Author Topic: Kindle has gay commercial  (Read 8020 times)

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
Re: Kindle has gay commercial
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 12:44:02 AM »
I hope that you have a vested interest in your question because I am going to attempt to give you an honest answer to you it.

I am gay or bisexual, depending on who is defining it. First of all, I did not turn. I do not believe one can "turn" anything. We are who we are. Furthermore, I cannot speak for other folks so my experience is unique to me.

I met my future wife and we became irrevocably connected for the rest of our lives. To this very day, neither of us understand the tight connection we have after 48 years of marriage.

I can say with complete certainty that our heterosexual marriage had nothing to do with being scared about STD's.

To answer your second question, about cock not being enough, I think this really speaks to the disconnect between male sexual gratification and emotional needs. I could probably suck a thousand cocks and never give this anymore significance then peeing a thousand times; it is not so much an emotional thing as a physical one. To put it more succinctly, it is not so much who you've sucked or fucked as who you love or have been loved by.

So you're gay but you have a wife for almost 50 years?? oh.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 12:56:33 AM »
So you're gay but you have a wife for almost 50 years?? oh.

And you thought that life was all black and white? Trust me on this, there is a whole range of gray that works for a lot of people.  I am not unique in anyway. Perhaps the only thing that you will learn from me is that I am willing to discuss the nuisances of being admittedly gay and being willing do discuss all the complications that evolve from this. And yes, I have been happily married for over 48 years. In a word,  I would say that honesty is the key to a happy long term relationship....but hey, what the shit do I know about these things? LOL.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 01:02:55 AM »
And you thought that life was all black and white? Trust me on this, there is a whole range of gray that works for a lot of people.  I am not unique in anyway. Perhaps the only thing that you will learn from me is that I am willing to discuss the nuisances of being admittedly gay and being willing do discuss all the complications that evolve from this. And yes, I have been happily married for over 48 years. In a word,  I would say that honesty is the key to a happy long term relationship....but hey, what the shit do I know about these things? LOL.
Does she let you be with other men? Or is it just a feeling, but you are still faithful to only her?

I know many people have different ideas on marriage and relationships, so clearly whatever you do works with being married that long.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Does she let you be with other men? Or is it just a feeling, but you are still faithful to only her?

I know many people have different ideas on marriage and relationships, so clearly whatever you do works with being married that long.

My wife and I have a very traditional marriage. I have no desire to stray outside my marriage at this point in my life. It is not a matter of what my wife "lets" me do, but what I want to do. We are a very loving couple with mutual interests who enjoys spending a lot of time together. This doesn't leave much room for either of us to become bored with the other. Each of us also have separate interests and pursuits outside the home. She meets with a group of her old work cronies about once a month for lunch. I am a union and political activist. I chair a non-profit. I also have a couple of friends I lunch with on occasion. My wife has never  been interested in exercise and so does not go to the gym. I have always been one to stay fairly fit. I think we have a good balanced relationship.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »
I only know one person that gives a shit about a Kindle and she is gay.  Well played Kindle. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »
I only know one person that gives a shit about a Kindle and she is gay.  Well played Kindle. 

A few years back, I bought my wife a Nook. She never used it and now that I decided to try it, we cannot find it. She probably packed it up along with some books we donated to our local public library resale.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:55 PM »
A few years back, I bought my wife a Nook. She never used it and now that I decided to try it, we cannot find it. She probably packed it up along with some books we donated to our local public library resale.

I have no problem with homosexual people, but shouldn't traditional ways / roles be respected?

Aren't we all better off, and shouldn't people at least be encouraged to do what's been traditionally considered "normal"?

Some people will be gay, some people will have probably been born the wrong gender, etc...  They're the exception

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:48 PM »

I have no problem with homosexual people, but shouldn't traditional ways / roles be respected?

Aren't we all better off, and shouldn't people at least be encouraged to do what's been traditionally considered "normal"?

Some people will be gay, some people will have probably been born the wrong gender, etc...  They're the exception

How are traditional roles not being respected?

People should be encouraged to be the best they can be. Remember that your normal may not be the same as someone else. One definition of tradition is a long-established custom or belief that has been passed on. Traditions are not always right or good. If you are suggesting people should be encouraged to be straight, I guess you don't get that sexual preference is not a choice one makes like what color suit to wear, what color hair you want to have or whether to be a mechanic or a doctor.

I once read a book titled the 6th Man. The premise of the book was that one in 6 men are gay. So yes that being the case, homosexuals are a minority. Transgendered folks are probably even more in the minority, I don't really know.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
I finally saw the Kindle commercial that inspired this thread. From my perspective, it seemed rather humorous. The focus certainly was on the benefits of a Kindle. The few seconds in the end where the women thinks the guy is hitting on her only to discover that he is not was catchy and makes the commercial memorable. My wife thinks it is a funny commercial and she's definitely straight.

the trainer

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2013, 04:45:12 AM »
Have you guys seen this? Dude is hitting on a girl, she says "my husband is getting me a drink", and he says "so is mine".  Have TV commercials come to this? Glad I got a nook.

So why is he hitting on her if he is gay stupid commercial, and kindle is a piece of shit so who gives a fuck. FYI if you cannot afford an ipad then all i can say is too bad.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2013, 04:47:36 AM »
What's wrong with gay people?

They deserve the rights and respect that any other human has.

What's 'wrong' with gay people is not the issue here, it's the fact that media is agenda driven and forces a very marginalised lifestyle upon the majority with sickening repetition and volume, that is completely disproportionate.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2013, 04:50:32 AM »
Thats why I read the old fashioned way

...a book!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2013, 04:51:43 AM »
Thats why I read the old fashioned way

...a book!

Lol yes, you can guarantee a gay won't jump out the page and show you his cock!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »
Bumpers

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
So why is he hitting on her if he is gay stupid commercial, and kindle is a piece of shit so who gives a fuck. FYI if you cannot afford an ipad then all i can say is too bad.

He isn't hitting on her. She imagines that he is because he is being nice to her. Now this could be an "agenda" worth talking about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2013, 10:44:09 AM »
What's 'wrong' with gay people is not the issue here, it's the fact that media is agenda driven and forces a very marginalised lifestyle upon the majority with sickening repetition and volume, that is completely disproportionate.

How is one line in a commercial disproportionate? I realize now that I had seen that commercial before and never paid attention to what he said until someone brought it up here. Maybe what is disproportionate is some getbiggers reaction to it and not the actual commercial. The lifestyle you speak of is not as marginalized as you think.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
wait what the fuck

that old fella always spreading his knowledge about marriage is a homo?$

what

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »
He isn't hitting on her. She imagines that he is because he is being nice to her. Now this could be an "agenda" worth talking about.

You are right.  Entitled, presumptuous whores.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
wait what the fuck

that old fella always spreading his knowledge about marriage is a homo?$

what

If you are speaking about me, speak to me please. My "knowledge" about marriage is experience, my and my wife's experience. Every marriage is different. I have no special knowledge to spread. My sexuality should be of no concern to anyone on Getbig. In fact, it concerns no one but me and my wife when all is said and done.

I noticed you included a $ sign in your post....did you want to send me money for advice?

Everything is in perspective. I may be an old fella to you, but to someone in their 70's, I am young(er).

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »

I agree 100% that traditional ways should be preserved and respected.  Right now they are flat out under attack by Democrats, Hollywood and the gay lobby.  Most of their ideas are totally fucked and I couldn't disagree with them more.  As you probably know I'm pretty conservative in my politics.  

However, when it comes to homosexuals I think we should allow them equal rights.  Marriage, and all that.  I've gotten to know quite a few queers and lezzies over the years and they are super cool people.  Most of them don't have a choice in the matter.  There are a lot of gay people is the USA and I think that not giving them equal protection under the law is wrong.  Also, they tend to flock to leftist ideas as a reaction to feeling rejected by the mainstream of society.  I feel giving them equal rights will get them re-invested in the country and stop them from looking at politics through such a narrow perspective.  If they don't have this stuff to bitch about anymore maybe they will start to see the big picture.  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
I agree 100% that traditional ways should be preserved and respected.  Right now they are flat out under attack by Democrats, Hollywood and the gay lobby.  Most of their ideas are totally fucked and I couldn't disagree with them more.  As you probably know I'm pretty conservative in my politics.  

However, when it comes to homosexuals I think we should allow them equal rights.  Marriage, and all that.  I've gotten to know quite a few queers and lezzies over the years and they are super cool people.  Most of them don't have a choice in the matter.  There are a lot of gay people is the USA and I think that not giving them equal protection under the law is wrong.  Also, they tend to flock to leftist ideas as a reaction to feeling rejected by the mainstream of society.  I feel giving them equal rights will get them re-invested in the country and stop them from looking at politics through such a narrow perspective.  If they don't have this stuff to bitch about anymore maybe they will start to see the big picture.  

Cool, good post...  I like your point of view on this.

I know exactly what you mean.  I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, I just think like you said traditional values are under attack and have been for some time.  Not that there isn't room for everyone's values, but I think we should respect the way our grandparents lived.

I'm also a fan of the gays I know.  Every one of them (that I know) is hardworking, and contribute to society.  The thing that strikes me about gay people I know is that they're considerate which is rare today of anyone. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »

Cool, good post...  I like your point of view on this.

I know exactly what you mean.  I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, I just think like you said traditional values are under attack and have been for some time.  Not that there isn't room for everyone's values, but I think we should respect the way our grandparents lived.

I'm also a fan of the gays I know.  Every one of them (that I know) is hardworking, and contribute to society.  The thing that strikes me about gay people I know is that they're considerate which is rare today of anyone. 

Coming from an old bisexual man who has been married to the wonderful woman for nearly fifty years in a traditional marriage, here are my thoughts on this: traditional values are passed down from one generation to the next. This is what my wife and I passed on to our children. Take two people who are completely different when it comes how they were raised; their religious indoctrination, their parental experiences, economic backgrounds, and finally sexual orientation, bring them together through love, respect and commitment to one another and you have a formula for success in pretty much every traditional way. The proof in the pudding is that our children are both in traditional, long term successful marriages.

I agree that a lot of gay folks are more considerate and forgiving of others shortcomings. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that they have experienced more of the hurt people inflict on each other for no apparent reason.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2013, 11:21:59 PM »
Coming from an old bisexual man who has been married to the wonderful woman for nearly fifty years in a traditional marriage, here are my thoughts on this: traditional values are passed down from one generation to the next. This is what my wife and I passed on to our children. Take two people who are completely different when it comes how they were raised; their religious indoctrination, their parental experiences, economic backgrounds, and finally sexual orientation, bring them together through love, respect and commitment to one another and you have a formula for success in pretty much every traditional way. The proof in the pudding is that our children are both in traditional, long term successful marriages.

I agree that a lot of gay folks are more considerate and forgiving of others shortcomings. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that they have experienced more of the hurt people inflict on each other for no apparent reason.

Hmmm... Maybe I've learned a thing or two in this thread. 

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2013, 02:51:19 AM »
It is sad the things that agitate the minds of supposedly heterosexual men on a bodybuilding website when they are not commenting on pictures of supposedly heterosexual men tanned and oiled in ambitions shoelaces.
c

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2013, 07:29:59 AM »