Author Topic: Wanna bring my forearm growth up really fast  (Read 15035 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Wanna bring my forearm growth up really fast
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
Can also use a dowel (thick handles preferred) with a rope attached to the end of the dowel and a BB plate on the other end of the rope. Just to note, lumber mill and yard workers will have good forearms and grip, from their daily hard work.  

I fashioned a wrist roller out of 3 in. PVC pipe. It is much more effective than most of the commercially sold versions, which are maybe half that diameter.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 10:29:40 AM »

I fashioned a wrist roller out of 3 in. PVC pipe. It is much more effective than most of the commercially sold versions, which are maybe half that diameter.

this is a good idea...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
this is a good idea...

The thicker handle allows less finger leverage, which makes it harder to hold onto the handle. Just holding onto the thing can be a bit challenging. Once you start cranking, your forearms immediately fill with an enormous pump.

As I open the Suez Canal to flaming with my last sentence above.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:50 AM »

The thicker handle allows less finger leverage, which makes it harder to hold onto the handle. Just holding onto the thing can be a bit challenging. Once you start cranking, your forearms immediately fill with an enormous pump.

As I open the Suez Canal to flaming with my last sentence above.

i have one in made out of a 4" tutbe, but i hold it by the ends and twist it like that

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:44 AM »
Montague: If I'm understanding you right, yeah we used the pins like that.

Also used a Olympic bar (just the bar), adjusting the grip from the center out, and did wrist/grip work. Also lot's of ways to make a 10lb plate feel like a 100lbs on certain exercises. Took a Olympic bar, with plates on one end only, stood it on it's end and "walked" the bar up with out hands. Would lower in slowly on the way down. Usually was standing on a bench or box when doing this. Of course the plates were on the bottom end of the bar.

Just to note; seen guys doing one arm curls, with a Olympic bar. Whole new feel to activating muscle fiber that is mostly never approached by regular curling exercises. The question of balance and control was a main factor. Good Luck
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »
i do direct forearm training and use some straps on back/trap work other wise as most suggest no straps

i do old school rope attached to weight on bottom and roll up ,down,up, down 3 x and do under hand grip
and cable or bar behind back wrist curl x3 .
i have small type joints and not blessed i would say to have great forearms ,,,i like to get pump to further them...my inners pop,,
Great post...Great Development..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
Just to note; seen guys doing one arm curls, with a Olympic bar. Whole new feel to activating muscle fiber that is mostly never approached by regular curling exercises. The question of balance and control was a main factor. Good Luck

My buddy and I tried those a couple of times after reading one of Poliquin's articles. Yes, the weight distribution of a barbell makes that 45 lbs feel very different than simple dumbbell weight.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »
That one arm BB curl  was impressive when Iwe experimented with them. Hits the forearm and wrist motion strongly, and affected the bicep inserts in a whole new way.

Might be easier with a Olympic bar  (better balanced and centered) than a standard exercise bar (1 1/8- 1 1/16) but who said easier is better for developing muscle and strength. We tried them on the basic 45lb bar and took a while to get the balance down. Wonder what that exercise would be like if using a reverse grip on it? Sure some guy's have before. That could prove to be a killer for the whole chain of arm muscles , from finger tips to the upper bicep inserts.  Good Luck.

Side Bar:  maybe the one arm BB curl was the secret that Joe Weider used to develop the arms of the champions? The secret is out!
F

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
Reverse BB Preachers had my arms burning real good while training. Went to failure. Next day wasn't even sore. WTF? I find it hard to get my forearms sore. I trained back that night too. Concentrating on squeezing the grip real hard too to bring the forearms into it. No straps

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »
Reverse BB Preachers had my arms burning real good while training. Went to failure. Next day wasn't even sore. WTF? I find it hard to get my forearms sore. I trained back that night too. Concentrating on squeezing the grip real hard too to bring the forearms into it. No straps
reverse ez barbell curls are great and really hit my forearms..still when i look at forearms from njflex...steve is the man  ;D

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »
this is what i'm working with. really want the top to pop. excuse the mess my body is in. i'm on the new side to lifting.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »
this is what i'm working with. really want the top to pop. excuse the mess my body is in. i'm on the new side to lifting.
REVERSE CURL BAR OR STRAIGHT BAR,ROPE WITH WEIGHT ATTACHED TO BAR AND ROLL BAR UP AND DOWN ,,,UPPER ATTACHMENTS TO FOREARMS GET GOOD PUMP,,,U HAVE SOME SIZE THERE,,NEED THE POP/VANITY TO SHOW...

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:05 AM »
My forearms are by far my best part and I barely work them directly at all.  I will do one-arm barbell curls leaning over an upright bench ( I actually use a 25 pound bar and just add a 5 on each side per set...usually 4 sets).  I also frequently do one-arm crossbody hammer curls to finish my bicep workout.  I will go really heavy like 75's for 8 and then 100's for 5.  I brace my non-working hand on the dumbbell rack and lean forward slightly so my working arm hangs down and then I just power it up and slowly let it down.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
i do some direct work pipe weighted rolls and cable behind back wrist curls...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »
im suprised no one has mentioned hammers......... if you slow the movement down and dont jerk the weight up as most do, they are a good finisher for your bicep routine with out having to directly work forearms

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 09:41:51 AM »
im suprised no one has mentioned hammers......... if you slow the movement down and dont jerk the weight up as most do, they are a good finisher for your bicep routine with out having to directly work forearms
true,,,i never liked them local....across the body version when my bicep tedonitis is ok,,,i lik,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »
yes true ...still like reverse curls on a preacher bench,,,,,but then again i have not got forearms like Steve !!

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:32 PM »
true,,,i never liked them local....across the body version when my bicep tedonitis is ok,,,i lik,,

just recently stated these cross body hammer curls and love them.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 09:23:20 AM »
this thread has inspired me to break out me wrist roller tho,,, couple of times a week...

off gear the two things that noticeably shrink are my neck and forearms,,, might have to break out the neck harness too,,,

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
this thread has inspired me to break out me wrist roller tho,,, couple of times a week...

off gear the two things that noticeably shrink are my neck and forearms,,, might have to break out the neck harness too,,,
8).....I LIKE TRAINING FOREARMS LOCAL,,,,I THINK ITS IMPORTANT IF NOT GENETICALLY BLESSED THERE,,,

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
Two large buckets full of sand.

Make fists.

Do whatever it takes to dig to the bottom of each bucket, but do not at any time break the fist into fingers. Twist, push, whatever.

Your forearms will grow... eventually.

Try chinning a lot. Some call them pullups, I call them chins. No straps, wraps, nothing.

Your forearms/grip and biceps will be the limiting factor in how many chins you can do.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 10:11:15 AM »
Two large buckets full of sand.

Make fists.

Do whatever it takes to dig to the bottom of each bucket, but do not at any time break the fist into fingers. Twist, push, whatever.

Your forearms will grow... eventually.

Try chinning a lot. Some call them pullups, I call them chins. No straps, wraps, nothing.

Your forearms/grip and biceps will be the limiting factor in how many chins you can do.
I agree with the sand. I use this to harden my Hands but with small pebbles. Straight finger thrusts into sand, then small pebbles. You will then be able to thrust your finger tips into an apple. This does strengthen the whole lower arm to a degree. I Punch a Makiwara too and concentrate on my whole Body. Gripping smooth plates is old School and works.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2013, 10:17:33 AM »
Chinning with a towel can work the forearms, too. Don't tie any knots in the ends; rely on your grip. Thick bar work also helps. Quite a few people report good results with the thick sleeves that fit over barbells.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »
That ultra-thick bar works great on forearms for chins, pullups, pushdowns, benches, curls, wrist curls, you name it. Good call!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2013, 05:55:19 PM »
That ultra-thick bar works great on forearms for chins, pullups, pushdowns, benches, curls, wrist curls, you name it. Good call!!!!

Thanks. Yes, the fingers have less leverage because they cannot close as much around the bar; erego, the flexor carpi muscles must work harder to hold on.