Author Topic: BB Meals for less than £1/$1.50? Check out BigCyp's Frugal Fitness Part One!  (Read 29797 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
2 double cheeseburgers from Burger King will get you about 44 grams of protein at 3 dollars.  Plus its easy and tastes awesome. 

Sounds delicious.

You wouldn't be able to reach over 150g protein per day (on a $5 budget) on BK doubles, but again - they are very tasty, convenient and make life better  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Decent ideas mate, as a poor student I'll defo make use...

Got anything low/no carb?

Great, I was hoping some students would be tuning in lol.

I'm on less than 100g of carbs a day myself at the moment, so of course i'll load some zero/low carb cheap meals as soon as I get round to it!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Sounds delicious.

You wouldn't be able to reach over 150g protein per day (on a $5 budget) on BK doubles, but again - they are very tasty, convenient and make life better  ;D
Don`t really need to reach that amount anyways though.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Don`t really need to reach that amount anyways though.

X 2.

But if someone is eating less carbs for whatever reason, and needs x amount of calories, it's better in my opinion to source those calories from mainly protein, as it suits dietary needs when breaking down/repairing muscle fibres better than a high fat diet.

bigmc

• Getbig V
X 2.

But if someone is eating less carbs for whatever reason, and needs x amount of calories, it's better in my opinion to source those calories from mainly protein, as it suits dietary needs when breaking down/repairing muscle fibres better than a high fat diet.

this

with some healthy fats thrown in
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
this

with some healthy fats thrown in

Funnily enough, i've never structured a diet with protein as the main consideration. I'll start with a base figure for grams of carbohydrates i'll be eating for x weeks, and whatever Kcals are left after carbs are deducted i'll divvy up into protein & 'healthy fats' (where possible).

It's ironic that protein wasn't the main consideration in any diet, but always comes out as the main ingredient in every meal.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Funnily enough, i've never structured a diet with protein as the main consideration. I'll start with a base figure for grams of carbohydrates i'll be eating for x weeks, and whatever Kcals are left after carbs are deducted i'll divvy up into protein & 'healthy fats' (where possible).

It's ironic that protein wasn't the main consideration in any diet, but always comes out as the main ingredient in every meal.
I structure my diet based on taste and nothing else.  8)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Coming soon: Budget recipe number 6 - 'Stuffed Chicken Breast with Streaky Bacon, Cottage Cheese,Spinach..& Rice'

......99p/$1.50 per portion     :o

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Coming soon: Budget recipe number 6 - 'Stuffed Chicken Breast with Streaky Bacon, Cottage Cheese,Spinach..& Rice'

......99p/$1.50 per portion     :o

Bacon? That's crap!

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
Good stuff cyp.

A liitle high in carbs/fats for my diet needs, I'm from the Gal/OTH school of eating...... but those are solid meals for next to nothing.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Good stuff cyp.

A liitle high in carbs/fats for my diet needs, I'm from the Gal/OTH school of eating...... but those are solid meals for next to nothing.

Thanks man, there's many more to come. I've had requests for some low carb and even keto options, which no doubt will be harder to stay under budget but i'll get a few on here as soon as.

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
BigCyp i will take off the bacon and i will try it with the cottage and the spinach.

I have eaten a similar recipe at a local restaurant in Chania.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
6. Cottage Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts wrapped in Streaky Bacon with Rice - £0.99/$1.50 per portion!

(37g Protein, 34g Carbs, 17g Fat, 600 kcals)
(Broccolli instead of rice: 34g Protein, 6g Carbs, 16g Fat, 450 Kcals)

What you'll need: 2,4, or 6 chicken breasts (depending on how many meals you're preparing) Low fat cottage cheese, frozen spinach Pack of streaky bacon, rice, dash of olive oil. (Low carb option: for the same price, replace the rice with half a plate of cooked frozen broccoli).

Once you take a bite of this, you won't believe it cost less than one pound to put together.

1.  Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, take the chicken breasts and cut 3/4 of the way through. Put to one side and defrost a bunch of the spinach in a small cup of water.

2. Mix the cottage cheese with a pinch of black pepper and the drained spinach, and spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture in each breast.

3. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon tightly around each breast and drizzle with olive oil before placing in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.

4. Put 250g of rice in a pan and wash in warm water until the water runs clear. Drain the water and add boiled water so that the water level is about 2cm above the rice level. Cover and simmer on very low heat until the rice is cooked throughout.

4. Check how the breasts are doing after 30 mins - you want the bacon to become somewhat crispy before serving.

Serving suggestion: Eat it slowly whilst watching Game of Thrones.

(Generic photo)

Chicken Breast (£3.99 for six/1kg Aldi), Cottage Cheese (£0.59 for 300g Tesco), Frozen Spinach (£1.00 per bag Tesco), Streaky Bacon (£1.04 for 300g Tesco)[/left]

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
is there an appropriate shitels tune for this thread ???

Henda

• Getbig V
The bacon wrapped chicken looks great.
And 3.99 for a kg of chicken breast is really good. Got to start going to aldi.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
The bacon wrapped chicken looks great.
And 3.99 for a kg of chicken breast is really good. Got to start going to aldi.

It taste's amazing for the price/effort that goes into it. You can leave the bacon, and it tastes just as good.

I can't recommend aldi enough mate, they've always had everything i've needed, whatever diet i'm doing and there prices are literally unbeatable.

cephissus

• Getbig V
:o

Wow, those are astronomical savings! Here in new York City, a dozen eggs go for $7.00.

I usually shop at the Food Emporium..

"1"

SEVEN dollars?  are you KIDDING ME?

is food emporium like whole foods' big brother or something, holy shit...

cephissus

• Getbig V
2c whole milk                       .25 (aldi)              (16f, 24c, 16p, 300kcal)
1 scoop protein powder       .68 (target)      (2f, 5c, 25p, 140 kcal)
1 banana (frozen)                .25 (target)      (0f, 27c, 1p, 100 kcal)
2 tbsp adams peanut butter     .52 (walmart)      (16f, 6c, 8p, 210 kcal)

totals:             $1.7                 (34f, 62c, 50p, 750kcal)

blend it all up, delicious shake

BigCyp

• Getbig V
2c whole milk                 .25 (aldi)        (16f, 24c, 16p, 300kcal)
1 scoop protein powder    .68 (target)(2f, 5c, 25p, 140 kcal)
1 banana (frozen)          .25 (target)(0f, 27c, 1p, 100 kcal)
2 tbsp adams peanut butter  .52 (walmart)(16f, 6c, 8p, 210 kcal)

totals:       $1.7        (34f, 62c, 50p, 750kcal)

blend it all up, delicious shake

Sounds good,  a scoop of protein for 25 cents is cheap also. What's the total protein content of that shake?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Sounds good,  a scoop of protein for 25 cents is cheap also. What's the total protein content of that shake?

;)
totals:             $1.7                 (34f, 62c, 50p, 750kcal)

BigCyp

• Getbig V

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Lol I thought that was 50p as in pence  ;D

You miser ;D

cephissus

• Getbig V
Good stuff cyp.

i'm curious, what are some typical meals you eat?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
7. Raisin & Cinnamon Protein Pancakes – 51p/78 cents
(30g protein, 35g carbs, 20g fat, 440 kcals)

What you’ll need: 4 whole eggs, ½ cup dry oats, handful raisins/sultanas, teaspoon of cinnamon or mixed spice

This is a tasty alternative to the banana pancake recipe, with the same nutritional profile and makes a great breakfast. The blended raisins bring a texture that I really like – enjoy! (If you need around 600kcals for breakfast, make enough for another pancake)

1. Throw everything in a blender and blitz until smooth.

2. Put a small pan on a low heat with a splash of oil/butter/low kcal spray, once the pan’s hot enough pour in around 1/3 of the mixture and give it a couple of minutes on each side until nicely browned. Sprinkle with splenda for extra sweetness, and tuck in knowing that Onemorerep made the same pancakes all the way over in NYC for $5 a plate!

Cut the yolks for a low fat/lower calories option, or reduce the oats to 1/4 cup to bring it down to around 26g if dieting with low carbs, (I would cut to 3 eggs if using so little oats to avoid an ‘omlettey’ texture)

(Generic photo)

(Eggs: 15 for £1.35 Aldi, Rolled Oats: 1kg for £0.60 Aldi, Raisins: 500g for £0.98p Sainsbury’s, Cinnamon 100g £0.49 (most Asian food stores)

bigmc

• Getbig V
cyp

im mod of the y now

can you start a blog on there or bring back the big cyp files

that was some funny shit
T