Author Topic: I would love to beat the shit out of this misinformed moron.  (Read 25851 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: I would love to beat the shit out of this misinformed moron.
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »
speaking of guys I want to punch...

Exactly.  The size of them for Mcdonalds has Never changed either.

I prefer thin patties (smash burger technique) as do most Hamburger aficionados. Take it from Hamburger expert George Motz. Here is how to properly do it (which some Fast Food places do):

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »
What does a Large Drink of Coke have to do with a Big Mac?  ??? Why did you include that in the Calories?

Furthermore, I can prepare "homemade pork fried rice" with Bacon Fat (how I would make it) that would well exceed the calories and fat content of a Big Mac, (drink included).

Your Macro comparison is complete bullshit.

Sorry, numbers don't lie.  The macros of the big mac meal are complete shit, so is there food.  Only college kids and poor people eat at McDonalds.   :-*

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
Sorry, numbers don't lie.  The macros of the big mac meal are complete shit, so is there food.  Only college kids and poor people eat at McDonalds.   :-*

::)

K

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »
Putting aside the nutritional merits or demerits, does this stuff actually taste good to you? I have never had a McDonald's meal that has tasted delicious or left me feeling sated in any way. I have had a decent burger from BK once or twice but taste-wise I have never got the McDonald's craze.

O

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »

Again? your bull shit diet principles? LOL As far as McDonald's beef or any one else's for that matter, it's all a scam when they say their meat contains 100% real beef. Of course it does since beef can be nothing but beef. What they don't bother telling anyone is that a percentage of the patty contains other stuff like bone, gristle and other things that make up the "weight" junk weight if you will of the burger.

Years ago I bought some meat from a local grocer and I noticed I was chewing on things that just wouldn't chew up so I spit out every little piece that I couldn't chew and I ended up with a pile of what looked like small pieces of rubber bands. Maybe 15% percent of the burger wouldn't not chew. This was obviously not meat and was ground in with the meat carefully to save the butcher money on the weight of the burger he is selling.

I challenge anyone here who thinks that they are getting a 100% (by weight) beef patty from McDonalds to do this little experiment. Go to your local butcher and have him grind you up a steak. It's OK to use the fat around the outer edges if you like. Now go to McDonalds and do the same. Prepare the burger you bought and cook it to the exact same weight of the McDonalds (burger). Now eat the both and you will notice that the steak you bought and made into a burger will chew up into fine little particles with no or almost no waste. Now do the same with the McDonalds burger and every time you feel that you are chewing on something that will not break down with you teeth spit it out in a pile. McDonalds so called food is for the most part inedible crap.
Wrong.  I can go buy all short rib, pick a particularly fatt one, have him ground that up, and there would be more gristle to spit out than you could chew.

Mcdonalds uses high quality beef and their strict controls ensure none of the above what you described ever happens. Hope this helps.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/worlds-most-popular-chef-says-i-fancy-a-mcdonalds-992273.html

World's most popular chef says, 'I fancy a McDonald's'
El Bulli verdict: Nobody can make a better burger for that price

By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent
Wednesday, 5 November 2008

His 35-course menu is so dazzling that two million people try to book his restaurant each year, 400 for every table, and even some food critics claim it has changed their lives forever. But Ferran Adria, the Spanish chef behind El Bulli, has revealed that he actually wants to eat at McDonald's.

In an interview with The Independent, Adria said it had been a long time since he had visited the burger giant, which has been attacked over its approach to animals, the environment and health and castigated by many as a symbol of US culinary imperialism. "But I want to go back," he added.

Adria – whose restaurant has been named the world's best for three years running by Restaurant magazine – said he did not think he could make a better hamburger for the money. He said he would like to visit McDonald's to "discover" its cooking.

As the head chef of El Bulli, in Girona, northern Spain, Adria creates scientifically-developed dishes such as menthol watermelon and hibiscus paper with blackcurrant and eucalyptus. A meal at El Bulli is a five-hour extravaganza, from which diners are sometimes forced to take a break after experiencing sensory overload.

In London to promote his new book, A Day at El Bulli, Adria said people's diet could be improved through education, and he praised Jamie Oliver for doing more than any other chef to publicise the benefits of healthy eating.

But he added: "I don't think people should come and say, 'McDonald's isn't good', if you don't give me an alternative; what is the alternative, for the same price? It's like saying everybody should be driving an Aston Martin or Rolls-Royce; most people don't drive them. Cars have the price they have.

"About five or 10 years ago, the mobile phone didn't exist and people could live without it. With the price you pay for a phone, you could be eating fresh fish every day. [But] if you ask most children would they rather have a phone or eat fresh fish, they are going to say 'a phone'."

Indicating that he was concerned that McDonald's would use his comments for marketing, Adria nonetheless suggested said that if the fast-food giant hired 10 of the world's top chefs they would not be able to make a better burger – for the price.

"Maybe... they could increase the price and make a hamburger of the best quality with fresh meat. And people would have the option to eat it – but it's going to cost three times as much," he said. "I've only been [to McDonald's] three times in my entire life, now it's ages since I went there. But I want to go back."

Adria, who closes El Bulli from January to May to develop new dishes, says most tastes and flavours have yet to be discovered.

Adria Ferran is the man!!  Best dining experience of my life.  Honestly if this guy makes a statement like this I listen.  The guy knows gastronomy......  Good find dude!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »
Wrong.  I can go buy all short rib, pick a particularly fatt one, have him ground that up, and there would be more gristle to spit out than you could chew.

Mcdonalds uses high quality beef and their strict controls ensure none of the above what you described ever happens. Hope this helps.

Saying I'm wrong and throwing in a hope this helps doesn't prove your case. What I posted is fact. Meat is meat as in muscle fiber and fat is fat. If there is gristle then it's not meat or fat, FACT. There is a large percentage of gristle and bone in McDonalds burgers and that's a fact. Therefore their 100% beef patty is a lie. Hope this helps.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:59 AM »
Adria Ferran is the man!!  Best dining experience of my life.  Honestly if this guy makes a statement like this I listen.  The guy knows gastronomy......  Good find dude!
Exactly.  Chefs do not snub their nose when it comes to food of any kind.  If it is good, tastes good, they will tell you.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
TA is savagely owning these fucking clowns.
K

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »
Saying I'm wrong and throwing in a hope this helps doesn't prove your case. What I posted is fact. Meat is meat as in muscle fiber and fat is fat. If there is gristle then it's not meat or fat, FACT. There is a large percentage of gristle and bone in McDonalds burgers and that's a fact. Therefore their 100% beef patty is a lie. Hope this helps.  ::)
I am saying you are a complete idiot actually.  Mcdonalds is 80/20, high quality controlled.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
What does a Large Drink of Coke have to do with a Big Mac?  ??? Why did you include that in the Calories?

Furthermore, I can prepare "homemade pork fried rice" with Bacon Fat (how I would make it) that would well exceed the calories and fat content of a Big Mac, (drink included).

Your Macro comparison is complete bullshit.

Just to keep it fair, I took the cola out and adjusted to volume of my meal to match that of a big mac and fries.  Again, in my opinion, the big mac and fries is a shit macro composition, tastes like shit, makes me feel like shit, and gives me the shits.  Why would anyone want to submit themselves to that garbage?

Big Mac Meal:  332g
•   Calories – 930
•   Protein – 29g
•   Carbohydrate – 94g
•   Fat – 48g
Pork Fried Rice (brown rice, egg, peas & carrots, smoked pork rib roast, olive oil):  408g/332g
•   Calories – 971/790
•   Protein – 62.3g/50.7g
•   Carbohydrate – 94.0g/76.5g
•   Fat – 37.9g/30.8

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/worlds-most-popular-chef-says-i-fancy-a-mcdonalds-992273.html

World's most popular chef says, 'I fancy a McDonald's'
El Bulli verdict: Nobody can make a better burger for that price

By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent
Wednesday, 5 November 2008

His 35-course menu is so dazzling that two million people try to book his restaurant each year, 400 for every table, and even some food critics claim it has changed their lives forever. But Ferran Adria, the Spanish chef behind El Bulli, has revealed that he actually wants to eat at McDonald's.

In an interview with The Independent, Adria said it had been a long time since he had visited the burger giant, which has been attacked over its approach to animals, the environment and health and castigated by many as a symbol of US culinary imperialism. "But I want to go back," he added.

Adria – whose restaurant has been named the world's best for three years running by Restaurant magazine – said he did not think he could make a better hamburger for the money. He said he would like to visit McDonald's to "discover" its cooking.

As the head chef of El Bulli, in Girona, northern Spain, Adria creates scientifically-developed dishes such as menthol watermelon and hibiscus paper with blackcurrant and eucalyptus. A meal at El Bulli is a five-hour extravaganza, from which diners are sometimes forced to take a break after experiencing sensory overload.

In London to promote his new book, A Day at El Bulli, Adria said people's diet could be improved through education, and he praised Jamie Oliver for doing more than any other chef to publicise the benefits of healthy eating.

But he added: "I don't think people should come and say, 'McDonald's isn't good', if you don't give me an alternative; what is the alternative, for the same price? It's like saying everybody should be driving an Aston Martin or Rolls-Royce; most people don't drive them. Cars have the price they have.

"About five or 10 years ago, the mobile phone didn't exist and people could live without it. With the price you pay for a phone, you could be eating fresh fish every day. [But] if you ask most children would they rather have a phone or eat fresh fish, they are going to say 'a phone'."

Indicating that he was concerned that McDonald's would use his comments for marketing, Adria nonetheless suggested said that if the fast-food giant hired 10 of the world's top chefs they would not be able to make a better burger – for the price.

"Maybe... they could increase the price and make a hamburger of the best quality with fresh meat. And people would have the option to eat it – but it's going to cost three times as much," he said. "I've only been [to McDonald's] three times in my entire life, now it's ages since I went there. But I want to go back."

Adria, who closes El Bulli from January to May to develop new dishes, says most tastes and flavours have yet to be discovered.

the dude says he has been to McD's 3 times in his entire life and a chef couldn't make em cheaper. hardly a ringing endorsement.  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
I am saying you are a complete idiot actually.  Mcdonalds is 80/20, high quality controlled.

Then prove this statement of fact wrong instead of getting all huffy and calling me names.

There is a large percentage of gristle and bone in McDonalds burgers and that's a fact. Therefore their 100% beef patty is a lie.

Oh and by the way, I'm sure the "ratio" of 80/20 meaning beef to fat is actually correct, but NOT the weight of the burger.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »

the dude says he has been to McD's 3 times in his entire life and a chef couldn't make em cheaper. hardly a ringing endorsement.  ::)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-15/mcdonald-s-wins-over-french-chef-with-mcbaguette-sandwich.html

McDonald’s Wins Over French Chef With McBaguette Sandwich
By Richard Vines & Caroline Connan - Jan 15, 2013 6:00 PM ET

“I’m lovin’ it,” Pierre Koffmann said after tasting for Bloomberg Television at a McDonald’s on Rue de Rivoli, in Paris. “If I was hungry walking by, I’d buy it with pleasure.”

“The garnish is good: There’s plenty of salad and plenty of everything. The bread isn’t a pure baguette because this one is shorter, but it’s good bread. Not the top bread in Paris but it’s good. I’m not disappointed by it,” said Koffmann, who held three Michelin stars at La Tante Claire in London in the 1990s.

Koffmann preferred it to a baguette from a local baker.

“I’ll go with McDonald’s,” Koffmann said. “The garnish is better. This other one was probably made this morning at 6. It looks better, with good-quality bread, but McDonald’s has a lot more garnish. The McDonald’s is warm. Bread is always better warm. It’s a trick, but McDonald’s is doing the trick.”

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
Then prove this statement of fact wrong instead of getting all huffy and calling me names.

There is a large percentage of gristle and bone in McDonalds burgers and that's a fact. Therefore their 100% beef patty is a lie.

Oh and by the way, I'm sure the "ratio" of 80/20 meaning beef to fat is actually correct, but NOT the weight of the burger.
Where is your proof?
YOU made the bullshit claim to which there is ZERO evidence.  McDonalds uses high quality beef and I have already posted links showing EXACTLY where it comes from and what it consists of- No added fillers or anything.

I don`t think you understand what "Gristle" is.  I can select tons of cuts of meat from a butcher that would be ground up and inedible in a hamburger depending on what die they cut it on and which cut I select.

That is an impossibility with the kind of quality control Mcdonalds uses. 

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
mcdonalds got the best fries

wendy's the best burgers

mcdonalds angus burger with big mac sauce is dope

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
Where is your proof?
YOU made the bullshit claim to which there is ZERO evidence.  McDonalds uses high quality beef and I have already posted links showing EXACTLY where it comes from and what it consists of- No added fillers or anything.

I don`t think you understand what "Gristle" is.  I can select tons of cuts of meat from a butcher that would be ground up and inedible in a hamburger depending on what die they cut it on and which cut I select.

That is an impossibility with the kind of quality control Mcdonalds uses.  

Still waiting for you to prove my simple statement wrong. While you are doing that here is the definition of gristle. So are you saying that the gristle by weight of the McDonalds burger should be counted as beef or fat?

Gristle: Noun

Cartilage, esp. when found as tough, inedible tissue in meat.

Synonyms
cartilage

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »
Had a Big Mac and a double cheeseburger from McDonalds last night....0 gristle.
H

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
I thought this was going to be a statement made about "PROJECT TRUE ADONIS"

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »
I thought this was going to be a statement made about "PROJECT TRUE ADONIS"

What is "Project True Adonis"??? 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
Had a Big Mac and a double cheeseburger from McDonalds last night....0 gristle.

Really? How would anyone know when most people don't even chew their food up enuff and with all the other items on the burger plus the bun it would be hard to distinguish. TA just said that there is gristle in their meat.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2013, 12:00:27 PM »
Personally i'll take McDowell's over McDonalds any day.  Good honest folks working over there at McDowell's.   :D