Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 458267 times)

nolotil

• Getbig III
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2013, 05:10:38 AM »
laim norlom look shit except comp,, long prep give him time for hormona up muscle mass,, he lie it same mass as offseason,, offseason fat, end product hormona product not just offseason minus fat,,

bbrower

• Getbig II
« Reply #701 on: June 06, 2013, 05:13:08 AM »
Best thread goin. Thanks to all that contribute.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #702 on: June 06, 2013, 05:20:50 AM »
I'm pretty much in line with what No One and Gal say.

These are my principles:

1. don't cheat on the diet. If you get X amount of calories, then only eat that. Cheating because you think you need to top up the tank with more calories is bullshit justification for weakness. Suffer and get there. Do or do not.

2. the amount of meals you eat isn't really relevant. 'It's calories in vs calories out. Eat them all at once, or space it out and eat 20 meals a day if you like. It won't matter. The body is a marvelous machine that will adapt to absorb what it needs to survive and thrive. And when you're dieting, your body wants to survive. It will preserve muscle and shed fat. That's why your body has fat in the first place...to keep you alive when you starve.

3. do it quick. Don't pussy foot around. Do the job, get in and get out. Focus on the goal, and get to point A from point B as fast as you can reasonably do it. Diet as quickly as you can. Humans wane in their passion for long-term goals - that is the inevitability of human nature. Appreciate this; set a lofty goal and chase it down with all of your passion and power.

4. food choices don't matter for physique composition. Now, some guys like typical bb'ing foods because it keeps them regimented and it's easy to plan and cook. This is a mental choice...not a physical one. Some guys like different foods because it allows them to taste foods they like and they feel they can control caloric intake even if they eat non-traditional foods (like TA). If you can be disciplined in this approach, great. If not, then just pick a dozen food sources and stick to them. It really doesn't matter physically. What matters is that you can stick to it, and not deviate. That is the best plan. You know your weaknesses and triggers best. Choose the approach that allows you to master your triggers that cause you to deviate. Some guys can't eat just a few potato chips or a small bowl of ice cream or a single bottle of beer without going hog wild -- for you guys, eat bb'ing foods. For those of you who find that little tastes of non-traditional bb'ing foods allows you to hold to a steady caloric intake, then do it. This is purely an emotional and mental issue...it will not affect physique composition to any material extent. Stop convincing yourself otherwise and open up to new ways of thinking.

5. You don't need 500g of protein per day. You might like eating that much, but you don't need that much. Stop rationalizing your thought processes. Test yourself and see what happens. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

6. There are no "bad foods". There is only too much, or not enough. Not enough, and you lose fat. Too much, and you gain fat.

7. Live life. Bodybuilding should complement your life, not run it. Be a human. Enjoy all that humanity has to offer. Don't ostracize yourself from friends and family because your tupperware won't travel. Is that really "living"? Is your end goal really to be a slave to the Foreman grill and a tupperware container?

8. Training doesn't matter all that much, in terms of what program you're doing. Your body will develop to its potential as long as you are consistently in the gym. Ergo, choose programs that allow you to consistently hit the gym. Don't lift stupid and get injured. Don't burn out on ridiculously long or intense programs. Don't get bored with training. Change it up not to shock the muscles (that's pretty stupid); change it up to keep you interested. The more consistent you are with hitting the gym regularly without getting hurt or burning out, the closer you'll come to achieving the best you can.

9. Don't waste time with cardio. Do it if you like, for sure. But it doesn't burn all that many calories. Lift some more weights and burn more calories. You probably like lifting weights more than walking on a treadmill anyways. And if you must do cardio, do something productive. Cut the grass; go take a walk with your wife and talk to her; go run around with the kids; play a game of tennis with an old friend. Have a life for christ's sake.

10. Don't over-complicate it. When you get crazy with excel spreadsheets planning out your training and diet plans, you've gone too far. It's not rocket science. Consistency yields 99% of the results you're after. The rest is just mental masturbation. Own your shit.

A + my friend A+!!!,, this amazing posty, truly amazing,, you write good,,

now you ready to be guru and start website or blog,,, just kiddin  :D

A+!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #703 on: June 06, 2013, 05:59:46 AM »
Depends on a few things.

First, I have never seen a deadlift picture or video of you so I am not sure what you can do.

Second, are we talking Power to Weight or Total Weight?  If you weigh 250 lbs and are only deadlifting 600 thats the equivalent of me doing 425 for reps- Quite easy to do.
Lol
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #704 on: June 06, 2013, 06:04:04 AM »
Galeniko would be one of the first posters I'd try to get to write for me should I start an article site

ukjeff

« Reply #705 on: June 06, 2013, 06:51:25 AM »
If you intend to eat mainly protein and a few fibrous carbs then its going to be very difficult to eat enough food without getting to the point were you having way to much protein.

If you have a BMR of 2500 for example and you need to drop weight then you can cut back to 2000 cals and lose, agreed?
So now you would be eating around 1600-1700 cals of protein which equates to around 400 grams of protein, if you weigh 175 lbs isn't that a little excessive?

The main reason this diet works isn't because its a pure protein diet its because you would end up basically eating hardly anything at all because you couldn't stomach all the protein.

Oh and if you did this diet drug free you would very quickly disappear.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #706 on: June 06, 2013, 06:55:03 AM »
That post was epic snx, I agreed 100% with almost everything you said there bro.

Adam, Gal & snx making some epic posts in this thread. You could literally read a single one of them, and do away with the entire site bodybuilding.com, replacing it with that lol.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #707 on: June 06, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »
HANGCLEAN NICE PIC,GOOD CALVES ,,,THICK LOOKING BUILD.GOOD POSTS HERE GALI REALLY BRING IT HERE AND ADAM SOME GOOD POINTS IN BETWEEN,SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING FULL POSTS BEFORE RESPONDING AND NOT A LINE HERE LINE THERE AND RESPONDING WITH NONSENSE,,,

ukjeff

« Reply #708 on: June 06, 2013, 07:02:29 AM »
Just a thought
Wouldn't eating nothing at all and just downing amino acid supplements with water work better?

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #709 on: June 06, 2013, 07:04:36 AM »
props to you bro.

Now about the carbs making you look flat, you do realize that you are suppose to carb up for the contest right?  :D
for some reason, when i go any extended amount of time without carbs my body does not respond as well to them and everything just gets out of whack.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #710 on: June 06, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »
Just a thought
Wouldn't eating nothing at all and just downing amino acid supplements with water work better?
LOL,,GOOD THEORY,,NEEDS TO BE PUT IN PLAN WHO COULD BE GUINEA PIG?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #711 on: June 06, 2013, 08:56:17 AM »
Just a thought

it's kinda all speculative till someone does it.

you'll hear people say 'oh this will happen and that will happen' without even having tried it. at best it's an outside guess what would happen.

imo is it possible? prolly. but for what? if my maintenance is 3k cal at 240 7% and I'm taking in 800-1000 cals on my low days and still functioning well, and I'm in a 2k cal deficit I don't see the benefit in a total starvation scenario. like at some point you have to weight benefits vs cost. for me it's a positive trade off to do what I'm doing. I function very well. I fail to see how there'd be any possible benefit cutting out the remaining 800 cals going starvation. this is strictly a cost/benefit ratio I'm talking about.

picture driving your car 180 mikes an hour. you can squeeze another 30 mph out if it but is it worth blowing your block and all the costs associated with it for such a negligible increase in speed?
b

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #712 on: June 06, 2013, 08:57:36 AM »
it's kinda all speculative till someone does it.

you'll hear people say 'oh this will happen and that will happen' without even having tried it. at best it's an outside guess what would happen.

imo is it possible? prolly. but for what? if my maintenance is 3k cal at 240 7% and I'm taking in 800-1000 cals on my low days and still functioning well, and I'm in a 2k cal deficit I don't see the benefit in a total starvation scenario. like at some point you have to weight benefits vs cost. for me it's a positive trade off to do what I'm doing. I function very well. I fail to see how there'd be any possible benefit cutting out the remaining 800 cals going starvation. this is strictly a cost/benefit ratio I'm talking about.

picture driving your car 180 mikes an hour. you can squeeze another 30 mph out if it but is it worth blowing your block and all the costs associated with it for such a negligible increase in speed?
GOOD ANALOGY,,

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #713 on: June 06, 2013, 09:12:03 AM »
Just a thought
you should give it a shot!!  Lol!

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #714 on: June 06, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »
Just a thought

Well (and this is the biochemistry undergrad background talking here), theoretically:

If the amino acids you took were pure essential amino acids, then theoretically, you could get away with eating less protein. Your body would use the EAA's to manufacture any non-essential AA's your body would need. Therefore, you wouldn't need as many calories from protein sources, since a few grams of EAA's can easily replace many grams of complete protein. Let's say the ratio is "one gram of EAAs replaces 5 grams of complete protein" (and don't take my science as exact here...I can't remember the ratio).

Then, theoretically, if you thought you needed 100 grams of protein per day to achieve your goals, you would only need 20 grams of EAA's to do the same thing. In which case, you could save yourselve from eating 80 grams of protein (the 5 to 1 ratio). And that amounts to 320 fewer calories you'd have to eat (80 grams x 4 calories/gram = 320 calories).

Now, that'd be a miserable existence. But you could do it, and I think the math would work and theoretically, it should work. But that would really need to be applied to see if it bears out.

In patients fed parenterally, it's not uncommon to dose with saline, glucose and EAAs. But that's in extreme cases.

Not sure why you'd do it, but it's worth a shot if you like experimenting. I'd love to study it, but I'd never do it myself. I like chewing food.

Now, there are reasons why it won't work.

You simply can't expect pure EAA's to replace a complete protein source. EAA's are just that: pure EAA's.

A piece of steak also contains creatine, essential and non-essential fats, minerals...there's just too much going on with a piece of food to compare it. I think in the long run, you'd probably wind up with micronutrient deficiencies, unless you made a concerted effort to get those micros from other food sources.

So theoretically, it's do-able. But in the real world, there's a good chance for malnutrition over the long-term, and general unhappiness and malaise in the short-term.

ukjeff

« Reply #715 on: June 06, 2013, 09:50:20 AM »
If you intend to eat mainly protein and a few fibrous carbs then its going to be very difficult to eat enough food without getting to the point were you having way to much protein.

If you have a BMR of 2500 for example and you need to drop weight then you can cut back to 2000 cals and lose, agreed?
So now you would be eating around 1600-1700 cals of protein which equates to around 400 grams of protein, if you weigh 175 lbs isn't that a little excessive?

The main reason this diet works isn't because its a pure protein diet its because you would end up basically eating hardly anything at all because you couldn't stomach all the protein.

Oh and if you did this diet drug free you would very quickly disappear.
Any thoughts on this?

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #716 on: June 06, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »
Any thoughts on this?
i'm sure "no one" will tell me I am a complete idiot, but any diet where calories are drastically reduced will result in weight loss.  Combined with steroids, the likelihood of retaining muscle is greater.  There is no need to eliminate any macronutrients.......if the defecit is large enough, the results will come on quickly.  The best part about dieting with carbs is you can actually consume less protein and get the same results....judging by your previous posts, you already know this.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #717 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »
I've heard many times how guys could never diet on zero carbs or they would shrink. This has never been the case with me. Many years ago I had a bout 5 people in one show and this kid comes up to me after the show and wants me to train him. He said he heard how I dieted people and said he wanted me to train him for his next show, but there was no way he could do zero carb. He said he tried it before and shrunk up. I politely told him no. Few weeks later he asked again and I told him that he either did exactly what I told him or he could go else where and I said that if he wasn't following what I said that I would  immediately know, so he agreed. After the first initial 10 pounds or so of water this kid was losing around 2.5 pounds of fat a week. He would eat carbs and fats on Sat only and normally put on about 11 pounds the next day. Even I was impressed at how lean this kid was getting every week. He was local so he came to my house on Fridays. By show time this kid was striated everywhere and placed third in the heavies weighing 205 and the first two guys out weighed him by 20 pounds. BTW, I've trained naturals the same way, they don't "need" carbs either.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #718 on: June 06, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »
Any thoughts on this?
well no cause that is when the defecit sets the larger margin so you can lose in 8 weeks instead of '16 as you do'.

Also in your own words, it would be hard to eat a lot on this diet, is that not the point of a good diet, is one that allows you to eat tremendously but at the end of the day it only added to very little caloric wise.

;)

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #719 on: June 06, 2013, 10:26:31 AM »
I've heard many times how guys could never diet on zero carbs or they would shrink. This has never been the case with me. Many years ago I had a bout 5 people in one show and this kid comes up to me after the show and wants me to train him. He said he heard how I dieted people and said he wanted me to train him for his next show, but there was no way he could do zero carb. He said he tried it before and shrunk up. I politely told him no. Few weeks later he asked again and I told him that he either did exactly what I told him or he could go else where and I said that if he wasn't following what I said that I would  immediately know, so he agreed. After the first initial 10 pounds or so of water this kid was losing around 2.5 pounds of fat a week. He would eat carbs and fats on Sat only and normally put on about 11 pounds the next day. Even I was impressed at how lean this kid was getting every week. He was local so he came to my house on Fridays. By show time this kid was striated everywhere and placed third in the heavies weighing 205 and the first two guys out weighed him by 20 pounds. BTW, I've trained naturals the same way, they don't "need" carbs either.
do you ever have your clients diet on low fats, higher carb diets?  I realize the no carb approach with weekly re-feeds works....I just wider if you have all your clients do basically the same thing.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #720 on: June 06, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »
i'm sure "no one" will tell me I am a complete idiot, but any diet where calories are drastically reduced will result in weight loss.  Combined with steroids, the likelihood of retaining muscle is greater.  There is no need to eliminate any macronutrients.......if the defecit is large enough, the results will come on quickly.  The best part about dieting with carbs is you can actually consume less protein and get the same results....judging by your previous posts, you already know this.
I explained the point over and over and it seems like we are going in circles with you. It is faster, never said better but it is faster. I can get shredded in 8 weeks instead of 12-15 and lose zero muscles and come show time be as full as a house.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #721 on: June 06, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »

Enjoy reading your posts Disgusted and you can back up everything you say with years of real life experience. And you don't try to impress with the complex guru bs that so many online try to do.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #722 on: June 06, 2013, 10:31:51 AM »
I explained the point over and over and it seems like we are going in circles with you. It is faster, never said better but it is faster. I can get shredded in 8 weeks instead of 12-15 and lose zero muscles and come show time be as full as a house.
if the actual calories consumed are the same, but some are coming from carbs....the fat loss would happen at the same rate.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #723 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
do you ever have your clients diet on low fats, higher carb diets?  I realize the no carb approach with weekly re-feeds works....I just wider if you have all your clients do basically the same thing.

Yes I have on rare occasions but mostly zero carbs.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #724 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36:19 AM »
Yes I have on rare occasions but mostly zero carbs.
do you have them consume more fat than these guys on here are recommending?