Author Topic: how did sergey nubret train, he seemed like an interesting figure  (Read 29255 times)

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
Re: how did sergey nubret train, he seemed like an interesting figure
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »
His arms were good, his back was decent (had great traps too) and his, they were about the standard for back then. Everybody had "undersized" legs back then.

Points taken. 

I'm still not blown away by his arms.  They DID look enormous hanging by his side, but didn't have the height and "pop" in a front double-biceps that many 70s dudes had (Arnold, Sergio, Bill Grant, Kal Szkalak, etc., etc.). 

And I certainly don't contend that guys in that decade usually had great wheels, but there were a good many bodybuilders with decent thigh development.  Arnold at his peak had good legs -- well, quads and calves.  Sergio had some wheels on him.  Mentzer, Casey, Roy Callendar and Ken Waller, too.

Perhaps I overstated my case, but I never said I looked better or that his training was worthless.  Nonetheless, my points stand.  If his delts and arms were 7 or 8 out of 10, his pecs and abs were 10/10.  Just as I said, that = lack of balance.  Why a seemingly reasonable chap, like Galeniko, with whom I've always been decent and complimentary, finds that so objectionable ... ?  :-\

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
 8)
$

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »
Yes serge nubret first off was a parabolin junkie and did very high volume of reps with perfect slow form. he lived in the perfect spot to get that negma parabolin in France. Serge Nubret used to come to the states and supply the top pros with negma parabolin..
^^
I heard of this too, in the OLD Musclemag issues!!! He supposedly came regularly to Southern California, made lots of $$ but that STUFF was literally G O L D...

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
AMAZING dude...

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
and what does that say about the current tren thats around there and every other gymrat uses more alleged mgs than the pros back then,yet nobody looks like serge?

^^
They say most is UGL and under-dosed, sadly.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
8)

God damn it!

Posting pics like that is killing my argument.  Shhhh! :)

How about this:  can we agree that Serge is a lot like Mishko in that...

*both men look outstanding relaxed, with great abs and pecs (and in Milos' case, add quad size and sweep to the mix)

*both have a few outstanding poses.  Miskho's front lat spread was very, very good.  Both men had great side-chests.  And pretty much any way they chose to show off their abs was impressive.

*those factors, particularly just looking good standing there, have a kind of "wow" factor that makes most people overlook their weaknesses; e.g., Milos' thin back, or how Serge's arms don't look as overwhelming in a front biceps pose than they do hanging at his sides.

Maybe Serge is one of the greatest ever.  I don't put him in my own top 20, but BBing is subjective; some of us value certain criteria over others.  But Galeniko, my point -- more or less, anyway -- is that, aesthetically-pleasing and (maybe ironically) as strong-looking as Serge was, technically speaking, he was unbalanced.  Otherwise, we'd be crowing about his legs, lats and such as much as we talk about how good his pecs or midsection were.

Does that make more sense?

jwb

• Getbig V

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
Serge did 6 sets of 12 on most exercises and usually more. He took about 30 to 60 seconds rest between sets. He posted a lot of Ironage and answered just about every question about his training. He said he was capable of benching 450 but used around 185 to 225 when training. He said more than once he never built his size with low reps. Horse meat is very low in fat and I guess pretty easy to get in France or used to be. He also ate beans and rice. He ate once a day and during his training he munched on some simple sugars when he felt like he needed them.
pretty much what i heard.
F

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2013, 01:57:30 PM »
God damn it!

Posting pics like that is killing my argument.  Shhhh! :)

How about this:  can we agree that Serge is a lot like Mishko in that...

*both men look outstanding relaxed, with great abs and pecs (and in Milos' case, add quad size and sweep to the mix)

*both have a few outstanding poses.  Miskho's front lat spread was very, very good.  Both men had great side-chests.  And pretty much any way they chose to show off their abs was impressive.

*those factors, particularly just looking good standing there, have a kind of "wow" factor that makes most people overlook their weaknesses; e.g., Milos' thin back, or how Serge's arms don't look as overwhelming in a front biceps pose than they do hanging at his sides.

Maybe Serge is one of the greatest ever.  I don't put him in my own top 20, but BBing is subjective; some of us value certain criteria over others.  But Galeniko, my point -- more or less, anyway -- is that, aesthetically-pleasing and (maybe ironically) as strong-looking as Serge was, technically speaking, he was unbalanced.  Otherwise, we'd be crowing about his legs, lats and such as much as we talk about how good his pecs or midsection were.

Does that make more sense?

I think your points are valid. Nubret was an elite professional and looked phenomenal in a lot of poses. But he faded when he put his arms away from his body; especially when compared to Arnold and Sergio (his main competition, and both of whom exploded in those kinds of poses).

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »
i would never eat a horse

i am not that disrespectrful

it's worse than eating human meat

Come to Australia, I'll take U wild horse hunting , useless pests here.Meat is very tasty  ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »
and what does that say about the current tren thats around there and every other gymrat uses more alleged mgs than the pros back then,yet nobody looks like serge?

Yes, his posing at UBBA Mr.Australia in Sydney was superb.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2013, 02:59:04 PM »
I think your points are valid. Nubret was an elite professional and looked phenomenal in a lot of poses. But he faded when he put his arms away from his body; especially when compared to Arnold and Sergio (his main competition, and both of whom exploded in those kinds of poses).

High praise from the greatest Übermensch himself :)  Thank you, Kahn.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2013, 03:09:45 PM »
Yes, his posing at UBBA Mr.Australia in Sydney was superb.

people dont know how to train or are just too lazy and fake to put in effort.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »
High praise from the greatest Übermensch himself :)  Thank you, Kahn.

Haha! You're no slouch, either, DCM!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2013, 02:29:59 AM »
people dont know how to train or are just too lazy and fake to put in effort.

Yes, mostly lazy I would just say Mr.Nubret was phenomenal physique .

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2013, 02:50:02 AM »
I'm going to try Mr.Ebony's high volume, 2hr marathon type training. Will give it a good 3months with gear and see what results i get.

Lately i haven't been breaking a serious sweat till maybe 40min in the workout.

Marine

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2013, 03:28:51 AM »
I'm going to try Mr.Ebony's high volume, 2hr marathon type training. Will give it a good 3months with gear and see what results i get.

Lately i haven't been breaking a serious sweat till maybe 40min in the workout.

ENJOY WAISTING YOUR TIME

TO GET A PUMP

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2013, 03:30:41 AM »
ENJOY WAISTING YOUR TIME

TO GET A PUMP

I'll pump your mom full of bloody semen, punk.

Marine

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:22 AM »

omg u are so bad at this

just so bad

enjoy pumping

faggit

whitewidow

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2013, 05:13:41 AM »
Surge Nubret had a killer waistline and had veins shooting through his midsection. Surges midsection was way better then arnolds. Serge might of ndone some heavy training but when it got close to competition surge did so many sets it would make most people puke. Surge used very modest weight and just used very strict form for numerous reps and did numerous sets, like I said enough to make most people puke. If you watched the guy train you might puke just watching him do all those reps.Did it pay off? well he did not make very much bodybuilding but he did make some films and et to do some sexy scened and he got payed. he also sold alot of steroids so he did not do to bad for himself. You also have to realize not just training built that physique he got alot of help from that negma parabolin and other steroids. he used deca,Test,alot of negma parabolin wich was super potent back then plus he stuck a good diet. Surge never had a chance to be Mr.O but he accomplished alot with or without a sandow

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2013, 12:55:26 PM »

kool but wtf lol..  ???

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
powerlifted 2 years ago

Yep, its true, for the most part, surge and i use to do situps for hours non stop, he did 1600 of them one time and made his ass raw from it, he dieted very hard, was always hungry, we use to use izameride, a really clean meth, thyroid, and about 3 different anabolics, triacana, some of his stories about what he used and the amounts he used them in freaked me out, and i told him wow its a wonder youre alive, he just giggled, he was very committed and serious

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »
powerlifted 2 years ago

Yep, its true, for the most part, surge and i use to do situps for hours non stop, he did 1600 of them one time and made his ass raw from it, he dieted very hard, was always hungry, we use to use izameride, a really clean meth, thyroid, and about 3 different anabolics, triacana, some of his stories about what he used and the amounts he used them in freaked me out, and i told him wow its a wonder youre alive, he just giggled, he was very committed and serious

Where's that from?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »
I tried high volume light weight training once.

I got small like fuck.

I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. I am powerlifter so I always do every rep with good ROM and technique. When I get stronger I get bigger at the same time. No matter the diet, gear, light weights never did anything to me. I don't have to train my triceps to make it grow. When my bench increases triceps and chest grows accordingly.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
I tried high volume light weight training once.

I got small like fuck.

I was at my biggest doing higher reps. Legs 20 or more upper round 12 to 15.