Author Topic: Another brick in the wall for vegetarians...  (Read 13069 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Another brick in the wall for vegetarians...
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »

Yes, so it's a good thing neither of us is saying either of those things.

Exactly  ;D

Speaking of which I'm enjoying grilled chicken right now :D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »
Exactly  ;D

Speaking of which I'm enjoying grilled chicken right now :D

Nice!

I've got a big rack of ribs in the oven. Should have had them yesterday on the grill. It was 86 and sunny, but I had to go to a birthday party in the evening. Today turned cold, wet, and shitty. Temperature dropped 35 degrees and it's raining. I'm not pissing around with the grill in that.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 12:51:57 PM »
Weekend has sucked weather temps dropped her and it was wet and rainy the other day although its sunny today at least but cold... the whole week was mid 10s and even hit 20!... and the weekend ... drops to low single digits bah.. The good thing is the grass is turning full on deep green which is BEAUTIFUL! Some trees starting to grow tiny things on them too, can't wait till full blown summer!

Going to an arab buffet later in the evening... mmmm meat :D

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 02:16:30 AM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »
I've heard it from a few doctors and read before numerous times that... we cannot get all our protein from vegeterian sources for proper genetic proliferation... bottom line is I tried to be vegeterian in high school for what was it almost two years (long story why), and it was the worst experience ever. Wasted two precious years of my life. Started back up with fish, then chicken, then beef, then devouring whole lambs. Never looked back.

As a former vegeterian, felt miserably tired, weak, etc... its bs unless you want to be a skeleton. The few examples of bodybuilders who are vegeterian and have size... they probably have size because of their genetics more so than the food they are eating or not eating.

I always laugh at the arguments of vegeterians such as 'take protein powders' and 'take supplements' Oh I see...! Hit your head through a brick wall instead of admit you're doing it wrong.

Speak for yourself. YOU may have done it wrong. I did the vegetarian thing for nearly two years in high school as well. And, I did just fine.

Your diet SUCKED, pure and simple. And it had NOTHING to do with the absence of meat. Of course, you can get all of your protein needs from vegetable sources. I've done it, as have other people. It's about getting complete proteins. As I said earlier, either you consume the foods that are complete protein sources or you combine certain vegetables and grains with other complementary ones.

As long as the body gets the protein it needs in the right quality and quantity, it will grow REGARDLESS of the source(s) of that protein.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
^LOL

and

LOL @ you can get all your protein from vegetables. Maybe crap proteins.

I am eating chicken on skewers right now and don't care what you have to say :)

It's funny if someone were to google l-leucine vegan and how these vegeterians buy tubs of powders left and right to supplement what they don't get from meat.

Maybe grass works for cows, but we are not genetically cows. We need cow meat instead.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »
Speak for yourself. YOU may have done it wrong. I did the vegetarian thing for nearly two years in high school as well. And, I did just fine.

Your diet SUCKED, pure and simple. And it had NOTHING to do with the absence of meat. Of course, you can get all of your protein needs from vegetable sources. I've done it, as have other people. It's about getting complete proteins. As I said earlier, either you consume the foods that are complete protein sources or you combine certain vegetables and grains with other complementary ones.

As long as the body gets the protein it needs in the right quality and quantity, it will grow REGARDLESS of the source(s) of that protein.

Exactly!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 07:58:02 AM »
^LOL

and

It's funny if someone were to google l-leucine vegan and how these vegeterians buy tubs of powders left and right to supplement what they don't get from meat.

Maybe grass works for cows, but we are not genetically cows. We need cow meat instead.

Who was it on here a few years ago who tried drawing comparisons between the gorilla's diet of leaves & bugs and its strength? Was it SMM? I remember a strong suggestion that humans could derive similar strength on a similar diet. There were so many faults in this (attempted) "logic," that it was too embarrassing and pathetic to even be funny.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »
Hey Montague when did you last have some nice beef  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »
I thought this board was about sharing and exchanging nutrition knowledge and information.  Why are mods allowing a_ahmed to spam and ruin a good thread?   ???

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »
Since when is meat..... spam  ;D Loco the concerned citizen even though he attacks me and my religion in other sections  ;D I forgot meat humour is bad. I don't remember the last time you contributed to anything related to bodybuilding, nutrition, training or steroids sections on here.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
Since when is meat..... spam  ;D Loco the concerned citizen even though he attacks me and my religion in other sections  ;D I forgot meat humour is bad. I don't remember the last time you contributed to anything related to bodybuilding, nutrition, training or steroids sections on here.

I have never attacked you or your religion, just disagreed.  You Muslims call that attacks.  And I have contributed plenty to this board, more than you have. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
Thank you, mods!    ;D

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 02:20:53 AM »
The problem with them is that they want everyone to be vegetarians.

I don't have a problem with vegetarians, but I don't want to be one.

But they feel the need to impose their will and lifestyle on me.

That's the problem.

We've seen this stuff before from religious groups, atheists, gays, and now these types.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »
There is a difference between Vegan and Vegetarian, however I don't think that Fish are on Vegetarian diets either...

Dairy and Eggs are, but not fish.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though... I don't really follow the diets so I could be mistaken.

This is how it goes:

Lacto-vegetarian - Eats fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, grains and dairy, but no eggs, and no meat of any kind.
Ovo-vegetarian - Eats fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, grains and eggs, but no dairy, and no meat of any kind.
Lacto-Ovo vegetarian - Eats fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, grains, dairy and eggs, but no meat of any kind.
Vegan vegetarian - The strictest form of vegetarianism. They eat fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts and grains, but no dairy, no eggs, and no meat of any kind. They also tend to be against eating highly processed food. For some, that can mean many cereals, pastas, and breads would be no-no's.

If one eats red meat, fowl, or fish of any kind, then they are not a vegetarian.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »
^LOL

and

Try that again! The food source with the highest concentration of leucine is....SOYBEANS, nealry 3 grams of leucine per 100 g servins. Beef is in second place with 1.8 grams.

http://bodypreserver.com/2013/03/28/leucine-why-its-absolutely-important-for-fitness-after-30/

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
Try that again! The food source with the highest concentration of leucine is....SOYBEANS, nealry 3 grams of leucine per 100 g servins. Beef is in second place with 1.8 grams.

http://bodypreserver.com/2013/03/28/leucine-why-its-absolutely-important-for-fitness-after-30/

You may want to re-think soybeans  :-X for a variety of reasons, but the whole Monsanto Frankenfood thing tops the list.
:

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »
Wow!

It's amazing how much and how little so many of you know ~

Anybody here a registered dietitian?

Lemme know when you need to be set straight.

Start off with this: What foods contain all of the essential amino acids?

Can non-essential amino acids be synthesized any other way in the body other than by caloric intake?

Hmmmmmm....

How about this?

I know  a shitload of bodybuilders that are scared to death of Soy milk. So many "fitness" folks that are completely uninformed, uneducated, whatever you want to call it. But here is another question: How many different ways can the body produce testosterone and estrogen, and from where?

Do you think that a doctor can tell the difference between a Lacto-Ovo vegan and a hardcore meat-eating bodybuilder?

Can a physique competition judge?

Have fun. I'm being facetious (just a bit) so don't get all mad and shit. K?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
Wow!

It's amazing how much and how little so many of you know ~

Anybody here a registered dietitian?

Lemme know when you need to be set straight.

Start off with this: What foods contain all of the essential amino acids?

Can non-essential amino acids be synthesized any other way in the body other than by caloric intake?

Hmmmmmm....

How about this?

I know  a shitload of bodybuilders that are scared to death of Soy milk. So many "fitness" folks that are completely uninformed, uneducated, whatever you want to call it. But here is another question: How many different ways can the body produce testosterone and estrogen, and from where?

Do you think that a doctor can tell the difference between a Lacto-Ovo vegan and a hardcore meat-eating bodybuilder?

Can a physique competition judge?

Have fun. I'm being facetious (just a bit) so don't get all mad and shit. K?

Why would bodybuilders be scared of soy? Bill Pearl, 4-time Mr. Universe, consumed plenty of it. NOBODY is going to claim he was feminized because of it. The late Roy Hiligen, Mr. South Africa, was a big vegetarian. And he was just as strong as/stronger than many of his meat-eating contemporaries.

You're absolutely right. You can't tell between a lacto-ovo vegetarian and a meat-eater. You need all the essential aminos in the right portions to grow. It doesn't matter if they come from meat, dairy, veggies, or grains.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 12:35:07 AM »
I'm a vegan who cheats and cheats and cheats  ;D  Absolutely no red meat at all. I'm strict on that part.

I try to limit my consumption of meat, eggs, and fish as well... especially after the BP Gulf of Mexico incident and now Fukushima. Corexit, mercury, and radiation are not condiments in my book.

My personal theory is the gains experienced by body builders who eat steak is that it's not the protein from steak that's doing it, but rather all those darned hormones & steroids fed to the cows by Big Agro.

Personally, I can't stand the way my body feels after consuming meat. Sluggish beyond belief.
I prefer the energy I get from fresh fruits & vegetables... living foods... organically grown in healthy soil.

I think the reason many vegetarians can be malnourished is because they don't eat properly.
For years it was extremely difficult to even be a vegetarian, ...especially if you live in the Chicago area. Not sure how or even if it has changed much since I was last there, but trying to find something on a menu that wasn't meat, or smothered in a ton of cheese... OY!  Even a salad would contain meat... or a bunch of bacon bits.  ::)

There are plenty of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts etc., that will provide a variety of all the nutrients & minerals we need, provided they are grown in healthy, nutrient rich soils.

So take heart McWay, it is possible to remain vegetarian and STILL get all your protein. If you're unable to... you could follow chad stallion's lead and resort to this. After all, ...you never hear chad stallion complaining about the cost of protein powders do you?  ;D
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »
I'm a vegan who cheats and cheats and cheats  ;D  Absolutely no red meat at all. I'm strict on that part.

I try to limit my consumption of meat, eggs, and fish as well... especially after the BP Gulf of Mexico incident and now Fukushima. Corexit, mercury, and radiation are not condiments in my book.

My personal theory is the gains experienced by body builders who eat steak is that it's not the protein from steak that's doing it, but rather all those darned hormones & steroids fed to the cows by Big Agro.

Personally, I can't stand the way my body feels after consuming meat. Sluggish beyond belief.
I prefer the energy I get from fresh fruits & vegetables... living foods... organically grown in healthy soil.

I think the reason many vegetarians can be malnourished is because they don't eat properly.
For years it was extremely difficult to even be a vegetarian, ...especially if you live in the Chicago area. Not sure how or even if it has changed much since I was last there, but trying to find something on a menu that wasn't meat, or smothered in a ton of cheese... OY!  Even a salad would contain meat... or a bunch of bacon bits.  ::)

There are plenty of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts etc., that will provide a variety of all the nutrients & minerals we need, provided they are grown in healthy, nutrient rich soils.

So take heart McWay, it is possible to remain vegetarian and STILL get all your protein. If you're unable to... you could follow chad stallion's lead and resort to this. After all, ...you never hear chad stallion complaining about the cost of protein powders do you?  ;D

Oh, I know that, because I've done it. And, as many will tell you, I'm the LAST ONE who worries about where to get cheap protein. I'm "Mr. Clearance Sale", remember?

;D