Author Topic: Americans - Anyone here worried about North Korea?  (Read 15905 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Americans - Anyone here worried about North Korea?
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2013, 11:15:59 AM »
Indeed. Many Americans don't give a shit about any other country, and they just stubbornly think the US is the best place on earth, even though they have probably never travelled or owned a passport.

It's because of the geographic isolation and the media mainly.

Personally I was blown away when I started travelling to other countries. I realized many countries that Americans consider third world shitholes are actually great places with high quality of life.
For instance?

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:20 AM »
There are so many I want to quote, I can't just grab one.  It definitely takes SEEING for BELIEVING.  Somebody posts an intelligent topic and suddenly I'm being asked why I was a man?  See what I mean? 

Sad enough people can't take things seriously for two minutes of their short little lives, but to put down the people who are actually speaking from experience?  Thank you! 

I really don't think the UN will let NK get so far, but they are almost entirely self-sufficient and know nothing more than themselves... (more than a quarter of the American posters are acting exactly the same as this young totalitarian leader)- What they don't know can't hurt them.  Stupid stupid stupid...

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2013, 11:28:50 AM »
For instance?

Indonesia

I have not been but a friend of mine moved and integrated and fell in love, never came back.  One example.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »
An eyeroll emoticon would have been a better fit.
It was just so absurd that I couldn't do anything but laugh.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
There are so many I want to quote, I can't just grab one.  It definitely takes SEEING for BELIEVING.  Somebody posts an intelligent topic and suddenly I'm being asked why I was a man?  See what I mean?  

Sad enough people can't take things seriously for two minutes of their short little lives, but to put down the people who are actually speaking from experience?  Thank you!  

I really don't think the UN will let NK get so far, but they are almost entirely self-sufficient and know nothing more than themselves... (more than a quarter of the American posters are acting exactly the same as this young totalitarian leader)- What they don't know can't hurt them.  Stupid stupid stupid...

please, stop with your self righteousness...
This topic/ and your own topic has been done to death, it's a recycled topic just like "what do girls want" and everything in Flex magazine...
There is nothing new to the table...
And you talking about the "UN not letting NK get too far", and we are the un-enlightened ones? Please...

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
For instance?

Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Thailand, Indonesia, Laos, even many parts of India and China.

It's not about what country you're in, but what town. Every country has certain towns and cities that are really nice. But most people just generalize entire countries as homogenous entities.

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »
What , nearly permanent citizen in Sweden Sarah?

How come.

I almost missed this!  Yes I was approved for work and residence permit in Sweden.  I was going to marry and move away with this man.  He wanted to marry me for my American Passport and because I was talented and had money (I think somewhere he loved me in his own sick way, but a way I will never understand)--  I realized this and got the fuck out of there fast.  A temper like I've never seen before.  Very scary. I was literally stranded in this country for some time.  I still have nightmares over it.  A foreigner in a foreign country was the only real teacher I had?   I wanted the stability, he wanted my prosperity... we were ultimately using each other so within one day I bought a ticket back to America the same week I was approved for stay.  Very scary being outside your homeland by yourself, with nobody close enough for advice or help of any kind.  I jumped before I could get locked away with some freak.  Wow he scared the shit out of me.  The only help I had was from the Stockholm chapter of the Banditos biker gang.  They were awesome, helpful and kept me in their safe house until I could leave back for America.  

I will have them as friends forever.  I had never been in such a dangerous situation in all my life.  Amir was his name.  Chills down my spine just thinking about it.

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »
Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Thailand, Indonesia, Laos, even many parts of India and China.

It's not about what country you're in, but what town. Every country has certain towns and cities that are really nice. But most people just generalize entire countries as homogeneous entities.

Cool, I was curious for more examples as well!  Nicely put though.  Just like NYC or Chicago... One block to the next its like a different world.  Definitely dependent on where you are...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
I almost missed this!  Yes I was approved for work and residence permit in Sweden.  I was going to marry and move away with this man.  He wanted to marry me for my American Passport and because I was talented and had money (I think somewhere he loved me in his own sick way, but a way I will never understand)--  I realized this and got the fuck out of there fast.  A temper like I've never seen before.  Very scary. I was literally stranded in this country for some time.  I still have nightmares over it.  A foreigner in a foreign country was the only real teacher I had?   I wanted the stability, he wanted my prosperity... we were ultimately using each other so within one day I bought a ticket back to America the same week I was approved for stay.  Very scary being outside your homeland by yourself, with nobody close enough for advice or help of any kind.  I jumped before I could get locked away with some freak.  Wow he scared the shit out of me.  The only help I had was from the Stockholm chapter of the Banditos biker gang.  They were awesome, helpful and kept me in their safe house until I could leave back for America.  

I will have them as friends forever.  I had never been in such a dangerous situation in all my life.  Amir was his name.  Chills down my spine just thinking about it.

Wait a sec, you fell in love with a Swede, went to Sweden and then he changed and you got stranded?

How long until he changed? In what way did he change?

Was he a biker?

Did he pee in WOOO's cup?

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »
please, stop with your self righteousness...
This topic/ and your own topic has been done to death, it's a recycled topic just like "what do girls want" and everything in Flex magazine...
There is nothing new to the table...
And you talking about the "UN not letting NK get too far", and we are the un-enlightened ones? Please...

I'm sorry, this is in GOSSIP AND OPINIONS!  Did I piss you off with my FREE SPEECH??

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »
Wait a sec, you fell in love with a Swede, went to Sweden and then he changed and you got stranded?

How long until he changed? In what way did he change?

Was he a biker?

Did he pee in WOOO's cup?

NEJ! Came out jumbled.  He wasn't a Swed.  He was Iranian.  Which is probably why the mess.  My guys that helped were Swed's by then it was too late, I was gone.

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
and you know I can't talk about that stuff.... specifics of who pee'd in woooo's cup... whatever that means.

SLAYME

• Getbig II
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2013, 11:52:13 AM »
They are a bunch of Douches looking for a some free stuff.  You know, kind of like half of Americans.  We should send that guy a couple of hookers and some jack daniels and that will shut him up for awhile.

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »

Wow I had almost the exact same thing happen to me pretty much. But I was in Vietnam and the woman was just pure evil. She probably would have killed me for my money. She had vietnamese gangsters after me. I almost ended up staying in Vietnam and marrying into that place. That would have been crazy.

Vietnam is no joke. That place is as hardcore as it gets.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
I'm sorry, this is in GOSSIP AND OPINIONS!  Did I piss you off with my FREE SPEECH??
???
What the hell...
There is no answer for this, because you didn't read what I said...it had been done to death... And also what you said about the UN, which is laughable, they can't "prevent" or allow anything, they are pretty much neutered...and have been for a while now...
Ain't nothing free in this land, it's only "allowed"...
But then again, if you were with a man who didn't really love you, and the fix was in, the obvious tends to escape you...

It's not about what country you're in, but what town. Every country has certain towns and cities that are really nice. But most people just generalize entire countries as homogenous entities.
Thank you...
I believe that America will end up looking like Brazil...and I also believe that Brazil and many other South American countries are the real ones to watch...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
NEJ! Came out jumbled.  He wasn't a Swed.  He was Iranian.  Which is probably why the mess.  My guys that helped were Swed's by then it was too late, I was gone.

IRANIAN!

TowelMudshark!  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
IRANIAN!

TowelMudshark!  ;D

Persian are kind of white, right?  Same overall family?
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2013, 01:10:21 PM »
Hell no we aren't worried they don't even lift.

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2013, 01:23:52 PM »
NK is no real threat to america. At the most they could bomb Guam, maybe alaska. And 2 minutes after they do it they would get obliterated by the insanely powerful US military.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2013, 06:30:04 PM »
REtard:

They are already doing this. There is a Chinaman in each African village. Look for China to move about 300 million plus to Africa. And they don't give a fucks about the blacks. They won't know what hit them. Chinese are not encumbered by weak political correctness.

They're gonna create a nation of Tiger Woodses.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
The US and europe are about to stop being able to buy all the junk china produces... once we dont buy their crap anymore, rapatriate our industries in our homelands, they re toast, no more money for them. They would side with russia even more, and islamists who are taking over europe. Chinese are nervous about all the dollars they own as the US are on the verge of collapsing economically meaning those dollars wouldnt be worth the paper they printed on all of a sudden. Apparently china is already trying to get rid of all these dollars, trying to transform them into solid assets.

1. What evidence is there that Western consumers are suddenly going to lose their ability to buy Chinese products?

2. It is uncontroversial that a huge amount of wealth will be destroyed and that quality of life will wither the world over if the West and China readopt mercantilist economic policies. It follows that policymakers will at least attempt to cooperate internationally in the event of another crisis.
There was a significant (but inoptimal) amount of cooperation in the midst of the second-worst crisis ever (2007-09); what evidence is there that the next will be so different that cooperation will be eschewed?

3. You have repeatedly stated that a collapse is coming. Rather than make such vague, sweeping predictions with no indication of when they will occur, why don't you give us all a general ETA for the crisis, plus the mechanism(s) that will undergird it. Since you're so confident about it, I'm confident that you will have no problem producing this information (since you should already have it, unless you are full of shit of course).

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
1. What evidence is there that Western consumers are suddenly going to lose their ability to buy Chinese products?

2. It is uncontroversial that a huge amount of wealth will be destroyed and that quality of life will wither the world over if the West and China readopt mercantilist economic policies. It follows that policymakers will at least attempt to cooperate internationally in the event of another crisis.
There was a significant (but inoptimal) amount of cooperation in the midst of the second-worst crisis ever (2007-09); what evidence is there that the next will be so different that cooperation will be eschewed?

3. You have repeatedly stated that a collapse is coming. Rather than make such vague, sweeping predictions with no indication of when they will occur, why don't you give us all a general ETA for the crisis, plus the mechanism(s) that will undergird it. Since you're so confident about it, I'm confident that you will have no problem producing this information (since you should already have it, unless you are full of shit of course).
Too much thought. Meltdown.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »
NK is no real threat to america. At the most they could bomb Guam, maybe alaska. And 2 minutes after they do it they would get obliterated by the insanely powerful US military.

for the people who live in Cali, hawaii, alaska, guam, or our troops on the bases right there, they are a very big threat.

plus this completely  neglects any possibility they put that shit on a tugboat to cali, or tie a bomb to a donkey over the border

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »
for the people who live in Cali, hawaii, alaska, guam, or our troops on the bases right there, they are a very big threat.

plus this completely  neglects any possibility they put that shit on a tugboat to cali, or tie a bomb to a donkey over the border

They aren't a legitimate threat.   A North Korean attack is highly unlikely because it accomplishes nothing.  North Koreans arent jihadist intend on blowing themselves up in the name of martyrdom. 
A

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
Indonesia

I have not been but a friend of mine moved and integrated and fell in love, never came back.  One example.

To be fair - Indonesia is a third world shithole.