Author Topic: A word to the haters who call me small - here is a pic  (Read 183681 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Re: A word to the haters who call me small - here is a pic
« Reply #1675 on: February 19, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
Elbows around low peck level arms 90 degrees
Shoulders come in on last few reps.

People say you cant get big muscles without compound movements, its bollocks, the muscle doesn't know what exercise its doing it just knows it fails at some point.
A bicep contracts and moves the hand to the shoulder, does it matter if it does it with a cable or a barbell?

hey hey now i like cables too, but only cause i wear high quality ralph lauren collogne to the gym and free weights make me sweat too much .... doesnt mix well.
but...compound movements involve the most muscle groups and since you can use more weight have the most potential to cause more trauma (and a better chance for a muscle to grow back larger). do you think ronnie coleman did 585 pound front squats and 800lb deadlifts for the endorphin rush
l

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #1676 on: February 19, 2013, 10:58:41 AM »
i wear high quality ralph lauren collogne to the gym

???

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
l

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1678 on: February 19, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
hey hey now i like cables too, but only cause i wear high quality ralph lauren collogne to the gym and free weights make me sweat too much .... doesnt mix well.
but...compound movements involve the most muscle groups and since you can use more weight have the most potential to cause more trauma (and a better chance for a muscle to grow back larger). do you think ronnie coleman did 585 pound front squats and 800lb deadlifts for the endorphin rush

i think he did them cause it's fun to show off for the camera / lift a huge weight once in a while.  absolutely nothing to do with his muscle development.

ukjeff

« Reply #1679 on: February 19, 2013, 11:05:41 AM »
but...compound movements involve the most muscle groups and since you can use more weight have the most potential to cause more trauma (and a better chance for a muscle to grow back larger).
Muscles dont know weight, they only know failure.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1680 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
Pec deck works the chest very well but i can do most any stack for 30 reps. Dont think thats pushing my chest to new growth. Compound free weight movements rule, always will. if you see some yoked up dude doing cables or machines it's because he already built the requisite size from free weights

ukjeff

« Reply #1681 on: February 19, 2013, 11:25:32 AM »
Ok everyone, flex your pecs.......
Now, did you hold your arms out horizontally in front of you to squeeze the pec muscle and contract it to its maximum?

Of course you didn't, you will have clasped your hands together at waist height and crunched your pecs together.

does that tell you that a compound exercise like bench press for chest isnt really going to do all that much for isolating your pecs?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1682 on: February 19, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »

ill tell you this right now. If bodybuilding was my profession and my goal was to be best in the world... i wouldnt take the chance, Id be using the heaviest weights to failure with perfect form every time i stepped in the gym. when bodybuilding is your profession you cant leave any stone unturned..... For anyone else I agree it's silly, don't waste your time killing yourself if your not being payed. .

ps..i know you like to be a smartass and  all but your arguing with the wrong guy, this shit doesnt mean that much to me ;D...so dont waste your time

l

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #1683 on: February 19, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
what about amount of tension, and time under this tension, myofibrilar and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy

etc etc

i skimmed thru a book "science of strength training" by zatsiorsky or something (desperately looking for the secret to muscles)

it was quite complex, not just "muscles dont know weight, they only know failure"

not sure about this

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1684 on: February 19, 2013, 11:53:12 AM »
i think he did them cause it's fun to show off for the camera / lift a huge weight once in a while.  absolutely nothing to do with his muscle development.

just my opinion bro. I think when your on 10 grams of gear like ronnie, androgen receptor  saturation, gene factors and growth factors are activated in training where as with normal people they are not and machines just wont cut it at that level of hormone use.  everyone says when your on a pros stack you can grow walking to the fridge but i think the opposite. of course when your on alot of shit its easy to get to 200 210 220 and for those gifted guys 230  240.....but to be a real freak 270 280 290 i think training is very important. dorian 405 inclines, mike francois strong as fuck two of the densest guys of all time....then  at the other end of the spectrum you have genetic defects like kuclo who close grip 405 for 10 and are 6% bf and look like glazed donuts so ill just stop talking...

im out of this thread :P gave up on trying to figure out this sport a long time ago

l

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1685 on: February 19, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
i think he did them cause it's fun to show off for the camera / lift a huge weight once in a while.  absolutely nothing to do with his muscle development.
You don't dead/squat 800#'s at will. Obviously he trained heavy enough that those #'s were within reach.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1686 on: February 19, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »
77 pages. Jesus christ.  ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #1687 on: February 19, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »

Well, you can quickly reach failure doing ultra slow curls with 10lb dumbells but it will
never cause the adaptation that heavier weights would. Muscles know tension.
Doesn't matter if it's isolation or compound movements, the higher the tension the better.

If we take the bench press. If you do wide grip benches, somewhat fast motion with quick reversal of motion in the stretched out position, the tension on the pectoralis will be huge. it would be very hard to duplicate with a pec deck. Wonder why no one tears pecs on pec decks? The tension is too low.

BUT... the heavier the load the greater the injury risk. If there was no injury risk, hypothetically, the heavier the better.

Every pro instinctively knows this, even if they claim the contrary. How many of them use TOO MUCH weight to even do the exercises correctly? ALL OF THEM, pretty much.

Milos was always preaching how load doesn't matter. Then how come he did those 900lb hacks and 6 plate squats when he could have achieved the same with 225lbs?  ???

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1688 on: February 19, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
  how many ifbb pros use var? ronnie? jay? dex? of course they do.

ukjeff

« Reply #1689 on: February 19, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »
Id be using the heaviest weights to failure with perfect form every time i stepped in the gym.
oxymoron.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1690 on: February 19, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »
Well, you can quickly reach failure doing ultra slow curls with 10lb dumbells but it will
Doesn't matter if it's isolation or compound movements, the higher the tension the better.

If we take the bench press. If you do wide grip benches, somewhat fast motion with quick reversal of motion in the stretched out position, the tension on the pectoralis will be huge. it would be very hard to duplicate with a pec deck. Wonder why no one tears pecs on pec decks? The tension is too low.

BUT... the heavier the load the greater the injury risk. If there was no injury risk, hypothetically, the heavier the better.

Every pro instinctively knows this, even if they claim the contrary. How many of them use TOO MUCH weight to even do the exercises correctly? ALL OF THEM, pretty much.

Milos was always preaching how load doesn't matter. Then how come he did those 900lb hacks and 6 plate squats when he could have achieved the same with 225lbs?  ???
BOOM! Van B dropping knowledge

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1691 on: February 19, 2013, 01:02:02 PM »
  how many ifbb pros use var? ronnie? jay? dex? of course they do.
Of course pros leave no stone unturned when it comes to AAS compounds. Var is far too expensive in the doses needed to see anything appreciable for the average Joe though. T-bol is a much better choice. JMO

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1692 on: February 19, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »
  I agree   just saying that when I do use it, I am far stronger     it works for strength more than most other ped

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1693 on: February 19, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
  I agree   just saying that when I do use it, I am far stronger     it works for strength more than most other ped
Yes def agree. Very good strenght gains and some hardening up. Just the "finishing touch", ya know?  ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1694 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
  Yep  ;)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1695 on: February 19, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »

what the fuck

i keep getting confused on getbig

one day it's "go heavy fool!"

the other day it's "dont ego lift, squeeze, rep and pump"

i dont know what to do

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1696 on: February 19, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
what the fuck

i keep getting confused on getbig

one day it's "go heavy fool!"

the other day it's "dont ego lift, squeeze, rep and pump"

i dont know what to do
Just because you are going heavy doesnt mean you compromise form. What do you think is gonna make your chest bigger, a heavy set of 8 on incline or a set of 12-15 on the pecdeck? Everyone is diff and responds diff, of course, but most large bb types I have come across are lifting heavy ass weights

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1697 on: February 19, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
Just because you are going heavy doesnt mean you compromise form. What do you think is gonna make your chest bigger, a heavy set of 8 on incline or a set of 12-15 on the pecdeck? Everyone is diff and responds diff, of course, but most large bb types I have come across are lifting heavy ass weights
define form

when you go slow down and dont lock out arms for example, you cant go nearly as heavy as just decently controlled down but pretty fast and lock out each rep

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #1698 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
define form

when you go slow down and dont lock out arms for example, you cant go nearly as heavy as just decently controlled down but pretty fast and lock out each rep

You know what your problem is? Overanalysis.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1699 on: February 19, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »
define form

Just watch a Branch Warren training vid and do the exact opposite.  ;D Seriously PNS, are you fucking with me or what? You have been training a decade if I remember correct. You havent found the rep speed, form, etc that works for YOU the best yet?