Author Topic: BB Meals for less than £1/$1.50? Check out BigCyp's Frugal Fitness Part One!  (Read 29470 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
11. Reeces Style Protein Ice Cream – 90p/$1.36
(42g protein, 17g carbs, 22g fat, 410 kcals)

What you’ll need: 1 tub (300g) low fat cottage cheese, 2 generous tablespoons peanut butter, 1 tablespoon sweetener, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/4 glass milk

This low fat/low sugar ice cream couldn't be any easier, and makes the ideal night time treat. For those who are not a fan of the taste of cottage cheese, as a protein source, you literally can't make it taste any better than this.

Note: Due to the low fat content, this ice cream becomes very solid if left to freeze too long. I usually check on it a couple of time and when it's solid enough I'll stuff it down right away. If you do freeze it overnight - just take it out for a while and leave to thaw before tucking in. You could add 1 tablespoon of vodka/rum to the mix before freezing, which will keep it soft.

1. Simply throw all of the above ingredients into a blender/small puree blender and blitz until smooth as you can get it.

2. Pour into small container and freeze for around 100-120 mins.

Should look something like this:

(Cottage Cheese: 300g for £0.65 Aldi, PB: £0.62 a jar Sainsbury's, Cocoa: £1.00 a box Asda, Sweetener: £1.00 per jar Aldi)

Coming up: Raspberry Ripple flavour....

no offense but what is some cottage cheese bulshit with one spoon of peanutbutter worth any actual fucks
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Why save on foods, why not save on something else, like heating and electricity before the foods of your choices for goodness sake,

priorities

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Why make this thread?

Easy. Try googling 'cheap bodybuilding recipes and look at the crap that somes up. Not every 'BB recipe' has to involve 3 scoops of expensive protein added to it. You don't have to eat Tilapia, Salmon, Sushi and Veal 5 times a day to get the nutrition youu need when training/dieting.

Tuna mixed with rice is not a recipe! It's a meal, yes, but it gets damn boring.

If you don't need ideas on how to eat cheaply, don't read the thread. It's been viewed 3000 times, so i'm sure many people have found it useful!

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
Keep them coming!!!
Thanx ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
no offense but what is some cottage cheese bulshit with one spoon of peanutbutter worth any actual fucks

Why save on foods, why not save on something else, like heating and electricity before the foods of your choices for goodness sake,

priorities

Please shut the fuck up.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
bigcyp why u no answer my messages?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
bigcyp why u no answer my messages?

Sorry bro, wasn't in the office yesterday - get the notifications through that email. Check your inbox in a couple hours.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Coming up shortly....

13. Big Mac style pasta!!!

14. Surf & Turf Burger (100g protein)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
13. Big Mac Pasta – 90p/$1.37
(42g protein, 55g carbs, 28g fat, 640 kcals)

What you’ll need: 150g ground beef, ½ small onion, 75g pasta, 2 slices burger cheese, ½ cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons mayo, 1 tablespoon French dressing, 1 teaspoon ketchup, ½ teaspoon vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt.

Sure, you can buy the real thing for about $3 in MacDonald’s, but where’s the fun in that? Plus, this pasta twist on the original sandwich is easy to put together, with nearly double the protein, and a 1/3 less fat for half the price!

1. Throw the pasta in a pan with boiling water and pinch of salt.

2. While the pasta’s cooking, fry up the ground beef in a pan with a drop of oil, breaking it down as much as you can. While the meat is simmering, chop up half an onion as small as you can get it (the tinier the better!).

3. Drain the excess fat from the cooked beef (rinse also if you prefer less fat) then return to the heat and add the chopped onion, stirring until the onion’s just about cooked.

4. By now your pasta should be cooked, so drain the excess water and leave to one side. Chop up around a cup of lettuce, nice thin strips just like the bistro chefs at Mcd’s. Also cut your 2 burger cheese slices into small squares.

5. To make the ‘Big Mac Sauce’ simple mix the mayo, French dressing, vinegar, ketchup and salt in a small cup and keep to one side also.

6. Chuck the cooked pasta in a bowl and stir in the ground beef. Throw the cheese squares in and give it a stir, then microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.

7. Sprinkle the lettuce on top, douse in your own homemade Big Mac Sauce, and enjoy!

Charles Ramsey Approved:

(Ground Beef: £3.00 for 1kg Asda, Cheese: 10 slices £1.00 Sainsbury’s, Pasta: £0.39 500g Sainsbury’s, Mayo £1.00 500g Sainsbury’s, French Dressing £0.89 250g Sainsbury’s, Onion 4p each Sainsbury’s, Lettuce £1 Sainsbury’s)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Excellent thread!

BigCyp

• Getbig V

deadpan

• Getbig IV
there's a site dedicated to cheap meals, here it is

not really bodybuilding per se but i'm sure you creative types could tweak the recipes

http://www.budgetbytes.com/

BigCyp

• Getbig V
there's a site dedicated to cheap meals, here it is

not really bodybuilding per se but i'm sure you creative types could tweak the recipes

http://www.budgetbytes.com/

Great find deadpan - my sister does something similar with her UK website!

What i've found with many 'budget recipes' online, (part of the inspiration for this thread actually) is that the protein content is very low, to keep the prices down. Also, if you're not training, you probably wouldn't consider this, hence why i've been trying to keep the content at/around 50g per serving - without powders!!!

deadpan

• Getbig IV
Great find deadpan - my sister does something similar with her UK website!

What i've found with many 'budget recipes' online, (part of the inspiration for this thread actually) is that the protein content is very low, to keep the prices down. Also, if you're not training, you probably wouldn't consider this, hence why i've been trying to keep the content at/around 50g per serving - without powders!!!

yup. but you can find relatively cheap sources of protein if you look around and get bogos and stuff like that. some of my favorites are chicken breasts (frozen or fresh), ground turkey and eggs. eggs especially, can get like 18 of them for 2-3 dollars, somewhere around 120 grams of total protein, hard to beat. and you can usually just add those to most recipes without really messing it up.

Please shut the fuck up.

i second this

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
It is indeed!

BTW, Big Ron should invite Charles Ramsey and give him 5 purple stars right away, dude is a legend!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
BTW, Big Ron should invite Charles Ramsey and give him 5 purple stars right away, dude is a legend!

Yes he instantly became a legend after what he did, and especially the hilarious interview afterwards  ;D

The man now has free burgers in any joint in the town! If that were me, i'd plan my 3 meals a day on a map haha