Author Topic: What is the cheapest country to live in where you don't have to worry about..  (Read 8977 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Uganda is known for it's awesome beaches.
And no police = no crime, right? ;D

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Going to find out about Costa Rica and Panama starting tomorrow.   8)

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
thailand

Yup Thailand. Great country too.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
it doesnt get any safer than cuba.

thailand too.

and i dont know if it matters to you, but check who dont extradite bc of interpol warrants ;D

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/th-thailand/cri-crime

Your safe thailand is third in the world what comes to homicide rates. How about cuba?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/cu-cuba/cri-crime

Not so bad..  But first you have to figure out how to live like a king in some third world communist shit-hole, and how cool will it be. Like cuba, for example. When you are tired to cigars and rum, what else there will be? Nothing. You will end up like Hemingway, sucking bullets from the gun.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
India.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

I  think you are thinking Honduras because CR has safety uses up the ass.  One of my exs was from Panama.  She always said I should buy there.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Argentina or Chile.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
http://www.nationmaster.com/country/th-thailand/cri-crime

Your safe thailand is third in the world what comes to homicide rates. How about cuba?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/cu-cuba/cri-crime

Not so bad..  But first you have to figure out how to live like a king in some third world communist shit-hole, and how cool will it be. Like cuba, for example. When you are tired to cigars and rum, what else there will be? Nothing. You will end up like Hemingway, sucking bullets from the gun.

As long as you stay out of the big cities and main tourist areas, crime in Thailand is pretty low.  Thai's a pretty pasionate people and they make decisions based on emotions rather than logic, so they can go through what some call the "Thai Snap" where one second they are laughing and carrying on and the next your are getting stabbed in the eye.

I lived there for a year and never once ran into trouble, even while owning a bar, receiving death threats from the bar owner next to me (thankfully my mafia friends were higher than her mafia friends) and having to toss drunk Russians out.  I did see several people get murdered (thai and thai violence) and a more than a handful deadly motorbike accidents.

I also spent a lot of time up in Isaan where one could easily live for a few dollars a day and it's far safer with very little cause for concern.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
canada

:)
Canada is super expensive. A 2 bedroom apartment costs more in Toronto then a 5 bedroom huge house in vagas.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I was born there, awesome place, tropical, Cheap in some things and expensive in others. Basically food and rent is cheap but technology related things are not cheap; cars, phones, etc all the imported things. Does not compare to the cheapness of a country in the east like thailand or Korea but it is a tropical place.

No military there and I do not think they let foreigners stay there unless they have business there or something like that, at least that is what it was like 20 years ago.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
I was born there, awesome place, tropical, Cheap in some things and expensive in others. Basically food and rent is cheap but technology related things are not cheap; cars, phones, etc all the imported things. Does not compare to the cheapness of a country in the east like thailand or Korea but it is a tropical place.

No military there and I do not think they let foreigners stay there unless they have business there or something like that, at least that is what it was like 20 years ago.

Yep...and doing business there seems much harder.  also the quality of local employees is reported as better in Panama.  I just came back from Honduras and loved it but it doesnt have the infrastructure of CR/Panama.  This trip is the first exploratory to the area.  Part work/part relaxation.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
I  think you are thinking Honduras because CR has safety uses up the ass.  One of my exs was from Panama.  She always said I should buy there.

Voodoo curse in Honduras. White man don't belong there. Plus the west do target practice in that area with earthquake machine.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
..getting shot/stabbed/mugged?Say someone from USA who earns well just wants to up and quit, buy a cheap home in somewhere rural/scenic and live on his savings?I remember hearing from someone that you could buy somewhere in the Dominican Republic for 20 grand and live easily on very little, don't know how true though.

good question.  i was wondering the same thing.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Hey man, I am saving for the same thing. I guess it's all about what you want. I visit saint Martin every year and really enjoy it. It is on my five year plan to buy a house there. No property tax and it's very safe.
Not for whitey.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
nicaragua

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
nicaragua

buying land there is tricky because ownership through the civil war and the earthquake is sketchy.  Lots offolks bought land confiscated by the sandanistas only to have the orginal owners fight them in court.  Locals tend to win those.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  I have land there and have never had a problem. Then again, I have had a contact there since the 80's.

Johna

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Down town New York does me just fine.Very cheap Very clean and very very safe.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
buying land there is tricky because ownership through the civil war and the earthquake is sketchy.  Lots offolks bought land confiscated by the sandanistas only to have the orginal owners fight them in court.  Locals tend to win those.

Blue Fields, and he is good to go.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Down town New York does me just fine.Very cheap Very clean and very very safe.
lol downtown ny is cheap?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
I think the best combo of cheapness and safety is Spain ...
O

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
I think the best combo of cheapness and safety is Spain ...

with their current unemployment rate. Seriously?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
lol downtown ny is cheap?
Not clean nor safe either  ???

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
with their current unemployment rate. Seriously?
And the fact that half the population of northern Africa lives there?