Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 22, 2014, 01:04:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating on a diet  (Read 3290 times)
Cleanest Natural
Competitors
Getbig V

Diet first, all else second

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »

I am trying to get ripped. So I do a diet with meat and veggies and some good fats. Anyway.. every fourth day or so I eat once all and everything I want.

What are your oppinions on this? Does this helps or hinders the fatloss?

PS: As soon as I hit 7% or so bodyfat I will stop this routine, drop the veggies and eat strictly lean meats and good fats.
Report to moderator   Logged
chrisdaniel33
Getbig II

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:09:08 AM »

IMO... Don't just eat a cheat meal every 4 days based on the fact that its been 4 days since you last cheated.. Push the diet as long as you can and eat just enough to remain hungry. Sometimes you might make it 4 days perfect and strict another time you might make it 10 days -2 weeks. Only eat a cheat meal if you stop getting a pump when training. This is a sign you need to eat a dirty meal. If you keep sodium high while dieting and start your day off with carbs at meal 1 you should be good to go for a week or two before you really need any dirty food.
Purge_WTF
Getbig V

Constitution Party forever.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »

Good advice from CD. Four days is too frequent.

Psalm 23.
Cleanest Natural
Competitors
Getbig V

Diet first, all else second

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:52 AM »

Good advice from CD. Four days is too frequent.
I feel so as well .. I will push it as much as I can before giving in  Grin
bigmc
Getbig V

The Y board are the GET BIG ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:42 AM »

I am trying to get ripped. So I do a diet with meat and veggies and some good fats. Anyway.. every fourth day or so I eat once all and everything I want.

PS: As soon as I hit 7% or so bodyfat I will stop this routine, drop the veggies and eat strictly lean meats and good fats.

cheat days are good every four days might hinder you a bit try one in 7

T
snx
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »

When dieting for contest, I do it like this. I set BF% targets. When I get there, I have a cheat day.

So, basically, everytime I drop 1% BF, I get a cheat day. If the BF% doesn't come down, I don't get to cheat.

Sometimes, I'll go only 4-5 days and get another cheat day. Sometimes, I go two or three weeks. It is what it is.

This is only when dieting.

During everyday living, I just eat whatever I want on Sundays.
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:22:53 AM »

Cheat days are for the weak minded.  Once I get into a diet zone, I don't want to break out of it. I get to a point where I don't even want to eat bad food.  It doesn't appeal to me.
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:25 AM »

* 282250_10151065398797511_1565959552_n copy.jpg (103.1 KB, 401x500 - viewed 852 times.)
Mr Nobody
Getbig V

Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »

Sev, I always went 6 days then on the 7th had the cheat meal worked well for me for contest training 4 is a little too frequent just my opinion. So Mon-Sat diet Sun cheat meal.
Mr Anabolic
Getbig IV

"If you don't have it... then don't hit it"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »

A few years back when I lived in So Cal I was on a strict diet to get in shape for summer.  I was so sick of eating brocolli, rice, chicken and fish for weeks on end.  I was food shopping and made a turn down the cereal aisle.  I must have gotten weak and bought an economy sized box of Lucky Charms.  When I got home I ate the entire box... it was fucking awesome!
Wiggs
Getbig V

Child of Y'srael

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 11:47:18 AM »

A few years back when I lived in So Cal I was on a strict diet to get in shape for summer.  I was so sick of eating brocolli, rice, chicken and fish for weeks on end.  I was food shopping and made a turn down the cereal aisle.  I must have gotten weak and bought an economy sized box of Lucky Charms.  When I got home I ate the entire box... it was fucking awesome!

lol

bigmc
Getbig V

The Y board are the GET BIG ELITE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

haha

never shop when your hungry

T
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

lol
THERE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS...

$
dr.chimps
Getbig V

Bunch Commander

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

Sev setting his troll line shallow.
Onetimehard
Competitors II
Getbig V

Jasher

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:59 AM »

Keep in mind Sev has a very fast metabolism so I think he can get away with 1 every 4, although I would probably do 1 every 6 if I were him but the average person would need to stretch it once a week.
Onetimehard
Competitors II
Getbig V

Jasher

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »

When dieting for contest, I do it like this. I set BF% targets. When I get there, I have a cheat day.

So, basically, everytime I drop 1% BF, I get a cheat day. If the BF% doesn't come down, I don't get to cheat.

Sometimes, I'll go only 4-5 days and get another cheat day. Sometimes, I go two or three weeks. It is what it is.

This is only when dieting.

During everyday living, I just eat whatever I want on Sundays.
Yes this is what I do as well, although mine is set to when I reach a certain weight, usually from 3-6lb loss, I aim for 10 cheat days in 12 weeks, however I always get there early, always.
snx
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 12:04:04 PM »

Yes this is what I do as well, although mine is set to when I reach a certain weight, usually from 3-6lb loss, I aim for 10 cheat days in 12 weeks, however I always get there early, always.

My weight fluctuates due to water retention so easily depending on what I'm running, and what not. That's why I can't rely on bodyweight, much as I'd like to.

That's why I used BF%. But for a guy like you who's dieted for many more shows than I have, you know your body better.
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

Where are my brave brothers and sisters?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »

Why would you diet to get ripped? This is only for folks with decent muscle mass.
Onetimehard
Competitors II
Getbig V

Jasher

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:57 PM »

My weight fluctuates due to water retention so easily depending on what I'm running, and what not. That's why I can't rely on bodyweight, much as I'd like to.

That's why I used BF%. But for a guy like you who's dieted for many more shows than I have, you know your body better.
Oh doing it by bodyfat % is way better, I am pretty consistent with my the degree of water I have in me. Hey bro been meaning to ask you, do you ever go to any of the shows in south ontario or even the Toronto pro?
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:57 PM »

Cheat meals actually end up making me feel like shit than feeling better.  It's like a hard night driking, always feel like shit afterwards. 
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »

2000-2500 calories, eat whatever you want to fill them.  Simple as that.  That way you won`t ever have to make a thread such as this ever again.

E
Rami
Getbig V

at large

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »

a diet like that will go just fine, until you awaken instinctual starvation appetite and you will rebound like a mofo being absolutely insatiable for 3 days and then you can't get back to the diet for awhile.
snx
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

2000-2500 calories, eat whatever you want to fill them.  Simple as that.  That way you won`t ever have to make a thread such as this ever again.

TA - do you always eat that much? I know you're pretty lean all the time, but you've got to go over 2500kcal on some days? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Hanukkah? Kwanzaa?
Onetimehard
Competitors II
Getbig V

Jasher

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

a diet like that will go just fine, until you awaken instinctual starvation appetite and you will rebound like a mofo being absolutely insatiable for 3 days and then you can't get back to the diet for awhile.
If you have the will power of a sissy
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »

2000-2500 is probably too much to lean out.  The average person needs that amount just to stay level.  To really start leaning down they need to get to about 1500-2000 max.  Macros are still important as well.  Eating just 2000 calories of carbs will not help to retain muscle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!