Author Topic: Will liberals admit the default sexual orientation for humans =heterosexual?  (Read 8746 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Apparently not LMFAO  ;D :D ;D :o

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
What do you mean by "default" and why does it matter?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
What do you mean by "default" and why does it matter?
default means default....

and why cant you guys just answer the facking question?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
default means default....

and why cant you guys just answer the facking question?

Your question makes no sense whatsoever from a moral viewpoint.

From a constitutional law viewpoint, it is irrelevant.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Your question makes no sense whatsoever from a moral viewpoint.

From a constitutional law viewpoint, it is irrelevant.
from a biological view point whats the default sexual orientation for a species that requires two opposite sex partners to procreate?

this isnt a moral or constitutional question this is a biological question..........

quit trying to act smart

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
from a biological view point whats the default sexual orientation for a species that requires two opposite sex partners to procreate?

this isnt a moral or constitutional question this is a biological question..........

quit trying to act smart

why are you asking a biological question on the politics board?

But why are you assuming that biological "default" should be the standard for society? Some have argued (Aristotle, famously) that slavery is biologically 'default', but that obviously shouldn't guide public policy; so you need an argument for why this particular aspect of biological nature should be a guide for public policy.

If, however, you are merely trying to say "most humans are not homosexuals" or "near all humans are not homosexual" as a biological statement, then it seems trivially true. So what's your point?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why are you asking a biological question on the politics board?

But why are you assuming that biological "default" should be the standard for society? Some have argued (Aristotle, famously) that slavery is biologically 'default', but that obviously shouldn't guide public policy; so you need an argument for why this particular aspect of biological nature should be a guide for public policy.

If, however, you are merely trying to say "most humans are not homosexuals" or "near all humans are not homosexual" as a biological statement, then it seems trivially true. So what's your point?
I am not saying it should be the standard, it is the standard...

It also establishes homsexuality as an abnormal trait and behavior, something liberals seem to not be able to do.

now please stop trying to bring up your education in philosphy as a way of justifying the money you spent on it. Save that for whatever job/careeer you have and stay on topic.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I am not saying it should be the standard, it is the standard...

It also establishes homsexuality as an abnormal trait and behavior, something liberals seem to not be able to do.

now please stop trying to bring up your education in philosphy as a way of justifying the money you spent on it. Save that for whatever job/careeer you have and stay on topic.

I have to jump in  :)

So what if its not normal?

Are you saying that making it legal makes it normal?

Are you saying we shouldn't make anything out of the norm legal?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Its okay for you to be gay Tony.

There are more straight people than gays yes, but who gives a fuck?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Its okay for you to be gay Tony.

There are more straight people than gays yes, but who gives a fuck?

hahhahaha i was thinking the same thing,he's testing the waters  :D :D :D :D

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V

I think that's what he meant (or that we should make anything out of the norm illegal).

He's made this point before but I'm still not sure what it is. I think he's only trying to say that few people are homosexuals. Last time I replied "Not many people are violinists, so what?"

It seems to be a trivially true statement with no implications whatsoever.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I have to jump in  :)

So what if its not normal?

Are you saying that making it legal makes it normal?

feel free brosef...I never said that gays shouldnt have the same rights, what I am saying is dont expect myself or others to look at it as a normal part of human behavior

BC ITS NOT!!!!

make civil unions legal, get rid of marriage as a public institution. DO NOT TRY AND ACT LIKE HOMOSEXUALITY IS NORMAL....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I think that's what he meant (or that we should make anything out of the norm illegal).

He's made this point before but I'm still not sure what it is. I think he's only trying to say that few people are homosexuals. Last time I replied "Not many people are violinists, so what?"

It seems to be a trivially true statement with no implications whatsoever.
let me explain for you since obviously the philosophy isnt doing you any favors.

To gay rights advocates the fact that homosexuality is a biological attribute(disorder) means we cannot "discriminate". The fact though that homosexuality biologically is indeed an abnormal behavior should then lend credence to the idea that homosexuality is an abnormal.

If we cant "discriminate" b/c its biological, why can we not recognize its abnormal in the same vein?

gay propaganda has gone so far that ppl like yourself have a hard time admitting that homosexuality is a perverted manifestation of the default sexuality for humans.

sorry its abnormal, get over it....

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
feel free brosef...I never said that gays shouldnt have the same rights, what I am saying is dont expect myself or others to look at it as a normal part of human behavior

BC ITS NOT!!!!

make civil unions legal, get rid of marriage as a public institution. DO NOT TRY AND ACT LIKE HOMOSEXUALITY IS NORMAL....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_Homosexuals_are_there_in_the_World#page2

11% not normal enough for you?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

And how would you know this was the default? Have you personally tested it to find out?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_Homosexuals_are_there_in_the_World#page2

11% not normal enough for you?
LMFAO b/c wiki said yea?

And how would you know this was the default? Have you personally tested it to find out?
so youre saying that in a species what requires 2 opposite sex individuals to procreate that heterosexual is not the default biological sexual orientation?

you see, this is the part of brain washed ignorance that the gay propaganda I was talking about.

Im sure lots of moderates would openly admit that they believe that humans are meant to be heterosexual biologically. Yet you have fundie liberals who just cant seem to bring themselves to do so.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
"Default"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What is the default haircolor?  Eye color?  Gender?  If one aspect of an individual has a "default" then every aspect does as well.  What are those defaults Tony?  What is the "factory settings" for a human being?

HAHAHAHAA

And this from a psych major?    ::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I'd say that the way nature intended it, from a reproducing the species standpoint, that straight would be the "default" orientation. That said, I could care less what someone does behind closed doors, and think the real travesty here is that gays that can't be married don't reap the tax benefit of filing together. Other than that, who cares?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

absolutely (biology proves this to be true).... but if a guy wants to suck dicks then i figure it's his prerogative...

no homo

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LMFAO b/c wiki said yea?
so youre saying that in a species what requires 2 opposite sex individuals to procreate that heterosexual is not the default biological sexual orientation?

you see, this is the part of brain washed ignorance that the gay propaganda I was talking about.

Im sure lots of moderates would openly admit that they believe that humans are meant to be heterosexual biologically. Yet you have fundie liberals who just cant seem to bring themselves to do so.

You have a better source?

OzmO

• Getbig V

BC ITS NOT!!!!

Seems pretty subjective don't you think?  It depends on ones definition of "normal".  Like for instance, Homosexuality has been around since recorded history, hence it's normal behavior.  Or you could say, homosexuality is not normal because most people aren't homosexual.

Kind of a weird argument you are making it appears. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LMFAO b/c wiki said yea?

Do you consider yourself normal Tony?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Seems pretty subjective don't you think?  It depends on ones definition of "normal".  Like for instance, Homosexuality has been around since recorded history, hence it's normal behavior.  Or you could say, homosexuality is not normal because most people aren't homosexual.

Kind of a weird argument you are making it appears. 
simply b.c an abnormal activity takes place in very small amounts in regularity doenst make it normal.

It makes the abnoramal apperance of that behavior normal but the behavior itself remains abnormal....

thin line, big difference

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Do you consider yourself normal Tony?
In many ways yes, in many ways no...I do not see to normalize and force others to view what I percieve as abnormal behavior as normal though....

OzmO

• Getbig V
simply b.c an abnormal activity takes place in very small amounts in regularity doenst make it normal.

It makes the abnoramal apperance of that behavior normal but the behavior itself remains abnormal....

thin line, big difference

and how do you feel this is relevant to the debate?