Author Topic: Integrity  (Read 36868 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Integrity
« on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
Does the president have it?

Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’
Posted by Glenn Kessler at 06:00 AM ET, 05/14/2013
TheWashingtonPost
(JONATHAN ERNST/REUTERS)

“The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism.”

— President Obama, remarks at a news conference, May 13, 2013

Once again, it appears that we must parse a few presidential words. We went through this question at length during the 2012 election, but perhaps a refresher course is in order.

Notably, during a debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, President Obama said that he immediately told the American people that the killing of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya “was an act of terror.” But now he says he called it “an act of terrorism.”

Some readers may object to this continuing focus on words, but presidential aides spend a lot of time on words. Words have consequences. Is there a difference between “act of terror” and “act of terrorism”?

The Facts

Immediately after the attack, the president three times used the phrase “act of terror” in public statements:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”

— Obama, Rose Garden, Sept. 12

“We want to send a message all around the world — anybody who would do us harm: No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America.”

— Obama, campaign event in Las Vegas, Sept. 13

“I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America.”

— Obama, campaign event in Golden, Colo., Sept. 13

Here’s how we assessed those words back in October:

Note that in all three cases, the language is not as strong as Obama asserted in the debate. Obama declared that he said “that this was an act of terror.” But actually the president spoke in vague terms, usually wrapped in a patriotic fervor. One could presume he was speaking of the incident in Libya, but he did not affirmatively state that the American ambassador died because of an “act of terror.”
Some readers may think we are dancing on the head of pin here. The Fact Checker spent nine years as diplomatic correspondent for The Washington Post, and such nuances of phrasing are often very important. A president does not simply utter virtually the same phrase three times in two days about a major international incident without careful thought about the implications of each word.

The Fact Checker noted last week that this was an attack on what essentially was a secret CIA operation, which included rounding up weapons from the very people who may have attacked the facility.

Perhaps Obama, in his mind, thought this then was really “an act of war,” not a traditional terrorist attack, but he had not wanted to say that publicly. Or perhaps, as Republicans suggest, he did not want to spoil his campaign theme that terror groups such as al-Qaeda were on the run by conceding a terrorist attack had occurred on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Whatever the reason, when given repeated opportunities to forthrightly declare this was an “act of terrorism,” the president ducked the question.

For instance, on Sept. 12, immediately after the Rose Garden statement the day after the attack, Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes and acknowledged he purposely avoided the using the word “terrorism:”

KROFT: “Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word ‘terrorism’ in connection with the Libya attack.”
OBAMA: “Right.”
KROFT: “Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?”
OBAMA: “Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans. And we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice, one way or the other.”

(You can view this segment of the interview below. A key question is what the president meant when he said “right.” Was this agreement with Kroft or just verbal acknowledgment? It is a bit in the eye of the beholder, but we lean toward agreement that he avoided using “terrorism.” For unknown reasons, CBS did not release this clip until just two days before the elections, and it attracted little notice at the time because Superstorm Sandy dominated the news.)

Eight days later, on Sept. 20, Obama was asked at a Univision town hall whether Benghazi was a terrorist attack related to al-Qaeda, after White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters that “it is self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.”

QUESTION: “We have reports that the White House said today that the attacks in Libya were a terrorist attack. Do you have information indicating that it was Iran, or al-Qaeda was behind organizing the protests?”
OBAMA: “Well, we’re still doing an investigation, and there are going to be different circumstances in different countries. And so I don’t want to speak to something until we have all the information. What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests.”

(It is unclear whether Obama is ducking the “terrorism” question or answering one about al-Qaeda.)

Finally, during an interview on ABC’s “The View” on Sept. 25, Obama appeared to refuse to say it was a terrorist attack:

QUESTION: “It was reported that people just went crazy and wild because of this anti-Muslim movie -- or anti-Muhammad, I guess, movie. But then I heard Hillary Clinton say that it was an act of terrorism. Is it? What do you say?”
OBAMA: “We are still doing an investigation. There is no doubt that the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn’t just a mob action. Now, we don’t have all the information yet so we are still gathering.”

So, given three opportunities to affirmatively agree that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack, the president obfuscated or ducked the question.

In fact, as far as we can tell from combing through databases, Monday was the first time the president himself referred to Benghazi as an “act of terrorism.”

Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the White House national security council, said in the case of “The View,” “the point of the question what about what happened, not what to call it.”

She also noted that President George W. Bush used the phrase “act of terror” while visiting victims of the Sept. 11 attacks in the hospital, and critics such as Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) have used that phrasing as well in speaking about terrorist attacks. (She provided citations.) “I don’t really accept the argument that we are somehow unique in that formulation,” she said.

Administration officials repeatedly have insisted that this is a distinction without much difference. “There was an issue about the definition of terrorism,” Carney said on October 10. “This is by definition an act of terror, as the President made clear.”

The Pinocchio Test

During the campaign, the president could just get away with claiming he said “act of terror,” since he did use those words — though not in the way he often claimed. It seemed like a bit of after-the-fact spin, but those were his actual words — to the surprise of Mitt Romney in the debate.

But the president’s claim that he said “act of terrorism” is taking revisionist history too far, given that he repeatedly refused to commit to that phrase when asked directly by reporters in the weeks after the attack. He appears to have gone out of his way to avoid saying it was a terrorist attack, so he has little standing to make that claim now.

Indeed, the initial unedited talking points did not call it an act of terrorism. Instead of pretending the right words were uttered, it would be far better to acknowledge that he was echoing what the intelligence community believed at the time--and that the administration’s phrasing could have been clearer and more forthright from the start.

Four Pinocchios

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-claim-he-called-benghazi-an-act-of-terrorism/2013/05/13/7b65b83e-bc14-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_blog.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Integrity
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »
Who gives a shit what he called it

Darrell Issa seems to think it's significant that Obama called it an "act of terror" rather than a "terrorist attack"

WTF is wrong with these morons

This is why Repubs are a joke

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
i like it, the majority of the american people are seeing the repub party for what they are,an on running joke  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
Who gives a shit what he called it

Darrell Issa seems to think it's significant that Obama called it an "act of terror" rather than a "terrorist attack"

WTF is wrong with these morons

This is why Repubs are a joke

I know, I still am unsure what the problem is, is this it? the wording? the changing of talking points like any police investigation. I mean this is like saying a policeman didn't tell us everything all at once because he waited for all the info.

This is a non issue, supporting this shit causes realshit to get pushed aside and focus energy on pointless politics instead of actually fuckign doing something.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »

LMFAO.

Of course not.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:16:10 PM »
are we REALLY going to sit around and talk about if obama has this or that touchy-feely emotion?

Or are we going to impeach him?

I mean seriously, is this the kinda tampax-sponsored little cryfest we want to have?  It's 2013... who in their right mind still doesn't know that obama lacks integrity?   It's been 5 years of his rule.... who still wakes up in the morning and doesn't know he's a corrupt Bush III cronie who doesn't give a shit about americans?

I can't believe this is a thread, i really cannot.  fvkc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »

LMFAO.

Of course not.

Just askin'.   :)

Another example.  Is he telling the truth here?  

Carney: White House notified of IRS targeting tea party ‘several weeks ago’; Obama: I found out Friday [VIDEO]
1:55 PM 05/14/2013

White House press secretary Jay Carney said in a press conference Tuesday that the White House was notified about the IRS targeting tea party groups “several weeks ago.” This comes a day after President Obama said he found out about it from news reports on Friday of last week.

During a press conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday, President Obama was asked about the IRS scandal. He responded, ”I first learned about it from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this. I think it was on Friday.”

However, Carney said Tuesday that first a report had to be compiled by the IRS’s inspector general and then when it was completed, it was passed on to the administration.

Ads by Google“A notification is appropriate and routine and that is what happened and that happened several weeks ago,” Carney said.

Carney said the White House will not make a formal statement until a complete IG report is released.

Carney said later in the press conference that although the White House was notified “weeks ago” about the IRS investigaton, neither he nor the president were notified individually.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/carney-white-house-notified-of-irs-targeting-tea-party-several-weeks-ago-obama-i-found-out-friday-video/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »
are we REALLY going to sit around and talk about if obama has this or that touchy-feely emotion?

Or are we going to impeach him?

I mean seriously, is this the kinda tampax-sponsored little cryfest we want to have?  It's 2013... who in their right mind still doesn't know that obama lacks integrity?   It's been 5 years of his rule.... who still wakes up in the morning and doesn't know he's a corrupt Bush III cronie who doesn't give a shit about americans?

I can't believe this is a thread, i really cannot.  fvkc.

Oh shut the heck up.  You had Obama's penis firmly implanted in your mouth for the last four years.  You kneedpadded the man as much or more than anyone on this board.  Get the heck out of here with that disingenuous impeachment talk.   ::)

Oh, and have a nice day.   :)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
Whether Obama called the Benghazi attack a "Terrorist Attack" or not is no big deal. Who cares, right?

Marco Rubio calling the IRS Acting Director, "Director" is the end of the world. What a clown, right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »
Oh shut the heck up.  You had Obama's penis firmly implanted in your mouth for the last four years.  You kneedpadded the man as much or more than anyone on this board.  Get the heck out of here with that disingenuous impeachment talk.   ::)

Oh, and have a nice day.   :)

LOL I'm calling for his impeachment.  Are you?  :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
same old 240 bull shit take one position to gain "credibility" in order to say shit tongue in cheek and not get shit on....

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »

Of course not.  You don't have a clue why you're "calling for his impeachment."  lol  

I didn't vote for him.  Did you?  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »
His entire administration has zero integrity. Pathological liars. I wouldn't trust any of them to to even watch my dog for the weekend. Lie, cheat and steal.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »
Whether Obama called the Benghazi attack a "Terrorist Attack" or not is no big deal. Who cares, right?

Marco Rubio calling the IRS Acting Director, "Director" is the end of the world. What a clown, right?

Haha, great point. Leftists are comical in their hypocrisy.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »

Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’
Posted by Glenn Kessler at 06:00 AM ET, 05/14/2013
TheWashingtonPost
(JONATHAN ERNST/REUTERS)

“The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism.”

— President Obama, remarks at a news conference, May 13, 2013

Once again, it appears that we must parse a few presidential words. We went through this question at length during the 2012 election, but perhaps a refresher course is in order.

Notably, during a debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney, President Obama said that he immediately told the American people that the killing of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya “was an act of terror.” But now he says he called it “an act of terrorism.”

Some readers may object to this continuing focus on words, but presidential aides spend a lot of time on words. Words have consequences. Is there a difference between “act of terror” and “act of terrorism”?

The Facts

Immediately after the attack, the president three times used the phrase “act of terror” in public statements:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”

— Obama, Rose Garden, Sept. 12

“We want to send a message all around the world — anybody who would do us harm: No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America.”

— Obama, campaign event in Las Vegas, Sept. 13

“I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America.”

— Obama, campaign event in Golden, Colo., Sept. 13

Here’s how we assessed those words back in October:

Note that in all three cases, the language is not as strong as Obama asserted in the debate. Obama declared that he said “that this was an act of terror.” But actually the president spoke in vague terms, usually wrapped in a patriotic fervor. One could presume he was speaking of the incident in Libya, but he did not affirmatively state that the American ambassador died because of an “act of terror.”
Some readers may think we are dancing on the head of pin here. The Fact Checker spent nine years as diplomatic correspondent for The Washington Post, and such nuances of phrasing are often very important. A president does not simply utter virtually the same phrase three times in two days about a major international incident without careful thought about the implications of each word.

The Fact Checker noted last week that this was an attack on what essentially was a secret CIA operation, which included rounding up weapons from the very people who may have attacked the facility.

Perhaps Obama, in his mind, thought this then was really “an act of war,” not a traditional terrorist attack, but he had not wanted to say that publicly. Or perhaps, as Republicans suggest, he did not want to spoil his campaign theme that terror groups such as al-Qaeda were on the run by conceding a terrorist attack had occurred on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Whatever the reason, when given repeated opportunities to forthrightly declare this was an “act of terrorism,” the president ducked the question.

For instance, on Sept. 12, immediately after the Rose Garden statement the day after the attack, Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes and acknowledged he purposely avoided the using the word “terrorism:”

KROFT: “Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word ‘terrorism’ in connection with the Libya attack.”
OBAMA: “Right.”
KROFT: “Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?”
OBAMA: “Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans. And we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice, one way or the other.”

(You can view this segment of the interview below. A key question is what the president meant when he said “right.” Was this agreement with Kroft or just verbal acknowledgment? It is a bit in the eye of the beholder, but we lean toward agreement that he avoided using “terrorism.” For unknown reasons, CBS did not release this clip until just two days before the elections, and it attracted little notice at the time because Superstorm Sandy dominated the news.)

Eight days later, on Sept. 20, Obama was asked at a Univision town hall whether Benghazi was a terrorist attack related to al-Qaeda, after White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters that “it is self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.”

QUESTION: “We have reports that the White House said today that the attacks in Libya were a terrorist attack. Do you have information indicating that it was Iran, or al-Qaeda was behind organizing the protests?”
OBAMA: “Well, we’re still doing an investigation, and there are going to be different circumstances in different countries. And so I don’t want to speak to something until we have all the information. What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests.”

(It is unclear whether Obama is ducking the “terrorism” question or answering one about al-Qaeda.)

Finally, during an interview on ABC’s “The View” on Sept. 25, Obama appeared to refuse to say it was a terrorist attack:

QUESTION: “It was reported that people just went crazy and wild because of this anti-Muslim movie -- or anti-Muhammad, I guess, movie. But then I heard Hillary Clinton say that it was an act of terrorism. Is it? What do you say?”
OBAMA: “We are still doing an investigation. There is no doubt that the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn’t just a mob action. Now, we don’t have all the information yet so we are still gathering.”

So, given three opportunities to affirmatively agree that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack, the president obfuscated or ducked the question.

In fact, as far as we can tell from combing through databases, Monday was the first time the president himself referred to Benghazi as an “act of terrorism.”

Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the White House national security council, said in the case of “The View,” “the point of the question what about what happened, not what to call it.”

She also noted that President George W. Bush used the phrase “act of terror” while visiting victims of the Sept. 11 attacks in the hospital, and critics such as Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) have used that phrasing as well in speaking about terrorist attacks. (She provided citations.) “I don’t really accept the argument that we are somehow unique in that formulation,” she said.

Administration officials repeatedly have insisted that this is a distinction without much difference. “There was an issue about the definition of terrorism,” Carney said on October 10. “This is by definition an act of terror, as the President made clear.”

The Pinocchio Test

During the campaign, the president could just get away with claiming he said “act of terror,” since he did use those words — though not in the way he often claimed. It seemed like a bit of after-the-fact spin, but those were his actual words — to the surprise of Mitt Romney in the debate.

But the president’s claim that he said “act of terrorism” is taking revisionist history too far, given that he repeatedly refused to commit to that phrase when asked directly by reporters in the weeks after the attack. He appears to have gone out of his way to avoid saying it was a terrorist attack, so he has little standing to make that claim now.

Indeed, the initial unedited talking points did not call it an act of terrorism. Instead of pretending the right words were uttered, it would be far better to acknowledge that he was echoing what the intelligence community believed at the time--and that the administration’s phrasing could have been clearer and more forthright from the start.

Four Pinocchios

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-claim-he-called-benghazi-an-act-of-terrorism/2013/05/13/7b65b83e-bc14-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_blog.html

I dont get the "wording" thing

But Obama doesnt have integrity

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
The AG (and I think the president") said this leak "put the American people at risk."  Is he telling the truth? 

Questions raised over administration claim that AP leak put Americans at risk
Published May 17, 2013
FoxNews.com

WASHINGTON –  Americans were in danger.

That was the chief argument Attorney General Eric Holder tried to make this week for why Justice Department officials seized two months' worth of phone records of reporters and editors at The Associated Press.

But the AP has strongly refuted from the start claims that it put the country in danger. The accusation that the news organization risked national security isn’t sitting so well with other journalists and lawmakers who have started pushing back on the claims.

“We held that story until the government assured us that the national security concerns had passed,” AP President Gary Pruitt said in a written response to the Justice Department's claims.
A report from The Washington Post appeared to give more weight to the AP's claims. 

According to the Post, the AP had been sitting on a scoop about a failed Al Qaeda plot at the request of CIA officials for five days. The morning they were supposed to release the story, journalists were asked by government officials to wait another day, citing safety concerns.

However, the CIA officials who first cited the security concerns said they no longer had the same worries. Rather, the Obama administration was planning to announce the success of the counterterrorism project the following day, according to The Post report.

After a series of negotiations, the AP ultimately decided to publish. Months later, the Obama administration seized the phone records – home, work and cell -- of 20 AP reporters and editors.

The government says it was trying to hunt down the AP government source who leaked information about a top secret U.S. operation to thwart an Al Qaeda plan to blow up an airliner.
Holder said earlier this week that it was one of the most serious leaks he's encountered, and it put the American people "at risk."

One White House official told the Post that the reason the administration was planning to go public with the operation was because they knew the AP was planning a story.

But the argument doesn’t hold up, some say, because the day after it was released, the White House’s top counterterrorism adviser went on “Good Morning America” and talked about how successful the operation had been. John Brennan, now CIA director, praised the work of U.S. intelligence officials and said that the Al Qaeda plot was never an active threat to the American public.

Brennan’s comments seem to challenge the reason the government pressed the news organization to hold the story as well as Holder’s claims that the leak and published report endangered Americans.

On Tuesday, Holder defended the department’s secret examination of the AP phone records even though he went on to say he had recused himself from the case. He could not offer details on the investigation.

In all, the government pulled the April 2012-May 2012 telephone records from four AP bureaus including Washington and New York.

The department's actions angered many lawmakers and First Amendment groups.

Pruitt called the Justice Department’s actions “a massive and unprecedented intrusion.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/17/sources-say-cia-claims-that-ap-put-americans-at-risk-is-false/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 04:50:39 PM »
What about Ms. Lerner?

Democrat Crowley: IRS' Lerner Should Be Fired for Lying
Friday, 17 May 2013
By Christiana Lilly

Rep. Joe Crowley Friday all but accused Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner of lying to Congress about the agency's targeting of conservative groups and joined Rep. Sander Levin in calling for her immediate resignation or firing.

Crowley, a New York Democrat, said Friday on MSNBC's Jansing & Co. that Lerner "failed to answer the question" when she was asked at a Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee hearing last week if the IRS was investigating political 501 (c) (4) groups that had applied for tax-exempt status through the agency division she headed.

"She then two days later planted a question at a press event, only to then use that opportunity to apologize for what the IRS had been doing," Crowley continued.

He said he confronted her later and she denied that she had even been asked about the targeting effort at the hearing.

"The truth was, I had asked in Congress at a committee hearing two days earlier," Crowley said, adding: "If you're Miss Lerner, you're worried about your career right now."

Crowley and Michigan Democrat Levin, the top two members of their party on the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, called for Lerner to resign, and failing that, to be fired for her conduct in trying to control fallout from IRS controversy, which has now turned into a full-blown scandal.

Crowley insisted, however, that the White House was not aware or involved in the targeting effort, citing the inspector general's report released earlier this week indicating it did not stretch beyond the tax collection agency.

Like Republicans, he said he was angry, too, but added that GOP lawmakers are wrong to claim that Obama knew about it or, even worse, had orchestrated it, much as Richard Nixon had done with the Watergate cover-up nearly 41 years ago.

"It’s about partisanship once again and trying to somehow link this to the White House. It’s the same old, same old, exactly what people are really angry about what is happening in Washington today," he said, criticizing the GOP.

"Really we should all be outraged by what took place. I am. No political entity ought to be investigated or gone after by the IRS."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/crowley-irs-lerner-lying/2013/05/17/id/505096

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
He cannot really believe this? 

PIERS MORGAN, HOST: Final question, Jay Carney. Obviously the president made a big deal when he came into office of being not like previous administrations and was going to be much more transparent. The charge today after this week is that you have had that reputation for transparency pretty heavily dented. Do you accept that and just on a general picture, how are you going to move on now and restore perhaps faith that some Americans have lost this week in your openness and honesty?

JAY CARNEY, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: Well, I'm not sure, again, you're concocting scandals here that don't exist, especially with regard to the Benghazi affair that was contrived by Republicans and I think has fallen apart largely this week. The fact of the matter is that we, that this administration has a record on transparency that outdoes any previous administration's, and we are committed to that. The president is committed to that.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/16/pmt.01.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »
He cannot really believe this? 

PIERS MORGAN, HOST: Final question, Jay Carney. Obviously the president made a big deal when he came into office of being not like previous administrations and was going to be much more transparent. The charge today after this week is that you have had that reputation for transparency pretty heavily dented. Do you accept that and just on a general picture, how are you going to move on now and restore perhaps faith that some Americans have lost this week in your openness and honesty?

JAY CARNEY, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: Well, I'm not sure, again, you're concocting scandals here that don't exist, especially with regard to the Benghazi affair that was contrived by Republicans and I think has fallen apart largely this week. The fact of the matter is that we, that this administration has a record on transparency that outdoes any previous administration's, and we are committed to that. The president is committed to that.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/16/pmt.01.html

Absolutely he does!   Inside the Obama WH its a cult of personality

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
Did they purposely pick Jay Carney out because he looks like a little twink? ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »
Did they purposely pick Jay Carney out because he looks like a little twink? ???

JTWINK!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 05:51:10 AM »

Sounds a little like the Christian god...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 08:26:03 AM »
Sounds a little like the Christian god...

Or a bunch of cops...

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 08:31:04 AM »

you sure that's what rubio stated?

"t is clear the IRS cannot operate with even a shred of the American people’s confidence under the current leadership," Rubio said in a letter to Treasury Secretary Jack Lew. "I strongly urge that you and President Obama demand the IRS Commissioner’s resignation, effectively immediately. No government agency that has behaved in such a manner can possibly instill any faith and respect from the American public."

Is this the thing you are referring too?
a little differnent. it's like Obama calling it an evil act instead of a terrorist attack.