Author Topic: Ray Nagin "N.O. gonna be a Chocolate City" BUSTED for corruption and bribery  (Read 5533 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
No, not at all, they wouldn't work for me long if they were.  But, for one reason or another, whether it be bad choices made in adolescence (i.e. not finishing school, getting pregnant at 15 etc) or just a general lack of drive, there are people who decide to give up.  I guess the better question would be, is this the price paid for success or being successful.  That, because of the hierarchy of things, are there just always going to be haves/have nots, doers/do nots.  My employees aren't terrible people, I wouldn't hire them if they were.  I just don't get what makes some people have a drive to succeed, or have a sense of pride, and others just don't really care.  I hired a guy who had been in prison for 5 years for drug trafficking.  I tried to give him a chance, multiple chances, and the guy ended up screwing me over. But, that's not to say I wouldn't give another person with a checkered past a shot.

Could it be a reflection of your judgment, or is that out of the question?

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Unfortunately, the US budget is unable to sustain the costs of running entitlement programs such as social security, Medicaid/Medicare, and other forms of public assistance, including veterans' affairs.  Over half of Americans are receiving some sort of government subsidy.

Whether you support the programs or not, they are unsustainable in their present form and require serious changes in how they are administered.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Could it be a reflection of your judgment, or is that out of the question?

Not unless everybody else in the industry suffers from the same inability to get good help.  I think it has more to do with the fact that the market won't bare the costs that would be associated with hiring "great" people.  Trust me, I have paid as much as $17 an hour for labor, and the type of people in the industry are not going out there and splitting atoms.  But, we are getting a bit off the subject, and I am sure that in your white collar job, you don't get to see the same type of people I do being in the construction industry.  But, that's just an assumption.  May I ask, and this is without any sarcasm or ire, do you do for a living?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Not unless everybody else in the industry suffers from the same inability to get good help.  I think it has more to do with the fact that the market won't bare the costs that would be associated with hiring "great" people.  Trust me, I have paid as much as $17 an hour for labor, and the type of people in the industry are not going out there and splitting atoms.  But, we are getting a bit off the subject, and I am sure that in your white collar job, you don't get to see the same type of people I do being in the construction industry.  But, that's just an assumption.  May I ask, and this is without any sarcasm or ire, do you do for a living?

I'm lost as to what you're trying to say, bro.  Please help me understand.  Are you attempting to make a statement about poorer people?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Please just come out and say it, if that's what you're getting at.  You don't have to be "politically correct" here.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Please just come out and say it, if that's what you're getting at.  You don't have to be "politically correct" here.

Poor people were not really the direct target of the original topic, they just happened to get caught in the cross fire. My opinion on poor people though, if that's what you're asking, is that most of them are there because of their own doing. Not saying there aren't exceptions, because there are. But it was more to the corruption/lack of accountablity in all forms of government spending/programs. They all need some sort of revamp. You can read my posts at the beginning of the thread to get what I am talking about.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Poor people were not really the direct target of the original topic, they just happened to get caught in the cross fire. My opinion on poor people though, if that's what you're asking, is that most of them are there because of their own doing. Not saying there aren't exceptions, because there are. But it was more to the corruption/lack of accountablity in all forms of government spending/programs. They all need some sort of revamp. You can read my posts at the beginning of the thread to get what I am talking about.

Would it be fair to say that, generally, income level is linked with something similar to morality, and it is on an up-down scale?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Would it be fair to say that, generally, income level is linked with something similar to morality, and it is on an up-down scale?

Not sure which way you're referring to the scale sliding. Are you saying poor people are bad, or rich people are bad?  I would like to think, that most people, rich or poor, are generally trying to get through life in a moral way, but that's not to say people don't stumble. But, like I said earlier, I would much rather my money be wasted by being given to the poor/lazy/handicapped/have nots, or whatever you want to call them, than for money to be frivolously wasted by our government on other things. We're getting a bit off track here, but I do genuinely like hearing other people's opinion on things. I could go on and on about how I see money wasted on projects I've been on, money that could have been used elsewhere. I have also been on job sites, in section 8 housing projects, that you would be shocked at how some of the people get over on the system. I guess in the corporate world, this would be called "leakage".

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Not sure which way you're referring to the scale sliding. Are you saying poor people are bad, or rich people are bad?  I would like to think, that most people, rich or poor, are generally trying to get through life in a moral way, but that's not to say people don't stumble. But, like I said earlier, I would much rather my money be wasted by being given to the poor/lazy/handicapped/have nots, or whatever you want to call them, than for money to be frivolously wasted by our government on other things. We're getting a bit off track here, but I do genuinely like hearing other people's opinion on things. I could go on and on about how I see money wasted on projects I've been on, money that could have been used elsewhere. I have also been on job sites, in section 8 housing projects, that you would be shocked at how some of the people get over on the system. I guess in the corporate world, this would be called "leakage".

I hear you, bro.  It seems people generally share similar priorities, if they can just communicate outside of the haze.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
I didn't ask you

I already know your delusions so let Irongrip speak for himself

Then maybe you need to take it to email. This is a forum with many people participating

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

The New York Times  | BREAKING NEWS ALERT

NYTimes.com  | Unsubscribe

BREAKING NEWS Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:06 PM EST

Nagin, Former New Orleans Mayor, Guilty of Corruption Charges

Former Mayor C. Ray Nagin of New Orleans was found guilty on Wednesday of accepting payoffs for city contracts, becoming the first leader in the city’s history to be charged and convicted of corruption.

The jury deliberated for about six and a half hours in total before finding Mr. Nagin, 57, the Democratic mayor for two terms and the face of the city’s leadership during the Hurricane Katrina disaster, guilty in 20 of the 21 counts against him.

READ MORE »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/us/nagin-corruption-verdict.html?emc=edit_na_20140212

Typical   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

BREAKING NEWS Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:20 AM EDT

C. Ray Nagin, Former New Orleans Mayor, Sentenced to 10 Years
C. Ray Nagin, the former mayor of New Orleans who was convicted in February on corruption charges, was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Wednesday in federal court in New Orleans.
Mr. Nagin was found guilty in February on 20 counts, most relating to kickbacks from contractors looking for city work. Judge Ginger Berrigan of United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana will determine the sentence, which could be lengthy even if she mostly hews to federal sentencing guidelines.
Mr. Nagin, a Democrat, was arrested in January 2013, nearly three years after he left office. He was charged with taking kickbacks in the form of cash, cross-country trips or help with the family-run granite countertop company; the bribes were handed out by men looking for city business ranging from software supplies to sidewalk repair. Many of the schemes, though not all, took place after Hurricane Katrina, when contractors crowded into the city for rebuilding work.

READ MORE »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/10/us/ray-nagin-former-new-orleans-mayor.html?emc=edit_na_20140709

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Hmmmmmm..........Katerin a was all bush's fault right? Thousands of buses ready to go and Ol' ray had already left the building.
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Then maybe you need to take it to email. This is a forum with many people participating

Were it almost any other person except Soul Crusher and I'd probably agree with you.

Check out SC's post count and don't forget to add that number to eleventy-zillion posts he made when he called himself 333386.

If you do that, you'd likely understand that many here are completely familiar with his views.

I, for one, am happy to read this serious and sincere discussion between IrongGrip, Straw, and Jack T.