Author Topic: No morning wood = Overtrained  (Read 18644 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
No morning wood = Overtrained
« on: February 24, 2013, 05:15:43 AM »
Took a full week off from training recently.....few days into the rest period I began to wake up to stiffness in the lower groin region like I hadn't in a while. I think morning wood may be a sign of being fully recharged.

Thoughts?

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: No morning wood = Overtrained
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 05:19:50 AM »
I cant remenber last time i had it :-\
dont know if its low test or lack of sleep/overtraining.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:27:02 AM »
I cant remenber last time i had it :-\
dont know if its low test or lack of sleep/overtraining.

Even with testosterone injections I wasn't getting any till I took time off from the gym.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:28:38 AM »
And my sleeping pattern stayed the same btw....only change was the rest period.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »
And my sleeping pattern stayed the same btw....only change was the rest period.

that's interesting man

recently i've been sleeping much better, getting 8 or 9 hours of sleep each night (before i was only getting about 5 hours) and my training has really started to progress

and i do now train with a bit less volume ie. less failure sets per workout, but i still train nearly every goddamn day of the week

yep, i'm a very compulsive individual so it's nearly impossible for me to take days off

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 06:49:23 AM »
that's interesting man

recently i've been sleeping much better, getting 8 or 9 hours of sleep each night (before i was only getting about 5 hours) and my training has really started to progress

and i do now train with a bit less volume ie. less failure sets per workout, but i still train nearly every goddamn day of the week

yep, i'm a very compulsive individual so it's nearly impossible for me to take days off

I was doing too much in the gym training almost everyday prior to the week off. Gonna cut the volume way down and focus on training a little heavier. But please, lets keep this discussion about erections  ;D

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »
I have actually read about this long time ago and experienced this myself. It's not really meant to work on a day by day basis though. If you have been waking up with morning wood everyday and one of the days you don't, it probably doesn't mean anything. But if you have been waking up with a boner most days of the week and then you go a week without it happening then it might be a sign of overtraining. At that point you would have to look back on your workouts and see how they have gone. If your workouts have been getting worse and worse over the course of that week, there is definetely an issue.

One day is not an indicator, it's more of a trend monitoring thing. Also I don't know how this works for the guys that use gear, because from what I understand certain drugs can reduce libido in general.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »
hm, overtraining is crtainly a factor or possibilty, but for me its like this, if i eat more shit food, i get brutal stiffies.

dont know why that is, but it is.

also, deca and tren, i wouldnt use them, they seem to cause limp dick.

I noticed the leaner I get the more it becomes a problem also but a simple cheat meal doesn't do it for me. The fatter I am it seems like my libido skyrockets. Makes sense cause in times of famine the last thing our bodies are concerned with is reproducing.

I have actually read about this long time ago and experienced this myself. It's not really meant to work on a day by day basis though. If you have been waking up with morning wood everyday and one of the days you don't, it probably doesn't mean anything. But if you have been waking up with a boner most days of the week and then you go a week without it happening then it might be a sign of overtraining. At that point you would have to look back on your workouts and see how they have gone. If your workouts have been getting worse and worse over the course of that week, there is definetely an issue.

One day is not an indicator, it's more of a trend monitoring thing. Also I don't know how this works for the guys that use gear, because from what I understand certain drugs can reduce libido in general.

Yeah this was going on for a while...only became apparent to me as they came back during my week off. There was other signs I was overtrained like being lethargic all day and random muscle aches during the day. Think I may be able to use this as another indicator from now on....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
Took a full week off from training recently.....few days into the rest period I began to wake up to stiffness in the lower groin region like I hadn't in a while. I think morning wood may be a sign of being fully recharged.

Thoughts?

I definitely agree......I always knew I was overtrained when I stopped getting morning wood and sometimes my heart would start racing at night while I was laying down......racing heart is a pure sign of being overtrained.....or too much ephedra

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24:02 AM »
I was hoping for serious replies like all the ones above....which is why I didn't post this on the g&o board lol.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:17 AM »
I was hoping for serious replies like all the ones above....which is why I didn't post this on the g&o board lol.

How often were you training?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 05:49:52 AM »
How often were you training?

6 days a week...high volume.

I had done it before no problem but it finally caught up to me.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »

how high a volume is high volume? like how many work sets or failure sets (if you do them) do you do per workout

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:42 PM »

that is a lot I must say.....I was like that too...would get into a zone and just train everyday and two days on sunday..LOL....now I see why you couldn't get wood...your body was exhausted

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 05:49:31 AM »
how high a volume is high volume? like how many work sets or failure sets (if you do them) do you do per workout

I was doing like 12-16 sets per large bp and 8-12 for smaller ones...I think every single one to failure lol for an 8 week period . I didn't have problems in doing so before though...

Back to lower volume now..focusing on training smarter.

that is a lot I must say.....I was like that too...would get into a zone and just train everyday and two days on sunday..LOL....now I see why you couldn't get wood...your body was exhausted

Being over eager is very counter productive isn't it...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 05:56:57 AM »
I was doing like 12-16 sets per large bp and 8-12 for smaller ones...I think every single one to failure lol for an 8 week period . I didn't have problems in doing so before though...

Jesus fucking Christ dude! how the fuck did you make it through that ??? ??? ???

i can maybe, just maybe make it through 4 or 5 failure sets in one workout, and that's pushing it

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:40 AM »

Being over eager is very counter productive isn't it...

Jesus Christ dude........I admire your dedication....but you were definitely overtraining....wow....d oing that kind of workout everyday, you wouldn't be able to get it up with a crane

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 06:21:09 AM »
Jesus Christ dude........I admire your dedication....but you were definitely overtraining....wow....d oing that kind of workout everyday, you wouldn't be able to get it up with a crane

hahaha I just spat out my coffee.  ;D

Dj I'm gonna start training a little more like you but do me a favor man start eating a little more like me. I think we're at extremes where you think it's all about training and I've been stuck at all about nutrition for too long. We'll both see better results I guarantee it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 06:51:38 AM »
hahaha I just spat out my coffee.  ;D

Dj I'm gonna start training a little more like you but do me a favor man start eating a little more like me. I think we're at extremes where you think it's all about training and I've been stuck at all about nutrition for too long. We'll both see better results I guarantee it.

alright man, i'll agree to do this, but i ain't gonna over-haul my whole "diet" but i will make a deal with you and replace one of these meals with a meal that you suggest (but i won't change my breakkie)

breakkie: musli ceral with milk and coffee with milk and sugar
lunch: 2 burritos and coca cola
din-din: 3 eggs and 6 strips of bacon and grapefruit juice and 2 chocolate chip muffins
late meal: lo-mien noodles and coca cola

and no this ain't easy for me to do, coz i'm stubborn as fuck and i don't like to be told what to do, but fuck it, i'll give it a shot

and speaking of my stubborness Mentzer himself called me The Wildhorse when i had phone consultations with him back in 2000 lol

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »
alright man, i'll agree to do this, but i ain't gonna over-haul my whole "diet" but i will make a deal with you and replace one of these meals with a meal that you suggest (but i won't change my breakkie)

breakkie: musli ceral with milk and coffee with milk and sugar
lunch: 2 burritos and coca cola
din-din: 3 eggs and 6 strips of bacon and grapefruit juice and 2 chocolate chip muffins
late meal: lo-mien noodles and coca cola

and no this ain't easy for me to do, coz i'm stubborn as fuck and i don't like to be told what to do, but fuck it, i'll give it a shot

and speaking of my stubborness Mentzer himself called me The Wildhorse when i had phone consultations with him back in 2000 lol

I still get a good kick out of that diet....lol sorry man. My diet looks gross some days too..I got most of my carbs from ketchup yesterday lol

If money is a concern than flat out just get the cheapest protein source you can afford. If its protein powder than go with that but if its expensive where you live than maybe it'll be tuna, sardine, eggs...whatever. The best thing would be to have variety but at this point any extra source of protein will help.

Once you have your protein sources just make sure to eat it as often as you can before or after your meals. That would be the best way imo since you're missing out on a lot of protein and you don't really have to change anything else.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 07:41:23 AM »
I still get a good kick out of that diet....lol sorry man. My diet looks gross some days too..I got most of my carbs from ketchup yesterday lol

If money is a concern than flat out just get the cheapest protein source you can afford. If its protein powder than go with that but if its expensive where you live than maybe it'll be tuna, sardine, eggs...whatever. The best thing would be to have variety but at this point any extra source of protein will help.

Once you have your protein sources just make sure to eat it as often as you can before or after your meals. That would be the best way imo since you're missing out on a lot of protein and you don't really have to change anything else.

so how much protein do you think that i really need?

honestly man, i was getting 200 grams of protein a few years back and it didn't do jack shit for me, and that's the honest truth

IN MY EXPERIENCE, it's the training that TRUMPS EVERYTHING

for example, if my training loads go up then the muscles that are worked in that exercise get bigger, EVERY SINGLE TIME (just recently my training loads on rows and push-ups have gone up, and guess what? my torso is a bit bigger ;))

again man, this is just my honest experiences so i can only speak for myself

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 07:50:09 AM »

honestly man, i was getting 200 grams of protein a few years back and it didn't do jack shit for me, and that's the honest truth

for example, if my training loads go up then the muscles that are worked in that exercise get bigger, EVERY SINGLE TIME (just recently my training loads on rows and push-ups have gone up, and guess what? my torso is a bit bigger ;))

dj181 is right protein = overated much over 1 gram for bodyweight is pissed out which means money pissed out.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 08:02:24 AM »
well keep it simple :
eat from the 5 main food groups.
Vegatables
Fruits
Milk and Dairy (cheese i love)
Meat and Beans (fish,eggs poultry)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 08:12:08 AM »
well keep it simple :
eat from the 5 main food groups.
Vegatables
Fruits
Milk and Dairy (cheese i love)
Meat and Beans (fish,eggs poultry)

this may be true for general health purposes but for looking good it's not required

by the way, did you hear about the PhD fella in nutrition that did a self study on so-called "healthy diets"?

basically he ate garbage and still improved his blood work and health profiles ie. his blood sugar rating got better and his cholesterol levels got better etc

all he did was eat very low cals, but he got the majority of his cals from "junk" ie. potato chips, chocolates and candies etc

there's a thread somewhere on here about it

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 08:17:34 AM »

I'd say at least 1 gram per lb...as a minimun. You probably tried 200grams back when you were natural...try it now. And use something else instead of superdrol...it should only be used for short periods.