Author Topic: view my training workout  (Read 4095 times)

enhancer

• Getbig II
view my training workout
« on: April 16, 2013, 07:01:55 AM »
1 week  yates hit routine,2nd week yates hit routine plus fst7 on each muscle trained per day.3rd week medium weight high reps x 5 sets. 12,15 upper bod ,15 to 20 lower bod x 5 sets.any views on my workout routine? ???

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: view my training workout
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:02:46 AM »
1 week  yates hit routine,2nd week yates hit routine plus fst7 on each muscle trained per day.3rd week medium weight high reps x 5 sets. 12,15 upper bod ,15 to 20 lower bod x 5 sets.any views on my workout routine? ???
Why would you do light or medium workouts? A waste of time just go heavy then rest as Yates he only trained 4 days a week but heavy on roids and superior genes.

enhancer

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:25:06 AM »
too hit different muscle fibers,and more shape

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 10:32:33 AM »
Weather you go heavy or light,high reps or low reps is something you have to determine on how your muscles through genetics are responding, although it is a general rule that hi reps recruit slow twitch muscle fibers which will produce harder leaner muscle mass and higher weight lower reps will recruit fast twitch muscle fiber producing big bulkier muscle,you really have to pay attention to how your muscle as an individual responds....
I Bleed PhillyEagle

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 02:47:34 PM »
That FST-7 stuff (or whatchamacallit) is a special "trick" used by guys slamming mad slin post-workout.  A good pump is nice and all, but I question anyone's intelligence if they claim it is the end-all and be-all for muscle growth.  How many countless millions of guys train regularly, get a good pump, go hope and sleep because sex is out of the question (their old ladies are probably suffering from menopause; and if not that, it's the ubiquitous "time of the month") ... and yet, these same dudes look the same year after year?

Meanwhile, you've got plenty of lifters who never experience a skin-splitting pump, and they grow like crazy over time.  

Yeah ... FST-7 is for dudes loaded up on all kinds of shit.  In that light, I guess a little extra pumping on some exercises would do little to daunt the CNS, so similar workouts could be repeated several days later.

As long as you're taking care of your joints, particularly your knees and rotator cuffs, just go the progressive resistance route.  Yates' routine is solid.  So are some of the more "old-school" 5x5s:  take your predicted 8 rep max on big moves like the bench or incline, dips, SLDL, squat or front, leg press, dead or rack, highpull and/or BB or DB row, subtract 5-10% from that, then spend a few weeks working up to that in a 5x5 format. Once you can get all five sets of five, you can add iron to the bar.  

Traditionalists hold that you might take a week to just jerk about in the gym; e.g., if you benched 315 for 5 sets of 5 at your near-peak, during your off-weak, you'd maybe do 3 sets of 6 with 275.

If you still don't feel quite up to par, I'd suggest doing two weekly workouts.  In each, you might do just a set or two per a selection of bodyparts; you don't want to make it into a full-body thing on any given day.  For bench, try 135x25.  It'll be easy, but rack it just instead.  Apply a similar ratio to your other key movements.  

This is all assuming you're natural, in which case the advice is still completely valid IMNSHO but, well ... enhanced trainees *can* be a whole different ballgame.  I myself benefit from the same training modalities, whether I'm clean or not.  But as I get a little older, my joint integrity takes priority.

enhancer

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:30:11 AM »
great read thanks for your time  8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:53 AM »
I would suggest what mr nobody said ,,heavy 4x per wk workouts ,rest ,adjusting reps depending on wk/movements at low end 6 hi end 12/15 depending on objective example heavier leg day squats LOW 6 and then DO 12REP SQUAT DAY FOR PUMP...DROP.SUPER/TRI SETS ALL WORK WELL DEPENDING ON GOALS,

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »
I would suggest what mr nobody said ,,heavy 4x per wk workouts ,rest ,adjusting reps depending on wk/movements at low end 6 hi end 12/15 depending on objective example heavier leg day squats LOW 6 and then DO 12REP SQUAT DAY FOR PUMP...DROP.SUPER/TRI SETS ALL WORK WELL DEPENDING ON GOALS,
Yes it works.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
fuck training legs, focus on arms, delts and pecs  ;D ;D ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »

;D...

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »
That question is deserving of a long answer and many questions.

There is no "one size fits all" style. Each individual reacts differently to training stimulus.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »

I know you tease :), but too many years of that will invariably lead to poor scap stabilization and/or weak rotators.  My new rule of thumb is to do at least two pulling movements in the same plane I perform a given press; e.g., face pulls and Pendlays (among many others) for flat or slightly inclined benching, and chins or a couple of max set of quality machine pulldowns for every top set I do on shoulder presses of any variety. 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
I know you tease :), but too many years of that will invariably lead to poor scap stabilization and/or weak rotators.  My new rule of thumb is to do at least two pulling movements in the same plane I perform a given press; e.g., face pulls and Pendlays (among many others) for flat or slightly inclined benching, and chins or a couple of max set of quality machine pulldowns for every top set I do on shoulder presses of any variety. 

:)

i just started using this machine and my lats are already starting to spread out

in fact, a few nights a go my girl was with me and she was looking at my back while i was posting up on here ;D and she said to me "dj, your back is bigger" and she wanted to take some photos of it (true story man) ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »
:)

i just started using this machine and my lats are already starting to spread out

in fact, a few nights a go my girl was with me and she was looking at my back while i was posting up on here ;D and she said to me "dj, your back is bigger" and she wanted to take some photos of it (true story man) ;D

great machine,,we have similar version...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
great machine,,we have similar version...

yep yep

i like it alot and it's working better for me than normal pulldowns and pulley rows