Author Topic: Best of Getbig - Quotes, Pictures and Videos  (Read 1227583 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Best Getbig quotes from 2013 - 2014.
« Reply #2175 on: July 16, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »
Re: Aaron Singerman and PJ Braun Buy 2 Lambo's !!!

Vince Goodrum buys a new trailer!!!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2176 on: July 17, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »
Re: No gym bags allowed in the gym ??

Years ago I used to let guys carry dumbbells up the steps to the gym. Good exercise. One day three of those light dumbbells disappeared. That was the end of that exercise.

Over the years we have had protein cans disappear, a belt with rings to attach weight for dips and chins, various small plates, pins, and handles.

It would be good to have a metal detector to prevent theft. Maybe blokes hand small weights through a window?

Lots of guys have home gyms. The handles I make are stainless and custom built and polished. You can't buy these handles in stainless that I have seen. One day one

went missing. I wasn't pleased. I custom build the weight stack pins, too. Special hard steel pins that won't bend or rust with stainless tops plus polyurethane so there is no metal to metal contact.

You can't buy pins like these. My standard for gym equipment is high. Things have to last and last.

So we started the gym rule of no bags taken along in the gym. We provide secure lockers for valuables and a gym bag. You have to pay

for these as they were very expensive to buy. $90,000 for three banks that are controlled by a computer. This is a hard rule to enforce with muscleheads. Ditto the rule about having

a large towel so that no sweat or skin touches the upholstery. I need a split bamboo stick to help enforce these rules!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2177 on: July 18, 2014, 07:17:14 AM »
I made $15 million before I was 30, and it wasn't as awesome as you'd think

I made $15 million in my mid-20s after I sold a tech startup. I talked to a lot of people about this question, and thought a lot about how to stay the same person I was before and after making money.

Here's my answer: being rich is better than not being rich, but it's not nearly as good as you imagine it is.

The answer why is a bit more complicated.

First, one of the only real things being rich gives you is that you don't have to worry about money as much anymore. There will still be some expenses that you cannot afford (and you will wish you could), but most expenses can be made without thinking about what it costs. This is definitely better, without a doubt.

Being rich does come with some downsides, though. The first thing you are thinking reading that, is, "cry me a river". That is one of the downsides. You are not allowed to complain about anything, ever. Since most people imagine being rich as nirvana, you are no longer allowed to have any human needs or frustrations in the public eye. Yet, you are still a human being, but most people don't treat you like one.

There's the second downside. Most people now want something out of you, and it can be harder to figure out whether someone is being nice to you because they like you, or they are being nice to you because of your money. If you aren't married yet, good luck trying to figure out (and/or always having self doubt) about whether a partner is into you or your money.

Then you have friends & family. Hopefully your relationship with them doesn't sour, but it can get harder. Both can get really weird about it and start to treat you differently. They might come and ask for a loan (bad idea: if you give, always give a gift). One common problem is that they don't appreciate Christmas presents the way that they used to, and they can get unrealistic expectations for how large a present should be and be disappointed when you don't meet their unrealistic expectations. You have to start making decisions for your parents on what does and does not cost too much, and frankly, it's awkward.

Add all of these up and you can start to feel a certain sense of isolation.
You sometimes lay awake at night, wondering if you made the right investment decisions, whether it might all go away. You know that feeling standing on a tall building, the feeling you might lose your mind and jump? Sometimes you're worried that you might lose your mind and spend it all.

The next thing you need to understand about money is this: all of the things you picture buying, they are only worthwhile to you because you cannot afford them (or have to work really hard to acquire them). Maybe you have your eye on a new Audi — once you can easily afford it, it just doesn't mean as much to you anymore.

Everything is relative, and you are more or less powerless to that. Yes, the first month you drive the Audi, or eat in a fancy restaurant, you really enjoy it. But then you sort of get used to it. And then you are looking towards the next thing, the next level up. And the problem is that you have reset your expectations, and everything below that level doesn't get you quite as excited anymore.

This happens to everyone. Good people can maintain perspective, actively fight it, and stay grounded. Worse people complain about it and commit general acts of douchebaggery. But remember this: it would happen to you, too, even though you might not think so. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

Most people hold the illusion that if only they had more money, their life would be better and they would be happier. Then they get rich, and that doesn't happen, and it can throw them into a serious life crisis.

If you're part of the middle class, you have just as many opportunities to do with your life what you want of it. If you're not happy now, you won't be happy because of money.
Whether you're rich or not, make your life what you want it to be, and don't use money as an excuse. Go out there, get involved, be active, pursue your passion, and make a difference.

Money buys happiness, those that can't be happy with money usually have other underlying issues and would be unhappy no matter what they have or don't have.

Happiness is a state of mind. That is why that there are people who don't have money and are happy.
You can not by a state of mind like happiness. Money can provide a peace of mind.
I posted an article a whole back (this may be it) that was about how people who bought things were happy for a brief moment, and then unhappy, so they bought something else. So, it can be like that with money. You get more, and then your goal is to focus on getting more still. Kinda like a gluttonous person, their purpose is more or less obtaining more, which makes them momentarily happy. But, the happiness is fleeting.

http://lifehacker.com/why-were-so-materialistic-even-though-it-doesnt-make-1486081424
http://io9.com/why-are-materialists-less-happy-1544139588

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2178 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
AOO is trending in this thread

Husband sends wife spreadsheet showing she turned him down for sex 25/28 times

;D

When in doubt, spreadsheet it out.

are you saying this dude excels at not getting laid?

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #2179 on: July 19, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2180 on: July 20, 2014, 03:26:55 AM »
Re: I want to feel like I did in my early 20s again, suggestions?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2181 on: July 21, 2014, 04:38:54 AM »
Re: Is tattoos ever ok, on anyone? The bible says NO

you can tattoo whatever you want on your shitty body billy, you re still a wimp, and everyone knows it everywhere you go. Who are you going to scare with that retarded drawing? little kids at the park?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #2182 on: July 21, 2014, 09:24:10 PM »
Re: Which getbigger would you want to be?

I can just be "G"!

You can just fuck off.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2183 on: July 22, 2014, 03:27:27 AM »
Re: CT Fletcher calls out Leroy Colbert During His Steroid Test

I just did a contest prep for a natural.

Had him on

100mg of prop EOD
100mg of Tren EOD
50mg of Var ED

for 8 weeks

At 4 weeks out, he dropped everything

and past the drug test with flying colors, LMAO at McWay

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2184 on: July 22, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
I have lights you fucking moron

Government Housing.... The barebone utilitarian windows, 4'' generic baseboard moulding, white walls, and primitive carpet blew your cover!!  ;D ;D ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2186 on: July 22, 2014, 09:08:20 AM »
wow has this thread de-railed. The purpose was for Adam the elven ear toting troglodyte to post a recent picture to counter no ones. Instead this limp wristed cock ottoman blows the dust off his 1995 collection of photos and scans them into getbig. Then out of nowhere the handicapped school bus pulls up and as soon as the ramp is lowered tbombz peddles his tricycle furiously to get into the action. For some reason tbombz is trying to mash that Bonk sized head of his into this discussion by showing off photos of him looking like he should be wearing leather chaps and getting cornholed in the gloryhole stall of Manhattans premier Bear Club called "FUR". Adonis, upload a photo with a time stamp, nobody gives a fuck about your tullip garden or petrified wood collection.

That's a thing of beauty right there. Like Kahn M. Singh and juruth sat and composed a soliloquy.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #2187 on: July 22, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
The Honorable Kahn N. Singh doesn't seem to be posting much lately.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2189 on: July 22, 2014, 10:58:44 AM »
Re: The top-3 funniest things ever posted on Getbig

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2190 on: July 22, 2014, 11:44:21 PM »
Re: ASK Mr TAIWAN? Q&A Thread

Typhoon coming to Taipei ? No matter, TRAINING is still on!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2191 on: July 23, 2014, 04:05:44 AM »
Re: Which getbigger would you want to be?

Musclecenter's eyes
Junior's nose
Primemuscle's prostate
Tbombz T cell count
Booty's milk slingers
Jason Genova's or Bostin Loyd's penis
Falcon's Gyno
DJ181's muscles
Nick Toscani's belly
Ron Avidan's 2nd chin
Chaos' cranium/ankles/hole of butt
Big Ro's stache
Darren Avey's charming smile
Shizzo's liver

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2193 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:55 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2196 on: July 24, 2014, 04:48:06 AM »
Anybody feel like frying some HOT Bacon?

Imagine this fine specimen on a hot summers day. Pushing his ice cream cart through your neighborhood with his shirt off.

Blue collar stud.

Melted vanilla ice cream dripping all over the bulge of his faded jeans as he hands you your cone.

"You gonna wash that off?" you ask him

He tosses you a wet rag. You lick your ice cream cone furiously.

:o :o :o :o :o

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2197 on: July 24, 2014, 05:33:20 AM »

Hahahahahahahaha! Holy Shit!!! THis is the funniest yet! Still so true....I cant stop laughing lol

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2198 on: July 24, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
Anybody feel like frying some HOT Bacon?

"You gonna wash that off"?

Fucking brilliant... Great minds on getbig  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2199 on: July 24, 2014, 07:16:04 AM »
Hahahahahahahaha! Holy Shit!!! THis is the funniest yet! Still so true....I cant stop laughing lol

that tbombz video was created by IronMeister. I also think it is brilliant.  :)