Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 450546 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #2275 on: July 12, 2013, 12:38:27 AM »
This is how I was raised by my old man. And as a young kid going out with him and taking a deer, and seeing the whole process and my dad explaining that this animal gave its life so that our family would have food, and that it was a gift to us,... it taught me deep lessons and gave me a true respect and appreciation not just for animals but for all living things, especially people.

I think it's a great thing for kids to experience. Seems the younger generations have lost a respect for the value of human life, and the brevity of life. Those experiences as a kid taught me that any life  is precious.

Plus the meat just tastes Better when you've actually worked for it  8)

Good for you, try and ignore the the Getbig unwashed Flotsam.  They really are unthinking, biased, intolerant and ignorant sods.

AVBG

« Reply #2276 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:15 AM »
This is how I was raised by my old man. And as a young kid going out with him and taking a deer, and seeing the whole process and my dad explaining that this animal gave its life so that our family would have food, and that it was a gift to us,... it taught me deep lessons and gave me a true respect and appreciation not just for animals but for all living things, especially people.

I think it's a great thing for kids to experience. Seems the younger generations have lost a respect for the value of human life, and the brevity of life. Those experiences as a kid taught me that any life  is precious.

Savage!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2277 on: July 12, 2013, 02:22:48 AM »

I think it's a great thing for kids to experience. Seems the younger generations have lost a respect for the value of human life, and the brevity of life. Those experiences as a kid taught me that any life  is precious.

Plus the meat just tastes Better when you've actually worked for it  8)

Know what you mean Chiro, my Wife and I usually fish for Mackarel each summer and stock the freezer with what we catch. Nothing beats eating southern fried chunks of fish, that you cleaned, gutted, diced yourself and best of all pulled it out the sea less than 2 hours before! Fresh as you like  8)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #2278 on: July 12, 2013, 03:25:51 AM »
Know what you mean Chiro, my Wife and I usually fish for Mackarel each summer and stock the freezer with what we catch. Nothing beats eating southern fried chunks of fish, that you cleaned, gutted, diced yourself and best of all pulled it out the sea less than 2 hours before! Fresh as you like  8)

london is a real mackerel fishermans hot spot  ???
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2279 on: July 12, 2013, 04:20:43 AM »
london is a real mackerel fishermans hot spot  ???

Close  8)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2280 on: July 12, 2013, 04:59:45 AM »
Verses animals being raised in horrid conditions to be slaughtered and then sold for meat? Not seeing where youre going with this bro. Are you completely against killing of animals for food? If anything, hunting and harvesting your own meat is by far the more moral, ethical way to acquire meat (no homo.) sure, go ahead and hate on "trophy hunting" if you feel strongly, it's not my cup of tea either, but hunting 1 deer in an overpopulated deer area each year is a GOOD thing.

The deer that I kill every fall is a mature adult. If I didn't kill it, it would be killed at some point by another animal predator. Also factor in the overpopulation of deer where I am and how the fish and game department wildlife biologists practically beg people to hunt to keep numbers controlled because there are so many human deaths caused by vehicle accidents from deer.

Hunting meltdown.

Simmer down, Sarah Palin; I was simply responding to the proposition you expressed--that hunting was "badass." In my mind that summoned connotations of something rather like trophy hunting, of a misplaced pride or sense of accomplishment over killing an essentially defenseless animal. Now that you've expounded upon your position I find myself more or less in agreement.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2281 on: July 12, 2013, 05:01:24 AM »

Nice

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2282 on: July 12, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »
Simmer down, Sarah Palin; I was simply responding to the proposition you expressed--that hunting was "badass." In my mind that summoned connotations of something rather like trophy hunting, of a misplaced pride or sense of accomplishment over killing an essentially defenseless animal. Now that you've expounded upon your position I find myself more or less in agreement.

Sarah Palin  :D

"badass" was just a figure of speech....being out on a boat in 70 degree weather with a few buds, knocking back a few cold ones, limiting out on some 20 lb silver salmon (some places the limit is 10 fish per person per day)....
Man this is some of the most fun times of my life. If you get into the fish good one day and are just slaying em, it's some of the most fun you can have standing upright  ;)

Hunting big game IMO is less fun...it's more work, but the meat you attain from just one small deer is awesome!

Took my girl out for the first time with me, trolling for halibut and silvers (salmon).

This was the end result  ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2283 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »

Yes! BigCyp gets it!

Always had this feeling deep down inside that you were handy with a pole.

Full homo!

subseven

• Getbig II
« Reply #2284 on: July 12, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »
Gal and No One,

Assume someone uses the diet you recommend and loses the fat he has to, coming down to, say, 8% bodyfat. He then wants to put some muscle on. I don't want to use the word "bulk up" because an outright bulk is usually counterproductive and results in too much fat gain. But we are talking about a slight caloric surplus for 3-4 weeks.

Would you recommend one goes from a big caloric deficit to a slight caloric suprlus suddenly? Or first let things settle a bit and maintain, then go to a surplus.

The conventional wisdom is maintain a bit and then go to a surplus. But I feel that a sudden jump to a caloric surplus might be better. One of the reasons is that after a long deficit, the body is very resistant to put on fat and you can pig out for a number of days before fat starts to accumulate -possibly because the hormones enabling fat storage have been downregulated in the meantime.

What do you guys think?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2285 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »

I don't know about this. One time my dad decided to butcher some of our chickens. The were Banty's. If you know anything about chickens, Bantam chickens are rather small. These were small and old. After all the work to kill, pluck and clean them, we couldn't eat them. Little old chickens cooked on the barbecue are as tough as a rubber tire. Who knows what they tasted like. What a waste. I'll get my chicken from the market, thank you.

ukjeff

« Reply #2286 on: July 12, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »
Gal and No One,

Assume someone uses the diet you recommend and loses the fat he has to, coming down to, say, 8% bodyfat. He then wants to put some muscle on. I don't want to use the word "bulk up" because an outright bulk is usually counterproductive and results in too much fat gain. But we are talking about a slight caloric surplus for 3-4 weeks.

Would you recommend one goes from a big caloric deficit to a slight caloric suprlus suddenly? Or first let things settle a bit and maintain, then go to a surplus.

The conventional wisdom is maintain a bit and then go to a surplus. But I feel that a sudden jump to a caloric surplus might be better. One of the reasons is that after a long deficit, the body is very resistant to put on fat and you can pig out for a number of days before fat starts to accumulate -possibly because the hormones enabling fat storage have been downregulated in the meantime.

What do you guys think?
Buy the book you skinflint.  ;D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2287 on: July 12, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
I don't know about this. One time my dad decided to butcher some of our chickens. The were Banty's. If you know anything about chickens, Bantam chickens are rather small. These were small and old. After all the work to kill, pluck and clean them, we couldn't eat them. Little old chickens cooked on the barbecue are as tough as a rubber tire. Who knows what they tasted like. What a waste. I'll get my chicken from the market, thank you.

I'm talking wild salmon or deer....not these gay little SUCKMYMUSCLE chickens you grew up manhandling.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2288 on: July 12, 2013, 06:39:44 PM »
Firstly, for all we know this stuff is "patterned" after Special Forces training like The Exorcist is based on a true story; secondly, even if the patterning is there, it is probably a sad simulacrum of what the real guys do (and probably necessarily so); and thirdly, what's certain is that it serves as a beacon for gun queers and other military culture-obsessed types who want to make-believe they are anything approximating the real deal in order to feel, well, special, some of the most obnoxious people on the planet -- invariably white douchenozzles pathetically trying to emulate the real guys' sunglasses, minimalist wear, and hairstyle in a civilian context (Spec Ops at the grocery store!), except with more mean mugging.

this post is plutonium grade meltdown bait and 1000% true

well done, syntax!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2289 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
Verses animals being raised in horrid conditions to be slaughtered and then sold for meat? Not seeing where youre going with this bro. Are you completely against killing of animals for food? If anything, hunting and harvesting your own meat is by far the more moral, ethical way to acquire meat (no homo.) sure, go ahead and hate on "trophy hunting" if you feel strongly, it's not my cup of tea either, but hunting 1 deer in an overpopulated deer area each year is a GOOD thing.

The deer that I kill every fall is a mature adult. If I didn't kill it, it would be killed at some point by another animal predator. Also factor in the overpopulation of deer where I am and how the fish and game department wildlife biologists practically beg people to hunt to keep numbers controlled because there are so many human deaths caused by vehicle accidents from deer.

Hunting meltdown.

obviously it's not "badass" to kill an animal with a gun, as opposed to, say, in hand-to-paw combat.

pop another provigil and lay off the books for a while, stud, this post was a cringe-worthy whiff.

(purely looking out for you, bro)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2290 on: July 12, 2013, 06:58:38 PM »
Firstly, for all we know this stuff is "patterned" after Special Forces training like The Exorcist is based on a true story; secondly, even if the patterning is there, it is probably a sad simulacrum of what the real guys do (and probably necessarily so); and thirdly, what's certain is that it serves as a beacon for gun queers and other military culture-obsessed types who want to make-believe they are anything approximating the real deal in order to feel, well, special, some of the most obnoxious people on the planet -- invariably white douchenozzles pathetically trying to emulate the real guys' sunglasses, minimalist wear, and hairstyle in a civilian context (Spec Ops at the grocery store!), except with more mean mugging.

dont forget airshit and gearqueers.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2291 on: July 12, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
obviously it's not "badass" to kill an animal with a gun, as opposed to, say, in hand-to-paw combat.

pop another provigil and lay off the books for a while, stud, this post was a cringe-worthy whiff.

(purely looking out for you, bro)

You're an idiot. Hunting and fishing for your food is an absolute blast, especially if youre with your buddies. Sorry you never got the opportunity to grow up with these experiences. "badass", "fun", "rewarding"....call it whatever you want pal, It's a damn good time and great economical way to fill your freezer with lean protein.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2292 on: July 12, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »
You're an idiot. Hunting and fishing for your food is an absolute blast, especially if youre with your buddies. Sorry you never got the opportunity to grow up with these experiences. "badass", "fun", "rewarding"....call it whatever you want pal, It's a damn good time and great economical way to fill your freezer with lean protein.

Serious question, I have no deer in this fight...how economical is it.  What does is cost to go fishing on a charter as opposed to what you take home. Same with the hunting.  I'm curious.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2293 on: July 12, 2013, 09:44:02 PM »

haha relax chiro

i'm on your side!

i don't disagree with anything you wrote about hunting, just pointing out, that was a huge whiff

unfortunately, you've done it again (and no, "badass", "fun", and "rewarding" are not synonyms)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2294 on: July 12, 2013, 09:50:51 PM »
haha relax chiro

i'm on your side!

i don't disagree with anything you wrote, just pointing out, that was a huge whiff

unfortunately, you've done it again (and no, "badass", "fun", and "rewarding" are not synonyms)

I'm not familiar with the term "huge whiff"  ???

You seem very concerned with my terminology, talk about nit picking, WOW! God help your soul if you should ever happen across a Galeniko post.

You must be bored tonight no?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2295 on: July 12, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
I'm not familiar with the term "huge whiff"  ???

You seem very concerned with my terminology, talk about nit picking, WOW! God help your soul if you should ever happen across a Galeniko post.

You must be bored tonight no?

;D

tired and brain dead after a long day.

huge whiff may be substituted with the term "air ball", and yes, i have noticed quite the fast-and-looseness with galeniko's particulars lately

i take his posts with more kosher salt than you use to preserve your freshly slain venison :D

ps would love to go kill some fresh meat with you some day (no homo of course)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2296 on: July 12, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »
Serious question, I have no deer in this fight...how economical is it.  What does is cost to go fishing on a charter as opposed to what you take home. Same with the hunting.  I'm curious.

Let me try to copy a PM, I've had 2 others ask me this same thing today. Its funny I'm like the hunting/fishing expert here all of a sudden lol....I'm not an outdoors fanatic by any stretch, but it's a fun time and I get more excited about the thought of stocking up my freezer than about actually chasing animals around.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2297 on: July 12, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »
Let me try to copy a PM, I've had 2 others ask me this same thing today. Its funny I'm like the hunting/fishing expert here all of a sudden lol....I'm not an outdoors fanatic by any stretch, but it's a fun time and I get more excited about the thought of stocking up my freezer than about actually chasing animals around.

I'm sure you get excited when a big buck with an "8 pointer" crosses your path....stud  :D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #2298 on: July 12, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »
I'm sure you get excited when a big buck with an "8 pointer" crosses your path....stud  :D

You know me...I can hardy keep the loin cloth on as I'm chucking spears  :D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #2299 on: July 12, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »
chiro randomly massacring little fluffy bunny rabbits in this thread
T