Author Topic: Who goes where?  (Read 7939 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Who goes where?
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
It's not that old. This is what a gym looks like with no machines. (ok, I have 2).
Just messing with your mind dude, I like the hardcore gyms barbells and dumbells they built a bunch of nice physiques you looked pretty decent yourself once.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 09:52:46 AM »
hilarious retort

15 posts, 2 stars

phucking gimmick

Cute!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 12:52:46 PM »
hilarious retort

15 posts, 2 stars

phucking gimmick

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59:35 PM »

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
Fuck "hardcore" gyms. Run down pieces of shit, and the clientele is a bunch of know it all dickheads who want to critique your squat form, but look like nothing themselves..  give me brand new equipment, that is frequently updated, AC, swimming pools, lots of members, good energy, etc....i thought training in my garage with three dudes, with metal blasting in the background was cool when i was 15.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »
Lmao! To know "Glendale" you must be an LA resident.

Just messing with your mind dude

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
  I live in Franklin Hills. My Gym is just down the street in Silver Lake. Both are five minutes from Glendale.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »
  I live in Franklin Hills. My Gym is just down the street in Silver Lake. Both are five minutes from Glendale.
Some nice whores around that area.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
  A LOT of gays. A great place to live though. They know I am straight, so they leave me alone.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
Fuck "hardcore" gyms. Run down pieces of shit, and the clientele is a bunch of know it all dickheads who want to critique your squat form, but look like nothing themselves..  give me brand new equipment, that is frequently updated, AC, swimming pools, lots of members, good energy, etc....i thought training in my garage with three dudes, with metal blasting in the background was cool when i was 15.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »

Aside from being,pink, I see plenty of weights and machines, looks like a perfectly well equipped,vym. I'm sure your rusty piece of shit benches and weights,magically grow more muscle than a brand new ones  ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
Aside from being,pink, I see plenty of weights and machines, looks like a perfectly well equipped,vym. I'm sure your rusty piece of shit benches and weights,magically grow more muscle than a brand new ones  ::)
Damn I can't even look at that pink girl crap without sunglasses. Just get the York barbells and lift what's difficult about that?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »

If that's what you're into then fine. We are not a bodybuilding-type gym nor do we advertise it as such. However, it's no secret that barbells and dumbbells build a thicker and more powerful looking physique. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
Shitty benches, but its the only one in town with a decent squat rack and good set of dumbbells.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
great, another gimmick with all numbers in his screen name ::)

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »
If that's what you're into then fine. We are not a bodybuilding-type gym nor do we advertise it as such. However, it's no secret that barbells and dumbbells build a thicker and more powerful looking physique. 

The exact broscience thinking i like to avoid at hardcore gyms. Dorian Yates is probably the densest human being of all time and he used machines liberally. His choice of gym atmosphere is irrelevant. Genetics and drugs build thick powerful physiques. A gym is a gym, weight is weight. I prefer a nicer atmosphere for my money, not pissing in a bucket in the janitor closet of a converted warehouse.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
The exact broscience thinking i like to avoid at hardcore gyms. Dorian Yates is probably the densest human being of all time and he used machines liberally. His choice of gym atmosphere is irrelevant. Genetics and drugs build thick powerful physiques. A gym is a gym, weight is weight. I prefer a nicer atmosphere for my money, not pissing in a bucket in the janitor closet of a converted warehouse.

I'm not going to sit here and get into a pissing match with you. But this statement is blatantly false. Fact is, using free weight as opposed to machines utilizes the recruitment of other motor units (muscle fibers) to move the load, this isn't so with machines that isolate where recruitment is limited. The more motor units recruited in one exercise, the thicker and stronger it gets. This is just proven fact not only by science but training as well. Powerlifters, strongman athletes, strength coaches and athletes know this which is they rarely train on machines.

If you want to go to a gym to be pampered, distracted by juice bars, TV's, shiny new machines, then by all means go. When I go to a gym, I don't want people coming up to me and disrupting me and I sure as hell don't want to be distracted. I'm there to train, not "workout".

As far as my gym, one of the best gyms in the world isn't much bigger than mine yet develops probably the strongest people in the world and looks like a shithole yet people seem to want to go there. With this foo foo attitude you have toward "hardcore" gyms, something tells me you wouldn't make it past the front desk at Metroflex (Arlington).  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
BTW, have you seen Dorians gym? Not exactly Equinox. It's a real gym.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
I'm not going to sit here and get into a pissing match with you. But this statement is blatantly false. Fact is, using free weight as opposed to machines utilizes the recruitment of other motor units (muscle fibers) to move the load, this isn't so with machines that isolate where recruitment is limited. The more motor units recruited in one exercise, the thicker and stronger it gets. This is just proven fact not only by science but training as well. Powerlifters, strongman athletes, strength coaches and athletes know this which is they rarely train on machines.

If you want to go to a gym to be pampered, distracted by juice bars, TV's, shiny new machines, then by all means go. When I go to a gym, I don't want people coming up to me and disrupting me and I sure as hell don't want to be distracted. I'm there to train, not "workout".

As far as my gym, one of the best gyms in the world isn't much bigger than mine yet develops probably the strongest people in the world and looks like a shithole yet people seem to want to go there. With this foo foo attitude you have toward "hardcore" gyms, something tells me you wouldn't make it past the front desk at Metroflex (Arlington).  

You're right, because i wouldnt walk through the front door of that shithole . I have been to plenty of hardcore gyms, a bunch of fat guys lifting weights that are too heavy for them.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
You're right, because i wouldnt walk through the front door of that shithole . I have been to plenty of hardcore gyms, a bunch of fat guys lifting weights that are too heavy for them.

k

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 12:12:35 AM »
great, another gimmick with all numbers in his screen name ::)

I'm a girl retard...an no gimmick.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 12:17:07 AM »
Lmao! To know "Glendale" you must be an LA resident.

Just messin' with your mind dude

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 12:36:16 AM »

Place is so disgusting I wouldn't feel safe taking a dump there.
P

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 12:48:41 AM »
Garden shed.