Author Topic: i talked to a few highly educated highly paid people i know and i feel discourag  (Read 9616 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
I have a degree in web development. Don't work in the field any longer though. Work in production scheduling and purchasing.
interesting, i sometimes look at jobs like this

demand planning and procurement, same thing right?

baffles me how they are looking for people with 2 masters and an mba for jobs like this

are they that complex, or even that well paid?

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I make nearly $100k/year, work 50 or 60 hours a week in a Midwest Auto Factory.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
I think some people/companies may request a masters for junior positions that don't typically require it because so many kids are staying in school after getting their BS because the job market sucked. 

Rather than having to begin paying their tuition off they stay in school and get the masters.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'

Pretty much, yes.

Complexity would depend on the industry and production processes involved. I do fairly well in this field, especially considering the median income and cost of living in the area in which I live.

If I were younger and looking at entering the workforce, I most definitely would look at becoming a skilled tradesman. The money can be good and the demand is going to be there.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
interesting, i sometimes look at jobs like this

baffles me how they are looking for people with 2 masters and an mba for jobs like this

The thing is, it's mostly about personal drive. I think I would thrive anywhere because I am wired to figure out what I need to do to be successful then I do it. If I lost this job tomorrow I'd be looking into becoming an apprentice or journeyman in a field that is in demand and start over. I sense in your attitude the lack of desire to take the bull by the horns... 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
The thing is, it's mostly about personal drive. I think I would thrive anywhere because I am wired to figure out what I need to do to be successful then I do it. If I lost this job tomorrow I'd be looking into becoming an apprentice or journeyman in a field that is in demand and start over. I sense in your attitude the lack of desire to take the bull by the horns... 

Same.

I have a friend who became a Millwright about 5 years and does very well for himself.

bigmc

• Getbig V
they pretty much confirmed to me that without at the very least one masters degree in engineering or computer science you cant expect to ever get a good salary

other useful things may obviously be doctor/lawyer

those foreigners with their flimsy one man businesses are probably making a lot more than any guy without a very solid education

night school
T

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Welder
Electrician
Plumber

this.

I don't know what it's like where you live but in the developed world these people make good coin. You may need someone to take you in as an apprentice...look into it.

Edit: I guess it's been mentioned already.  I'd stay away from welding cause of the smoke/high temperatures myself although there are protective measures.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
night school
i'm actually doing that

but i think that even if i make it thru

the certificate will be little more than a jizz rag compared to all these fellas with masters and additional management courses

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
Getting a job is mostly about looking professional, being sharp, having charisma, persistence, team player attitude, initiative to learn and good work ethic.

Get all that stuff on point, and its more important than a degree.

Also networking is key, talk to lots of people and kiss ass to people who can hook you up with good jobs.

It's all about how you present yourself, who you know, and how you play your cards.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bro these people aren't necessarily better than you, smarter, or more talented, all it is they have became part of systematic circles which allow them to have what they do materialistically, many of these people have performed acts which go against a moral mans code, the huge line of homosexual acts to gain promotion in the corporate world is a ritual that is going on and many don't realize it, most politicians and other industry upper eschelon circles are nothing but pipelines for disposable humans and shit that goes on a moral man would never do, it's real easy to become a sickle fance ass kissing schmoe to gain access to these socialite and money driven circles and industries, but it's more of a challenge for a person of high morale because the moral person wouldn't even entertain or do some of the things these people do to get where they are, once you've studied the illuminati you see the connection to so called successful people and the person who is an authentic good person, once you realize this schmoe network of bullshit you sleep better knowing your a good person and could never destroy a persons life with lies bribes back stabbing and acts that are not good, who's going to get promoted at the local engineering firm, the guy who takes orders and is willing to tell any lie a superior orders him to carry out, or the good guy who refuses to entertain any bullcrap, the little schmoe who lies and does what he's ordered to do, on the big picture and big scheme of things someone who is so called successful didn't get there in a honest way, many of these people have had to lie and do many things they would never share with someone bc the shame and shock that it would bring is unspeakable, if a hundred dollar bill is only worth the paper it's printed on, that makes that tea notes actual worth at about 4 cents, since its not backed by gold, so why choose to revel in the false and made up systematic world of material illusion, many of these schmoes your speaking of are the most ignorant and asleep people alive, who's going to be more powerful a man who thinks and has knowledge and is awake, or the schmoe bendin over the desk and being drunk on his cell phone computer and all the other technological trendy forms of distraction designed to destroy the human and the family unit, the man who thinks all day and who doesn't bu into the illusion, will be more powerful than the man who drinks all day getting drunk on materialistic illusory systematic forms of slavery.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
seems like a lot of these conspiracy theories are just to comfort unsuccessful people

i dont know really

maybe i need to learn how to make pizza and start a pizza delivering business from my apartment

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
i used to feel that way until i worked with these "highly educated people" and realised they are just as bad as everyone else, they just are more pretentious

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
I know a guy who next to nothing about welding, went to school and a little over a year later is making over $40 an hour. There are good paying trades out there for sure.

you think thats good money eh?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
you think thats good money eh?

The guys talking about selling pizza from his apartment so yeah, for him, that's good money, for you or I, not so much..

DKlent

• Getbig III
they pretty much confirmed to me that without at the very least one masters degree in engineering or computer science you cant expect to ever get a good salary

other useful things may obviously be doctor/lawyer

those foreigners with their flimsy one man businesses are probably making a lot more than any guy without a very solid education

Not a good idea anymore...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tucker-max/law-school_b_2713943.html

DKlent

• Getbig III
Here's how you do it.

If you do get a college education, pick a good major that is practical, computer science is a fine choice.

Then, don't take out a lot of student loans, during college, be a cheapskate, work part time, sell drugs, don't take any vacations, do what you gotta do, but make sure you keep your student loans LOW.

Follow these 2 steps, and it is worth it.

And if you are hot, you can turn yourself into a ladyboy. Hot ladyboys can make big money fucking old dudes in the ass.

Without special scholarships or wealthy parents, it is impossible NOT to take out loans. I got no help from my parents, I worked full time and went to college full time and I was a cheap skate and I still had to take out loans. Never went on vacations either.

Going to a university, not just a trade school or a community college, the tuition is far too high.

DKlent

• Getbig III
Welder
Electrician
Plumber

If by "decent" you mean 30-40 k a year then sure...But you have to own your own business. I know someone with their own plumbing business and they get a lot of work but bring in maybe 35k a year.

If you are any of these trades and work FOR someone then expect to bring in much less.

DKlent

• Getbig III
Don't go for huge money right away.

Shoot to make 35k per year at first, then improve from there.

Lots of people have unrealistic expectations of going out and making 6 figures in the first year.

35k is even unrealistic for MOST college graduates these days unless they have a computer science or biology or chemistry degree.

DKlent

• Getbig III
Getting a job is mostly about looking professional, being sharp, having charisma, persistence, team player attitude, initiative to learn and good work ethic.

Get all that stuff on point, and its more important than a degree.

Also networking is key, talk to lots of people and kiss ass to people who can hook you up with good jobs.

It's all about how you present yourself, who you know, and how you play your cards.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong...

Getting a job today is about KNOWING THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

More than anything.

:-\

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
The guys talking about selling pizza from his apartment so yeah, for him, that's good money, for you or I, not so much..

For a guy in his position, yes.

You don't think so?

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is a success living up to what antiquated systems an standards really a successful life, do you gauge your success as a human on the value of a piece of paper made out of thin air to enslave humanity, being successful isn't about a material illusion if your a human and have never intentionally or maliciously set out to harm another for monetary gain or to get somewhere, and just doin people bad and all types of bad shit, then I would say that's a success

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Is a success living up to what antiquated systems an standards really a successful life, do you gauge your success as a human on the value of a piece of paper made out of thin air to enslave humanity, being successful isn't about a material illusion if your a human and have never intentionally or maliciously set out to harm another for monetary gain or to get somewhere, and just doin people bad and all types of bad shit, then I would say that's a success

Indeed, people should learn something from you and measure success by how close they can get to looking like Krang's robot.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Bro these people aren't necessarily better than you, smarter, or more talented, all it is they have became part of systematic circles which allow them to have what they do materialistically, many of these people have performed acts which go against a moral mans code, the huge line of homosexual acts to gain promotion in the corporate world is a ritual that is going on and many don't realize it, most politicians and other industry upper eschelon circles are nothing but pipelines for disposable humans and shit that goes on a moral man would never do, it's real easy to become a sickle fance ass kissing schmoe to gain access to these socialite and money driven circles and industries, but it's more of a challenge for a person of high morale because the moral person wouldn't even entertain or do some of the things these people do to get where they are, once you've studied the illuminati you see the connection to so called successful people and the person who is an authentic good person, once you realize this schmoe network of bullshit you sleep better knowing your a good person and could never destroy a persons life with lies bribes back stabbing and acts that are not good, who's going to get promoted at the local engineering firm, the guy who takes orders and is willing to tell any lie a superior orders him to carry out, or the good guy who refuses to entertain any bullcrap, the little schmoe who lies and does what he's ordered to do, on the big picture and big scheme of things someone who is so called successful didn't get there in a honest way, many of these people have had to lie and do many things they would never share with someone bc the shame and shock that it would bring is unspeakable, if a hundred dollar bill is only worth the paper it's printed on, that makes that tea notes actual worth at about 4 cents, since its not backed by gold, so why choose to revel in the false and made up systematic world of material illusion, many of these schmoes your speaking of are the most ignorant and asleep people alive, who's going to be more powerful a man who thinks and has knowledge and is awake, or the schmoe bendin over the desk and being drunk on his cell phone computer and all the other technological trendy forms of distraction designed to destroy the human and the family unit, the man who thinks all day and who doesn't bu into the illusion, will be more powerful than the man who drinks all day getting drunk on materialistic illusory systematic forms of slavery.
This paragraph is almost as blocky as your physique.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
For a guy in his position, yes.

You don't think so?

I think $40 an hour would be great for a guy thinking about selling chocolate milk powder as protein powder. $40 an hour for me is where I was a few years ago