Author Topic: What is the cheapest country to live in where you don't have to worry about..  (Read 8953 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
..getting shot/stabbed/mugged?Say someone from USA who earns well just wants to up and quit, buy a cheap home in somewhere rural/scenic and live on his savings?I remember hearing from someone that you could buy somewhere in the Dominican Republic for 20 grand and live easily on very little, don't know how true though.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Tasmania.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
thailand

booty

• Getbig V
thailand
I have heard that Thailand is very cheap to live there as well.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
canada

:)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Panama...they are actually building gated communities to attract American retires.

I

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
but who would want to live in a shithole as thailand

MikMaq

canada

:)
lol you mean the most expensive.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Poland

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

I might go there when I get old.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!

Many do.

On down side, you can end up in prison for years for mocking their king  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
..getting shot/stabbed/mugged?Say someone from USA who earns well just wants to up and quit, buy a cheap home in somewhere rural/scenic and live on his savings?I remember hearing from someone that you could buy somewhere in the Dominican Republic for 20 grand and live easily on very little, don't know how true though.

Hey man, I am saving for the same thing. I guess it's all about what you want. I visit saint Martin every year and really enjoy it. It is on my five year plan to buy a house there. No property tax and it's very safe.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
no such country

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Hey man, I am saving for the same thing. I guess it's all about what you want. I visit saint Martin every year and really enjoy it. It is on my five year plan to buy a house there. No property tax and it's very safe.

Isn't Saint-Martin incredibly expensive now? I too am looking for a place to flee to once all my loans are paid off. France is going down the shitter and Paris has become incredibly expensive.

mass243

• Getbig V

North Korea would for sure be on top of that list. Seriously.

- Possibly the safest place on earth - virtually no criminality. If you don't find need to meddle with politics of course.
    whole huge city, Pyongyang reserved for the elite.
- Very low cost. Someone with even 10k to spend a year would most likely live like a fukin' king.
- I bet you could build a castle there with 100k

But I don't know if they let random foreigners to live permanently in the country.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
North Korea would for sure be on top of that list. Seriously.

- Possibly the safest place on earth - virtually no criminality. If you don't find need to meddle with politics of course.
    whole huge city, Pyongyang reserved for the elite.
- Very low cost. Someone with even 10k to spend a year would most likely live like a fukin' king.
- I bet you could build a castle there with 100k

But I don't know if they let random foreigners to live permanently in the country.

Seriously, get help. Your obsession with stalinian regimes is a bit disturbing.

mass243

• Getbig V
Seriously, get help. Your obsession with stalinian regimes is a bit disturbing.

Oh STFU mate.
I thought about places meeting the stated requirements and that - regardless of being a nice place or not - came on top of the list.

Please state where I was wrong.

question was:
"What is the cheapest country to live in where you don't have to worry about being shot, stabbed"

I think it's hard to top my suggestion by the given standards.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Oh STFU mate.
I thought about places meeting the stated requirements and that - regardless of being a nice place or not - came on top of the list.

Please state where I was wrong.

I think that the fact that basic food would be available was somehow implied.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Uganda is known for it's awesome beaches.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The suburbs of Iowa is nice. No crime and cheap houses. Very little of work to be found though. Places like South Carolina has really cheap houses on plenty of land but outside of the major towns it looks like something close to the movie Deliverance. Actually there are many places in America that are safe.

Places like the Dominican republic and Thailand you are a major target for crime if you are an American. Staying in the resort hotels gives you a false sense that the place is safe. Journey out into the town at night. You might as well paint a bulls eye on your back.

There is one country outside of the US that I would move to right now if I could. Gorgeous country, cheap houses, no crime, friendly people, and hot women. I wouldn't tell a getbigger where it is for a million dollars.

mass243

• Getbig V
I think that the fact that basic food would be available was somehow implied.

I'm sure food is not a problem for someone with money.

OP said he has money to spend and he's not seeking place to work at.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
The suburbs of Iowa is nice. No crime and cheap houses. Very little of work to be found though. Places like South Carolina has really cheap houses on plenty of land but outside of the major towns it looks like something close to the movie Deliverance. Actually there are many places in America that are safe.

Places like the Dominican republic and Thailand you are a major target for crime if you are an American. Staying in the resort hotels gives you a false sense that the place is safe. Journey out into the town at night. You might as well paint a bulls eye on your back.

There is one country outside of the US that I would move to right now if I could. Gorgeous country, cheap houses, no crime, friendly people, and hot women. I wouldn't tell a getbigger where it is for a million dollars.

The Shire?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Oh yes, Poland. Nice people, beautiful country and epic women.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
no such country

Seriously, coach Huang.. if you had 100 million dollars, there would be no country you would go to to indulge in hedonism and high internet speeds for YouTube?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.

basile is the type of a guy you would spot in a night club in a remote area of bangkok and when you look in his direction again he suddenly is gone like he never were there in first place.
O