Author Topic: Best exercise for upper chest??  (Read 18164 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Best exercise for upper chest??
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
Ok OK .. you getbig boys are eager for big pecs so iīll let you know the secret to Mr O pecs...
 ;D
and donīt lie i bet a few here had this Bullworker at home... ;D ;D

I had one bought it a long time ago, used it every day!

BiG_Bob

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 04:40:01 PM »
Can you work your chest 2 days apart

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2013, 12:37:15 AM »
Can you work your chest 2 days apart
you can but not with much intensity i assume you mean training then a break of 2 days. Or do you mean trying to train diffrent areas/lifts over 2 workouts. some do this with full body say flat press monday and incline wed. If you train chest hard you will need more than 2 days rest, itīs a question of intensity and volume.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
I'm beginning to believe that inclines don't target the upper chest. It does involve more delts. I don't believe now you can isolate the middle, lower or upper chest.

When Dorian competed I never heard of him using decline presses. He does promote it now. Without a doubt it's easier on the shoulder joint. Just dangerous to do without a spotter. If you have the typical bench shoulder problems try declines.

When I do whole body routines I pick one at the most maybe two exercises per body part. My main chest was flat dumbbell presses and I never thought or felt my upper chest wasn't getting hit hard.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2013, 08:29:41 AM »
Agree with OldTimer1.

Suggest that dips are that much easier on the shoulder joints, pressing down and along side the body. Declines seems kinder to the shoulder girdle, also. Try DB's on declines, or any other chest pressing exercise. Allow a more nature motion for the pressing muscles. And better stretch. Try using a narrower bench width for chest work (there are different width's).

Even BB military presses hit the upper pecs, but not to the extreme that they would be considered a actual focus movement.  Good Luck.

F