...Hayaz Ibnu Hameen. I needed to understand about Islam...who was Allah (swt), who is this Muhammed (saw)...after much study and very little effort I realised. After 40 years of looking, I had suddenly found....everything.

I quickly realised what I had been surviving without. I could not say living because that wouldn't be true.

I returned to The Gambia. I reverted to Islam....I found the path...I found what life is, what it is about, what everything is about...Islam. My name is now Ibraheem Camara. I am a Muslim and I am Spreading Islam.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2013, 02:58:31 AM »
Which only goes to prove that there will never be a shortage of "stupid".

Good on them.

Your stupid that you don't believe in a God who is worthy of being worshipped.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: July 17, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
Good on them.

Your stupid that you don't believe in a God who is worthy of being worshipped.

Can you, perhaps, provide me with a concrete, logical and consistent definition of what it is that I am to believe in? How can I distinguish it from, say, a pink unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #362 on: July 17, 2013, 05:50:30 PM »
Islam is hard to stick to. Miss one well timed prayer... and you'll burn in a hell.
X

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2013, 01:29:54 AM »
Islam is hard to stick to. Miss one well timed prayer... and you'll burn in a hell.

Its not hard at all.

I pray 5 times a day and been doing it for more than 15 years.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2013, 01:30:43 AM »
Can you, perhaps, provide me with a concrete, logical and consistent definition of what it is that I am to believe in? How can I distinguish it from, say, a pink unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Well if you believe your creator is a unicorn or a monster then good for you.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: July 18, 2013, 03:32:45 AM »
Well if you believe your creator is a unicorn or a monster then good for you.

I don't believe in a creator. If you do, then can you answer one question for me: why do you require a creator but this creator doesn't?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:59 AM »
Its not hard at all.

I actually admire the devout Muslim's daily act of prayer.   Despite differences in theology I find it to be endearing.

Are the prayers more scripted in nature or are they more a random outpouring of your soul?   I'm not suggesting that a person can't be completely connected to a scripted prayer, I just wondered what the standard practice was.  Or perhaps it's a combination?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:48 AM »
I actually admire the devout Muslim's daily act of prayer.   Despite differences in theology I find it to be endearing.

Are the prayers more scripted in nature or are they more a random outpouring of your soul?   I'm not suggesting that a person can't be completely connected to a scripted prayer, I just wondered what the standard practice was.  Or perhaps it's a combination?

it's both,.. i mean there are some scripted rules like the number of sitting and standing and saying "Fatha".. etc.. but after "Fatha" one can say whatever he wants from Quraan which can be a difference verse every time.. also you can ask Allah whatever you want during "sejoud".. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2013, 06:20:32 AM »
it's both,.. i mean there are some scripted rules like the number of sitting and standing and saying "Fatha".. etc.. but after "Fatha" one can say whatever he wants from Quraan which can be a difference verse every time.. also you can ask Allah whatever you want during "sejoud".. 

There are rules for how many times to pray sitting and how many standing (or, alternatively, how to sit and stand)? Forgive me, but it seems like there's a lot of micro-managing...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2013, 07:46:07 AM »
We go to heaven by God's mercy and secondarily by our good behaviour and good actions. Unlike in Christianity there is a concept of Justice in Islam. That's the key difference. You will be rewarded for good action and held accountable for evil and bad actions. You are held accountable for what you do and do not get a 'free pass' just because you wish so.

(The Christian) God is merciful, graceful and just.  We don't have a free pass to sin just because we believe in Christ as Savior.   People are held accountable for sin.  

According to the bible, someone who believes in Christ as Savior (a Christian) will go to heaven when they die purely on what Christ has done for them, but we still suffer consequences for sin.  

We suffer consequences for sin here on earth and some will suffer consequences in heaven by loss of reward.  

In Christianity, salvation is a free gift.  We don't "earn" it.  But our sins and also our good works will still have meaning in heaven by way of loss of or gain of reward(s).

So in Islam the concept is everyone is born pure but then everyone gets corrupted (I think that's what you said)?  And then salvation is through both grace and deeds combined, right?  So then is there a type of numbers system or balance sheet regarding your deeds verses your sins that gets you in?  Like, if you have more good deeds than sins you get in?
R

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2013, 08:00:48 AM »
(The Christian) God is merciful, graceful and just.  We don't have a free pass to sin just because we believe in Christ as Savior.   People are held accountable for sin.  

According to the bible, someone who believes in Christ as Savior (a Christian) will go to heaven when they die purely on what Christ has done for them, but we still suffer consequences for sin.  

We suffer consequences for sin here on earth and some will suffer consequences in heaven by loss of reward.  

In Christianity, salvation is a free gift.  We don't "earn" it.  But our sins and also our good works will still have meaning in heaven by way of loss of or gain of reward(s).

So in Islam the concept is everyone is born pure but then everyone gets corrupted (I think that's what you said)?  And then salvation is through both grace and deeds combined, right?  So then is there a type of numbers system or balance sheet regarding your deeds verses your sins that gets you in?  Like, if you have more good deeds than sins you get in?

Muslims will be judged and their good works and bad works balanced on scales.  If the scales tip in favor of good they enter Allah's paradise.  If the scales tip in favor of bad they may suffer eternal punishment within Islam's version of hell.  If the scales are slightly in favor of good or bad they may still spend time in Islamic hell paying their debt for their bad deeds.  Once cleansed Allah may then allow them into his paradise.  Although, regardless of the scales, the ultimate end of each Muslim is fully dependent upon the mercy and justice of Allah.  Those with more good works could spend eternity in punishment and those with more bad works could enter paradise.  Again, this is all dependent upon the mercy and justice of Allah since he is the ultimate judge.  The highest ranking Islamic leaders, theologians and imams will tell you they have no certainty of their place in eternity.  Still, some Islamic apologists claim the scales are more metaphorical and simply represent Allah’s judgment while others claims the scales are completely literal.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »
There are 7 levels of heaven.
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Its not hard at all.

I see a lot of muslims walking around during prayer times. They don't all pray five times per day. Some tell me they pray for Fajr in the morning and Isha at night. Because North America does not support or make it convenient to get all ur five prayers in.
X

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
I see a lot of muslims walking around during prayer times. They don't all pray five times per day. Some tell me they pray for Fajr in the morning and Isha at night. Because North America does not support or make it convenient to get all ur five prayers in.

Im not

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »

lool what?

You see Muslims walking around?

You got me confused... but anyways, the prayers times as stingray has said varry from land to land, they are time periods of the day and we are all prescribed 5 daily prayers and we can offer voluntarily additional prayers as well as the prophet (pbuh) did which are sunnah and also additionally out of our own any time in the day or night.

Again for the billionth time please stop derail ling this thread with irrelevant jibber jabber, create your own thread.