Author Topic: Dog or cat ?  (Read 41281 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Dog or cat ?
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
Cats eat/kill billions of rodents and birds each year. Just a couple of cats could take care of rodent problem on most small farms.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cats-kill-billions-20b-animals-eaten-or-killed-yearly

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »
  I love Cats and Dogs.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »
a poem i wrote some years ago about cats ;D

Big Cats (06-2007).

Roar lion roar
You are the king
In any war
Victory your bring

Go tiger go
With your mighty will
Use your jaw
Tear, fight, and, kill

Creep leopard creep
With no fear
Silence you keep
Till you catch that deer

Hop jaguar hop
Jump from the tree
Attack this antelope
Don't let him flee

Run Cheetah run
With a proud face
You are number one
When we make a race

Come on puma come on
Beat this bear
She is half a ton
But you don't care.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Dogs all the way. I have a 5 dogs (french bulldog, english bulldog, mini-english bulldog and 2 pomeranians) and they keep our house full of entertainment.  

This video says it all.   You will never see a cat trained to do this.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/super-funny-driving-dogs/

http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/the-cool-dog/
Wait for it....

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
I got a dog and a cat, but I always preferred cats..

This cat gets this month´s Honey Badger Award....it just doesn´t give a shit   8)

Cats....by far. Tho I do like dogs.

Ive mostly had the long haired ones. They are bred for their bright, affectionate, gentle natures. Ive said it before and I'll say it again they're my fur kids and if anyone ever laid a finder in either of them well it would be their last day on earth. I'd do time for my pets if need be. The more I get to know how cool and what awesome creatures they are the more I disdain the human race for some reason.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:03 AM »
Dogs easily, nothing for cats. Slapped one across the face the other day for scratching. Cant go past a loyal dog.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
you didn't write that. also please tell the writer that lions dont fight in wars.

a poem i wrote some years ago about cats ;D

Big Cats (06-2007).

Roar lion roar
You are the king
In any war
Victory your bring

Go tiger go
With your mighty will
Use your jaw
Tear, fight, and, kill

Creep leopard creep
With no fear
Silence you keep
Till you catch that deer

Hop jaguar hop
Jump from the tree
Attack this antelope
Don't let him flee

Run Cheetah run
With a proud face
You are number one
When we make a race

Come on puma come on
Beat this bear
She is half a ton
But you don't care.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »
Cats are disgusting creatures with limited intelligence.  Dog any day.

Lol, cats are clean by nature FYI. They clean themselves incessantly and bury their poop unlike the other four legged variety  ;D

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »
  I love Cats and Dogs.

Good man. Any true animal lover will usually love both.
Anyway, this t-shirt says it all......

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »
Humans do have an innate aversion to cats.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »
Dogs easily, nothing for cats. Slapped one across the face the other day for scratching. Cant go past a loyal dog.
Why would you slap a cat in the face?  That's weird and cruel.  No wonder the cat scratched you, it obviously could sense that you are cruel around cats and didn't like you.  No animal deserves to be hurt or mistreated.  There are no excuses ever!

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »
scratched my 2 yrold nephew across the arm for no reason.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:41 PM »
Most cats don't like two year olds because they are rough with animals and hurt them not intentionally though. 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »
Most cats don't like two year olds because they are rough with animals and hurt them not intentionally though. 

what about moose? specifically, moose knuckles?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »
what about moose? specifically, moose knuckles?

LOL, either way I slapped that pussy teach it a lesson.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
Why would you slap a cat in the face?  That's weird and cruel.  No wonder the cat scratched you, it obviously could sense that you are cruel around cats and didn't like you.  No animal deserves to be hurt or mistreated.  There are no excuses ever!
I don't agree with that, how do you propose you pull a pitbulls jaws of a two year olds face during one of it's regular mauling sessions.  Just ask it nicely!  And like any behaviour, punishment has it's place. 

Some animals respond well to physical discipline or the threat of it.  Cats simply DO NOT. 
Any hint of a threat of physical punishment and you risk having that cat as an enemy for life and more than likely worsen any problem behaviour, if you piss a cat of, they find ways to do the same to you, some times in amusing ways.  Anyway, a squirt from a water bottle can be an effective way to discipline a cat, but must be done during or right after the problem behaviour.  Cats can be next to impossible to discipline, they simply don't respond very well, fortunately most domestic cats are very clever and not in need of any severe discipline.  And it may appear that a cat will scratch for no reason, but the cat won't see it that way, you really have too take the time to get to know your cat, some cats won't accept being handled in a certain way, or being petted in a certain spot, generally a swipe with a little bit of claw is a warning to modify how you treat the cat, be mindful of what you are doing while spending time with the cat, it won't take long for you to work out why it is behaving the way it does.
V

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
I don't agree with that, how do you propose you pull a pitbulls jaws of a two year olds face during one of it's regular mauling sessions.  Just ask it nicely!  And like any behaviour, punishment has it's place. 
Some animals respond well to physical discipline or the threat of it.  Cats simply DO NOT. 
Any hint of a threat of physical punishment and you risk having that cat as an enemy for life and more than likely worsen any problem behaviour, if you piss a cat of, they find ways to do the same to you, some times in amusing ways.  Anyway, a squirt from a water bottle can be an effective way to discipline a cat, but must be done during or right after the problem behaviour.  Cats can be next to impossible to discipline, they simply don't respond very well, fortunately most domestic cats are very clever and not in need of any severe discipline.  And it may appear that a cat will scratch for no reason, but the cat won't see it that way, you really have too take the time to get to know your cat, some cats won't accept being handled in a certain way, or being petted in a certain spot, generally a swipe with a little bit of claw is a warning to modify how you treat the cat, be mindful of what you are doing while spending time with the cat, it won't take long for you to work out why it is behaving the way it does.
A cat isn't a pitbull.  And in most cases I believe it's the owner who made the dog vicious and mistreated for it to attack and hate people.  I grew up with a doberman and my family treated it like a human and she was so incredibly sweet and loveable.  Of course she would attack probably if she sensed someone was going to hurt one of us, but otherwise she was very gentle.  I have pics of my 6 month old son sleeping in bed and our doberman and my lab on the end of the bed sleeping too.  I trusted her around my children, I knew she would never ever hurt them or bite them.  She was raised in a loving caring environment.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
taken by me :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
taken by me :D

LOL. I had a cat just like the black and white one came home one day my dog had killed it broke it's neck, sad.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
A cat isn't a pitbull.  And in most cases I believe it's the owner who made the dog vicious and mistreated for it to attack and hate people.  I grew up with a doberman and my family treated it like a human and she was so incredibly sweet and loveable.  Of course she would attack probably if she sensed someone was going to hurt one of us, but otherwise she was very gentle.  I have pics of my 6 month old son sleeping in bed and our doberman and my lab on the end of the bed sleeping too.  I trusted her around my children, I knew she would never ever hurt them or bite them.  She was raised in a loving caring environment.
Nobody was saying a cat is a pitbull, you said animals never deserve to be hurt or mistreated ever.  Which is nonsense, if you find yourself getting mauled by a pitbull you will soon kindly beat that fucker to death.  And Dobermans aren't pitbulls, and the nonsense belief that "It's how you raise them" is simply propaganda that is used by dangerous dog owners who try and convince the naive public, it contradicts the existence of every other behavior-specific breed on the planet  The BLOODLINES is everything, check out the name of the UKC's magazine, it's called BLOODLINES for a reason.  If it was simply a matter of training, you could easily use any one of the 400 odd available breeds to teach how to fight.  Heelers don't need to be trained to nip at the heel of a cow, Pointers don't need to be trained to Point, Bugles don't need to be trained to bugle, Greyhounds don't need to be trained to Run Fast, thanks to their genetics, it occurs to them naturally, same way aggression does in fighting breeds of dog.  If you owned a dangerous breed of dog, and it was well behaved, it's not because as an owner you have some miraculous Loving and Nurturing ability, you have simply received a dog from a sensible breeder, who has successfully bred out the aggression over generations.  

This is why decades ago when Dobermans and German Shephards received negative press for the numerous attacks, those involved in the breed made it a point to breed this aggression out as best they could, and for the most part, they have done a reasonable job.  This will never happen with pitbulls, the favourite breed of dog linked to scumbags, and no amount of well meaning breeders can fix the problem.  I can show you pics of children laying with Pitbulls, who were killed not long after the photo was taken, pictures of children with dangerous breeds of dogs is not proof that the dog is safe, I can show you pictures of children with Lions and Crocodiles, doesn't make Lions and Crocodiles safe for humans to co-exist with.  The following is a recent photo of a couple holidaying in Africa, moments after this photo was taken, the Bull rhino charged and speared the woman leaving her with collapsed lung and broken ribs.  Photos mean nothing!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262869/Couple-attacked-rhinos-Photo-shows-Chantal-Beyer-moments-gored-rhinoceros.html#ixzz2JoX8rTsg

V

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »

Exactly. No excuse whatsoever to be cruel to an animal unless its in self defense or your life is in danger. I remember watching a tv segment where the vet said a dog or a cat never learns from being hit they have no idea what they did two seconds after it happened. An animal will Only learn from being rewarded when its good. A cat will never usually attack someone for no reason unless its been provoked. I'd say if someone can't treat an animal with respect then they shouldn't have one at all or be around one. Every pet deserves a loving home where its safe from predators and can live a happy life with people who raise it the "right" way not hitting or slapping. That's just not. No way. Not ever.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »

Agreed. An animal will always respond much better to reward rather than punishment. People who think using ANY form of physical violence to intimidate or control an animal has serious mental problems. Its a well known fact most serial killers, wife beaters, pedophiles, and rapists start off by torturing and abusing animals. That's why there are laws against abuse and protection of animals. Ive got no time. patience, or tolerance for weak mongols who go around hitting something weaker than themselves. Just weak fucking bastards.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
but when my kid was around 2 he was very nice with our cat ;D

I know which one I'd be "disciplining".

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2013, 03:51:51 AM »
but when my kid was around 2 he was very nice with our cat ;D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=178699777095&set=vb.712307095&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=211278967095&set=vb.712307095&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150189383697096&set=vb.712307095&type=3&permPage=1

Mate, you're fucked up and so is your bitch of wife or whoever it is laughing in the background. If I saw that brat do that to either of my cats I'd smash its face in. You're teaching that brat nothing. Shit parents both of you. You should be reported to the RSPCA for cruelty.