Author Topic: Cops attack Melvin Anthony and his wife - video from 06-15-12  (Read 18949 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Cops attack Melvin Anthony and his wife - video from 06-15-12
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »
DWB

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »
Yes, agree that bad cops have always existed. I've even noticed locally that policing has changed for the better in just the last 20 yrs. Here at my department every single encounter with a citizen is recorded. recently we had a couple cops fired. One for trying to cover up the incident, the other for the incident. As a female officer was helping restrain another female to a EMS gurney for transport, the irate subject spit in the officers face. The officer lost her head and slapped the other female. If I recall, and it's been awhile since I saw the video, other officers had to pull the female officer back. This went viral and certainly didn't look good. But there were 100's of police calls that day that went well and officers were professional as they should be. None go viral. So I think it tends to paint a distorted picture because I see call after call after call of officers being professional, taking a lot of crap from people and remaining cool. Reviewing tons of videos and so for someone who just sees the occasional video where the cops screw up and never sees the good ones, it can create an inaccurate picture. If I didn't hang around with minorities on a regular basis, and just watched youtube videos of blacks on Getbig, I would imagine I would have a perception that all black people fight in McDonalds. But I know that is not an accurate picture.               

You've got to admit that your profession often attracts a certain type of person who enjoys the authority a uniform and/or badge signifies. I know the type from the military, as I've encountered many of this stripe during my enlistment.  Some of the worst people I have encountered in the military became police officers or attempted to.
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »
You've got to admit that your profession often attracts a certain type of person who enjoys the authority a uniform and/or badge signifies. I know the type from the military, as I've encountered many of this stripe during my enlistment.  Some of the worst people I have encountered in the military became police officers or attempted to.

My profession attracts certain types for sure. A personalities used to be the thought but that turned out not to be so common. We get a lot of applicants at this department. We try to weed out the ones who would be undesirable before they get hired. We do an extensive back ground check, testing and an oral board where 5 officers from Lieutenant on down to  the rank of officer officer ask questions of the candidates. I doubt all departments do that. With all that precaution, some get through and we have things in place to help identify those officers as soon as possible. It is in our best interest at this department to have above average officers because our citizens are our clients and if they aren't happy, we don't get the support we need to do our jobs. We also enjoy a pretty good salary, benefits and retirement so pissing off the public isn't in our best interest. In spite of all that, there will be those times, rare as they are here, when an officer will show his ass and embarrass us all. We do what we can to show that officer the door.         

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 08:07:48 PM »
Cop "Sir, let the officer deal with the driver, you need to stop interfering. " (As the cop holds up a hand to indicate Anthony needs to back away from the car.

Anthony "I know my rights, you're just picking on us because ___________"

Cop "Sir, I need you to get up on the sidewalk so my partner can deal with the driver" as he tries to gently guide Anthony in the right direction

Anthony bows up and turns what the officers were hoping to be a routine encounter into a confrontation.

Anthony was totally responsible for the outcome

Nothing to see here folks.. move along

failed track star reject with a 9mm a badge and a complex assaulting a tax payer. lots to see here.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
Well I certainly do not have a problem with cops but you have to face the reality and that is since everyone video records everything cop's bad reps have increased ten fold and that is undeniable cause the videos show a lot more bullying behavior then ever before and here is the crazy part, as frequent as you see this ''cowboy' type ''abuse of power'' behaviour just imagine how it was before videos were every where.

Good point .
I'm glad to be Canadian when I see shit like this. Fucking savages that "serve and protect" your country...
I hope Melvin sues the balls off the police department

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:35 PM »
Good point .
I'm glad to be Canadian when I see shit like this. Fucking savages that "serve and protect" your country...
I hope Melvin sues the balls off the police department

are you crazy canada has some of the absolute worst cops, nazi skinhead psychos that think they're above everyone, guys that would seriously be better off dead. dont act like cops in southern ontario are any better than ones in the states, not true at all.
of course there are nice ones out there, ones ive associated with are great guys, family men with good hearts, but there are some nasty pieces of shit lurking not far away.

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
 Most cops are geeks and pussies with badges-loosers like  how they gang up on melvin and then drag the girl out and throw her down---what a  fucken joke -send them to prison and see how they do in there in general population--

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2013, 11:35:51 PM »
P

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »
pic from last summer

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2013, 01:29:49 AM »
pic from last summer
He has to constantly lift or maintain size, or his head will fall over---he's become a cephalopod.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »
is that danny boy next to him?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2013, 02:20:45 AM »
P

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2013, 02:25:11 AM »
Well Donny, I appreciate your vast experience in this area. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Having reviewed many use of force situations as part of my job, I feel I am pretty qualified to offer an opinion on this. While others may certainly disagree, and feel any force an officer ever uses on a citizen is considered excessive, in the professional and court arena, what appears in this video shows officers use of force objectively reasonable.  

Don't question him, bro. He knows two people on a police force on another continent AND was once in Northern Ireland.

I think it's uncontroversial that his opinion must be correct, given this vast corpus of pertinent background knowledge.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 06:13:09 AM »
are you crazy canada has some of the absolute worst cops, nazi skinhead psychos that think they're above everyone, guys that would seriously be better off dead. dont act like cops in southern ontario are any better than ones in the states, not true at all.
of course there are nice ones out there, ones ive associated with are great guys, family men with good hearts, but there are some nasty pieces of shit lurking not far away.

I beg to differ. Cops here aren't worried about people having guns, we barely have any gun issues. No gangbangers, shit like that. Keep in mind our population is less than that of California, so I guess when you put it in proportion it probably balances out ... More people, more crime, more stressed out fucked up cops...

Southern Ontario? southern Ontario is as laid back as Vermont I'd be shocked if they even made any arrests in in the last 6 months!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
These piglets, filt!
#

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »
So I'm waaaaaay late on this.  Never heard about it. I'm sure he kept saying "don't you know who I am?"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2014, 04:01:13 PM »
So I'm waaaaaay late on this.  Never heard about it. I'm sure he kept saying "don't you know who I am?"
And no word on the judgement also.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2014, 04:54:03 PM »
Most cops are geeks and pussies with badges-loosers like  how they gang up on melvin and then drag the girl out and throw her down---what a  fucken joke -send them to prison and see how they do in there in general population--
x2

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »
Cop "Sir, let the officer deal with the driver, you need to stop interfering. " (As the cop holds up a hand to indicate Anthony needs to back away from the car.

Anthony "I know my rights, you're just picking on us because ___________"

Cop "Sir, I need you to get up on the sidewalk so my partner can deal with the driver" as he tries to gently guide Anthony in the right direction

Anthony bows up and turns what the officers were hoping to be a routine encounter into a confrontation.

Anthony was totally responsible for the outcome

Nothing to see here folks.. move along

This.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
This was posted on here when it first happened. I remember it. By watching the video you see that Melvin was being aggressive far from innocent. Not sure what his wife did to be dragged out of the car though.

the trainer

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
The police force attracts fucked up people who where bullied as a kid and are on a power trip.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »
This was posted on here when it first happened. I remember it. By watching the video you see that Melvin was being aggressive far from innocent. Not sure what his wife did to be dragged out of the car though.

Yep.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »
And no word on the judgement also.

He was acquitted.