Author Topic: "Kayfabe Memories," or "Before We Were 'Smart:'"  (Read 24954 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: "Kayfabe Memories," or "Before We Were 'Smart:'"
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2013, 02:43:13 AM »
another good one was Outlaw Ron Bass cutting up Brutus Beefcake's head with the spurs, 'injuring him' and setting up the Ultimate Warrior to take his place and beat Honkey for the IC title at Summerslam 88

brutus bled like a stuck pig, as JR would say

I remember watching that on Superstars and cursing that damn red "X" they imposed on the screen. I was about 11 years old, and I wanted blood!! ;D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »
Holy shit, brother!!!
Where have you been hiding?

Good to see you back!

Knocking about, but I don't get time to post much these days.  I'm doing 90+ hours a week at work these days, so when I'm not working I'm usually sleeping/eating/driving to work!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 03:43:22 PM »
Knocking about, but I don't get time to post much these days.  I'm doing 90+ hours a week at work these days, so when I'm not working I'm usually sleeping/eating/driving to work!

:o

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »

:o

Tell me about it!  I run a couple of businesses, so it's a lot of time at our premises, plus weekends away at conventions as well.  I've got a week off in June, can't wait to just sit in the sun for a few days.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »
I remember being horrified when Larry turned on Bruno and Bruno bled  :D
Also, on WWWF, they used to bring out "The Wolfman" in chains, he would make someone bleed, yes, then the "X" would block out the picture.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2013, 05:37:06 AM »
Power and Glory dropping that chain in Shawn Micheals leg and leaving poor Marty Jannetty to wrestle the whole match by himself was just fucking evil! Little me was horrified. Then! THE ROCKERS BROKE UP AND SHAWN MICHEALS STARTED WEARING A LEATHER JACKET AND WAS A BAD GUY!!!

Before I was Smart.

On a side note I was in the dressing room and saw Tito Santana and The Warlord talking to each other and did not understand it. They Hated each other! Right!?!?!

Well I asked Papa Gerwig about it in the car and he said "well sometimes freinds have to wrestle each other, you know like me and your Uncle Dickie do. But we're friends."  And dumb little me I bought it.

Before I was Smart

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
Power and Glory dropping that chain in Shawn Micheals leg and leaving poor Marty Jannetty to wrestle the whole match by himself was just fucking evil! Little me was horrified. Then! THE ROCKERS BROKE UP AND SHAWN MICHEALS STARTED WEARING A LEATHER JACKET AND WAS A BAD GUY!!!

Before I was Smart.

On a side note I was in the dressing room and saw Tito Santana and The Warlord talking to each other and did not understand it. They Hated each other! Right!?!?!

Well I asked Papa Gerwig about it in the car and he said "well sometimes freinds have to wrestle each other, you know like me and your Uncle Dickie do. But we're friends."  And dumb little me I bought it.

Before I was Smart

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
Snuka / Coconut is always the first thing I remember when I think back.  I was a huge Snuka mark, and was pretty upset by it.   I think I was also upset when Piper beat the shit out of one of the jobbers at the time - Frank Williams?

Hogan/Iron Shiek for the title was amazing.  That was a time when we had no idea when stuff like that was on, outside of the usual Sat morning stuff.  We just happened to flip the channel (buttons on the box with the long cord).  My brothers and I were pumped, and went friggin' nuts when Hogan won the title.

I also remember seeing a quote in our newspaper from Gorilla Monsoon saying it was real, so we believed it.

Saw Hogan blade in a match some time after that and that was that for belief.
Y

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »
At one time, the Georgia Tag Champions were Ivan Koloff and Alexis Smirnoff...they would win matches by working on the arm, make opponents submit to a driving hammerlock-type hold...they had lost the belts to some team (I think the Andersons during one of their face runs) and Gordon Solie, in announcing the rematch, mentioned that the Soviet Embassy was watching the situation closely...I actually thought the Russians would be sent to Siberia if they lost the rematch.   :-\
~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
At one time, the Georgia Tag Champions were Ivan Koloff and Alexis Smirnoff...they would win matches by working on the arm, make opponents submit to a driving hammerlock-type hold...they had lost the belts to some team (I think the Andersons during one of their face runs) and Gordon Solie, in announcing the rematch, mentioned that the Soviet Embassy was watching the situation closely...I actually thought the Russians would be sent to Siberia if they lost the rematch.   :-\

Classic! ;D