Author Topic: Cheating on a diet  (Read 5862 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Cheating on a diet
« on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »
I am trying to get ripped. So I do a diet with meat and veggies and some good fats. Anyway.. every fourth day or so I eat once all and everything I want.

What are your oppinions on this? Does this helps or hinders the fatloss?

PS: As soon as I hit 7% or so bodyfat I will stop this routine, drop the veggies and eat strictly lean meats and good fats.

chrisdaniel33

• Getbig II
Re: Cheating on a diet
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:09:08 AM »
IMO... Don't just eat a cheat meal every 4 days based on the fact that its been 4 days since you last cheated.. Push the diet as long as you can and eat just enough to remain hungry. Sometimes you might make it 4 days perfect and strict another time you might make it 10 days -2 weeks. Only eat a cheat meal if you stop getting a pump when training. This is a sign you need to eat a dirty meal. If you keep sodium high while dieting and start your day off with carbs at meal 1 you should be good to go for a week or two before you really need any dirty food.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:10:33 AM »
Good advice from CD. Four days is too frequent.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19:52 AM »
Good advice from CD. Four days is too frequent.
I feel so as well .. I will push it as much as I can before giving in  ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »
I am trying to get ripped. So I do a diet with meat and veggies and some good fats. Anyway.. every fourth day or so I eat once all and everything I want.

PS: As soon as I hit 7% or so bodyfat I will stop this routine, drop the veggies and eat strictly lean meats and good fats.

cheat days are good every four days might hinder you a bit try one in 7
T

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
When dieting for contest, I do it like this. I set BF% targets. When I get there, I have a cheat day.

So, basically, everytime I drop 1% BF, I get a cheat day. If the BF% doesn't come down, I don't get to cheat.

Sometimes, I'll go only 4-5 days and get another cheat day. Sometimes, I go two or three weeks. It is what it is.

This is only when dieting.

During everyday living, I just eat whatever I want on Sundays.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »
Cheat days are for the weak minded.  Once I get into a diet zone, I don't want to break out of it. I get to a point where I don't even want to eat bad food.  It doesn't appeal to me.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:04 AM »

Sev, I always went 6 days then on the 7th had the cheat meal worked well for me for contest training 4 is a little too frequent just my opinion. So Mon-Sat diet Sun cheat meal.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »
A few years back when I lived in So Cal I was on a strict diet to get in shape for summer.  I was so sick of eating brocolli, rice, chicken and fish for weeks on end.  I was food shopping and made a turn down the cereal aisle.  I must have gotten weak and bought an economy sized box of Lucky Charms.  When I got home I ate the entire box... it was fucking awesome!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »
A few years back when I lived in So Cal I was on a strict diet to get in shape for summer.  I was so sick of eating brocolli, rice, chicken and fish for weeks on end.  I was food shopping and made a turn down the cereal aisle.  I must have gotten weak and bought an economy sized box of Lucky Charms.  When I got home I ate the entire box... it was fucking awesome!

lol

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »

haha

never shop when your hungry
T

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
Sev setting his troll line shallow.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »
Keep in mind Sev has a very fast metabolism so I think he can get away with 1 every 4, although I would probably do 1 every 6 if I were him but the average person would need to stretch it once a week.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 10:58:29 AM »
When dieting for contest, I do it like this. I set BF% targets. When I get there, I have a cheat day.

So, basically, everytime I drop 1% BF, I get a cheat day. If the BF% doesn't come down, I don't get to cheat.

Sometimes, I'll go only 4-5 days and get another cheat day. Sometimes, I go two or three weeks. It is what it is.

This is only when dieting.

During everyday living, I just eat whatever I want on Sundays.
Yes this is what I do as well, although mine is set to when I reach a certain weight, usually from 3-6lb loss, I aim for 10 cheat days in 12 weeks, however I always get there early, always.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »
Yes this is what I do as well, although mine is set to when I reach a certain weight, usually from 3-6lb loss, I aim for 10 cheat days in 12 weeks, however I always get there early, always.

My weight fluctuates due to water retention so easily depending on what I'm running, and what not. That's why I can't rely on bodyweight, much as I'd like to.

That's why I used BF%. But for a guy like you who's dieted for many more shows than I have, you know your body better.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
Why would you diet to get ripped? This is only for folks with decent muscle mass.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 11:08:57 AM »
My weight fluctuates due to water retention so easily depending on what I'm running, and what not. That's why I can't rely on bodyweight, much as I'd like to.

That's why I used BF%. But for a guy like you who's dieted for many more shows than I have, you know your body better.
Oh doing it by bodyfat % is way better, I am pretty consistent with my the degree of water I have in me. Hey bro been meaning to ask you, do you ever go to any of the shows in south ontario or even the Toronto pro?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »
Cheat meals actually end up making me feel like shit than feeling better.  It's like a hard night driking, always feel like shit afterwards. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »

2000-2500 calories, eat whatever you want to fill them.  Simple as that.  That way you won`t ever have to make a thread such as this ever again.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »

a diet like that will go just fine, until you awaken instinctual starvation appetite and you will rebound like a mofo being absolutely insatiable for 3 days and then you can't get back to the diet for awhile.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »
2000-2500 calories, eat whatever you want to fill them.  Simple as that.  That way you won`t ever have to make a thread such as this ever again.

TA - do you always eat that much? I know you're pretty lean all the time, but you've got to go over 2500kcal on some days? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Hanukkah? Kwanzaa?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
a diet like that will go just fine, until you awaken instinctual starvation appetite and you will rebound like a mofo being absolutely insatiable for 3 days and then you can't get back to the diet for awhile.
If you have the will power of a sissy

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:04 PM »

2000-2500 is probably too much to lean out.  The average person needs that amount just to stay level.  To really start leaning down they need to get to about 1500-2000 max.  Macros are still important as well.  Eating just 2000 calories of carbs will not help to retain muscle.