Author Topic: Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013  (Read 9930 times)

ob205

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold's comments on the ASC 2013
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
What kind of control does Arnold have over this event? Could he not just say "this is how we are going to judge from here on out" and it becomes instantly that?

Arnold only has CONTROL over the contests he or his friend were competing in, namely 1980/81.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
If I ever see again a Bber win a major contest pulling a vacuum, I'll send myself a 8inch black dildo for TBombz' birthday.

Captured and noted.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »
What kind of control does Arnold have over this event? Could he not just say "this is how we are going to judge from here on out" and it becomes instantly that?
well it does have his name on it. Remember he is the one that wanted to jack up the reward money for the ASC, and the "powers that be" told him that since the Mr. O is the pinnacle of bbing, that he could not offer more money, so he started to give Hummers and Rolexes to get around that.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »
Arnold has zero control over judging.  As long as he is holding an IFBB event, he has to play by their rules.  If he really wanted to play hardball, he'd have to start his own organization.  I don't see him having that much interest in it with little to no payback. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »
Someone draw a straight line from the top of Dexter's trunks to his solar plexus and then you will know how much visceral fat he has accumulated over the years from drug abuse. Has nothing to do with age or anything else.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »
Guys are smaller with bigger guts. One or the other would be tolerable but not both.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »
well it does have his name on it. Remember he is the one that wanted to jack up the reward money for the ASC, and the "powers that be" told him that since the Mr. O is the pinnacle of bbing, that he could not offer more money, so he started to give Hummers and Rolexes to get around that.

a show like the ASC being second only to the Olympia, is the 1st Big bodybuilding event of the calendar year, but they need a better line up than this...for all the years I've been going to columbus, this is the first time I've started questioning where is this thing going?...the prize money is very nice, the fans are paying thier hard earn money, and this is what they get?.......I still think ''The night of  Champions" was the most fun bodybuilding show ever.....these were the kind of atmosphere you'd want at a bodybuilding show, but this no longer exist...nowadays,guys show up upstage 3 months pregnant and still get a nice reward for it

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »
any video of arnold laying down the law?
According to Reuters March 2nd, 2007

Schwarzenegger laments steroids in his own contest
http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/03/02/us-schwarzenegger-steroids-idUSN2831284320070302

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »
  Belly Building

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 01:42:50 AM »

a show like the ASC being second only to the Olympia, is the 1st Big bodybuilding event of the calendar year, but they need a better line up than this...for all the years I've been going to columbus, this is the first time I've started questioning where is this thing going?...the prize money is very nice, the fans are paying thier hard earn money, and this is what they get?.......I still think ''The night of  Champions" was the most fun bodybuilding show ever.....these were the kind of atmosphere you'd want at a bodybuilding show, but this no longer exist...nowadays,guys show up upstage 3 months pregnant and still get a nice reward for it

Ironman is gone too.

If every "big name" is sitting out and waiting for the Olympia, why doesn't the IFBB make it so you have to compete x number a times each year to qualify for the Olympia? Or that the winners of certain contests qualify for the Olympia?

Didn't it used to be more like that a couple of years back?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »
Someone draw a straight line from the top of Dexter's trunks to his solar plexus and then you will know how much visceral fat he has accumulated over the years from drug abuse. Has nothing to do with age or anything else.

that is just fat inside him?  Or that is growth of organs?   I have always wondered specifically what causes the growth.   

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »
Arnold has zero control over judging.  As long as he is holding an IFBB event, he has to play by their rules.  If he really wanted to play hardball, he'd have to start his own organization.  I don't see him having that much interest in it with little to no payback.  
He could say, "adhere to the guidelines that the IFBB (so called) Rulebook has. And do it to the T. At least for my contest."

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 01:55:03 AM »
reminds me of when fans say they want the sport to really drug test.

no way fans bother to show up at contests when bigger, more ripped guys are at their gym.  The champs lose a LOT of size when they take time off each year.  It'd be like 1970s state level shows without gear.

I think they are two very different things.  Two extremes.  One is use some self control while still on a boat load of drugs.  The other is....   natural.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 02:19:21 AM »
 :-X

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 02:33:00 AM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 03:09:47 AM »
that is just fat inside him?  Or that is growth of organs?   I have always wondered specifically what causes the growth.   
3 things, organ growth, visceral fat in the abdomen wall, stomach and intestines and excessive carb loading leading up to the show

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:47 AM »
He could say, "adhere to the guidelines that the IFBB (so called) Rulebook has. And do it to the T. At least for my contest."

Yes, exactly.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 05:38:11 AM »
:-X

LOL......the look on Arnold's face is Golden...that says it all... ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:21 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 05:53:55 AM »

LOL......the look on Arnold's face is Golden...that says it all... ;D
Looks like he's holding back lunch.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:19 AM »

The problem is that there wasn't a whole lot to work with onstage this weekend.  You could knock Pakulski, Hide, Fred Smalls, & Marcus Haley down for their gut distension, maybe even Dexter, but someone has to win.  JOJ and Darrem have no legs.  Cedric showed up soft.  If you really pick it apart and mark down for distension, but reward shape and conditioning, Ed Nunn should have won. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 07:57:34 AM »
3 things, organ growth, visceral fat in the abdomen wall, stomach and intestines and excessive carb loading leading up to the show

Is it mostly due to GH? If u had to guess how many iu's on average these guys run? When u look back on guys like Shawn he never had this problem??

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 08:04:12 AM »
it's hard to believe that they could be that lean and still carry that much visceral fat

sorry, but i don't buy it

BFG

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
it's hard to believe that they could be that lean and still carry that much visceral fat

sorry, but i don't buy it

you have no idea what you are talking about.

3 month diets dont do much for visceral fat and the constant rebounding and yo-yo dieting that is competitive bodybuilding plays a large role in the buildup. Combine that with exogenous insulin in large doses for extended periods of time, GH desensitization and you have a recipe for greatly accelerated visceral fat buildup

As previously mentioned, though, a lot of the distention is from carb loading.