Author Topic: The 90's were the golden age of bodybuilding.  (Read 30932 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: The 90's were the golden age of bodybuilding.
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »
Kai would destroy Levrone and Wheeler. Just on his condition let alone everything else. Kai is a better bodybuilder than Levrone and Wheeler. Wheeler couldn't get in shape and Levrone's back doesn't compare to Kai's AT ALL.
KAI'S BACK IS IN HUMAN....

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
Kai would destroy Levrone and Wheeler. Just on his condition let alone everything else. Kai is a better bodybuilder than Levrone and Wheeler. Wheeler couldn't get in shape and Levrone's back doesn't compare to Kai's AT ALL.

I agree. With today's judging, Kai and Heath would beat them. Ok, maybe not a prime Coleman, because he's still a GOAT, but certainly Wheeler and Levrone even at their best, given TODAY's judging panels and trend in what we see.

But here's a bigger question: do you agree that Kai SHOULD beat them. I mean, if you're a judge, is that the look you would reward, if bodybuilding and its champions were solely up to you (no homo)?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »
I agree. With today's judging, Kai and Heath would beat them. Ok, maybe not a prime Coleman, because he's still a GOAT, but certainly Wheeler and Levrone even at their best, given TODAY's judging panels and trend in what we see.

But here's a bigger question: do you agree that Kai SHOULD beat them. I mean, if you're a judge, is that the look you would reward, if bodybuilding and its champions were solely up to you (no homo)?

Kai (sans gut, so 2012 Kai) should beat Yates (except 93 version) and any version of Coleman after 1999. Haney is better than Kai though.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »
Kai would rape everyone sans Dorian and Ronnie at their best.
I think not! Kevin, Flex , Cormier , Dillet , Nasser, for example!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
Have you been smoking Kai's Pole?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 01:28:24 PM »
I think not! Kevin, Flex , Cormier , Dillet , Nasser, for example!

Please explain to me how any of these guys would beat him. LOL. Dillet?  Really? LOLOLOLZ. Dillet can't pose and he has the worst back double bicep I've ever seen as a top pro. Nassole? No back double bi. Kai's back is so overpowering it wouldn't be a contest. Flex and Kevin I already spoke of. Cormier, best look at the 1999 Mr. O. Kai still in better condition.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »
aaron baker is better than Kai and aaron was a 2nd tier pro in the 90's

Kai has 1 great pose the BDB, everything else is not standout, he's got a non aesthetic shape from the front

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
70's were cooler.

80's were much nicer.

90's were crazy big cool.

2000's were rude.

2010's starting sort of boring.

this

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »
aaron baker is better than Kai and aaron was a 2nd tier pro in the 90's

Kai has 1 great pose the BDB, everything else is not standout, he's got a non aesthetic shape from the front

Aaron was as narrow as Phil. His conditioning was hit or miss.  You're insane. His back is standout (one of the best all time), his legs are standout (some of the best all time). He's balanced and if you're balanced as you should be, not to much should stand out. No one from the 90s is better than Kai outside of Dorian and Ronnie. Please post photos to prove your point.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 02:07:54 PM »
Shawn Ray > Kai!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »
Shawn Ray > Kai!

Never. Kai is better than Shawn. he's way too small.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »
Kai (sans gut, so 2012 Kai) should beat Yates (except 93 version) and any version of Coleman after 1999. Haney is better than Kai though.

Wow I totally disagree.  Although Kai is unbelievably awesome all you are thinking about is Kai from the back.  From the front, Levrone and Wheeler crush Kai.  Kai still has that weird shape that is not as aesthetically pleasing as a Levrone or Wheeler.   Even though his gut came in it would still be considered distended against Wheeler and Levrone. From the side it would be about equal.  From the back Kai would win.  Coleman 01 ASC would crush Kai along with the 04 or 05 version (the super huge one I can't remember).  I don't think Cormier would have beat him though.  I do believe Ray was balanced enough to trade with Kai.  Conditioning is irrelevant cause if the 90s bodybuilders were competing today they'd have all the drugs/ new techniques to get ultra shredded as well.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
Shawn Ray was the perfect bodybuilder (minus the height) absolute perfection of every bodypart.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »
Looks great.

the short guy in the backround john 'the sherman tank,,,,could have been top guy for yrs in 90's ,incredible build,,,

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
the short guy in the backround john 'the sherman tank,,,,could have been top guy for yrs in 90's ,incredible build,,,

You weren't kidding...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=102294.msg1469288#msg1469288

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »

wow

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
Sherman was great very underrated!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »

wow
he won some shows early on and night of champions ,,,dissapear time to time then comeback,,,think he was 5'4/5'5 190 to 200 or so big build for height and shape,,,sick legs,,

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2013, 11:18:19 PM »
kai's condition at his best is great but still his physique has some natural weak points that affect many poses.. sure he can beat dillet's best but not levrone's or wheeler's or nasser's best.. and of course dorian's and ronnie's best..

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:49 AM »
he won some shows early on and night of champions ,,,dissapear time to time then comeback,,,think he was 5'4/5'5 190 to 200 or so big build for height and shape,,,sick legs,,

i remember training one afternoon and sherman walked in diamond gym in 95 and it was like god just walked in, even the top dudes in diamond where like  dammmnnn. he was also a really laid back dude n cool to everyone. jersey bodybuilding was really at its peak back then imo
R

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2013, 06:07:15 AM »

Kai has a superior torso  than both Kevin and "Natural freak" Wheeler.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2013, 06:19:30 AM »

wow
yeah, 5'4 and when he was at the 92 USAs he weighed 185. Some say that he should have taken the overall over Flex...now that is saying something...at the 94 NOC, where Francois won, John was 192 pounds and it was said that he could match quads with any one, Francois and a young Nasser.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2013, 06:21:14 AM »
Kai has a superior torso  than both Kevin and "Natural freak" Wheeler.
many had/have a superior torso than Wheeler, it was his shape and flow that won him the majority of his contests.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
many had/have a superior torso than Wheeler, it was his shape and flow that won him the majority of his contests.

wheeler in mid 90,s was a work of art, his muscle bellies where totally perfect imo
R