Author Topic: Is the NFL peaking out?  (Read 5060 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Is the NFL peaking out?
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
RAvens will put 9 in the box and make Kaepernick beat them with his arm. Should be a real interesting game.

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »
Football has been around a long time and will continue to be until the end of the world.

Glad to see that you've brought your point of view, it's a great contribution.  ::)

I said it's peaking, attendance has appeared to peek 5 years ago, and now each team gets 200 mill a year in just tv contracts, where do you set the limit on how far the league can go if not here?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »
I don't watch espn or listen to any sports analyst.  I just watch sports.   IM glad you think kaepernick will be good so long as he is healthy
LOL youre boys going down tomorrow and mark my words drizzle youll be yelling for his ass to be benched next season

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »

I do agree with this right up until you mentioned Cam. Defenses definitely haven't figured him out as he had a better year than last year. He's a machine.  The RG example is a good one though.
I agree he is a beast but the defenses definitely had a better handle on him this year over last year.

I was at the game they played the Texans at last year and that guy is a fucking moose. He is the tallest guy in the huddle, I think I mistook him for a lineman more than once.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 07:27:17 PM »
And what other sport would supplant it?  Baseball is in actual serious decline and considered an old person's sport.  Hockey is too regional, basketball too thuggish and black, and soccer is lame. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 07:29:11 PM »
evolution, my friend...
gimmicks buddy, problem these guys will have is staying healthy and aging. The supply of fast defenders is endless so unless you want to use a rookie QB every year these guys better learn from tom brady, mannings, brees etc.

Those are the types of QB's that will always be around these guys are only good so long as they are faster, can stay healthy and the defense doesnt figure them out.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »
And what other sport would supplant it?  Baseball is in actual serious decline and considered an old person's sport.  Hockey is too regional, basketball too thuggish and black, and soccer is lame. 
curling?

I could watch that shit all day....

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Soccer is prob going to benefit the most :D suckers. I like soccer.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 10:37:06 PM »
Lol Kaepernick isn't going anywhere. He's far from just being a running qb. He can beat you with his arm. He can beat with his kill plays at the line of scrimmage. Dude has no flinch in him ala Brett Farve

He won't be benched next year and his team is set up for many superbowl runs in the years to come. Top to bottom that organization is loaded.  Owner. Coaching staff. Players. 13 draft picks next year.

Cam don't have the mental make up this Kap kid does.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 12:11:16 AM »
LOL youre boys going down tomorrow and mark my words drizzle youll be yelling for his ass to be benched next season
we will see. if he does play like shit, we still got alex smith on the roster and can keep him for next year. his passer rating was the best in the league before he got that concussion which allowed kaepernick to start.

but, i think kaepernick is going to do just fine. when he runs the ball he is faster than the d line and line backers and bigger than the secondary.  when he throws, he has one of the strongest arms in the entire league. he can put more speed on a football than anybody.  the offensive line is one of the best in the league, he has a hallf of fame running back behind him, and a hall of fame wide reciever to pass to.  plus crabtree and vernon davis who are both major studs.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 04:38:46 AM »
The NFL is an unbelievable brand. Because there isn't many games in a year, the NFL will be a force for decades to come.  As long as people sit around and drink boatloads of beer, the NFL is here to stay.

This is a key thing. It's only on for a certain time. They arn't overdoing it. If they ran it year round people would get bored or not care but because it's only like half the year, it's a big deal all the time.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 04:40:15 AM »
Lol if that don`t sound like a bubble I don`t know what is.

Yeah don`t get me wrong, it`s not just the fantasy stuff or any of that, it`s the simple fact that these days theirs nothing on television but sports.

I`ve always despised watching sports, but quite frankly theirs nothing else on tv these days.

I think sports is gonna be a main source of entertainment for a long time to come.

I would however really like to see a rugby league in North America, it`s like the nfl only not slow as shit.

Only sport that could destroy the NFL and make it look average but i am sure the NFL has things in place to stop it.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 06:00:16 AM »
maybe, maybe not.  his performance in green bay three weeks ago was foreshadowing a new breed of quarterback though. tall, FAST, incredible arm strength, ball speed, and good accuracy.  that read option, along with a good back like gore, is enough to make any team of linebackers have a heart attack.

I highly suspect your pants were down when you typed this.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Lol Kaepernick isn't going anywhere. He's far from just being a running qb. He can beat you with his arm. He can beat with his kill plays at the line of scrimmage. Dude has no flinch in him ala Brett Farve

He won't be benched next year and his team is set up for many superbowl runs in the years to come. Top to bottom that organization is loaded.  Owner. Coaching staff. Players. 13 draft picks next year.

LOL this kid has made a handful of good throws and you morons are already saying he can beat you with his arm...::)

goodness gracious you idiots drink the kool aid way to fast.

The organization is set up great and that doesnt include Kaepernick. You really think he would have been the QB he has without gore, without the receiving core without the defense?

he isnt even back up quality on the majority of the NFL teams.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »

This.  Cam is one incomplete pass from being the next Jamarcus russell

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
we will see. if he does play like shit, we still got alex smith on the roster and can keep him for next year. his passer rating was the best in the league before he got that concussion which allowed kaepernick to start.

but, i think kaepernick is going to do just fine. when he runs the ball he is faster than the d line and line backers and bigger than the secondary.  when he throws, he has one of the strongest arms in the entire league. he can put more speed on a football than anybody.  the offensive line is one of the best in the league, he has a hallf of fame running back behind him, and a hall of fame wide reciever to pass to.  plus crabtree and vernon davis who are both major studs.

I agree I would have had alex smith starting as soon as he was healthy. Now you have a decent qb sitting on the bench put off by the whole situation while a gimmick is out there starting. When the gimmick loses its shine and you have to go back to the guy who while not a great qb but decent he is going to stay?

You really think that in the open field kaepernick is going to intimidate an ed reed or a Bernard Pollard?

I hope he gets free today with pollard bearing down on him. Lol you remember that hit he put on the Patriots running back that knocked him out 2 weeks ago?

LOL look im not putting down the 49ers they are a great team with all pro talent all over the place. What I am saying is Kaepernick isnt going to be the new style of QB, running qb's are gimmicks. Its great to have a qb that can scramble for 15-20 yards every now and again but to rely on a qb's legs just isnt sustainable.
how do you think kaepernick is going to react to being hit like that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:02 AM »
This.  Cam is one incomplete pass from being the next Jamarcus russell
Cam also hasnt had an all pro running back, an all pro receiving core and an all pro defense on his team either.

Kaepernick wouldnt even be the back up on the Panthers. Cam is bigger, stronger and faster than Kaepernick.

I dont think Cam is a good qb either but his potential is a shit ton better than kaepernicks.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »
Could ask the same question: is college football peaking out?  No, to both either question.
F

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
Could ask the same question: is college football peaking out?  No, to both either question.
college football has made a few changes in terms of conferences and will be going to a playoff system here in the next few seasons.

Ive never been a big football fan but have started watching more of it and will probably watch more next season too.

MikMaq

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2013, 05:03:24 PM »
No one is saying it has to be replaced, there is plenty of room for other leagues and sports, the false ownership of all sporting as we know it has to go. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
Bump...you morons will be yelling for a new QB come mid next season especially after that little fairy gets put on his ass.

MikMaq

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 06:39:02 AM »
Do you think the power outage might of been a sign, like seriously how embarrassing for a multi billion dollar sport.

MikMaq

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »
It`s been proven totally peaked