Author Topic: 2013 NY Pro - Big Ramy - is he the closest thing to Ronnie Coleman?  (Read 109956 times)

whitewidow

Re: 2013 NY Pro - Big Ramy - is he the closest thing to Ronnie Coleman?
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »
Sorry bro but all your words just went down the drain, when you do this you lose respect in the debate and all credibility goes in the toilet, there is not even a point in you making any more points cause no one here will take your words seriously anymore and you are my boy, i mean this with all due respect brother but that is a horrible statement you just made.

Bodybuilders are not judged by least amount of flaws they are judged by overall package and in the ifbb 11 poses which Samir would not beat Ronnie in even one of them, both at their best, that's just the way it is.

You are not keeping it real here.

I don't think there will ever be another Ronnie Coleman and comparing ramy to coleman is a joke.  samir was not nearly as dominant as ronnie was, But you have to give samir credit, he did have great symmetry and some might think samir was better proportioned then Ronnie. Sure Ronnie would make samir dissapear on-stage but samir made a great Mr. Olympia.
Just like I was arguing when dexter won the Olympia in 2008 that was one if not the best physiques I think I have ever seen! Dexter came in just shredded looking like a human anatomy chart and holding some serious muscle mass. dexter 2008 was perfection in my eyes. even though dexter is a smaller guy that is what a Mr. Olympia should look like. Not only was his physique flawless he looked healthy! If you watch some of that NY pro footage on the previous pages, Big ramy could not hold his poses very long,plus he looks awful for somebody 26 years old! Dead by 45! Ronnie brought in the freakiest cartoon looking physique but was still pretty peeled but not like dexter. Dexter was all-around perfection.

I think if kai can come in the same as he did last year with a little more conditioning he will win the O. Kai is the closest thing to ronnie but still not as good as a 2008 Dexter.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:20 AM »
I don't think there will ever be another Ronnie Coleman and comparing ramy to coleman is a joke.  samir was not nearly as dominant as ronnie was, But you have to give samir credit, he did have great symmetry and some might think samir was better proportioned then Ronnie. Sure Ronnie would make samir dissapear on-stage but samir made a great Mr. Olympia.
Just like I was arguing when dexter won the Olympia in 2008 that was one if not the best physiques I think I have ever seen! Dexter came in just shredded looking like a human anatomy chart and holding some serious muscle mass. dexter 2008 was perfection in my eyes. even though dexter is a smaller guy that is what a Mr. Olympia should look like. Not only was his physique flawless he looked healthy! If you watch some of that NY pro footage on the previous pages, Big ramy could not hold his poses very long,plus he looks awful for somebody 26 years old! Dead by 45! Ronnie brought in the freakiest cartoon looking physique but was still pretty peeled but not like dexter. Dexter was all-around perfection.

I think if kai can come in the same as he did last year with a little more conditioning he will win the O. Kai is the closest thing to ronnie but still not as good as a 2008 Dexter.
Samir is a legend and one of the greats, he was amazing, simple as that but you can not say in any form the words ''Samir was better then Ronnie" You just can't, that is the biggest delusion I have ever heard of on grand scale.

Is there aspects of Samir that are better, ya of course, there are aspects of the last place Olympia guy that are better then Ronnie but we are talking one aspect maybe out of a thousand that does not justify the words ''samir was better then Ronnie", that is Blasphemy.  ;D

whitewidow

« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:19 AM »
Samir is a legend and one of the greats, he was amazing, simple as that but you can not say in any form the words ''Samir was better then Ronnie" You just can't, that is the biggest delusion I have ever heard of on grand scale.

Is there aspects of Samir that are better, ya of course, there are aspects of the last place Olympia guy that are better then Ronnie but we are talking one aspect maybe out of a thousand that does not justify the words ''samir was better then Ronnie", that is Blasphemy.  ;D

Nobody can beat a prime peaked Ronnie. Not possible! There is only 1 Ronnie coleman.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2013, 04:51:30 AM »
Ramy definitely looks denser to me too. Phil is separated and striated but oddly smooth whereas Ramy looks hard and thick and big.

Guess it's true what that one guy said on PBW. Ramy has excellent water manipulation potential because he gets dry as fuck but can still be leaner than he is today by cutting more fat off him.

And his calves are not that bad. Much better than Victor and much better than Dexter. I would put it in the Coleman catagory. It's just mgnified because his quads are so huge. And as far as shoulders, Heath has a much more blown up oiled filled look than Ramy.

Sherif is right though. He has to improve his conditioning to compete with the top of top at the O. Either way, they are not going to let him win this year no matter what. This is Kai's best chance. Too bad he's such a fruit cake and weirdo. It just makes it that much harder even though he's a better bodybuilder than PHil.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2013, 04:53:04 AM »
Sorry bro but all your words just went down the drain, when you do this you lose respect in the debate and all credibility goes in the toilet, there is not even a point in you making any more points cause no one here will take your words seriously anymore and you are my boy, i mean this with all due respect brother but that is a horrible statement you just made.

Bodybuilders are not judged by least amount of flaws they are judged by overall package and in the ifbb 11 poses which Samir would not beat Ronnie in even one of them, both at their best, that's just the way it is.

You are not keeping it real here.

sure you didnt get my point.. i said samir is better than ramy "the same way" he is better than ronnie.. this doesnt mean i see samir a better bbr than ronnie... or ramy..

as for bb poses if we consider the time diff. between the 2 i see samir better than ronnie in some poses like the side triceps and the abs/th..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2013, 04:57:31 AM »

man dont compare ramy now to ronnie at his best.. ramy is much better than ronnie when ronnie was a new pro... he was just another pro. and no one saw any special potential in him.. ramy is still very young and logically he can be compared to ronnie's best one day but it's too early now..

aside of being egyptian like him but i was always saying the sport needed some one like this to refresh things..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2013, 05:00:02 AM »
And his calves are not that bad. Much better than Victor and much better than Dexter. I would put it in the Coleman catagory. It's just mgnified because his quads are so huge. And as far as shoulders, Heath has a much more blown up oiled filled look than Ramy.

Sherif is right though. He has to improve his conditioning to compete with the top of top at the O. Either way, they are not going to let him win this year no matter what. This is Kai's best chance. Too bad he's such a fruit cake and weirdo. It just makes it that much harder even though he's a better bodybuilder than PHil.

X2.. i see his calves even better than ronnie's.. they are not high,.. they just need to be filled if this is possible..

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2013, 05:02:33 AM »

Arabs almost always look old for their age. They're hairy but go bald at an early age. Also, their food seems to give them that skinny fat look. Pot belly, skinny arms, skinny legs.

But you're right about Dex. Considering what he has to work with he is one of the best of all time. I'm also a member of gh 15's board and this may be painful for you but when it comes to Dex you and gh 15 are in full accord.

so many ask me who do i think th ebest bodybuild in history is and i always say ron colman and arnold...which is true to this point because the fella i will put on top of them all is stil not retired ,,

i have known him long time ....and while he dont talk hormone specificaly due to reason you may al understand he does talk it privately but generaly speaking he is my opinion the definition of wht a true bodybuild is

remember to filter out shout outs to trainers and all that this is because they make their money out of this and need a push too especialy if you are in the top of bodybuild you need to give

i can say now safely ...taking all things into consideration....and it involve much more than body...and much more than hormones....i can safely and comfortably say that i consider dexter jackson to be the best bodybuilder in history

once again this is CONSIDERING EVERYTHING ...NOT ONE ASPECT ...RON COLMAN WAS A GREAT BODYBUILDER A FREAK OF NATURE BUT NONE! STOOD AND DID WHAT DEXTER JACKSON HAS DONE AND CAME FROM WHERE HE CAME WHICH WAS THE SMALLEST OF ALL SMALLS...THE FLY ZONE AS I CALL IT AND INTO AN ETERNAL GLORY

i decided to announce it today because today is a very special day for me and i wanted this announcment to be on this day

i always said i would wait with dexjax...i said he was top 10 but i feel comfortable now to for the forseen future to place him as th best bodybuild to ever lived

i want my pupils to emulate him and try to do what he did and did best and it was always NEVER GIVING UP!

YOU NEVER GIVE UP UNTIL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT!

i now feel my list is complete and i now feel i gave the most deserved bodybuider the right spot at the top.

gh15 approved
lion of judah
bible index

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2013, 05:06:06 AM »
X2.. i see his calves even better than ronnie's.. they are not high,.. they just need to be filled if this is possible..

True. It's not that Ronnie had small calves like Dex and Wolf, but the shape wasnt the most flattering. I don't know if calves can be naturally brought up (naturally in the sense of building the mucsle itself) but some judicious use of SEO, not so much to make it obvious, but just enough so that the weakness isn't so glaring. 

whitewidow

« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
Arabs almost always look old for their age. They're hairy but go bald at an early age. Also, their food seems to give them that skinny fat look. Pot belly, skinny arms, skinny legs.

But you're right about Dex. Considering what he has to work with he is one of the best of all time. I'm also a member of gh 15's board and this may be painful for you but when it comes to Dex you and gh 15 are in full accord.

just to my credit I was saying what Gh15 is saying about Dexter days ago on this thread and for years on other threads. Dexter jackson's physique is what bodybuilding is all about! Dexter always comes in just shredded looking like a human anatomy chart and holding some serious lean muscle mass. Plus he is the healthiest looking bodybuilder-IMO especially considering his age he still nails it everytime! anybody can go back and check my quotes 2008 when dexter won the mr.O that was the best physique I have ever seen! Pure perfection! I cannot remember a show where Dexter came in looking out of shape. Even though he placed higher some years in various shows he was never that off. Dexter is def the most consistent bodybuilder.

I am glad Gh15 and I agree on something just remember Gh15 made this announcement after me. Nothing wrong with that just remember I am not going off of what Gh15 thinks and I know he is not going off my opinion either, we just both agree Dexter is the all-around best bodybuilder. This does show even though Gh15 and I disagreed in the past we both know what a true champion bodybuilder should look like and the consistency of how they should be coming in shape. Much more goes along with it like how healthy they look, how they conduct themselves on-stage and off-stage. The pure lifestyle they have to live daily to constantly come in shape like dexter has over the decade. It is alot of work and dexter does it like a true champion. Just to clear up my problem with Gh15 there never really was one! We disagreed about a few things no big deal! I disagree with other members as well but at the end of the day we were still on good terms ,I am not sure why Gh15 wanted to hold a grudge against me.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2013, 05:56:33 AM »
sure you didnt get my point.. i said samir is better than ramy "the same way" he is better than ronnie.. this doesnt mean i see samir a better bbr than ronnie... or ramy..

as for bb poses if we consider the time diff. between the 2 i see samir better than ronnie in some poses like the side triceps and the abs/th..
??? ??? ???

I sure didn't and still don't. Your exact words were Samir is better then Ronnie, in what same way ? where you being sarcastic, were you using a metaphor? it was not clear if you intended in a manner I am yet not figuring out, enlighten me.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:33 AM »
oh BTW the ifbb judges would give the side triceps to Ronnie simply cause he is overwhelmingly bigger, size is an enormous criteria in judging a pose, so Samir would not win even one pose against Ronnie .

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: June 05, 2013, 06:01:36 AM »
??? ??? ???

I sure didn't and still don't. Your exact words were Samir is better then Ronnie, in what same way ? where you being sarcastic, were you using a metaphor? it was not clear if you intended in a manner I am yet not figuring out, enlighten me.

I see where Sherief is coming from here, even though he put it in the most cofusing words imaginable.

I read as him saying that what he (personally) prefers in Samir over Rami, is the same things he prefers Rami over Ronnie. Bad choice of words I think, as you can't say that Rami is 'better than Ronnie' in any context whatsoever lol.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2013, 06:08:47 AM »
I see where Sherief is coming from here, even though he put it in the most cofusing words imaginable.

I read as him saying that what he (personally) prefers in Samir over Rami, is the same things he prefers Rami over Ronnie. Bad choice of words I think, as you can't say that Rami is 'better than Ronnie' in any context whatsoever lol.
aaaaaah I see now, OK then, lol, Sharief man take some lessons from big CYP here lol  ;)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2013, 06:13:35 AM »
aaaaaah I see now, OK then, lol, Sharief man takes some lessons from big CYP here lol  ;)

He is under surveillance.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #315 on: June 05, 2013, 06:21:04 AM »
oh BTW the ifbb judges would give the side triceps to Ronnie simply cause he is overwhelmingly bigger, size is an enormous criteria in judging a pose, so Samir would not win even one pose against Ronnie .

for the 2nd time you are not understanding my posts.. i said samir would take these poses IF WE CONSIDER THE TIME DIFF.. you cant compare someone from early 80s to someone who reached his best 15-20 years later..

arnold is a better bbr than phil and i am sure you agree with me here but does this mean arnold's best can beat phil's best onstage??.. if we consider the time difference yes,.. if not sure there is no way..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2013, 06:22:20 AM »

here we have a genus who can understand my posts ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2013, 06:23:37 AM »
here we have a genus who can understand my posts ;D

It takes a genus believe me  ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #318 on: June 05, 2013, 06:29:14 AM »
some thoughts:

you cant compare a new pro. to 8X mr. olympia at his best but you can compare them when this 8x mr. olympia was a new pro. himself..

the same way

you cant compare guys from 2 difference eras..

the same way

you cant compare naturals to roiders..

bigcyp plz translate..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #319 on: June 05, 2013, 06:30:09 AM »
for the 2nd time you are not understanding my posts.. i said samir would take these poses IF WE CONSIDER THE TIME DIFF.. you cant compare someone from early 80s to someone who reached his best 15-20 years later..

arnold is a better bbr than phil and i am sure you agree with me here but does this mean arnold's best can beat phil's best onstage??.. if we consider the time difference yes,.. if not sure there is no way..

If they were all onstage at the same time/year given their best condition Arnold would take them.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »
and imo ramy now has better front lat spread and better abs/thigh than ronnie at his very best..

whitewidow

« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2013, 06:56:36 AM »
everybody has to admit the old venice beach crew Arnold,Franco,waller,robby, zane all trained way harder then todays pros and back then they had steroids that were great quality but they just had the basics. There were very seldom if anybody who had access to HGH or all these other new peptides that are around. They also did not know how to use insulin back then. I am sure some did use insulin but not like todays pros and even if they did use some insulin back then without HGH you do not get that synergistic effect. It would help you recover a bit but without both HGH and slin you wont get that crazy synergistic effect. Yes the steroids were better and easier to get but just the basics. most all of them just used the old school Test/deca/dbol cycle. Some guys did not even use anchileries. So I don't think it is fair to compare a pro from the 70's to todays pros or even pros from the early 90's. according to Dorian not alot of bodybuilders were using HGH till the early 90's.

Igor90

• Getbig II
« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2013, 07:36:01 AM »
and imo ramy now has better front lat spread and better abs/thigh than ronnie at his very best..

lol no he doesn't. you fellas seem to overreact to his size a bit..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #323 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »
lol no he doesn't. you fellas seem to overreact to his size a bit..

actually ronnie was not great in these 2 poses.. he was worse than many guys in his era in these two poses in particular..

as for ramy his front lat spread is amazing.. not better than haney or yates but is still very good.. his abs/thigh is not one of the best but still very good for a mass monster and imo better than ronnie's..

whitewidow

« Reply #324 on: June 05, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »
actually ronnie was not great in these 2 poses.. he was worse than many guys in his era in these two poses in particular..

as for ramy his front lat spread is amazing.. not better than haney or yates but is still very good.. his abs/thigh is not one of the best but still very good for a mass monster and imo better than ronnie's..

His rear lat spread was not very impressive. I think Franco had the best rear lat spread ever.when franco did a rear lat spread there was no spacing between his lats and arms.Franco would blow up like crazy when he hit that pose.