Author Topic: Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'  (Read 65013 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2015, 07:19:25 PM »
Lance competed in the Tour at under 160. He was no doubt shredded but certainly gaunt like the other riders.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »
He was on some serious shit during the 96 season. He was pushing 180 during the 1996 Olympics. We were shocked at how vascular and how much muscle he was holding for the Olympics(as well as other team mates).  I remember seeing him a few months apart and his conditioning completely changed. US really wanted to win that year, but it fell apart.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2015, 07:35:59 PM »
He was on some serious shit during the 96 season. He was pushing 180 during the 1996 Olympics. We were shocked at how vascular and how much muscle he was holding for the Olympics(as well as other team mates).  I remember seeing him a few months apart and his conditioning completely changed. US really wanted to win that year, but it fell apart.

He definitely competed much heavier before cancer.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »

Look, the body doesn't lie. Take for example Tyler Hamilton. This is how a cyclist looks when ready for the TdF:

To lose weight Tyler took Riis' advice: ride 6-8 hours, afterward drink a bottle of seltzer, and then take a sleeping pill or two to put yourself out until morning.  Tyler couldn't generate as much power as Lance but by losing weight he came close to matching him in the mountains that year, 2003.  If he hadn't broken his collarbone he'd have done better than 4th.

Lance never had to deprive himself to that extent.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »
We clearly know the cyclists are using Some Form of P.E.D's
Exactly what I don't have much of an idea as I'm not into long distance cycling.

Zenon from what I have read certainly appears to offer a Big Boost similar to EPO.

Anyone with 'inside' knowledge Please Enlighten us as to what they are Doing.

As for Team Sky & Chris Froome Coming out of Nowhere & winning
Some New Radical Training & Supplement Regime.??
Or a Little More to it than that I would Guess.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »
We clearly know the cyclists are using Some Form of P.E.D's
Exactly what I don't have much of an idea as I'm not into long distance cycling.

Zenon from what I have read certainly appears to offer a Big Boost similar to EPO.

Anyone with 'inside' knowledge Please Enlighten us as to what they are Doing.

As for Team Sky & Chris Froome Coming out of Nowhere & winning
Some New Radical Training & Supplement Regime.??
Or a Little More to it than that I would Guess.

I think it's no secret: Microdosing, going to outlandish places to dope (Contador went up to Kilimanjaro this past year during the first team camp,) enriched blood (for future in-race transfusions) is now stored in non-plastic containers just in case WADA or the UCI decide to go ahead with the damn plasticizers test, et cetera.

My take on it is this: Whatever I think there's no way in hell these guys are doing... they probably are. They've already mastered the art of flying under the blood passport radar (very few people are actually given penalties for iffy blood data) so it's no wonder they have to use ultra-sensitive testing machinery to bust anyone.

WADA-wise, I think they've implemented an anti-doping protocol that virtually sucks and is light years behind the dopers. It's too expensive. My suspicion is that they use the blood passport to find markers where potential doping events took place to find out when particular cyclists like to dope and then zero-in on the poor sucker.