Author Topic: Boston Bombing - Explosion at the Boston Marathon Finish Line  (Read 380875 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Boston Bombing - Explosion at the Boston Marathon Finish Line
« Reply #3300 on: April 20, 2013, 02:10:10 AM »
So you suggest intolerance as the solution? Well, then you have introduced something similar to Islam.

Terrorist Breivik was equally ignorant to the paradox inherent in wanting to impose a form of dictatorship with Christian fundamentalism as the guiding values, in order to fight Islam.

We Nordic people should abandon the middle eastern religions and embrace our native gods  ;D. Odin and Thor!
Or maybe science, humanism and democracy would suffice.

NN
Odin and Thor were beaten by a man about 5'1-5'2, and was about love and balance...

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3301 on: April 20, 2013, 02:12:13 AM »
If Churchill isn't enough, take the words of the incomparable Arthur Schopenhauer into consideration:

"Consider the Koran, for example; this wretched book was sufficient to start a world-religion, to satisfy the metaphysical need for countless millions for twelve hundred years, to become the basis of their morality and of a remarkable contempt for death, and also to inspire them to bloody wars and the most extensive conquests. In this book we find the saddest and poorest form of theism. Much may be lost in translation, but I have not been able to discover in it one single idea of value. Such things show that the capacity for metaphysics does not go hand in hand with the need for it..."

Schopenhauer was a GIANT of philosophy and theology, and he had nothing but the most absolute contempt for Islam.
It's a garbage religion.

dude don't bother with her, i know her type exactly. dated a chick like that once. self proclaimed feminist, except for some reason completely infatuated with backwards-ass cultures that subject women to rape, beatings, genital mutilation, you name it. i just don't get it. i guess they think they can "enlighten" them?

in universities the libtard social sciences professors all love islam and teach how awesome it is and like to hate on christianity for some reason. HIGHLY biased information being taught in nearly all schools. i don't understand their logic. i hate christians too (hate all religion), but admitting the hypocrisy of christianity while preaching islam is a religion of peace is just naive and stupid and biased. i think it's time we all realize, NO RELIGIOUS PERSON follows their religion 100% and even if the quaran DOES *supposedly* teach tolerance, you have to realize people take it out of context.

someone here mentioned the quaran teaches that you can only defend yourself against an attack, well guess what, these terrorist nutters don't take it literally. to them, our very existence is an attack and they are fighting a holy war to "defend" themselves. again, i've said before and i'll say it again, not all are like that. and yes, i can kinda understand their anger seeing what we did to them via the CIA during the cold war and what we continue to do to them by supporting the imperialist murderous israelis and their atrocities towards palestine, but that doesn't excuse terrorism, and clearly there's ENOUGH islam supporters that DO support terrorism. and i'm not just talking about arabs either. what about the black panthers? true, homegrown domestic terrorists.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #3302 on: April 20, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »
You can tell how intolerant a religion is by how those who practise the religion tolerate criticism.  If they react with indifference and listen to your point of view and debate the merits of your differences, then you have a tolerant religion.  On the other hand, if people live in fear of criticising a religion because they are threatened with death or torture, or are ridiculed and ostracised, or are abused and harassed, then you have an intolerant religion on your hands.  And people like that should be the last people on the planet to determine what should and should not be tolerated.
V

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #3303 on: April 20, 2013, 02:26:47 AM »
Odin and Thor were beaten by a man about 5'1-5'2, and was about love and balance...

In Norway, Christianity was enforced by a king leading an army.

NN

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3304 on: April 20, 2013, 02:30:07 AM »
In Norway, Christianity was enforced by a king leading an army.

NN
Well, that King was wan't forced to do it...per se...it was out of Love for that short man with a beard

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #3305 on: April 20, 2013, 02:33:02 AM »
Well, that King was wan't forced to do it...per se...it was out of Love for that short man with a beard

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

--Napoleon

"Åsatroen", the Nordic religion, never was viable for a modern society, but neither is christianity. Islam is worst of them all.

NN

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3306 on: April 20, 2013, 02:37:10 AM »
"Åsatroen", the Nordic religion, never was viable for a modern society, but neither is christianity. Islam is worst of them all.
NN
Why do you say that? And are we truly "modern"? Didn't Christianity replace liberalism in Rome? And isn't that what liberalism is doing now, becoming the new religion of the State and becoming the government as well?
I was listening to the author of this book on C-Span radio yesterday night

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #3307 on: April 20, 2013, 02:40:05 AM »
I completely disagree.  When you stand up to intolerance it is not intolerance in it's purest form.  Breivik did what he did because he didn't have any support, he was surrounded by a bunch of liberals who tolerate and enable Islamic terrorism with their passive and politically correct stance.  In the same way that when a victim stands up to a bully.  You wouldn't consider the victim finally standing up for himself as a bully, he is the anti-bully.  So yes, I believe being intolerant of intolerance is the answer.  It all comes down to who initiates the intolerance, and because the Muslims are raised and follow a book full of Intolerance, it will almost always be them.  They practise intolerance as part of their religion.

Islamic intolerance is simply for the sake of it, there is no rhyme or reason to it, but being intolerant of their intolerance makes perfect sense.  It is the only time intolerance should be allowed.  You can not defeat systemic intolerance by tolerating it, that only feeds it and allows it to grow bigger and stronger.  Intolerance feeds on tolerance.  Like I said, it is similar to dealing with a bully, you can learn to accept the regular beatings, you can try and avoid the confrontation whenever possible, you can attempt to reason and sympathise with the bully or you can stand up for yourself and beat that fucker down.  Nothing changes until the bully is stood up too.  The other options he just sees as weakness and will bully you even more.

Do you tolerate your children beating others down, harassing and abusing other children, spreading hate and fear about other people, threatening them because they are different.  No one would tolerate that from their children.  And are you labelled some prejudiced bigot for not tolerating despicable behaviour from your children.  Then why should we tolerate it from people who behave like this and then defend it by saying it is part of their religion?

Exactly.

They view the West as complete idiots.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3308 on: April 20, 2013, 02:43:39 AM »
Exactly.

They view the West as complete idiots.

YES YES YES

Not only Muslims, but even other more friendly minded non western cultures cannot believe the naive gullibility of the west.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3309 on: April 20, 2013, 02:49:09 AM »
YES YES YES

Not only Muslims, but even other more friendly minded non western cultures cannot believe the naive gullibility of the west.

It's quite strange that countries like Japan, Cambodia, Thailand, etc. actually try and preserve their culture and traditions while the West actively tries to destroy their own and bend over backwards for everyone else's culture.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3310 on: April 20, 2013, 02:53:30 AM »
But WHO within the west is encouraging this?   MEDIA and POLITICIANS.    Not the average person.

The average person believes in being polite to those with different practices, but not allowing their own to be destroyed.

Most of the "little people" supporting this shit are pathetic individuals with no self respect who place their faith in TV celebrities etc.

It's quite strange that countries like Japan, Cambodia, Thailand, etc. actually try and preserve their culture and traditions while the West actively tries to destroy their own and bend over backwards for everyone else's culture.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #3311 on: April 20, 2013, 05:14:15 AM »
Upside....if Islam wins....we get multiple wives and we get to beat them if we like. After two black eyes, she needs her hearing checked.  ;D

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3312 on: April 20, 2013, 05:23:42 AM »
The True Adonis, your most trusted name in news.

"I get all my news from Adonis.. up to date live coverage 24 7, don't know what i'd do without him"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #3313 on: April 20, 2013, 05:47:48 AM »
 :-X
V

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3314 on: April 20, 2013, 06:24:07 AM »
E kul, Maybe you should actually research what is meant the Quran by Jihad, or what it is referring to, in its correct context, when it talks about fighting or killing anyone.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3315 on: April 20, 2013, 06:26:57 AM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #3316 on: April 20, 2013, 06:27:48 AM »
Probably not the best thread to be vomiting up your Muslim propaganda.  Lets not forget that it is ISLAMIC ideology that inspired these despicable unforgivable acts of terrorism.

How can anyone trust someone who speaks positively about ISLAM, Because of ISLAMIC doctrine that threatens to harm anyone who slanders the religion, how can anyone know if they are speaking positively about ISLAM because they believe it or because they FEAR it.  You can never trust any group that threatens others who criticise it, this very fact, answers the very question as to what Islam is all about. TERROR

And while we are quoting the KORAN, here is a few more peace loving excerpts from the book of hell.

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #3317 on: April 20, 2013, 07:05:13 AM »
E kul, Maybe you should actually research what is meant the Quran by Jihad, or what it is referring to, in its correct context, when it talks about fighting or killing anyone.
Perhaps you need to do some homework.  George Bernard Shaw was an atheist who was openly critical of religion, he once even included a drawing of Muhammad in one of his publications.    The above quote was from an interview published in the Muslim magazine 'Genuine Islam' and this most quoted part of that interview is not, in fact, any part of the interview itself,  It is rather from a paragraph that is excerpted out of the main body of the interview into its own quote box — except that this paragraph appears nowhere in the interview itself.  It is widely considered, the quote you posted is simply fabricated by the fanatical All Malaya Muslim Missionary Society who published the article.

When Shaw compared Hinduism to Islam, he said Islam is very different, being ferociously intolerant.  In the interview, Shaw had asked the Maulana: “[How can you] possibly present the picture of Heaven and Hell, which is portrayed in the Qur’an, in a manner convincing to persons conversant with science, whose minds are inured to accept nothing without visible or palpable proof?” to which His Eminence reeled off a long explanation, relying largely on the usual argument of metaphor, as well as some cutting edge mangling of atomic theory. Shaw largely ignored this, and went on to say that Muslim Hell was something “reinvented by Mohammad”, “a very frightful hell, of disgusting diseases and no houris; [but] the sort of place that the Arabs could understand and believe in; and it put the fear of God into them”

It seems absolutely crazy to me, that Muslims would quote a man who was a atheist, a supreme infidel.  Shaw openly despised organised Religion and is also quoted as saying.

At present there is not a single credible established religion in the world. -George Bernard Shaw

Beware of the man whose God is in the skies. - George Bernard Shaw

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.- George Bernard Shaw

The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.- George Bernard Shaw

Whoever admits that anything living is evil must either believe that God is malignantly capable of creating evil, or else believe that God has made many mistakes. - Bernard Shaw

V

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3318 on: April 20, 2013, 07:22:23 AM »

Thomas Carlyle never won a Nobel Prize.  He died 20 years before the prize was even instituted, and it's a prize only offered to living authors.  Never mind the fact that he has never been held in very high regard, and that he was an ardent supporter of slavery.  (See: "Occasional Discourse on the Negro Question," by T. Carlyle.)

Between that and the spurious Shaw quote, I'd say that you don't have much.  :-\

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3319 on: April 20, 2013, 07:27:56 AM »
It doesn't matter. Anyone who truly understands Islam, the Quran, and the life of the Prophet, are going to come to the same conclusions.

Any Ideology that sparks terrorism is NOT Islamic. There are always going to be small numbers of nuts, who may claim to be Muslim, or any other religion for that matter,  but their actions in no way correspond with what they claim to be. It's not surprising that there are people around the world, some happen to be Muslim,  who hate America,  and in response they may adapt a certain twisted violent ideology which Islam clearly does not represent. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend. I mean Islam also clearly states that alcohol is forbidden, yet there are plenty of Muslims who drink alcohol. That is the problem of that individual, not Islam.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #3321 on: April 20, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »
It doesn't matter. Anyone who truly understands Islam, the Quran, and the life of the Prophet, are going to come to the same conclusions.

Any Ideology that sparks terrorism is NOT Islamic. There are always going to be small numbers of nuts, who may claim to be Muslim, or any other religion for that matter,  but their actions in no way correspond with what they claim to be. It's not surprising that there are people around the world, some happen to be Muslim,  who hate America,  and in response they may adapt a certain twisted violent ideology which Islam clearly does not represent. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend. I mean Islam also clearly states that alcohol is forbidden, yet there are plenty of Muslims who drink alcohol. That is the problem of that individual, not Islam.

It's the part where terrorist acts are committed in the name of Islam...
Y

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #3322 on: April 20, 2013, 07:35:15 AM »

Yeah we don't care if they drink alcohol, it's blowing people up that is a cause for concern.  And if you are so concerned about extremists, what are you doing about it, how can you allow these people to continue to ruin the religion you love.  Why not join together with your fellow moderates and do something about it, don't just say, Oh, there not one of us.  Do something.  If I was part of a team and there was a small minority in the teams name were causing others to suffer unnecessarily and ruing the reputation of the team, there would be some strong actions taken.  Either the rest of the team would put an end to it or we would simply leave the team.  No God, Faith or religion in the world is worth being associated with acts of extreme terror.

How about starting a worldwide Islamic anti terror squad and policing your own instead of leaving it up to the rest of us who mostly see even moderate Islam and the texts in the Koran as perverse and not worthy of a decent human being.
V

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3323 on: April 20, 2013, 07:37:00 AM »
It's the part where terrorist acts are committed in the name of Islam...

....And where said acts are actively or tacitly supported by the "Muslim Communities" of the world.
"By their works ye shall know them".

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3324 on: April 20, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »
Does anyone even lift thats in this thread?