Author Topic: Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage  (Read 5806 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: Republican Rob Portman Supports Gay Marriage
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »
I'm sure there are some absurd proposals but I have no problem with most of the stuff you just mentioned

Then you effectively support the prevention of law-abiding citizens the right to ownership of a firearm in the defense of their home.  You stated that you did not.  Don't make vague statements, then toss up red herrings, and ultimately deflect the argument.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »
Sorry, Dario. Even I don't hit that hard.

HAHHAHAHA!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
those kids at Sandy Hook were literally dismembered by being shot multiple times and I think if one of those kids was Rob Portmans precious little grandchild
 he would suddenly be in favor of some of the very modest proposals being suggested

I think we should have shown the photos of the carnage in that school on TV and in every paper

If we can handle guns in this country then we can handle looking at the photos of the effects of using those guns

I assume no one on this board would have a problem with that
Lol I bet your libtard ass would be up in arms if some anti abortionist group started showing aborted babies on tv and in newspapers

But as long as it pushes your agenda right, Feinstein would be proud bro

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »
Lol I bet your libtard ass would be up in arms if some anti abortionist group started showing aborted babies on tv and in newspapers

But as long as it pushes your agenda right, Feinstein would be proud bro

a thread about queer mariage moving on to gun control but currently about the results of some heterosexual activities.
c

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »
We know what you wrote. You were blasting a Republican, who initially opposed gay "marriage" for religious reasons, for changing his tune for personal (and perhaps, political) expediency.

Yet, you voted for a guy who, initially opposed gay "marriage" for religious reasons (to a pastor's face, no less), but later changed his tune for political (and perhaps, personal) expediency.

Political expediency is merely your ASSUMPTION and not at all his stated reason and I certainly don't agree with your assumption (and  it's fucking stupid assumption at that as if somehow supporting gay marriage it going HELP Obama when in the past others, perhaps even you had suggested it would hurt him because of the belief that the majority of people were against it)

On the other hand Portmans stated reason is now that it effects someone in his family he's all for it where in the past it only effected other people and he was against it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
Then you effectively support the prevention of law-abiding citizens the right to ownership of a firearm in the defense of their home.  You stated that you did not.  Don't make vague statements, then toss up red herrings, and ultimately deflect the argument.

false

I see no need for a high capacity magazine as a necessity to defend ones home

feel free to show me real life examples where it was necessary

The only real life examples I see are of nutbags using them to massacre many people in a matter of seconds

I also have no problem with strict background checks, waiting periods, training, etc...

I've been over all this before so I really don't want to waste my time going over it again

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 05:50:25 PM »
false

The only real life examples I see are of nutbags using them to massacre many people in a matter of seconds

I also have no problem with strict background checks, waiting periods, training, etc...

I've been over all this before so I really don't want to waste my time going over it again

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/12/22/police-say-1-dead-3-wounded-in-sac-home-invasion/

Watch the video.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
false

Home invasions are rarely just one suspect.  Its usually multiple.  If you live somewhere where the nearest police officer or law enforcement is 20 or so miles away (which a lot of people in the United States do), you will want as much firepower as you can get just in case because nobody but yourself will be there to protect you.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Political expediency is merely your ASSUMPTION and not at all his stated reason and I certainly don't agree with your assumption (and  it's fucking stupid assumption at that as if somehow supporting gay marriage it going HELP Obama when in the past others, perhaps even you had suggested it would hurt him because of the belief that the majority of people were against it)

On the other hand Portmans stated reason is now that it effects someone in his family he's all for it where in the past it only effected other people and he was against it

Yet again, you're ducking the point of the matter: Both Obama and Portman CONVENIENTLY changed their tunes on gay "marriage", which they previously opposed for religious reasons.

The fact that you're doing the pretzel routine on yourself, blasting Portman's flipping while excusing that of Obama, just reeks of your typical excuse-laden kneepadding for Obama.

Obama doesn't have to say he did it for political reasons. His gay donors, breathing down his neck threatening to dry up the spigots (coupled with Biden's spilling the beans too early and getting reamed for it), tell the story.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »
Yet again, you're ducking the point of the matter: Both Obama and Portman CONVENIENTLY changed their tunes on gay "marriage", which they previously opposed for religious reasons.

Quick Question: Why do you think an endorsement of an ability to get married translates as an endorsement of the marriage itself?

You seem to lose the distinction of those in your anti-gay-marriage posts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »
Quick Question: Why do you think an endorsement of an ability to get married translates as an endorsement of the marriage itself?

You seem to lose the distinction of those in your anti-gay-marriage posts.

Quick Answer: You can't get or have something without that something being clearly defined. Both Obama and Portman defined marriage as "one man and one woman", initially.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »
Home invasions with multiple intruders happen on a daily basis.  Most Home Invasions in fact occur with multiple intruders. 

http://www.kcra.com/news/3-wounded-one-intruder-dead-in-Sacramento-home-invasion/-/11797728/17875642/-/2o7y1hz/-/index.html

3 wounded, one intruder dead in Sacramento home invasion
Police: Homeowner exchanged gunfire with intruders

UPDATED 2:35 PM PST Dec 23, 2012

(Dec. 22, 2012)

Leticia Ordaz/KCRA 3
VIEW LARGE
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —Sacramento police are investigating a home invasion robbery on Haven Court that left one intruder dead and three others injured on Saturday.

Police have arrested Thomas Ordonaz, 21. He is charged with assault with a deadly weapon and accessory after the fact.

The incident happened at 3:30 a.m. in the Pocket neighborhood.

Investigators said during the course of the robbery, gunfire was exchanged and total of four people were shot.

Police confirmed one man, who was an intruder, died at the scene; three others were transported to the hospital and are expected to be OK.

At this time, Sacramento police will not release the identity of the shooter or victims.

Several frantic parents showed up to the crime scene to find the street shut down for the investigation.

One man who did not want to be identified said his 12-year-old had spent the night at the house and was there when the shooting took place.

He was waiting to pick him up.

A woman came by to pick up a 1-year-old boy in the home.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/3-wounded-one-intruder-dead-in-Sacramento-home-invasion/-/11797728/17875642/-/2o7y1hz/-/index.html#ixzz2Nd3SchGY

Don't waste your time with these naive anti gun fools.  You won't accomplish anything

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
Quick Answer: You can't get or have something without that something being clearly defined. Both Obama and Portman defined marriage as "one man and one woman", initially.

But I see no inconsistency between "I think a marriage should be only between a man and a woman" and "homosexuals should have a chance to get married."

Aren't those two basically Obama's statements? (I don't follow everyday politics much).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2013, 07:03:05 PM »
But I see no inconsistency between "I think a marriage should be only between a man and a woman" and "homosexuals should have a chance to get married."

Aren't those two basically Obama's statements? (I don't follow everyday politics much).

No, they are not. He stated on MTV, during his 2008 campaign to the "Rock the Vote" crew that he did not believe in same-sex marriage. At no time did he state, BACK THEN, that "homosexuals should have a chance to get married". The closest he got was civil unions and that was more to do with visitation rights in hospitals and the like.

My point is that both Portman and Obama changed their tune for expediency. What's laughable is Straw's ripping Portman for such while excusing Obama, especially since BOTH claim their initial opposition was based on RELIGIOUS GROUNDS.

Obama stated, to Pastor Warren's face, "I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 07:57:35 PM »
false

how can someone with such a strong opinion on this subject be so woefully uneducated on it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2013, 03:52:59 AM »
Hahaha, barely 3 posts into this thread it's veered off-topic from gay marriage to gun control? ADHD much? lol

I doubt it was any great epiphany, but rather a case of adhering to the GOP message.
Is he claiming his son was in-the-closet all these years and he didn't know? ::) ::)
Looks like political expediency to me. It's like so many other politicians finally finding their balls and coming out in favour of medicinal marijuana only AFTER they've won re-election.
w

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
We will see it become a default position, with any politician, to avoid opposition to 'immigration reform', 'gun control', and 'gay marriage'.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »
Glad this guy thinks like a normal person, what's your point?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
geezus.
OP was about GOP peep coming out for gay marriage.
then it became gun issue thread.
either bring up the Bible or get back on the OP.
w

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
geezus.

what even more hardback bible humping?
c

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
geezus.
No, OP made it about guns in the first post of his thread when he stated:

"Maybe we just need some Republican congress people to have some of their loved ones (perhaps their darling grand children) literally shot to pieces at point blank range so that they can finally have a change of heart on some forms of gun legislation.   "

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 02:47:35 PM »
what even more hardback bible humping?
hmmmmmmmmmm.
humping the bible?
now that's one I've never thought of before.
and I've thought of lots of things.

guess I'm still naive in 333386's mind.
w

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 02:54:26 PM »
and I've thought of lots of things.

guess I'm still naive in 333386's mind.

go wash your mind out read the expanded edition of the telephone numbers collected wisdom.
c