Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 457695 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »
now i'm eating roughly 3800-4000 cals per day and i'm still as ripped, but not sure how much longer that i can keep that up
Watch the video I posted.  It should help you. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »
Let me get this out of the way.  I believe Layne Norton is a Lifetime Natural.

Not that it matters, his advice is still valid for anyone. I see a lot of you are dieting on low, low calories and it really doesn`t HAVE to be that way.  I urge you guys to watch this video and take from it what you will.

I am doing just fine at 2600 calories, 175 this morning (I predict I will be lower than that in a day or two as I had an epic workout just now-Back- 25 Sets Heavy and Biceps 15 Sets Heavy Including 21s.  I can feel a nice warmth all over right now and that is a sign that your body is really defatting itself, especially when you have extremely little fat to lose)

Now for the Video:

That's good to know. I usually end up between 2400-2600 kcal/day, and that feels about right. I am losing fat and the training is going very well. There are permabulker forces that whisper "you need 4000 kcal/day to grow!", but I have been ignoring them.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
Threads like this make Getbig , Getbig lol

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
I have switched from very low cals to high cals like dj181 recently has and noticed no "metabolic damage" so I can't agree with what layme is saying there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
I have gone from very low cals to high cals like dj recently has and noticed no "metabolic damage" so I can't agree with what layme is saying there.
Thats not really what he is saying. 

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
Thats not really what he is saying. 

Must be time for new speakers then.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
I am going to give you meat heads who don`t know how to cook eggs properly a tip.  This is for Soft Boiled Eggs.

Be sure to use large eggs that have no cracks and are cold from the refrigerator. Because precise timing is vital to the success of this recipe.  You must use a timer.  You can use this method for one to six large, extra-large, or jumbo eggs without altering the timing. If you have one, a steamer basket does make the lowering the eggs into the boiling water easier.  Or you can just lower them in with your hands which I do, but be careful.

INGREDIENTS

4 large eggs
Salt and pepper

METHOD

Bring 1/2 inch water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Measure this with a ruler, it must be 1/2 inch, just stick it in there and make sure.  Using tongs or hands, gently place eggs in boiling water (eggs will not be submerged). Cover saucepan and cook eggs EXACTLY for 6 1/2 minutes.  No less, nor more.

Remove cover, transfer saucepan to sink, and place under cold running water for 30 seconds. Remove eggs from pan peel and serve, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.  

You can have them with bread, in a salad, with mushrooms, with rice and soy sauce....whatever.

Doing the above will yield you quick eggs at their best taste in a short amount of time and they are highly versatile.  Follow it EXACTLY, no deviation.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »
youre only setting yourself up for a bad rebound weight gain if you diet on low calories such as i have

but i have stayed fat because ive strayed from all that training as well.

so if you want to look good do not diet, just train harder or longer take baking soda
A

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2013, 05:55:26 PM »
oh yes, if one is just even having thoughts about cheat day or small treats before this, he will fail.best to not even start.

they will also fail at any diet they try, for its testimony of lack of willpower.

i tell ppl protein, 150g carbs daily and bit fats will get them to 8%, which is true but itll take twice as lng as compared to go full out on the diet.

and if they have 150g carbs a day, theres no room for cheat days nor cheat meal, or itll simply take forever.

ppl severly underestimate how much a cheat meal can put one back.

theres not even a need to ask can i have this or that, all the food choices are outlined and very clear, this means, nothing else but that.

god damnm this permabulking advice and cheat meals advice from the mags has done some serious damage.

arnold and company dieted on 1000calories.they didnt have no much broscience articles and much theory talk, they figured out the low calorie secret,lol , and they know protein does them good.

no bread means no bread, etc.

ppl dont get it, once lean enough, the maintenance will seem like a joke, this is when one gets rewarded, the dieting,any fatloss diet will be not fun.

if its fun, there wont be results

if they wanna get cut with treats, they will most likely fail, just based on the fact itll take longer.

hell,i starte this at what,20% bodyfat, and i didnt waste a single thought about any cheat whatsoever before i got down to 10%.
it was 2 months of literaly nothing but chickenbreast and salad.no dressing.and when i say nothing but that,i really mean nothing but that.

9 out of 10 are mentally too weal to hold through.

have a frend he knows exactly how is done, but he "has" to have mcdonalds chicken wrap couple times a week("this wont hurt will it"),and then wonders why the last fat rolls just wont go away.
its not even suffering, thats the wrong term, the best way to describe the mental approach is to cut the bullshit and stop any excuses until at the goal.

Fuck me, perhaps this is why its taken 4 months to go from 15% to 12%.

I do eggs and chicken, eggs/ fish then the third meal I have a monsterous sandwhich and some crunchy bullshit. This is how I have been eating for 4 mnths. Yes I have gotten leaner but I realize ive been fucking about,

Today I trained fasted and held on till 4pm, then had hamburger.

Thoughts?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »
Fuck me, perhaps this is why its taken 4 months to go from 15% to 12%.

I do eggs and chicken, eggs/ fish then the third meal I have a sandwhich and some crunchy bullshit.

Today I trained fasted and held on till 4pm, then had hamburger.

Thoughts?
Do you know how many calories you are eating?

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #310 on: May 31, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »
btn 2,000 and 2,500 per day

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »
45 in july,,,,,

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »
thats why if u gain a little say low end 6 pct or 8 and go to 9/10 lose a little step its easier to rebound and come back down,plus body gets break .and grows a bit fuller ,then you come back down again hang,go back .

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »
btn 2,000 and 2,500 per day
Keep it constant at that level and you are most likely fatter than you think.  Just be patient.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2013, 06:19:47 PM »
ROFLMAO yes!! I have seen this first hand, even little me at 169 lbs but ripped.

There was this 300 LBer who we nicknamed Bear Claw because he was fat, hairy stink bear and had a Bear Claw Tattoo on his back and some other various nonsense.  Well he would always put like 600 or 650 on the bar and put the pins up in the squat rack and proceed to "deadlift" the bar from waist height to less than one inch.  It wasn`t even a shrug.  He would always brag about his deadlift.  He would do the same with "squats" except it was even worse.  He would literally just rack the weight, make some motion with his legs, maybe an inch or less, then re rack it and then stomp around the gym.  

I would on purpose go right beside him with a tank top on right beside him and do real Deadlifts and Real Squats, perfect form, with 3D delts and cuts coming out and he would just stare and stare and stare and have this scowl on his face.  It would literally piss him off so bad that he would start adding more weight and counting the plates as loud as he could and then yell 700 LBS!!!!!!  

He would wait until I got in there at times to do his "lifts" and he would put a weight lifting belt on as tight as he could over his fat, to make him not appear as obese.  It never worked and his gut would be so compacted, it would spill out.  He REALLY hated me for being lean, despite me never saying a word to him.

One time I went to the basketball court to get a jump rope and Jezebelle was in the gym working out and Bear Claw happened to be in there.  Out of nowhere he came up to her and said, "I just squatted 800 lbs last week for 5 reps".   It was the strangest thing.  He didn`t even wait for her reply and just walked off.  I came back in the gym and he was gathering up his stuff and went out the side door and left about 600 lbs on the bar so I could see it and everyone else could too.

I did take a few videos of him I think and they are on my old hard drive.  I need to look for them and post them.  Its hilarious.

Some of the funniest shit i've read in awhile. Every gym has a character somewhat like this.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »
I have decent willpower and could go down to 1500 kcal/day. I do worry about losing muscle at that level. I don't know if that fear is a valid.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
thats why if u gain a little say low end 6 pct or 8 and go to 9/10 lose a little step its easier to rebound and come back down,plus body gets break .and grows a bit fuller ,then you come back down again hang,go back .
Exactly just working the metabolism.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
Exactly just working the metabolism.
3/4 %with enough hard muscle is stage ready and impossible to maintain dry look,,,5/6 is nice but still tight leash,7/8 has a lot of wiggle room caloried wise and u can look full,pretty hard,veins all around still and good midsection,veins on abs again lower end 6 pct  and under....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »
I have decent willpower and could go down to 1500 kcal/day. I do worry about losing muscle at that level. I don't know if that fear is a valid.
Just be patient.  That low is not necessary.  This girl eats 1800 calories to 2500, does only 2-3 days weight training in the gym and no cardio.

1800-2000 calories on off-days and up to 2500 calories on training-days. I needed some time to get my metabolism fast, but now I feel fine with keeping my bodyfat and eat lots of calories (in my dimensions).

What is your current routine?
One day is based on Squats, the other on Deadlifts, the rest varies, but I rely strongly on basic movements and 2-3 intense sessions per week. No cardio.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »
Just be patient.  That low is not necessary.  This girl eats 1800 calories to 2500, does only 2-3 days weight training in the gym and no cardio.

1800-2000 calories on off-days and up to 2500 calories on training-days. I needed some time to get my metabolism fast, but now I feel fine with keeping my bodyfat and eat lots of calories (in my dimensions).

What is your current routine?
One day is based on Squats, the other on Deadlifts, the rest varies, but I rely strongly on basic movements and 2-3 intense sessions per week. No cardio.

she looks good all abs and implants tho,,,

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »
she looks good all abs and implants tho,,,
That wasn`t the point.  The point was that she eats around 1800-2500 calories and that is the result.  No Cardo, 2-3 weight training sessions Heavy and thats it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »
That wasn`t the point.  The point was that she eats around 1800-2500 calories and that is the result.  No Cardo, 2-3 weight training sessions Heavy and thats it.

u right ,,,she had to at one point get her body settled in some way to keep it ,with less effort and the above u stated...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »

The only "cardio" I do is HIIT that maybe totals about 30min/day. I hit rhe weights 6x/week. I don't crave food when I am around 2300/day. Perhaps I should stay there

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
Let me get this out of the way.  I believe Layne Norton is a Lifetime Natural.

Not that it matters, his advice is still valid for anyone. I see a lot of you are dieting on low, low calories and it really doesn`t HAVE to be that way.  I urge you guys to watch this video and take from it what you will.

of course it doesnt 'have' be that way my friend. all roads lead to rome in a deficit. i prefer to get to rome in weeks instead of months.

i like this diet because for the very fact it is extreme. thats a huge part of my personality. perhaps a disorder of some nature maybe. but i have always done things in extremes. i find challenges in extremes. for example im at exactly 600 cals today. i have had two scoops of protein powder in coffees and a fistfull of almonds. i'll have another coffee protein tonite and go to bed. all this after training chest and back today not taking more than 10 seconds rest between any sets. just to catch my breath. ive discoverd lately this is how i function most optimally. and i love it. cause it is hard.

is it healthy. no. prolly not. then again maybe it is. cavemen lived like this for 10's of thousands of years. we've evolved (de evolved>?) into a society that wants things easy. this isnt easy. its hard. 800 cals a day over 3 days at 240 pounds is hard. i dont have the patience to diet for 8 weeks or 12 weeks or 16 weeks. theres no challenge in it. its boring. regimented. mundane. irritating.

i could get the same results over time. i dont want over time. i want weeks. now. tomorrow. and tomorrow i'll look in the mirror and see what it takes a guy in a standard cal deficit diet do in 3 times the time it took me. thats my challenge. thats what keeps me focused. then to train deflated. depleted. flat. with no energy and to still only rest 10 seconds between sets when i could just lean on this a bit longer, whats 10 more seconds. and then go home and have a coffee with a scoop of protein and some almonds and go to bed. and maybe eat that big meal tomorrow. but prolly not. see if i can squeeze out one more day.

i have been training and dieting for what? almost 2 decades? this is my niche. where i excel and it took me this long to realise i can harness my personality to the point where i could apply it to my workouts. i floated around aimlessly for years routine to routine, diet to diet wasting my time. im finally where i need to be. it just fits.

this isnt a universal or animal ad. im not hardcore. im not trying to be hardcore. i dont even know what that is or means. to me this is what i do cause i love the challenge. its not about a way of living a lifestyle. i just train. and diet. and push. and thats that area where i excel.

is it for everyone? no probably not. but thats not whats its about. it doent have to be for everyone. the only person it has to be for is me. if someone whos like me can read this and take away from it great. im glad i helped you. if not thats great too. tomorrow we'll both be in the gym, doing our thing. heading to rome.

cheers.
b

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
of course it doesnt 'have' be that way my friend. all roads lead to rome in a deficit. i prefer to get to rome in weeks instead of months.

i like this diet because for the very fact it is extreme. thats a huge part of my personality. perhaps a disorder of some nature maybe. but i have always done things in extremes. i find challenges in extremes. for example im at exactly 600 cals today. i have had two scoops of protein powder in coffees and a fistfull of almonds. i'll have another coffee protein tonite and go to bed. all this after training chest and back today not taking more than 10 seconds rest between any sets. just to catch my breath. this is how i function most optimally. and i love it. cause it is hard.

is it healthy. no. prolly not. then again maybe it is. cavemen lived like this for 10's of thousands of years. we've evolved (de evolved>?) into a society that wants things easy. this isnt easy. its hard. 800 cals a day over 3 days at 240 pounds is hard. i dont have the patience to diet for 8 weeks or 12 weeks or 16 weeks. theres no challenge in it. its boring. regimented. mundane. irritating.

i could get the same results over time. i dont want over time. i want weeks. now. tomorrow. and tomorrow i'll look in the mirror and see what it takes a guy in a standard cal deficit diet do in 3 times the time it took me. thats my challenge. thats what keeps me focused. then to train deflated. depleted. flat. with no energy and to still only rest 10 seconds between sets when i could just lean on this a bit longer, whats 10 more seconds. and then go home and have a coffee with a scoop of protein and some almonds and go to bed. and maybe eat that meal tomorrow. but prolly not. see if i can squeeze out one more day.

i have been training and dieting for what? almost 2 decades? this is my niche. where i excel and it took me this long to realise i can harness my personality to the point where i could apply it to my workouts. i floated around aimlessly for years routine to routine, diet to diet wasting my time. im finally where i need to be. it just fits.

this isnt a universal or animal ad. im not hardcore. im not trying to be hardcore. i dont even know what that is or means. to me this is what i do cause i love the challenge. its not about a way of living a lifestyle. i just train. and diet. and push. and thats that area where i excel.

great post,,i do alot of these things stated as well,,,last few lines i could envision my thought process as well...