Author Topic: is getting a pump really related to stimulating hypertrophy?  (Read 41184 times)

ukjeff

Re: is getting a pump really related to stimulating hypertrophy?
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »
Its when you call someone dumb and then fuck up the spelling when it becomes a joke.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
Its when you call someone dumb and then fuck up the spelling when it becomes a joke.
only to people with a very autistic sense of humor

ukjeff

« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
That would be "humour".

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »
That would be "humour".
you are much more than a piece of rippling meat

you are a scholar of the english language

a great thinker

a renecance man

ukjeff

« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2013, 02:33:55 PM »
That would be "English" and  "renaissance"

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »

and by your logic, doing only negatives training with insane loads must bring out the biggest monsters.

negative-only training is too intense IMO

i've heard about others getting great results with it though, in fact Mr. Nobody told me he got very good results doing negative-only dips

the best results that i ever got on my chest came from using the Rest-Pause protocol

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »
That would be "English" and  "renaissance"
you dont say let me get my note pad

please tell me more

ukjeff

« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »
in fact Mr. Nobody told me he got very good results doing negative-only dips
Maybe he just couldn't lift himself up?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »
Thats right.  :D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »

yeah, failure is also a vague term.
what is failure?when one train on their own and does what he think sis failure?or when someone point a gun to his head,i bet then couple extra reps would be possible.
everything to failure,big words, hard and heavy training, eat big to get big(fat), are all relative terms and loudmouths repeat them.
going to failure on everything will soon result in some trahsed joints or ripped off muscle.
esp on steroids, the muscle get very strong for the acompaigning joints.

and one observation, for what its worth, the strongest guys def arent neither the biggest nor the best looking guys.not in my gym.

good post.  i remember when i was younger, i would never look at anything that had to do with steroids.  i hated even reading about bodybuilding, because i didn't want to spend a lot of time on it outside of the gym.  i thought it should be simple, not an end in itself, but an activity you did so that you could feel good when you were doing your daily work (or play).

as a result i mostly read a few things here and there, the most superficial "wisdom" (::)), the most prevalent bullshit: train hard! train to failure! eat lots! etc. etc.

when, years later, i finally looked at how pros train, or really any successful "bodybuilder" of any level trains, i noticed they weren't working very hard.  rarely did i ever see someone struggling to complete reps.  it was all smooth sailing, from the first rep to the last (at least compared to what i put myself through).  the determination i had was almost frightening!  i would dread going to the gym, knowing what i was in for.  well, the joke was on me... "training to failure", "giving it all you've got", "give the muscle no choice but to grow", LOL.  if i were to translate these mantras into my own terms based on what i actually observed, once i finally watched some bodybuildin videos, i'd change it to "train until you get a little tired", "push yourself, but not too much", "get a bit of a pump, then go home... don't overdo it!"

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
haha ukjeff getting trolled to oblivion itt

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »

;D ;D ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »
haha ukjeff getting trolled to oblivion itt

a great english scholar he is, we lucky to have him among our midsts

getbit, where the intellectuals congregate

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
negative-only training is too intense IMO

i've heard about others getting great results with it though, in fact Mr. Nobody told me he got very good results doing negative-only dips

the best results that i ever got on my chest came from using the Rest-Pause protocol

i tried a negatives only workout back in late 80,s, i was so sore n my ligaments n joints felt like they where gonna snap on me 2 days later. i went back to my regular workouts but i still used negatives on the last set of each exercise to really wax the muscle to the max
R

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
i tried a negatives only workout back in late 80,s, i was so sore n my ligaments n joints felt like they where gonna snap on me 2 days later. i went back to my regular workouts but i still used negatives on the last set of each exercise to really wax the muscle to the max

how long did you do them, and what kind of results did you get from them?

size gains? strength gains? both?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
watching a pro training video isnt the same thing, its all show and staged in those vids.

yes!  that's a great point too!  only after coming to getbig did i start to see the truth... all the stories of phil hernon training for 20 minutes, or sergio getting distracted by a hot girl and ditching his workout ten minutes in.

it's then you realize "hard work" is not even close to the whole equation...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2013, 03:36:29 PM »
how come coleman seems to preach the usual bb training way in most of his videos (enough quality reps with a weight you can handle)

but is still able to squat 8 plates for a few reps out of the blue

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
yes i cannot empathize on how much i benefited from having a certain one pro in the gym and being able to ask him stuff.(mind you i didnt aproach him stupidly with hey what you taking).
did some wild things anyway, but am glad he was around.

i can easy see how guys can fall permanently into the permabulker patter forever until they get severly injured and theyll spend their entire "careers" looking like garbage.

while i could always ask this guy for diet stuff(hes small but stays lean year round, now since 15! years)and i seen how he trains and observed things closely.
watching a pro training video isnt the same thing, its all show and staged in those vids.

at first when i seen muscular guys i thought they must be extremly strong and always train extremly hard and heavy.

and reading about alleged ghostwritten diets of pros in flex magazine doesnt help matters either.

like some newcomer should eat what mike materazo did

the thing that you're forgetting is that these pros that you've observed training "light" were just holding and maintaining their size

there's a big difference btw keeping size and gaining size

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
yes!  that's a great point too!  only after coming to getbig did i start to see the truth... all the stories of phil hernon training for 20 minutes, or sergio getting distracted by a hot girl and ditching his workout ten minutes in.

it's then you realize "hard work" is not even close to the whole equation...
a guy on the bb.com misc section said he trained in same gym as vic martinz

he said he would do a few half ass sets, flex a bit and go home

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »
the thing that you're forgetting is that these pros that you've observed training "light" were just holding and maintaining their size

this is an arguement dante always used in his articles

"sure pros train light, but their trained extremely heavy to get pro card! so train! heavy!"

true or false i dunno

seems false

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2013, 03:39:48 PM »
A pump makes your muscles bigger for an hour. Breaking down muscle fibres causes hypertrophy. Wether or not you have a pump has nothing to do with how much muscle fibres you have broken down.

Can nutrients be delivered to the muscle and muscle expansion occur without a half decent flow of blood to the muscle?

Alternatively, can a really good pump, achieved by sets to failure, stretch to fascia of the muscle, as claimed by so many people, and achieve growth they way?

Is there more than one way to skin a cat?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »
this is an arguement dante always used in his articles

"sure pros train light, but their trained extremely heavy to get pro card! so train! heavy!"

true or false i dunno

seems false

i think theres truth to that statement, ive seen n trained next to some guys who became pro n yes they trained really heavy n hard on the way up, once they turned pro i did notice they still trained very hard but they didnt use the crazy weights they used to. i guess once u got all that muscle n stay on tons of drugs its not mandatory that u have to keep training super heavy n risk injury
R

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »

dude, with all due respect, when are you going to see the fucking light, man?

you've been harping on "progressive overload" for years now.  what has this gotten you?  have you posted recent pictures?  i don't mean to be rude, but it's just mind-boggling how stubbornly you insist on the importance hard training when it seems like you've been spinning your wheels from the beginning... and now you're using steroids, too?  any results?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #223 on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »
how long did you do them, and what kind of results did you get from them?

size gains? strength gains? both?

to be honest i didnt really do that system for more than 2 weeks, i found out my joints n ligaments where staying...... i wanna use the word sore but it felt more like my joints where almost injured. i was training natural at that time period also, i did use roids since 83 but id come off for 2 or 3 years than go back on. im sure if i was on a cycle i woulda recovered better, i felt like my muscles werent fully recovered also when i did that type of training, i always felt that if a muscle is still sore when im training it again that means it aint 100# recovered
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »
dante is an utter fatso btw.on heavy doses of gear and eating 2lbs of protein a day.

the classis permabluker, why would anyone listen to a permabulker.
i read his articles years ago when a desperate natural

you will believe anything that promises the magic bullet