Author Topic: is getting a pump really related to stimulating hypertrophy?  (Read 41641 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: is getting a pump really related to stimulating hypertrophy?
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2013, 03:58:35 PM »
ive been using the pre exhaust system the last decade or so, im not getting any younger n this type of training suits me fine. i dont have to kill my joints with heavy weights n i still get in great sets n great workouts without over taxing my nervous system n i found im making good progress to boot
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »
yeah muscle recovery goes like this:

soreness, tiredness, feeling ok again, feeling full again.this is when its ready again.
but he has the aestics level of bud spencer, why listen to that?

i tell u when u are really delusional natural you will think hey this guy will help me to finally get the gains

then it doesnt work

then u try something else

and so on

untill quitting or taking a needle with roidsd

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »
i tell u when u are really delusional natural you will think hey this guy will help me to finally get the gains

then it doesnt work

then u try something else

and so on

untill quitting or taking a needle with roidsd

i didnt touch a steroid till i had 4 or 5 years of natural training under my belt, i think thats the best way. i see guys these days that never lifted n want to go on the juice as soon as they start training ??? i think thats a big mistake though
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »
i didnt touch a steroid till i had 4 or 5 years of natural training under my belt, i think thats the best way. i see guys these days that never lifted n want to go on the juice as soon as they start training ??? i think thats a big mistake though
i trained since i was like 12-24 and didnt start juicin untill recently at 25 lol

at 22 i was still full blown delusional, had some lying juicers tell me if i kept it up i'd be huge by 30

i was like "oh sweeeeet"

then no still no progress the next three years

and i was like

"the fuck"

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
In it's most simple terms a bodybuilder's muscle is a strength endurance one. If getting stronger was the only magic bullet we would all be training for sets of one rep after warm up so we could get stronger. To make a muscle bigger you have to train it to keep up with muscular endurance.

Doing say 4 sets of 10 failing at 8 reps on the last set will get every fiber. A muscle fiber is completely on or off. Doing one set to failure doesn't mean you hit every fiber. It just means you couldn't complete another rep with the fibers available. Two sets is better than one set. Three sets is better than two but it's a diminishing return.

The argument that all bodybuilders trained for strength in their early years is very true. That would mean that their current training with volume was a waste of time which is far from the truth.  The over whelming amount of bodybuilding champs used volume. There are very few true intensity champs like Yates. The out right lies about champs that used HIT is just criminal.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
In it's most simple terms a bodybuilder's muscle is a strength endurance one. If getting stronger was the only magic bullet we would all be training for sets of one rep after warm up so we could get stronger. To make a muscle bigger you have to train it to keep up with muscular endurance.

Doing say 4 sets of 10 failing at 8 reps on the last set will get every fiber. A muscle fiber is completely on or off. Doing one set to failure doesn't mean you hit every fiber. It just means you couldn't complete another rep with the fibers available. Two sets is better than one set. Three sets is better than two but it's a diminishing return.

The argument that all bodybuilders trained for strength in their early years is very true. That would mean that their current training with volume was a waste of time which is far from the truth.  The over whelming amount of bodybuilding champs used volume. There are very few true intensity champs like Yates. The out right lies about champs that used HIT is just criminal.
you mean very false, right?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »
i trained since i was like 12-24 and didnt start juicin untill recently at 25 lol

at 22 i was still full blown delusional, had some lying juicers tell me if i kept it up i'd be huge by 30

i was like "oh sweeeeet"

then no still no progress the next three years

and i was like

"the fuck"

u did the right thing, u trained natural for alot of years which is cool. id like to see more guys stay natural as long as possible than if they decide to juice thats their choice n thats okay.
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »
u did the right thing, u trained natural for alot of years which is cool. id like to see more guys stay natural as long as possible than if they decide to juice thats their choice n thats okay.
no i really regret it lol

those days i trained so fucking hard

i should have had roids back then

and big muscles are more fun to have as an adolescent who isnt just a drone in the daily routine of working

same old story....

but i'm glad i got the finasteride shit figured out before jumping on dbol and winstrol and nuking my hair

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »

the training doesn't matter at all, unless you either hurt yourself or don't tax yourself whatsoever.

see pyrros dimas... bber legs, but probably did mostly sets of 1

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »
the training doesn't matter at all, unless you either hurt yourself or don't tax yourself whatsoever.

see pyrros dimas... bber legs
, but probably did mostly sets of 1
ridiculous exageration

he has well developed legs but not close to a pro bber

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »
ridiculous exageration

he has well developed legs but not close to a pro bber

::)

you compare him to jay cutler, who outweighs him by like 100 lbs?  compare him to a bber who weighs 180

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »
::)

you compare him to jay cutler, who outweighs him by like 100 lbs?  compare him to a bber who weighs 180
that would be pointless because weightlifters weight distribution is totall bottom heavy etc etc etc funcitonailty blabla

comparing by height would make more sense

in that case

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »

has never done a bench press in his life, probably

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »
that would be pointless because weightlifters weight distribution is totall bottom heavy etc etc etc funcitonailty blabla

comparing by height would make more sense

in that case

lol, branch's dose is probably like 3x pyrros', or more.  compare him to a fake natural like layne, or ogus, this is what i had in mind.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »
dude, with all due respect, when are you going to see the fucking light, man?

you've been harping on "progressive overload" for years now.  what has this gotten you?  have you posted recent pictures?  i don't mean to be rude, but it's just mind-boggling how stubbornly you insist on the importance hard training when it seems like you've been spinning your wheels from the beginning... and now you're using steroids, too?  any results?

that's true i do harp on about progressive overload but the funny thing is even though i went on and on about it i WAS NOT able to add weight to the bar even on roids at the beginning (hence the reason why my muscles didn't get bigger) lol

so i didn't gain anything coz my fucking training loads stayed the same

not so long ago i took my dumbbell row from 90 pounds for 15 reps to 125 pounds for 10 reps and my lats and delts did indeed get bigger (i sent pics of this gain to mr. nobody, boraccho, and njflex, so they can testify to this)

just recently my weighted push-up training loads have went up and my pecs are thicker and fuller, and again mr. n, boraccho, and njflex will see this on weds and they can verify what i say is true

the funny thing is, i'm bigger now on less roids ??? ??? ???

but i attribute this to the fact that i overcame the fear of re-injuring a bad shoulder injury that i had a few years ago, which allowed me to push harder to increase my training loads and also to an improvement in "diet"

yeah, ok... i was a complete d!ckhead bout "diet" and i paid the price for it with my goddamn stubborness, but now i'm finally starting to see the light ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »

has never done a bench press in his life, probably
where do people get this idea? it is totally wrong

professional olympic lifters do bench presses, rows, curls....

how do i know? from watching their training videos and talking to a former national weightlifting coach of ukraine

this bullshit must end once and for all

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »
lol, branch's dose is probably like 3x pyrros', or more.  compare him to a fake natural like layne, or ogus, this is what i had in mind.
where do you get this idea?

the greek weightlifters are notorious for grotesque PED abuse

they use tons of AAS, HGH and insulin

i dont want to sound like an asshole

but this and your former wrong idea on their training is typical falsehoods people believe without good reason

VERY VERY WRONG

hope this helps

peace

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »
I think muscle growth when lifting is mostly about how you contract the muscles during lifts. How you squeeze the reps. All about mind/muscle connection.

My homeboy kai greene said the same thing, and he knows his stuff.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
where do people get this idea? it is totally wrong

professional olympic lifters do bench presses, rows, curls....

how do i know? from watching their training videos and talking to a former national weightlifting coach of ukraine

this bullshit must end once and for all

i know it's an exaggeration, but the point is, give him a better set of arms and what you have is basically a fake-natural bodybuilder.  yet his training is vastly different.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »
where do you get this idea?

the greek weightlifters are notorious for grotesque PED abuse

they use tons of AAS, HGH and insulin

i dont want to sound like an asshole

but this and your former wrong idea on their training is typical falsehoods people believe without good reason

VERY VERY WRONG

hope this helps

peace

you think a top 10 mr olympia competitor and a weightlifter are on similar doses of PED?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »
i know it's an exaggeration, but the point is, give him a better set of arms and what you have is basically a fake-natural bodybuilder.  yet his training is vastly different.
yes but he is taking enormously more juice than a typical fake natural

so this proves weightlifting training is a very juice-inefficient way of building size

no wonder, as it is mostly neurological adaptation and they get most of their juice effects this way

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
you think a top 10 mr olympia competitor and a weightlifter are on similar doses of PED?
it would probably be comparable

don't be fooled by the innocent appearance of a guy like pyrros dimas, what he does to the weights is inhuman performance

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
yes but he is taking enormously more juice than a typical fake natural

what makes you think that?

here's "natural" kiyoshi moody:

legs not too much better than pyrros, i bet

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »
what makes you think that?
the same things that make getbig think they know what the ifbb pros are taking

rumors basically, insiders, whatever

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »
what causes a muscle to grow from training

why are we here
you need both