Author Topic: People who have become Muslim  (Read 135174 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
Stop trolling troll. You can't convert someone by the knife or sword, that's what Christianity did in Muslim Spain to Unitarian Christians, Muslims and Jews. To be Muslim is literally to submit your will to Allah. By being put to a knife to 'convert' that is putting your will to a man not Allah. It's not being Muslim. You can't convert someone to Islam.

The qur'an, the prophet (pbuh) and the teachings of Islam forbid this and in fact instruct those who do not accept Islam to be protected under Shari'ah law. Places of worship are to be protected, those of the faith allowed to practice their faith, and no one coerced into Islam from their current faith. The only right we have is to discuss and invite to Islam which is called da'wah. If people refuse so be it, as it says in the qur'an "Witness that we are Muslim" and leave it at that those who reject.

You keep citing cultures and areas that are village idiots as your prime examples. Hindus kill their own daughters, kill their own female born, honor kill, have a class caste system, the higher up caste brahman priests can rape the lesser caste women, the lesser caste are viewed as dirty and filthy, unpure only meant to serve the upper caste members, etc... your 'expert' is your imaginary friend. Hindus have been attacking and raping muslim women for decades. But anyways those parts of the world are degenerate and plain simply uneducated. You can have a PhD in Mathematics but bow down to an idol of a monkey you build with your own hands. Very educated hah.

Notice that the people who become Muslim are mostly western educated not village idiots from Pakistan or India who follow their traditions/customs not Islam. Or if they were corrupted they drastically do a 180* turn and become pure people. Islam changes criminals into purified people who you would never think were criminals ever before.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:13 PM »
You ever hear of somalia and boko haram in africa? Boko haram killing everyone. Somali pirates must be a religion of peace (rolls eyes) same goes for boko haram and so many islamic kill machines in africa. And look at afghanistan :(
X

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2013, 11:41:20 PM »
My friend is hindu. He has a world religion degree. Phd. The only religion he's against is islam. He told me that the qur'an is fake. He is an expert and studied many religion. How do you think experts come to the conclusion that the qur'an is fake? He preaches to people and gives this warning: ''islam is a very dangerous religion'' and it is!!! He told me how they kill many hindu in India. And about mhula war lords with bandits that will put a knife to your throat and make you say ''shahada'' and make you muslim :( he told me how everyone in karala southern india get harrased because they catholic. And they also put knife to catholic and make them say ''shahada'' :(

Yawn.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
Stingray. As salamu alaykum. I was just wonder what is your nationality? Ramadan Kareem brother and khuda hafez :)
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #404 on: July 24, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
lol Loco I mean Rhino loves this story:

How 100,000 Britons have chosen to become Muslim... and average convert is 27-year-old white woman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html

Oh yes us anglo whites grrrr terrible mozzlems. Loco is just mad that he can't rationalize or prove the trinity and hates that people are embracing Islam. So he likes to point out uneducated village idiots from Muslim countries doing stupid things that have nothing to do with Islam and even tried to act as Pakistani/Ukranian/Egyptian 'born 37 years muslim' now 'ex muslim'. LOL went from 'ex mozlem' to catholic in one day to evangelical in two days. Crock story with crock troll. Hilarious.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #405 on: July 24, 2013, 03:57:34 PM »
Al qur'an is fake. Everyone know this. Why come here and deny? Ask any hindu. Just fake people. :(
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #406 on: July 24, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
Loco fear God for you will be held accountable for it. You're making a fool out of yourself and merely doing yourself disservice. Stop this trolling charade, it lasted for a few days, now you're done, your game is up. It's just making you look more and more of a fool. It's just illuminating your desperation further and showcasing how little you know of Islam and how desperately you want to attack Islam and Muslims through new pathetic means.

It's neither going to make anyone else less of a Muslim or bring you closer to God.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. Surah [61:8]

For every slander and non-sense you troll. Another 'white person' embraces Islam while you remain behind filled with your hate and ignorance.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #407 on: July 24, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »
Ok. Jesus is for me. Ppl were racist against me as a white muslim. That is all.
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #408 on: July 24, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »
Ok. Jesus is for me. Ppl were racist against me as a white muslim. That is all.

You're a good man Rhino, keep up the good work friend!!  :)

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #409 on: July 24, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
I really don't know what Rhino is trying to do. He's definitely confused, that's for sure.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #410 on: July 24, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
I found jesus. :) I used to be Muslim. That is all.
X

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #411 on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »

Good luck, i guess.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #412 on: July 24, 2013, 10:51:34 PM »
Thanks. There are ppl doing studies now on islam and schizzoid (SP) behavior. I am glad to be out of it. Not a troll. Just being honest. I feel better with jesus and the bible already. :)
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »

You believe he gives 2 shits?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »

Did he wear a Waldo-like hat to make him easier to spot? ;D

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2013, 11:25:06 AM »
Jesus walks the Earth and came to Me because he cares. So he does care. And I didn't really have to look hard to find him. It just happened =) 
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #416 on: July 26, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »

Lacey Tourney, 22 years-old and formerly of Catholic faith .Regina woman who converted to Islam celebrating Ramadan

As a practising Catholic, Lacey Tourney always felt a spiritual disconnect which led to a curiosity to explore the cultural horizons.

"I knew faith was important and I wanted to have a faith base in my life but I wasn't happy," she said.

So the Regina woman enrolled in a Middle Eastern religious studies course in 2010 at the University of Regina and began delving into the practices of Islam.

Not long after she converted to Islam.

"Going to university I met a lot of individuals that were Muslim. We would sit and talk for hours and they would tell me about their culture and way of life. I just thought: 'This all makes a lot of sense, something just clicked. Islam just seemed to mesh a lot more in what I believe in,' " said Tourney.

Since the conversion, the fourth-year arts education student has made life changes. In December, she decided to wear the hijab, which is a cloth that covers the hair, neck and chest from the public eye.

"I wanted everything to be gradual because it's a lifestyle change that (affects) your everyday actions," she said. "Being a convert, you need to find the reasoning behind everything. And the reasoning behind Muslim faith is to make your life more healthy, more fulfilling (and) to make you care more about other people and concentrate on helping them."

This time of year is significant for the Muslim community, as the tradition of Ramadan - eating little food and drinking no water - is carried out.

It will be Tourney's third year participating in the special occasion.

The 22-year-old will "break the fast" each evening at sundown and partake in a joyous gathering that takes place at friend's and family homes.

Debra Schubert, a close friend of Tourney's who also converted to Islam in 2002 said, "Lacey put on the hijab as a testimony of faith."

There are five pillars of faith in Islam, said Schubert, including testimony of faith, prayer, fasting, a pilgrimage to Mecca and charity.

Ramadan is a way of purifying the mind and spirit, while gaining compassion for those who are less fortunate, said Schubert. Each evening there is prayer, accompanied with eating small amounts of dates and drinking water.

"You're going to feel a heightened sense of emotions and awareness, you notice things about others you normally wouldn't," she said. "In other parts of the world, others do not have the luxury of eating in the evening during Ramadan. It really puts things into perspective. It's intense." "Ramadan prayer day" officially began July 9, while the Ramadan fasting began July 10.

The word Ramadan means baked Earth in Hindi. The first Ramadan was during the hottest months in the Middle East.

Tourney hopes to teach at the Regina Huda School after convocation next spring. "She's just a fun-loving person," said Schubert. "Everything in this religion is between yourself and your creator. (Lacy) is able to be herself but now she also prays and wears hijab."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2013, 05:20:34 PM »

The challenges faced by British women who have converted to Islam have been investigated in a study by the University of Cambridge Centre of Islamic Studies (CIS) and the New Muslims Project.

Thousands of British women have converted to Islam but nobody has ever studied the difficulties they face in being accepted, says Shahla Suleiman, the project manager for the study for which 47 converts were interviewed.

“Considering the stereotypical and largely negative picture Islam has in the media and society at large …we wanted to understand the seemingly paradoxical issue of why highly educated and professionally successful Western women convert to Islam.”

The report says more support is needed for converts, but also recognises the potential converts can have on the heritage Muslim community and British society as a whole.

The Catholic child

Imelda Ryan, a charity sector worker from Oxfordshire tells the BBC, with a wry smile: “My conversion was about, 26/27 years ago. I still haven’t gone back to Catholicism yet .”

Ryan was brought up by her mother in an Irish Catholic single parent household in the UK. As a child she aspired to be a nun, but during her teenage years she broke away from the Catholic faith.

By her late twenties, with a successful career in the charity sector, financial security and many friends, Imelda felt something was lacking in her life. The mother of four said: “I joined the Samaritans as I wanted to do something, so called, meaningful with my life”.

She worked with Muslims, and fondly looks back on the time when they would try to convert her to Islam. Many of her colleagues suggested reading the Koran, but it was reading a book explaining Islam, that brought about her conversion.

Mrs Ryan said: “In that book it sort of gave an a-z of what a moral, ethical, spiritual, person should be. “It just knocked me over. This book is saying, what you would like to be is Islam.”

Mrs Ryan recalls her own conversion, and how telling friends of her new faith was relatively easy. However telling her family was more of a challenge.

“When I told my mum, understandably the question was, if you want to be religious, if you want to be spiritual, why don’t you come back to Catholicism? Why did you go to another religion? Why didn’t you come back to your own religion?”

Everyone’s religion

Unlike some of the women taking part in the study, Imelda was able to maintain a close relationship with her mother. She told the BBC: “I had to explain to her, actually, Islam is everyone’s religion. If you read about Islam, it incorporates Christianity, Judaism, it’s a religion for all people, of all faiths.”

Mrs Ryan thinks the strength of her mother’s faith made it easier for her to understand her daughter’s conversion. She didn’t need to explain to her mother the need for spirituality in her life, as it was already an integral aspect of her mother’s life.

In fact Mrs Ryan thinks her religious and moral upbringing was the natural starting point for her journey to Islam. She recalls telling her mother:

“I’m coming from a place you began, it’s a continuance for me, and a fulfilment of the person, you wanted me to be.”

After her mother’s death Mrs Ryan found a letter she had written to her. It said ‘I know one day you will come back to Catholicism.’

“That made me very sad, it’s not that she didn’t accept me, we had a wonderful relationship, but there was a tiny bit of her that hoped I’d sort of made a mistake.”

Mrs Ryan is able to reflect on the changing perception of Islam over the last 26 years. She said:
“I think since I converted that so many more people know about Islam, the saddest aspect of that is they know about it through 9/11 and 7/7…We want to say this is not in our name.”

Wearing a hijab

Mrs Ryan believes the decision to wear a head scarf is down to the individual. One of the reasons she has chosen to wear a hijab is to be recognised by other Muslim women.

“I’m proud to be Muslim I don’t shy away from it … but actually in terms of negativity and positivity I think there are many more positive things that have happened as a result of me wearing than not.”Mrs Ryan said.

The report found the experiences of women wearing headscarves varied depending on the environment they live in. Muslim women are often far more visible in British cities.

Mrs Ryan lives in a quite Oxfordshire village, and jokingly describes herself as ‘the only Muslim in the village’. She enjoys the conversations that start because she is wearing a hijab and answering questions for the curious. Ruqaiyah Hibell is the author of the report and a researcher for the New Muslims Project. From her own experiences converting to Islam, she can empathise with and help new Muslims. She told the BBC: “The basic set of challenges that they all face are, how to integrate into existing heritage communities. How to retain contact with their original heritage while moving on and being the person they want to be within a new environment as well.” New Muslims are often directed to Caring for Converts, who have a helpline as well as offering social, spiritual and educational services.

The report found many converts keep their faith a secret, afraid to share their spiritual journey with family and friends. Mary Batool Al-Toma, director of the New Muslims Project told the BBC:

“I think spirituality in itself draws from people around a variety of different responses. Some of them not so pleasant, some of them quite positive and wholesome.”

But there are problems facing all British Muslim women, whether recently converted or born into the faith, they all face a general lack of inclusion in mosques.

Mrs Al-Toma compares the situation, with her own experiences attending a Catholic church in Ireland as a child. She recalls how men and women were separated into two lines as they approached the priest. The report also highlights the need for sermons to be conducted in English, alongside other languages.

The research shows the huge variety of experience and challenges Muslim converts face, and some of these challenges are universal. Imelda Ryan worked hard to maintain the loving relationship she had with her late mother. She told the BBC:

“I hope she realised as a Muslim girl I was a better daughter, maybe a better mother, a better wife I don’t know.”

Source:www.islaminformationcent er.com

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »
Jesus walks the Earth and came to Me because he cares. So he does care. And I didn't really have to look hard to find him. It just happened =) 

Omg

Is jesus back?

Can I have his number?

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »
Nah, just read ur qur'an. ISSA (jesus) is there too. Sa la la alay wa salam =)   
X

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »
Omg

Is jesus back?

Can I have his number?

Probably easier to contact him by email; his work e-mail is the.son@heav.en but his personal one is undead@crucifi.ed ;D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »
Nah, just read ur qur'an. ISSA (jesus) is there too. Sa la la alay wa salam =)   

HAHAHA, Loco you are so pathetic man, stop humiliating yourself with this stupid troll. You're busted already, stop this charade. Trying so hard recently to show you're desi now? I thought you were Ukranian? Anyways seems like your English has improved in the other sections lol.

Trollolol

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #422 on: July 26, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #423 on: July 26, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »

a_ahmed