Author Topic: Question about Jesus, the early years. Serious answers only.  (Read 10108 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
If it was known that Jesus was the next messiah the day of his birth, the north star, the three wisemen etc... Why is it his childhood wasn't documented?  Life as a 2, 3, 4, 8 year old, hitting puberty, voice changing, etc....  It seems the story goes from his birth then just jumps 15 years to him working in a blacksmith shop, but what happened in between?  You would think he would have had an entourage his whole life if they knew he was so special from the start.

I'm being serious.  Maybe this was documented but I would like to know more.  When I tried to google it I just got links about baby Jesus.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Question about Jesus, the early years. Serious answers only.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
If it was known that Jesus was the next messiah the day of his birth, the north star, the three wisemen etc... Why is it his childhood wasn't documented?  Life as a 2, 3, 4, 8 year old, hitting puberty, voice changing, etc....  It seems the story goes from his birth then just jumps 15 years to him working in a blacksmith shop, but what happened in between?  You would think he would have had an entourage his whole life if they knew he was so special from the start.

I'm being serious.  Maybe this was documented but I would like to know more.  When I tried to google it I just got links about baby Jesus.

Most was recorded after he started his "mission" .  However the catholic church has a lot of stuff that's not in the "bible".  Remember the catholic church put the bible together - they chose the most valued documents for it, but they had a lot of other documents.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »
John 21:25

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Good copout.  In other words they have shit to write.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:48:27 AM »
Most was recorded after he started his "mission" .  However the catholic church has a lot of stuff that's not in the "bible".  Remember the catholic church put the bible together - they chose the most valued documents for it, but they had a lot of other documents.

They probably hold onto a doc where Jesus states that he is not the last prophet and one named Mohammed comes after him or something.  lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »
Jesus in all probability never existed

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »
Luke 2:41-52

New International Version (NIV)
The Boy Jesus at the Temple

41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?”[a] 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Footnotes:

a.  Luke 2:49 Or be about my Father’s business

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »
From what I understand about the Bible, everything was written years later after his death about the life he lived.  Just think about any story of someone else's life 5-10 years later and then try to recount that event accurately.  You will be convinced that you recounted the events perfectly but if you were to compare most people would probably only have a small percentage correct.

Sooo, it seems that not many can recall much about his life which you think would have been important.  If he was truly God, then his whole life would have been important, how he grew up, events as a child, everything, yet it is never explained.  Seems odd.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
You mean that he may have been hitting off Mary M, which means that priest's vows of celibacy were wrong (To be Christ like is to be absent of lust and sexual urges)?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 12:07:01 PM »
You mean that he may have been hitting off Mary M, which means that priest's vows of celibacy were wrong (To be Christ like is to be absent of lust and sexual urges)?

Considering Celibacy was only made an "official" doctrine in the 11th century, that would not add up, as the bible was formulated many centuries earlier.  Although they had been practicing it all the way back to St Paul (documented from his own writings).

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 12:09:05 PM »

Here is your answer

Jesus actually had to escape to Egypt because The king (Herod) wanted him dead because of the prophesies.

Imagine that you wanted someone dead so badly that you kill everyone that is 2 years old or under. They basically were keeping a low profile for safety reasons until it past over, even though Herod died a short time after they were still in danger.

So Jesus did not perform any miracles at this point so there was simply nothing to write or document.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »

You mean to say that the Catholic Church may have had ulterior motives for commanding priest to stay celibate and unmarried?   ;D
A

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
Jesus did not perform any miracles at this point so there was simply nothing to write or document.

That's it in a nutshell.  They documented the phase of his life in which he was actively preaching.  He did not do this until adulthood.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
The books that now form the Bible were decided under the Council of Nicea under the Roman Emperor Constantine.

Some of the other books which weren't destroyed now form part of the 'Apocrypha' and can still be read.

The ones chosen to be in the Bible were those they claimed were the most legitimate or authentic books or scrolls.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »
Here is your answer

Jesus actually had to escape to Egypt because The king (Herod) wanted him dead because of the prophesies.

Imagine that you wanted someone dead so badly that you kill everyone that is 2 years old or under. They basically were keeping a low profile for safety reasons until it past over, even though Herod died a short time after they were still in danger.

So Jesus did not perform any miracles at this point so there was simply nothing to write or document.

Seems a little too convenient.  How long do you think it takes to go from Isreal to Egypt on the back of a donkey then back again?  Could have been years and years and nothing about it documented along the way?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Seems a little too convenient.  How long do you think it takes to go from Isreal to Egypt on the back of a donkey then back again?  Could have been years and years and nothing about it documented along the way?

Not really.  That is how it works when documenting famous figures.  You will see the same with almost all ancient figures.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
The books that now form the Bible were decided under the Council of Nicea under the Roman Emperor Constantine.

Some of the other books which weren't destroyed now form part of the 'Apocrypha' and can still be read.

The ones chosen to be in the Bible were those they claimed were the most legitimate or authentic books or scrolls.

Chosen by committee for a very express purpose-spreading Christianity throughout the nonchristian world. Our modern perception of Jesus was determined by men who never met jesus many decades after his death.  
A

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Chosen by committee for a very express purpose-spreading Christianity throughout the nonchristian world. Our modern perception of Jesus was determined by men who never met jesus many decades after his death.  

Again, not really.  Christianity had already spread through most of the "known world" at that time.  It was intended for the existing Christian community.

Also note that these books and other "non canon" documents were already in use.  It was more of an official canonisation.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »

Not spreading as such, but rather for a specific interpretation perhaps, as Christianity had many sects and deviations, and one can imagine with the size of the Roman Empire and slow and primitive communication and isolated areas how this must have been.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
Not really.  That is how it works when documenting famous figures.  You will see the same with almost all ancient figures.

He was born from a virgin as the next messiah, not Brad Pitt.  That right there is more than enough to document everything about him and not just sit around and wait 20 years until he started preaching.  Catch my drift? 

There is more documentation about Justin Beiber's teen years than Jesus'

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »
Again, not really.  Christianity had already spread through most of the "known world" at that time.  It was intended for the existing Christian community.

Also note that these books were already in use.  It was more of an official canonisation.

Yes those books where circulating but so were many other books, very few of which survived to the present day thanks to the early church.

There was a great deal of debate at the time over which books would be considered canon.  The book of revelation in particular was a contentious choice with many on the council protesting that it should not be included.  
A

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
He was born from a virgin as the next messiah, not Brad Pitt.  That right there is more than enough to document everything about him and not just sit around and wait 20 years until he started preaching.  Catch my drift? 

Yeah I do.  But the people documenting his words and actions were those that were around him as an adult.  They were not there in his younger years.

RX MOGOL

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
the bible was not out together by the church ,much less the catholic church.  It was done by the council of nicia (spelling way off) under Constantine's order, a pagan.  The catholic church did not come around for some 1400 years

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
No it does not take years, it takes less then a week and in an expedition may take 15 days, I study history, this was a very common trip back then and they were trying keep it a secret not document stuff, they were running for their lives, what do you expect.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:52 PM »

Bro they were trying to be low key not trying to get attention

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »
Bro they were trying to be low key not trying to get attention

Who documented this flight to safety?
A