Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 23, 2014, 01:05:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: which wrestling trainer produced the best crop of grapplers?  (Read 2793 times)
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 06:32:17 PM »

who did stu train,you are kidding right,all his kids,bret,owenetc. jim nieinhartd,chris benoit,the british bulldogs,chris Jericho,the list is endless.

You may be surprised to learn that Stu did far less of the actual training than many people think.

Davey & Dynamite were both trained by Ted Betley in Lancashire before even coming to North America.

Benoit learned the basics in the "Dungeon," but earned his wrestling PhD while working in Japan.

Lance Storm & Chris Jericho were trained together by the Hart brothers. And again, both guys merely picked up the basics in Calgary while expanding their repertoire in promotions abroad.

As for the Hart boys, Hito and the Cuban Assassin conducted most of the lessons when Bret & his siblings were learning the ropes. Bret discusses that time at length in his (very lengthy) book.

You seldom hear any Dungeon graduates mention training with Stu. It sounds like he left the operation of his "school" and Stampede promotion largely in the hands of others. I get the impression that he sat in on some of the training sessions, but was nowhere near as actively involved as the public perception.

From what I've learned and observed over the years, the Harts are a lot of "talk."
Report to moderator   Logged
yates fan
Getbig III

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »

I guess that is actually true,that stu wasn't as much hands on,i read brets book,actually enjoyed it.but regardless it was still stus dungeon,just not necessarily his training.
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »

I guess that is actually true,that stu wasn't as much hands on,i read brets book,actually enjoyed it.but regardless it was still stus dungeon,just not necessarily his training.

I enjoyed Bret's book, too, primarily because it covers many of my favorite times in wrestling. If you're interested, a good companion to that book is "Pure Dynamite" by The Dynamite Kid Tom Billington.
yates fan
Getbig III

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2013, 08:18:12 AM »

I will have to find that book,i didn't know dynamite wrote a book,bret talks a lot about dynamite in his book,according to bret dynamite is the first guy to introduce him to anabolics.
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »

I will have to find that book,i didn't know dynamite wrote a book,bret talks a lot about dynamite in his book,according to bret dynamite is the first guy to introduce him to anabolics.

Dynamite was the first to do a lot of things, and I was always a huge mark for him. He recently sat down for a lengthy shoot project with Highspots.com. It's on my list!

You may also be interested in this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=290326.msg4120145#msg4120145
Karl Kox
Getbig V

There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 06:26:45 AM »

Lance Storm has been turning out some good ring hands at his Calgary school.

If I was a young guy trying to break in, thats where I would go.
Montague
Getbig V

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »

If I was a young guy trying to break in, thats where I would go.

Always a fantastic worker, and his articles indicate he's got a terrific mind for the business.

He's also very well connected, which bodes well for his students finding work connections. He even left the Fed on excellent terms, too!
Playboy
Getbig V

If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »

Without a doubt Stu Hart. Hiro Matsuda as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!