Author Topic: how much can you dudes db row?  (Read 43327 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: how much can you dudes db row?
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:57 AM »
i used to do them with 1 hand on a bench, these days i actually put my hand and knee of the non-working side of my body on a bench and focus on controlling the weight

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:41 AM »
i know this concept of proper and picture perfect form, but in my own personal experience, a looser style works much better

i was doing the pause at the top with no jerk at that start and it didn't really do shit for me, but just recently i've loosened up my style a bit and now my lats are thickening up and getting wider ;D 8) ;)

i attribute this all to INCREASED LOAD

but again... this is just my own personal experience and i cant' say that it would work for all

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 03:23:02 AM »
i know this concept of proper and picture perfect form, but in my own personal experience, a looser style works much better

i was doing the pause at the top with no jerk at that start and it didn't really do shit for me, but just recently i've loosened up my style a bit and now my lats are thickening up and getting wider ;D 8) ;)

i attribute this all to INCREASED LOAD

but again... this is just my own personal experience and i cant' say that it would work for all

i did not suggest perfect form... just "controlling the weight" and i agree with you but there is a difference between loose and sloppy

Loose:

Sloppy:

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 03:31:21 AM »

i did not suggest perfect form... just "controlling the weight" and i agree with you but there is a difference between loose and sloppy

Loose:

Sloppy:

so would you call this a sloppy training style?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 03:35:17 AM »
at the end of the day do your own thing...love the pics----lol

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 03:47:17 AM »
so would you call this a sloppy training style?

i won't point out the fact that you responded to my white women pictures with videos of a black man.... wait i just did...

but yeah, to me the form in those videos is dangerous and stupid

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 03:55:20 AM »

i won't point out the fact that you responded to my white women pictures with videos of a black man.... wait i just did...

but yeah, to me the form in those videos is dangerous and stupid

lol

but where does this asian female fit into all of this man ;D

i know where she fits, and that would be right into my bed 8)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 04:12:30 AM »
lol

if she let me duck tape her hands and feet together i could dumbbell row her

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 08:36:56 AM »
Any one ever do two hand DB rows? Or two hand DB cleans?

Those shots of Fox are not all that extreme in a lot of gyms in SoCal. With the druggies, bicep tendons seem to crash the most, with that style arm workout. Than tricep and pec injuries to follow.

If liking gorgeous Asian chicks, San Diego and Orange counties are differently over supplied...which is a good thing. Another bonus is some excellent Asian restaurants.  Though quite a few restaurants, and people, prefer the term Oriental rather than Asian.

Good Luck.
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 09:53:30 AM »
lol

VERY NICE!!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 10:07:24 AM »
i can do them with the 60kgs ones but i wont feel shit on the lats, all arms and not full rom.

i use 30-40kgs with proper form on the heaviest sets.
holy shit

we have 60kg dumbbelss also at my gym

i once picked them off the rack

was imagining how on earth can ronnie bench press 90kg dumbbelss

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
I used to weigh 250+ and deadlift over 700 pounds.  I've been using AAS for over 10 years, so I'm not your average lifter for sure.  When i was natural i remember using the 115's for one arm rows, but i only weighed around 190.

I alternate between using the bench with my knee and hand on it, then sometimes i rest my hand on the DB rack so I'm standing but leaning over.  I get a better feel when I'm standing, but when the gym is crowded i don't like to use the rack.

Last time i did bodyweight chins i think i did ~30 with an underhand grip.  I weigh 215 right now and i usually do chins with a 45 pound plate for 12-15 reps.

When i was power lifting and weighed 250, i don't think i could do 8 chins with my bodyweight.  I train very differently today.

8)

Given your size and experience I think maybe some of us are using too much weight...just cause we can do something doesn't mean we should. For me it depends on the day...cause one gym I train at only has dbs that go up to 80s but I think its good to go lighter some days anyways. In a perfect world we would all get stronger every workout and be able to lift super heavy all the time wo pain/injuries but that's not the reality.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
In a perfect world we would all get stronger every workout and be able to lift super heavy all the time wo pain/injuries but that's not the reality.

that's very true, but if you aren't getting stronger ie. increasing your training loads, they you ain't getting bigger

i'm just hoping that once i get to the point where i can get 6-8 reps with 145 pound bell that my lats and delts will be big enough

another thing i don't quite get is how dudes can train year in and year out and stay and look exactly the same (ie. maintaining) coz in my opinion the fun of training is making progress

not that it is bad to maintain oneself, and i have alot of respect for fellas who do this, but in my own personal case it just gets boring as fuck not making any gains and just maintaining, and i'm really kinda dreading this day once my progress comes to a halt as i got a feeling that i'll just say "fuck it! this is dull not making any progress" and just stop training

in fact, AJ was the exact same, as he'd train and make great gains but then once he hit a wall and wasn't gaining anymore then he'd just give up in disgust and stop training entirely

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
that's very true, but if you aren't getting stronger ie. increasing your training loads, they you ain't getting bigger

i'm just hoping that once i get to the point where i can get 6-8 reps with 145 pound bell that my lats and delts will be big enough

another thing i don't quite get is how dudes can train year in and year out and stay and look exactly the same (ie. maintaining) coz in my opinion the fun of training is making progress

not that it is bad to maintain oneself, and i have alot of respect for fellas who do this, but in my own personal case it just gets boring as fuck not making any gains and just maintaining, and i'm really kinda dreading this day once my progress comes to a halt as i got a feeling that i'll just say "fuck it! this is dull not making any progress" and just stop training

in fact, AJ was the exact same, as he'd train and make great gains but then once he hit a wall and wasn't gaining anymore then he'd just give up in disgust and stop training entirely

I'm with ya on the progressing....I always have to be gaining or cutting otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time/effort. But there are changes that do happen with time like the look of your muscle as it matures.

BTW..who's aj?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
I'm with ya on the progressing....I always have to be gaining or cutting otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time/effort. But there are changes that do happen with time like the look of your muscle as it matures.

BTW..who's aj?

AJ=Arthur Jones ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
tBH I don't know much about the man above with a gun feeding a baby elephant. Seems interesting enough to do a little reading I suppose.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2013, 03:46:14 PM »
tBH I don't know much about the man above with a gun feeding a baby elephant. Seems interesting enough to do a little reading I suppose.

well man, if you're serious then here's the place to go 8)

http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/home.html

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:30 PM »

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
I think a lot of people get confused when it comes to progressive overload. The tendency to think at what being suggested is that you can increase your training poundages every workout to infinity where everyone can bench 1000 lbs raw. In reality though that's not what is implied at all. Someone who can bent over row say 315lbs x 8  for example might be able to move up 5-10 lbs over a 12 week training cycle before he stalls out completely. At which point you would swap in a different rowing movement for 12 weeks and try to get stronger on that. When the person comes back to the barbell rows he won't be able to come back to right where he left off, it may take 6 weeks to get back to that point and another 6 weeks to add another 5-10lbs.. But over the course of a couple years that same guy will be able to row 335-345 it's a slow process with someone who has been training for a while but it's progress regardless.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:16 AM »
I think a lot of people get confused when it comes to progressive overload. The tendency to think at what being suggested is that you can increase your training poundages every workout to infinity where everyone can bench 1000 lbs raw. In reality though that's not what is implied at all. Someone who can bent over row say 315lbs x 8  for example might be able to move up 5-10 lbs over a 12 week training cycle before he stalls out completely. At which point you would swap in a different rowing movement for 12 weeks and try to get stronger on that. When the person comes back to the barbell rows he won't be able to come back to right where he left off, it may take 6 weeks to get back to that point and another 6 weeks to add another 5-10lbs.. But over the course of a couple years that same guy will be able to row 335-345 it's a slow process with someone who has been training for a while but it's progress regardless.

you know that Mentzer claimed that one could max out their training load potential in less than one year right?

i call bullshit on this statement, but he sincerely believed that it was true, coz he said if you take enough rest between workouts as you keep getting bigger and stronger that there is no need to periodize and max potential will be reached very quickly

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »
I agree you canīt just keep increasing weight, you need to later use other training methods to get further...
                 Periodization:
The theory is based upon the discovery that constant heavy-duty training does not lead to maximum progress. In fact,keeping up too high a level of intensity without adequate rest often leads to diminishing performance , burn-out , or injury. Periodization allows the body to gradually adapt to the stress of exercise.

I would rather listen to Mr Pearl than A.J.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:10 AM »
I agree you canīt just keep increasing weight, you need to later use other training methods to get further...
                 Periodization:
The theory is based upon the discovery that constant heavy-duty training does not lead to maximum progress. In fact,keeping up too high a level of intensity without adequate rest often leads to diminishing performance , burn-out , or injury. Periodization allows the body to gradually adapt to the stress of exercise.

I would rather listen to Mr Pearl than A.J.

but pearl never changed after a certain point, all he did was play around with bodyfat levels and he didn't gain any more lean muscle tissue for many many years

in other words, this "periodization" just allowed him to play around with bodyfat levels, but he didn't put on anymore level muscle tissue

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2013, 04:35:56 AM »
speaks for its self .... ;)
http://www.billpearl.com/career.asp

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2013, 04:43:42 AM »
he's a legend, but what are his stats throughout the years? ie. bodyweight and bodyfat levels?

my point is that he never gained anymore lean muscle tissue after a certain point

look at my idol King Zane

he was 187 @ 5% from 1977-1980 and later in 1982 he stepped on stage at over 200 pounds

and guess what? his training poundages INCREASED GREATLY in 1982 ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2013, 04:47:16 AM »
speaks for its self .... ;)
http://www.billpearl.com/career.asp
Bill was a legend no doubt, I think he used get up at like 3am and train.