Author Topic: any of u dudes ever been able to increase your training loads while on a "diet"?  (Read 2705 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
i'm a bit too fat now for my liking (33 inch waist) so now it's time to rip up and i'm gonna try and do so while continuing to increase my training loads, so my question is...

have any of you fellas been able to increase training loads while on a diet, and if so how did you do it? did you train less? did you eat more protein while keeping cals below maintenance levels?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
i'm a bit too fat now for my liking (33 inch waist) so now it's time to rip up and i'm gonna try and do so while continuing to increase my training loads, so my question is...

have any of you fellas been able to increase training loads while on a diet, and if so how did you do it? did you train less? did you eat more protein while keeping cals below maintenance levels?
My experiences when entering BB contests, I was able to do some of my heaviest weights until about 2 weeks out before dropping water intake. I kept the weights heavy so not to lose size. I always started the diet just below maintenance and dropped slowly, no starvation muscle size will be lost.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
My experiences when entering BB contests, I was able to do some of my heaviest weights until about 2 weeks out before dropping water intake. I kept the weights heavy so not to lose size. I always started the diet just below maintenance and dropped slowly, no starvation muscle size will be lost.

yeah man, i know that it's cals in vs. cals out

but this time instead of just dropping cals, i'll be dropping cals while making sure my protein intake doesn't go down too low

last time out when i dropped my cals i was getting maybe 60 grams of protein per day, this time around i'll try and keep my protein intake to no less than 120 grams per day

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
yeah man, i know that it's cals in vs. cals out

but this time instead of just dropping cals, i'll be dropping cals while making sure my protein intake doesn't go down too low

last time out when i dropped my cals i was getting maybe 60 grams of protein per day, this time around i'll try and keep my protein intake to no less than 120 grams per day
Yea 60 is too low, best to get least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. You can try 120 as a test.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Yea 60 is too low, best to get least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. You can try 120 as a test.

180 grams is ALOT man (remember, i only eat 2 or 3 times per day)

i'll try 120 1st and if it ain't enough i guess that i'll have to buy some goddamn protein powder then >:(

Yev33

• Getbig III
It depends on how lean you are trying to get. I would say you are going to be OK until you try to go below 9%.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
yes ofc, this is why you increase the dosage for cutting diet.

or go off entirely before a cutting diet.

then this is very possible, to get stronger while getting leaner.

otherwise i dont think so.

and yes, toward competition level leanness, fatigue and water restriction gonna do you in.

well i've been @ 10 mg per day roughly 5 days per week (on training days) so you're saying that if i would take it up to 20 mg per day while cutting then it would be a wise move?

and btw, i ain't gonna go to competition level leaness, as i plan to hit 6-7% and then just stay there

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
It depends on how lean you are trying to get. I would say you are going to be OK until you try to go below 9%.

i'm already @ 10-11% and i plan on going down to 6-7%

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
yes ofc, this is why you increase the dosage for cutting diet.

or go off entirely before a cutting diet.

then this is very possible, to get stronger while getting leaner.

otherwise i dont think so.

and yes, toward competition level leanness, fatigue and water restriction gonna do you in.
gali/mr nobody covered it,,,its what i do and have done,,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
you see, the thing is...

it's pretty damn easy to get down to 8% but then getting down to sub-7 from there is a real fucking bitch >:(

so, i really gotta get 1 gram per fucking pound of bodyweight?

i guess that i could drink .5% milk then

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
nah man, at 9% one should still be quite powerfull.

at 6% comes the brutal meltdown, depending if one dont increase the dosage and how low he goes on calories.

but lets say one guy is at 6% and has rested for couple days and filled up on food and gear( ;D ),he will be very very strong.

but if hes depleted and wants to lose more fat,he gonna likely not break an lifting records,haha
8/9 is nice strong /fill.veins.still full look with good abs ..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
8/9 is nice strong /fill.veins.still full look with good abs ..

yep

but 6-7 is where THE MAGIC begins 8) ;D ;)

and btw, are there any suggestions for high protein food sources which are lo-fat? p.s. i won't eat tuna or ckicken breasts coz they are both bland and dull as hell to eat

as of now my main protein sources are gonna be eggs, cheese, milk, and bacon, but the problem is all of those protein sources are high-fat :-X i guess i could go with .5% milk instead of 2% milk, and take the yolks out of most of the eggs that i'll cook and eat

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
now that i think more about this protein issue i guess that it's best that i should just eliminate the bacon, coz even though it's delicious it's just not worth it to eat it since it has a very shit protein to calorie ratio

and i suppose that i should still get a decent amount of carbs, since they are indeed protein sparring (so maybe i can still have just 1 sweet muffin per day ;D)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
now that i think more about this protein issue i guess that it's best that i should just eliminate the bacon, coz even though it's delicious it's just not worth it to eat it since it has a very shit protein to calorie ratio

and i suppose that i should still get a decent amount of carbs, since they are indeed protein sparring (so maybe i can still have just 1 sweet muffin per day ;D)
to be honest with u dj,,some of those food choices your getting to adonisis territory eat anything to get ripped,,if u get to 6 pct and are there and shredded for a while there ,,then yeah ur body explodes when it get those fats/sodium and then u go right back to ur diet.milk/cheeses too me add watery look take away from crispness of skin,,temporarily yeah but dieting no,,,at least for me....now tuna,low fat meat,chicken spice it up,cottage cheeses i hate it but its sorta ok,greek yogurt has good protein when u add protein powder to it,,,its the way to go...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
thanks for the feedback nj

yeah, i forgot all about cottage cheese, so that could be a good alternative to regular cheese, so i think i'll go ahead and replace the cheese with cottage cheese then ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
thanks for the feedback nj

yeah, i forgot all about cottage cheese, so that could be a good alternative to regular cheese, so i think i'll go ahead and replace the cheese with cottage cheese then ;D
JUST TRYING TO ADD INPUT WITHOUT STEPPING ON TOES OR INSULTING SOMEONE

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
JUST TRYING TO ADD INPUT WITHOUT STEPPING ON TOES OR INSULTING SOMEONE

don't worry man, you got a good soul, so i'd never curse you out brother ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
i'll send out a back double bi to a few dudes here in a few days and they can assess when i'm at bodyfat wise

i'd put myself @ 10-11% but i'll see what they say and if they agree

i'm confident that i'll hit 8% by the end of this month (within 3 weeks time)

after i hit 8% it'll be a real bitch taking it down to sub-7 territory, or at least i think so ;)