Author Topic: Make the pain go away!  (Read 2373 times)

wells31

• Getbig II
  • Well La-Di-Frickin Da!
Make the pain go away!
« on: December 16, 2005, 12:01:49 AM »
Starting to go heavier and heavier with my lifts and thinking about doing some powerlifting. But my recovery time sucks and I can't go as heavy as I would like from the pain in my bones and joints.

Other than roids, who has suggestions on getting rid of the pain? I lift 4 days a week isolating one body part for each day. I eat good, take MSM Glucosimine, and take every other pill and supplement to try and help. I'm addicted to going heavy but the pain sucks my ass. Who has a cure?
All Heart, Live 4 Pain!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: Make the pain go away!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 12:05:09 AM »
NUBAINE
Valhalla awaits.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 03:54:05 AM »
How's your water intake?Majority of the ppl that I hear saying what you are is ppl that have little to no water intake at all.Water IMO is our body's natural oil for all our joints aches.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 06:43:23 AM »
I'm addicted to going heavy but the pain sucks my ass. Who has a cure?

No cures, only temporary solutions...you could try glucosamine....or going lighter, even if you ARE addicted...
:-)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 02:13:45 PM »
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 02:18:35 PM »
Starting to go heavier and heavier with my lifts and thinking about doing some powerlifting. But my recovery time sucks and I can't go as heavy as I would like from the pain in my bones and joints.

Other than roids, who has suggestions on getting rid of the pain? I lift 4 days a week isolating one body part for each day. I eat good, take MSM Glucosimine, and take every other pill and supplement to try and help. I'm addicted to going heavy but the pain sucks my ass. Who has a cure?

Maybe your joints, tendons, ligaments, etc. aren't ready for that.  How long have you been lifting?
Are you taking 1500mg glucosamine?  Any less (and no need for more) is proven ineffective.  Are you taking your fish oil?
:

wells31

• Getbig II
  • Well La-Di-Frickin Da!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 02:59:18 PM »
How's your water intake?Majority of the ppl that I hear saying what you are is ppl that have little to no water intake at all.Water IMO is our body's natural oil for all our joints aches.

I drink one gallon of water a day and trying to drink more. It is hard to drink more than a gallon in a day.
All Heart, Live 4 Pain!

wells31

• Getbig II
  • Well La-Di-Frickin Da!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »
Maybe your joints, tendons, ligaments, etc. aren't ready for that.  How long have you been lifting?
Are you taking 1500mg glucosamine?  Any less (and no need for more) is proven ineffective.  Are you taking your fish oil?

I have been lifting for about ten years. I weight 245 on a 5'10" frame. I take flax seed oil and omega 3 fish oil everyday twice a day. I might have to check and see how much Glucosamine I take in a day. I take three pills a day everyday but don't know the mg.
All Heart, Live 4 Pain!

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 03:28:12 PM »
Warm up really good, progressivly heavier.
Don't go lower than 6 controlled reps.
Don't lockout on any movement untill u r ready to rack the weight.
Look at your range of motion, make sure u aren't extending too far on the negative.
Make sure u r taking in 2-3g of esterfied creatine, or 10g (spread out) of mono. Also take 10-20g of glutamine spread out daily.(add it to every shake, and your first beverage in the morning)
Stick with the other joint supps u r taking.
CEA999

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 08:04:31 AM »

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 04:27:54 AM »
Read about it with a search on this site and others.  ETS is EXACTLY what you need.
w