Author Topic: BB Meals for less than £1/$1.50? Check out BigCyp's Frugal Fitness Part One!  (Read 29729 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
cyp

im mod of the y now

can you start a blog on there or bring back the big cyp files

that was some funny shit

Yes bigmc, my thread demanding your modship was not in vain haha

I'll try to get in there at least once a day, when I get time bro

The BigCyp files lol, shit I don't even remember those hahaha I bet it was some classic stuff  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Up next; Frugal Keto:

8. Jalapeno Beef & Pork Stuffed Peppers with Baked Egg...50g Protein/under 10g carbs - £0.99/$1.50!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
8. Jalapeño Beef & Pork Stuffed Peppers with Baked Egg – £0.99/$1.50
(51g protein, 9g carbs, 25g fat, 474 kcals)

What you’ll need: 200g ground beef & pork (mince), 2 eggs, 1 large bell pepper, ½ onion, 1 clove garlic, ¼ cup pickled jalapeno pepper slices, 2 teaspoons paprika powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, heaped teaspoon of dried mixed herbs, salt & pepper.

This fiery recipe is for those who requested low carb/keto options (trust me it’s pretty hard to not bulk up a meal with cheap carb sources on less than a dollar fifty!)

Obvious Keto choices are tuna/egg salad with dressing etc, however; 1. That’s no recipe! 2. Salads/cold foods get very boring after a while - especially when you fancy something hot for lunch.

1. Halve the bell pepper (length ways) & remove all seeds/inner membranes. Break the eggs into a cup & add half the jalapeño slices, stirring the mixture a couple of times to break the yolk (don't overdo it as you'll want a nice marbled finish when cooked). Pour the mixture in each pepper half.

2. Heat the oven to 180 degrees (c) /350 degrees (f) and place the pepper halves on a baking tray (even directly onto the shelf is fine). Bake until the egg is cooked through/peppers begin to soften. Once cooked, remove from the oven and keep to one side for your topping.

3. While the pepper halves are baking, chop the onion & garlic as fine as you can get them, then heat a small drop of oil in a large pan on medium heat and add just the ground meat. Fry the meat, continuously stirring/folding it until most of the fat has cooked out (try to break down the meat as finely as possible) then drain the liquid fat from the pan.

4. Add the onions & garlic and stir the mixture occasionally until the onions soften. (Don't forget to check the peppers!)

5. Once the meat’s cooked turn the heat down low & add the paprika, cumin, jalapeno slices and dried herbs, with a small amount of water. You don’t want the mixture to be too wet; this is just to prevent it from burning. Simmer on a low heat for further 5-10 minutes, or until the peppers are baked. You’ll want to taste the mixture at this point to add however much salt/black pepper you prefer.

6. Once the peppers are baked, spoon the mixture to fill the remaining space in the halves (there should be plenty of meat – I usually let it run over the sides onto my plate!) & heat on a tray for another 5 minutes before serving.

If you fancy - sprinkle some cheese on top before the extra 5 minutes in the oven, or just before serving to make it even tastier.

The baked egg and jalapeno underneath the topping makes a nice change from the regular stuffed peppers I’ve seen elsewhere, plus the added egg increases the overall protein a little. BigCyp approved!

(Generic photo)

(Eggs: 15 for £1.35 Aldi, Beef & Pork Mince (frozen) 1kg for £3.00 Sainsbury’s, Bell Peppers 4 per bag £0.69 Aldi, Onions 1kg £0.63 Tesco, Paprika 100g for £0.49 (most Asian food stores), Cumin 100g £0.49 (most Asian food stores), Garlic 3 cloves £0.49, Jalapeno Slices 500g jar for £0.99 Londis.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
i support this thread

frugal bb meals, the corner stone of any responsible bber's diet

BigCyp

• Getbig V
i support this thread

frugal bb meals, the corner stone of any responsible bber's diet

Haha yes anabolichalo, glad you like it.

Speaking of frugality - just got back from Aldi and notice the eggs aren't in fact £1.79 for 15 (which is cheap) in fact they're £1.35 for 15!!!  :o Just amending the pricing on the recipes now.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Haha yes anabolichalo, glad you like it.

Speaking of frugality - just got back from Aldi and notice the eggs aren't in fact £1.79 for 15 (which is cheap) in fact they're £1.35 for 15!!!  :o Just amending the pricing on the recipes now.
i noticed the cheapest bread in aldi is 3 euro cents more than in any other major supermarket

72 cents instead of 69 euro cents

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Fantastic thread keep up the good work!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Fantastic thread keep up the good work!

Thanks H, will try to get at least one a day on here.

Up next: Tuna & Horesradish Burgers, plus another cheap protein shake...

booty

• Getbig V
Coming soon: Budget recipe number 6 - 'Stuffed Chicken Breast with Streaky Bacon, Cottage Cheese,Spinach..& Rice'

......99p/$1.50 per portion     :o
Sounds amazing but I will leave out the bacon since I don't eat it.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Nothing beats bacon and eggs!!!!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Nothing beats bacon and eggs!!!!

x2!!!!  ;D

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
Great thread mate. Kids have killed my 7 fillet steaks a week habit. Aldi is the business when it comes to a budget.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Great thread mate. Kids have killed my 7 fillet steaks a week habit. Aldi is the business when it comes to a budget.

Thanks donny - I know how you feel mate, every pound helps these days lol!

Aldi are right on the money with their model at the moment, especially with general food prices against inflation and wages that aren't going up much either.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
The Big One (Johnny Falcon Shake) - £0.99 / $1.48

(55g protein, 58g carbs, 20g fat - 675 kcals)

What you'll need: 4 eggs (2 whites, 2 whole) (Don’t throw the yolks in the bin!) 5 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder, 400ml skimmed/non fat milk, 1 frozen banana, ¼ cup plain low fat cottage cheese, tablespoon of peanut butter, splenda/stevia to taste (should be sweet enough).

I named this shake in honor of 'that daddywaddy photo'  ;D Another decent tasting shake, and at almost 700kcal you could even use as a meal replacement.

55g of protein for 99p is not bad considering you don’t need to add any fart powders to these recipes. I’d love to make a recipe with less carbs per serving, however it’s nigh on impossible without using whey in the mixture (casein usually brings it’s carby friend ‘Galactose’ along for the ride!)

(Generic photo)

Eggs - 9p each (£1.35 for 15 Aldi) Skim milk powder - 10p (£1.40 for 400g Tesco) Skimmed milk - 20p (99p for 2 litres Aldi) Plain Cottage Cheese – 15p (£0.65 per tub Aldi) PB – 5p (£0.62 for 320g Sainsbury’s), Banana – 10p (£0.79 for 8 Aldi)

cephissus

• Getbig V
just made the stuffed peppers

forgot the garlic and onion, oh well tho...

p tasty!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
just made the stuffed peppers

forgot the garlic and onion, oh well tho...

p tasty!

Haha definitely better with those added but glad you liked them bro. Couple more recipes going on today!

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
These are excellent, definitely going to try a few out.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I just finished my breakfast,

- 1.5 cups of oats
- 2 scoops of protein
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- some cinnamon
- water

Don't ask me for it's price, but I'm sure it's below $1.50

BigCyp

• Getbig V
8. Tuna & Horseradish Patties – 3 for £0.84/$1.27
(35g protein, 17g carbs, 3.5g fat, 400 kcals)

What you’ll need: 185g/1 tin tuna flakes, 2 eggs, ¼ cup rolled oats, large tablespoon of horseradish sauce, ½ onion, 1 clove garlic, ½ juice of a lemon, pinch of dried mixed herbs, salt & pepper.

Another 5 minute recipe that would make a tasty low carb & low fat snack. Add rice/sweet potato on the side to make this a complete meal.

Over the years, I’ve not found many ways to make a cheap of tuna something to look forward, but this is definitely one of them! The horseradish makes a nice change.

1. Drain the tuna and try to get the flakes as dry as possible. Dice half an onion as fine as you can get it, along with the garlic and add all 3 ingredients into a bowl.

2. Add all of the remaining ingredients and fold/whisk it all together until you get a semi-wet 'omelet mixture'. Heat a regular frying pan with a drop of oil (you don't want the pan too hot) and simply spoon the mixture to form 3 patties in the pan.

3. A few minutes on each side will do, as only the onion and egg need to cook through - be careful they don't stick.

Add spinach, or any small leaf to the mixture for extra goodness & fiber, or serve with rice for a complete meal that's still under $1.50/£1.

(Generic photo)

(Tuna: £0.49 Asda, Eggs: 15 for £1.35 Aldi, Onions 1kg £0.63 Tesco, Garlic 3 cloves £0.49 Tesco, Horseradish £0.51 per jar Sainsbury’s, dried mixed herbs £0.19 per pot Asda)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
i often drink 4 whole eggs in the morning and eat some corn flakes

corn flakes is not that cheap in the big picture, but if you take a cheap private label it's manageable even for stingy people

BigCyp

• Getbig V

corn flakes is not that cheap in the big picture, but if you take a cheap private label it's manageable even for stingy people

If that works man, good stuff. You'll definitely save money for more important things eating that way.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

Replace those crappy flakes with oatmeal. Flakes are for spoiled kids.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
If that works man, good stuff. You'll definitely save money for more important things eating that way.

sure it's decent amount of protein, the 4 eggs plus a bunch of milk

i dont know but easily 20-30 grams from animal source alone

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Replace those crappy flakes with oatmeal. Flakes are for spoiled kids.
i used to for years but oats taste like SHIT

and make your bowels unpredictable

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
i used to for years but oats taste like SHIT

and make your bowels unpredictable

Like shit compared with kid's-food? It's prob the milk that screws your digestion, not the oats. Simply avoid foods with glucose and dairy.