Author Topic: i got into the 'calorie is a calorie' debate with a nutritionist this weekend  (Read 4787 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
First off, your were right.

Secondly, she's a nutritionist and I wouldn't think she'd, in front of others, agree with that simplified truth, formulated in the way you did, because it would seemingly undermine her profession and perhaps feel a little uncomfortable. From her perspective it probably sounded like you questioned her whole profession in an unpolite manner on the first encounter.

Maybe she knows you're technically right, but simply prefers not to sound like she endorses those kinds of diets so people think it's okay to eat like shit.

i agree with this. plus coming from 'me' im sure she got defensive off the hop. if i was fat and sedentary she prolly would have had her guard down and we could have had a good talk about it. good point.
b

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
nutritionist, dieticians, and other industries related to them, have no clue about dealing with exercise or the food and regimens for losing weight, gaining weight, and using food while working out, they have no inclination about iron pumping either, so what they think they know is really nothing.

no one

• Getbig V
Hmm, I would say it is comparable to meeting a pro bodybuilder in the same instance and asking if he taking insulin and hgh lol. No casual person knows about those things, and you are asking a question you already know the answer to, so it's like the purpose of the question was to demean instead gain knowledge. You should have had more balls and straight up said "I don't believe in healthy eating, you can eat whatever you want." And for that to be the first thing you ask...You need to work on your social skills.

thanks for the advise there, shitstick.

how was that?
b

no one

• Getbig V
nutritionist, dieticians, and other industries related to them, have no clue about dealing with exercise or the food and regimens for losing weight, gaining weight, and using food while working out, they have no inclination about iron pumping either, so what they think they know is really nothing.

i think they can and do play an important role in helping people make the proper food choices who have diseases like celiac, diverculticulitis etc. these people are needed to help other make the proper choices when it comes to eating habits for health. im not going to run their profession into the ground as i think they perform a vital a service as a chiro would to those that need them.
b

no one

• Getbig V
Gayer than "having a discussion about nutrition", when you're out with friends at a bar.   :-\   :D

haha i decided to wait and ask her how she felt about anal till after dessert.
b

Mawse

• Getbig IV
coming from you this is hillarious

credit where credit's due, Cswol knows a hell of a lot about ''using food to gain weight''

a calorie is a calorie if it fits your macros and you have no underlying issues with higher GI carbs, and the food is bioavailable (ie collagen for protein and sawdust for carbs isn't going to work)

but I doubt she would have said that, nutritionists especially female ones seem to be 30 years behind the latest studies .. they just know that 200+ grams of carbs a day (preferably 'healthy' grains) are 'good', that you should only take in 50gs of protein at most and saturated fat (especially animal fat) is 'bad'

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
its simple, they are using their title and knowledge for medical uses, they have no idea about exercise and using food with it, she is just another dumb bitch................and galeniko, im not concerned about eating like a bird, i pump iron, i dont bodybuild or try to be cut, when i was younger i use to eat more strict, im going to be 39 this year, if i want to eat pizza i eat pizza, if i want to eat ice cream i eat ice cream, some of us dont give a rats ass about being cut or ripped, because in the actual realm of things, food is what gives you size and energy, and each day i eat whatever the fuck i want, and still manage to keep myself exactly how i want............BAF NOT BUFF............BIG AS FUCK, NOT A BULLSHITTING UNDERSIZED FLUFFING F A G

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
She got pissed and bitchified because you were challenging her knowledge and expertise, most people dont exercise or workout, so they know nothing about eating just to reach their caloric intake to sustain their bodily functions, and eating to improve those bodily functions, talking to someone whos clients dont even exercise seriously, then they will never have the knowledge a iron pumper does regarding this issue.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
She got pissed and bitchified because you were challenging her knowledge and expertise, most people dont exercise or workout, so they know nothing about eating just to reach their caloric intake to sustain their bodily functions, and eating to improve those bodily functions, talking to someone whos clients dont even exercise seriously, then they will never have the knowledge a iron pumper does regarding this issue.
Not sure if serious?

juggerburn

• Getbig II
thanks for the advise there, shitstick.

how was that?

No need to be offended. I'm just telling you for future reference that what you said could be seen as inflammatory, even if your intentions are pure.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
its kind of like asking a nutritionist about bodybuilding, they arent going to be familiar with the regimens and process of eating for bodybuilding, but they have been deemed a licensed nutritionist, so if you would of asked her how is a bodybuilder suppose to eat, shes not going to know, and get even more pissed because you will be exposing them for the fraud they are.

bigmc

• Getbig V
its simple, they are using their title and knowledge for medical uses, they have no idea about exercise and using food with it, she is just another dumb bitch................and galeniko, im not concerned about eating like a bird, i pump iron, i dont bodybuild or try to be cut, when i was younger i use to eat more strict, im going to be 39 this year, if i want to eat pizza i eat pizza, if i want to eat ice cream i eat ice cream, some of us dont give a rats ass about being cut or ripped, because in the actual realm of things, food is what gives you size and energy, and each day i eat whatever the fuck i want, and still manage to keep myself exactly how i want............BAF NOT BUFF............BIG AS FUCK, NOT A BULLSHITTING UNDERSIZED FLUFFING F A G

have your blood pressure tested

urgently
T

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
big mike takin cocks, my blood work all levels are in range, however my strength and size are off the charts

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
so, im at a friends surprise bday party. there are a bunch of us at the restaurant waiting for him to show up, and we are all gathered at the bar having drinks. my one friend shows up with a new broad. introductions are made, and then the typical 'what do you do for a living?' crops up. turns out shes a 'nutritionist'. i'm like perfect, lets see what kind of chick this is, cause you can really find out a lot about a person in just a few minutes of a conversation that isnt he usual 'fluff'. so, were all standing chatting and i say 'lemme ask you a question' shes all smiles- 'sure' she says. i say 'is a calorie really just a calorie?'

the smile slips. 'what do you mean', she says. now shes kind of defensive, and i dont know why, but i want to know why. and now i want to see whats behind the, what once was, big, friendly smile

so, everyone stops and listens. im like well, say the amount of calories i take in daily to just maintain my bodyweight is 2500, shouldnt i be able to eat whatever i want as long as im in a caloire deficit and lose weight?

smile is now totally gone. she says flatly 'no.'. now everyone is paying close attention cause the energy is changing, not mine, hers, im still very innocent and light hearted, but her back is UP. and my buddy is looking at me as if to say 'dude, the fuck are you doing'.

im like you mean to tell me that if i eat 1500cals a day of cheeseburgers i wont lose weight- granted its not the healthiest diet, but dont i have to lose weight? i have to im in a calorie deficit'. she says- and im not kidding you- 'im not going to debate this with you' and shes angry!

now everyones energy is totally gone off the awkward scale, so, in order to ease tensions- and so the night goes nicely for my buddy- i played it off that i had a buddy who told me this, that i dont know a lot about this kind of stuff and that it really didnt make sense to me either.

i learned 2 things here- shes a bitch- i mean seriously who'd get offended so soon into an innocent conversation, and ya i told my buddy this, and b) she knows that shes selling people bullshit and that why she got so upset, defensive and refused to discuss it.

#coolstorybrah # nothisshitagain

She really believes that bullshit I think as do many on this site and every where else.  When it comes to food I would say the majority of people have an irrational fear of it and absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of it or the nutritional aspect of it.

I still have to fight this battle on this site on a daily basis.  People are stupid.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
She really believes that bullshit I think as do many on this site and every where else.  When it comes to food I would say the majority of people have an irrational fear of it and absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of it or the nutritional aspect of it.

I still have to fight this battle on this site on a daily basis.  People are stupid.
I have always been in your corner in this debate. Can't really see how it can be argued.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
credit where credit's due, Cswol knows a hell of a lot about ''using food to gain weight''

a calorie is a calorie if it fits your macros and you have no underlying issues with higher GI carbs, and the food is bioavailable (ie collagen for protein and sawdust for carbs isn't going to work)

but I doubt she would have said that, nutritionists especially female ones seem to be 30 years behind the latest studies .. they just know that 200+ grams of carbs a day (preferably 'healthy' grains) are 'good', that you should only take in 50gs of protein at most and saturated fat (especially animal fat) is 'bad'
You don`t need any special Macros.  Worrying about Macros is just pointless.  You will get the correct ones by default if you just eat like a normal human being and monitor your calories.  No reason at all to "track Macros".

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
adonis, what would you tell a nutritionist who was aware you workout, or say when you were at your consistent peak of training, and told you to cut all carbohydrates, i wish he would have posed this question to her, the number one answer from these people would be to cut all carbs out of your diet, but we the people who workout know that carbs are the energy and synergy to our programs, next time ask her about carbs, see what she says, no one.

bigmc

• Getbig V
big mike takin cocks, my blood work all levels are in range, however my strength and size are off the charts

no they arent your health is failing

and you have the cardio of a 90 year old your bench vid was a car crash

im not hating just think you need a reality check  :)
T

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
'maybe you can come down to the gym and i will do the touch the chest for ya, heres to your reality check, 21 inch arms cold, not even pumped, maybe you need a reality check to realize what your typing on the internet dont mean one fucking thing, im 39 years old, 280 lbs, big as fuck son!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
'maybe you can come down to the gym and i will do the touch the chest for ya, heres to your reality check, 21 inch arms cold, not even pumped, maybe you need a reality check to realize what your typing on the internet dont mean one fucking thing, im 39 years old, 280 lbs, big as fuck son!
That pic reminds me of the old bigfoot vid from the 70's.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
ohh and im married to a RN, dont you think if my blood pressure was out of range my wife would be on my ass to do something about it, some of us know that that conventional touching your chest with the bar is resting, why did ct fletcher say many of the biggest muthafuckas in the world come from the pen and their whole workout is partial reps, obviously your touch the bar conventional shit, doesnt build the size and strength you think it does, listen to the video, posted just for you!
he even says for all you MC squared muthafuckaz, obviously dont know what the fuck your talking about, so listen, most guys in pen do partial reps, 1:01 of the video, he tells you your working out in theory, but you aint ever done nothing in application

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
ohh and im married to a RN, dont you think if my blood pressure was out of range my wife would be on my ass to do something about it, some of us know that that conventional touching your chest with the bar is resting, why did ct fletcher say many of the biggest muthafuckas in the world come from the pen and their whole workout is partial reps, obviously your touch the bar conventional shit, doesnt build the size and strength you think it does, listen to the video, posted just for you!
he even says for all you MC squared muthafuckaz, obviously dont know what the fuck your talking about, so listen, most guys in pen do partial reps, 1:01 of the video, he tells you your working out in theory, but you aint ever done nothing in application

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
sounds like another nice young lady that needs a penis in her ass
"

biff

• Getbig IV
how was i looking for an argument? how is it loaded? attacked? are you passive aggressive by chance? lol i had never had the chance to debate this with a nutritionist. i wanted to know why a calorie isnt just a calorie in a caloric deficit when it concerns weight loss. if she had been able to satisfy me with a logical answer i would have thanked her for educating me as such, and thats sincere.

you're calling the woman a bitch, anyone who disagrees stupid, but this would have stayed a nice civil debate with her, right?
you have your mind decided on the subject, you obviously have an idea howmany  'nutritionists' think on the subject, so why bother bringing it up unless you are looking to stir shit?

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
maybe she got the vibe that you were trying to 'test' her and she didn't want to get into what could have turned out to be a long winded debate with someone she had just met. So she shut you down before you got started.