Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 450744 times)

Rammstein

• Getbig III
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #2350 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:58 AM »
Layne Norton on low cal diets (see the comment section at http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/07/23/straight-talk-about-serious-dieting/):

Layne Norton says:

July 23, 2013 at 8:02 pm - Reply

while the term ‘metabolic damage’ is certainly a misnomer (no damage occurs to the cells) metabolic adaptation is very well documented as is the massive regain period that follows severe caloric restriction. It makes me disappointed that a lecturer would have such a limited view of fat loss. Severe caloric restriction not only produces physical but psychological emphasis for massive weight regain and even pushing further past origional bodyfat setpoints. For a fantastic review of why low calorie dieting is not a long term solution I would encourage everyone to read the following review by a great lab at the University of Colorado.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3174765/

This honestly looks like the typical article I find from coaches who defer blame to clients and just accuse them of ‘not being tough enough.’ In my opinion, a complete cop out for not being able to produce long term changes in body composition

This article on suppversity also details things nicely: http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/07/do-chronic-energy-deficits-make.html

The gal/no one principles are the best thing that happened to me with regard to dieting. Lost 7 kg in 4 weeks after switching from a 2000-2500 kcal diet (protein + fat only) through which I dropped 6 kg during a longer time frame.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #2351 on: July 26, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
 ;D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE

ukjeff

« Reply #2353 on: July 26, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »
Who is this athlete?

Its gal 5 minutes after hes come off his diet.

CygaWWA

• Getbig I
« Reply #2354 on: August 23, 2013, 11:07:32 AM »
WHAT do you think about providing about 600-800 calories per day from such cocktails: 5 cocktails per day for a total of: 559 calories, 57 grams protein, 72 grams of carbon and 13 grams of fat. Can I be on that reduce or throw it to hell and eat the same protein type 8 whole eggs a day and three steaks?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2355 on: August 23, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
A corona would blow all his hard work, he will have a corona bottle filled with distilled water walking around like a peacock while everyone laughs when he walks past.
This guy will get more pussy than a puffed up peacock.

that bloke on the sothern comfort ad is awesome

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2356 on: August 23, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »
Gal/no one can we talk more about appetite suppresants to help deal with the hunger? 

I know gal uses nicotine.

Other options:

-diet soda
-big glass of water
-find something to keep busy
- nap (I found this works well)

What else is there?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2357 on: August 23, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
Gal/no one can we talk more about appetite suppresants to help deal with the hunger? 

Other options:

-diet soda
-big glass of water

What else is there?

I started a thread you can take a look through but at the end of the day, if you don't have the will power absolutely nothing will work.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=420190.0

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #2358 on: August 23, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
mt2,

a liter of hot coffee.

looking at obese people

;D

every time when I see grotesques female  :P I can't eat for a day  >:(

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2359 on: August 23, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
I started a thread you can take a look through but at the end of the day, if you don't have the will power absolutely nothing will work.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=420190.0

Thanks.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #2360 on: August 23, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »
massively fat people could not wipe their arses, arms a just too short  ;D ;D
just think (imagine) about that  :P :P :P appetite instantly goes away  ;) ;) ;)

Dominic

• Getbig II
« Reply #2361 on: August 23, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
Gal,

Any input with regards to the loading phase as i posted on OTH's thread?
There is a war going on there lol. Already had a great input from OTH and i hope to learn from u and noone as well.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2362 on: August 24, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »
So far I noticed the longer you go without eating ( talkin 20hrs plus) the less hungry you are. Just end up eating because of lite headedness and avoidance of catabolism.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #2363 on: August 24, 2013, 12:51:05 AM »
So far I noticed the longer you go without eating ( talkin 20hrs plus) the less hungry you are. Just end up eating because of lite headedness and avoidance of catabolism.

my longest was 15 hours and that was it, I could not handle any longer. Mind you this is the first time I am doing this type of diet so it is a bit of shock for body but results are great so far.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #2364 on: August 24, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »

yup. i noticed i can roll off 24-28 hrs np. then i get hungry. like to the point it all you think about until you eat. now im at a point whre since i know its not going to go away i'll just eat. gives my mind some peace, and honestly there has to be a demand for cals at this point for so really grinding out 6 more hrs or so if im already running a 1kcal defecit at least a day isnt worth the non stop thinking of food.

gal said it best above, and we address it in the book- first and formeost is willpower. i havent had willpower for 2 weeks and have been eating everything under the sun. and its has really taken a toll. the good part is i think willpower and just not wanting to be fat go hand in hand :D
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #2365 on: August 24, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »

my longest was 15 hours and that was it, I could not handle any longer. Mind you this is the first time I am doing this type of diet so it is a bit of shock for body but results are great so far.

you'll fidnt he more your body acclimates to the diet the longer your fasted periods will go. i *can* go upwards of the high 30's now but like i said above the trade off is doing nothing but thinmking about food for the last 6-8 hrs of them. not worth the fighting.
b

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2366 on: August 24, 2013, 03:40:58 AM »
you'll fidnt he more your body acclimates to the diet the longer your fasted periods will go. i *can* go upwards of the high 30's now but like i said above the trade off is doing nothing but thinmking about food for the last 6-8 hrs of them. not worth the fighting.
Im guessing that you and gal dont have labor intensive jobs. There is no way you can go 20+ hours without food, when you are busting ass at a job.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2367 on: August 24, 2013, 04:47:07 AM »
Im guessing that you and gal dont have labor intensive jobs. There is no way you can go 20+ hours without food, when you are busting ass at a job.

your body adapts, i find it easier to starve when busy working hard. When just sitting around its torture

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2368 on: August 24, 2013, 05:55:48 AM »
i do have intense job, and work out every day, thatll be intense enough, the record was 60hrs.

but yeah somewhere at 24hrs it becomes extremly hard, but a job helps actually to get over it, you wouldnt know you have not been to the twilight zone, its worse than drug withdrawals, its worse than not having alc for a while(to make it understandable for you), but the work keeps you busy, helps forgetting the hungers.
while just sitting at home doing nothing, fasting will make you go crazy.
the mental barrier is somewhere 24hrs, the physical is def somewhere after 48hrs, hell looking back i ask myself how i managed 60.
but 30 seems best for me, reward-wise.

it also has to be some period which just avoids you from having a huge binge next meal, the longer the fast ,the more one risks a binge later on, wont work so well the binge, for the stomach will be all sucked in.
Well Ill be damned! A reply from Gal that wasnt wishing me dead. There might be hope for you yet.  :)

ukjeff

« Reply #2369 on: August 24, 2013, 06:06:44 AM »
haha, nah, you know, when we emailed back and forth, and i was almost going crazy for food, then i read you email you said youre 30hrs in, then i went like "damn damn, this is impressive, ill do another day of no food ,then"

PSSST Gal...hes full of shit.
Next time "No one or OTH posts remember this little song

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2370 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:17 AM »

Other options:

-diet soda
-big glass of water

What else is there?

I've found that a bit of planning and a commitment solves this problem. Most people, especially the obese, take a slapdash approach, and do a lot of impulse eating.

In the OTH thread, he knew exactly what he was gonna eat, and that was it. The hunger pains will come and go. It's not like you're gonna starve to death.

CygaWWA

• Getbig I
« Reply #2371 on: August 24, 2013, 08:45:49 AM »
galeniko please reply to the message

CygaWWA

• Getbig I
« Reply #2372 on: August 24, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
yah i will, but i thought you were taking the piss, you said send the book,lol, but didnt ask where to pay haha ;D

Please write where you can send, I wrote that I come from Polish and here your book is not available

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2373 on: August 24, 2013, 02:25:47 PM »
i havent had willpower for 2 weeks and have been eating everything under the sun. and its has really taken a toll. the good part is i think willpower and just not wanting to be fat go hand in hand :D

That fat is such a pain in the ass to take off but way too easy to put back on.  :(

Please write where you can send, I wrote that I come from Polish and here your book is not available

;D

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #2374 on: August 24, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
That fat is such a pain in the ass to take off but way too easy to put back on.  :(

;D

and then hard to take back off again wtf! :D
b